As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mystery Science Theater 3000] Season 13 done, Season 14 coming?

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Don't take my ball from me.

That's my ball.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I was surprised HBO Max or some other streaming service didn't snap up MST3K. Built in loyal fan base, cheap to produce, seems like a winner.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Someone give me a bunch of money so I have have dinner with Joel and Weird Al because that’s an add-on reward now.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Someone give me a bunch of money so I have have dinner with Joel and Weird Al because that’s an add-on reward now.

Like, if someone bought that for me, I would go, but I would be like Chris Farley talking to Paul McCartney the whole time.

“Remember when you made fun of bad movies and parodied songs? ...that was awesome.”

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    10k left. This is happening. Also I added a second T-shirt for my dad.

Update..

THEY BURNED THE BARN DOWN AND GOT ALL THE CHEESE!

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    And they already raised more than the last kickstarter with 40ish minutes to go. 13 episodes is a go!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    So I don't have to give 220?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular

Like, if someone bought that for me, I would go, but I would be like Chris Farley talking to Paul McCartney the whole time.

“Remember when you made fun of bad movies and parodied songs? ...that was awesome.”

...I'd probably ask him if he had any new songs or albums planned. Because I'm the worst.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    150 seemed to be the sweet spot between the tchotchkes it comes with and having to explain to my wife why I spent 150 on a TV show so I went with that one.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I did the hundred plus an extra pair of 3d glasses for my wife plus the 18 classic episodes download thing, only because I'm buying a house next week and couldn't talk myself into the $400 or whatever for all the old eps at the same time as that.

Does anyone who's paid more attention than me know if they'll have the old eps for digital purchase/rent on their streaming deal? I've seen a lot but definitely not nearly all.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I did the hundred plus an extra pair of 3d glasses for my wife plus the 18 classic episodes download thing, only because I'm buying a house next week and couldn't talk myself into the $400 or whatever for all the old eps at the same time as that.

Does anyone who's paid more attention than me know if they'll have the old eps for digital purchase/rent on their streaming deal? I've seen a lot but definitely not nearly all.

Yeah, they said all the old episode rewards including anything you got from the previous kickstarter will be marked as owned or whatever in the gizmoplex... So it sounds like you can basically go there and download them whenever.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I can't believe they've never done a Halloween special. I think I might be most excited for that.

Now take your time and make this new season really, really good.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Literally my only complaint about last season was how short it was. I grew up with 24 episode seasons! A 6 episode season is way too brief!

• Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Where do you actually download the old digital rewards for the old Kickstarter now anyway? All the links are broken. Edit: never mind I found them, it just required some digging for the right site.

I didn't realize they had season 12 digital download as a reward at some point

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Literally my only complaint about last season was how short it was. I grew up with 24 episode seasons! A 6 episode season is way too brief!

It was supposed to be 12 episodes, but Netflix loves doing that fuckawful half-season crap and then cancelled the show after those 6 episodes.

• Options
    The 3rd episode of Season 13 will be Gamera Vs Jiger!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    The 3rd episode of Season 13 will be Gamera Vs Jiger!!!!!!!!!!

I. Love. Gamera.

• Options
    Gamera is really neat. Gamera is full of meat.

I wonder if it will be one of the two Joel episodes just to keep them all under the same host.

• Options
    Shell!
    Teeth!
    Eyes!
    Flames!
    Claws!
    Breath!
    Scales!
    Fun!

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I'll say this, I actually saw ads for this on my Instagram which means they actually tried to get the word out in a big way, I almost only hear about MST stuff here

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Gamera is really neat. Gamera is full of meat.

I wonder if it will be one of the two Joel episodes just to keep them all under the same host.

And update the Sandy Frank song!

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Has the MST3K movie been on Hulu in wonderful HD all this time, and I just missed it?

• Options
    Martini_PhilosopherMartini_Philosopher Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    Has the MST3K movie been on Hulu in wonderful HD all this time, and I just missed it?

News to me. Normally that stuff is trumpeted pretty loudly by the guys and I can't find anything recent from them about it.

All opinions are my own and in no way reflect that of my employer.
  • Options
    edited July 2021

...may need to buy tickets again for this.. (I got so lucky and last year's was like, literally one month before all the COVID shit hit)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »

News to me. Normally that stuff is trumpeted pretty loudly by the guys and I can't find anything recent from them about it.

They haven't returned to normal view yet, I guess.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Martini_PhilosopherMartini_Philosopher Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

...may need to buy tickets again for this.. (I got so lucky and last year's was like, literally one month before all the COVID shit hit)

And if you don't see your city on the list, wait a few weeks. Joel has already said more will be added.

All opinions are my own and in no way reflect that of my employer.
  • Options
    I got my tickets! Splurged for VIP because I haven’t been anywhere else for the last year and change.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I got my tickets! Splurged for VIP because I haven’t been anywhere else for the last year and change.

This is how I justified dropping the money on tickets and a hotel to see Taylor Tomlinson in Minneapolis in the fall

• Options
    The snowglobes have been finalized!

v1PAbLs.jpg

Also they're streaming The Horror Of Party Beach live tonight at 8 ET.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2xn99iSL10

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    you mean the horror of public beach?

• Options
    That snowglobe is pretty dang awesome. I would try to snag one but $175 is just way too pricey unfortunately :(

• Options
    Don't forget, MST3K Turkey Day Marathon today.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I'm sporadically watching it throughout the day. I don't think I ever saw the third movie before.

EmperorSeth on
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    BANG!

• Options
    I saw the Live show last night. It was very good. There was a thing that happened in the movie that the audience was shocked and after a few beats Servo just turns and says, “we all saw that, right?” Probably the best laugh I had in the whole movie and it wasn’t even an actual riff.

• Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    I saw the Live show last night. It was very good. There was a thing that happened in the movie that the audience was shocked and after a few beats Servo just turns and says, “we all saw that, right?” Probably the best laugh I had in the whole movie and it wasn’t even an actual riff.

Saw the same show earlier this month in Boston. And yes, it's incredible when the movie is so bad that one of the biggest laughs come from the insanity on screen and the bots don't have to say anything. Great show overall, most of the interstitial set pieces were great. Almost felt like it was too easy of a movie to rip on, but the jokes were still solid.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Also my vip tote bag had an engraved MST pocket watch in it? The watch lid has the logo moon. So I have one of those now? They were selling them for a lot so the fact that I got one included really made the cost of my VIP ticket cheap.

• Options
    So this is weird. I had the Turkey Day marathon open on Youtube, but when I refreshed the page, suddenly it's only 12 hours long and there are comments about films being cut. Does anyone know what happened and have a full list of the movies shown?

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Oh my god

There was a reboot of Prince of Space/Planet Prince this year, back in august

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9G5BfBs1dE

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    AlexandierAlexandier Registered User regular
    c7ietu1f7mbq.png