As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    that boss model is fucking slick and the paint job is as always amazing.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Hey, if anyone is getting Belakor for AOS and doesn't need the wounded Space Marine bit, I'll gladly take it off of your hands. Let me know what you think is fair and maybe we can work something out. I want to get ahold of one to use as part of an objective for a narrative campaign.

Also, with all of the new units that Stormcast are getting their 3.0 Battletome is going to be freaking huge.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Saw some pictures of kruleboys with regular orruk heads and while I'm not sure that it looks better per se, it looks like a good possibility to tie them more closely to existing orruks for a combined army for example.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Go look at the Preview article on Warhammer Community and take a good look at the Annihilators. Now think of “‘80’s Action Movie stars” and look again.
    I think someone snuck in an homage…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Go look at the Preview article on Warhammer Community and take a good look at the Annihilators. Now think of “‘80’s Action Movie stars” and look again.
    I think someone snuck in an homage…

*Squints* Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Willis?

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Am I missing something, or do the Path to Glory rules fail to tell you what an Outpost is or does beyond being something limited in number by your Stronghold level?

MhCw7nZ.gif
    New short story on warcom today. Features some orruks on monster sized vultures. So probably another new krulboys model.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    New short story on warcom today. Features some orruks on monster sized vultures. So probably another new krulboys model.

Check out the background of the new Orruk Warclans book.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    I realized what a lot nof the krulboy heads remind me of. They kinda look like the villain from galaxy quest

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    I will never stop holding out hope for Fimir models in the new Kruleboyz line.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I feel the Fimir are best left in the past knowing what their lore was and backstory

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I see people say that a lot, but a lot of early Warhammer and 40k had fucked up lore they just stopped talking about that got forgotten. And it's a bit late for them to be left in the past considering Forgeworld sold miniatures of them up until 2019 and they were added to Warhammer Total War.

I think the thing best left in the past and forgotten, is the shitty lore that hasn't been canon or mentioned officially in some 30 odd years.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I feel the Fimir are best left in the past knowing what their lore was and backstory

We'd be abandoning orcs too.

When GW changed them to being fungus that keeps popping back no matter how much you kill them, today's whingy right-wingers would have accused them of SJWing them. We don't talk about some of the old lore for stuff in Warhammer because some of it was unbelievably awful and it's 100% best left in the past. The great thing with AoS is they can add whatever they want and change the lore however they feel like.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Really orks being hyper aggressive fungus is a neat

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Beastmen as well were explicitly rapey; Famir were not unique to the setting in that way.

• DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    Haven't Orks / orruks / what ever they are now called always been a sentient fungus ?

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

edited July 2021
    Draeven wrote: »
    Haven't Orks / orruks / what ever they are now called always been a sentient fungus ?

Nope. Once upon a time they weren't and it was fucking terrible.

Then someone decided to make them a weird fungus and it's one of Warhammers best ever changes.

Aegeri on
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    So my 9 year old got his first game of Warcry in on Sunday! He really liked it. I gave him a big advantage by telling him which corner I had to defend, when it is supposed to be secret. This turned the game into his Night Haunt rushing across the battlefield to swarm my KO. He ended up winning because I couldn't take out the spirit host before the turn ended.

He is about to go spend some time at grandma's. What he doesn't know while he is gone I'll be magnetizing the bases of his warband so they will fit in the magnarack/case that I just bought for him as a surprise.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    edited July 2021
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Draeven wrote: »

Nope. Once upon a time they weren't and it was fucking terrible.

Then someone decided to make them a weird fungus and it's one of Warhammers best ever changes.

Orcs used to be Tory Brownshirts fighting under the banner of Margaret Thatcher. They were Britain's ultimate 80s bad guy mooks.

Of course then they turned into generic barbarian horde as described by a Roman propagandist.

honovere on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular

Man, I would love to see orruks riding big shrieking, reeking, dirty giant vulture-monster mounts.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Beastmen as well were explicitly rapey; Famir were not unique to the setting in that way.

tbf with beastmen this was originally a Runequest thing.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    I'm going to pick up my copy of Dominion today. I'm going to come home and build Stormcast models, and marshal my willpower to leave the Kruleboyz sprues alone, because I do not need another AOS army.

I really really like this look, largely because of the helmet I'll be honest (though of course the paintjob is gorgeous). I don't hate the Stormcast helmets, but I don't love them. I do wonder where they got the helmet though.

Dwwzfed4NnEndnXZ.jpg

Free guild Greatswords.

Makes me wonder how they'd look with feathery hats.

edited July 2021
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Free guild Greatswords.

And all the bits for them are sold out (not to mention the box, but apparently there's only like one helmet per box)

Not much luck on conversion places either for just plain old armored/knight helmets

Edit: if I do go for conversions for the head, should I stick with one style/type for all of them, or go with a mix (of appropriate era/type)

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    I'm basically done with AoS for the foreseeable future and certainly done with stormcasts in particular.

But that conversion has given me pause.

EDIT: It's AoS Robocop. Can't unsee.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    It's specifically a "Sallet" type helmet, if that makes narrowing down 3d print searches easier
    sallet-and-bevor-the-kingmaker-3.jpg

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
    I did find a couple of promising conversion options. One shop in particular had some really good choices, including some sallet helms. I actually really like the Barbute style helmets they have (all of their stuff is for 40k conversions, but their Guard and Sisters lines have stuff that can work for fantasy or for 40k style sci fi stuff. Unfortunately a bunch of their stuff is out of stock right now due to lack of supply.
    0iq5iprxnb7l.jpeg

They could use that model in a Dark Souls tabletop game and it would fit perfectly.

As for Stormcast helmets in general, I thought they looked cool at first, with this sort of "Death Mask" aesthetic. I didn't know anything about their lore because I hadn't quite started playing AOS yet, but they looked like big metal automatons, basically living armor. Like if you somehow knocked a panel off it would just be energy inside, or lightning, something like that. I was very disappointed when they started releasing models with bare heads and arms and it turned out they were just muscular people in armor.

I think that's why I think the Stonecast paintjobs look so good.

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Your best best for those kind of helmets is to raid the Hundred Kingdoms range for Conquest. The models are like 38mm scale so the regular dudes are more or less exactly stormcast sized, and there's tons of options there. The steel legion or guilded legion, in particular, have helmets that would be perfect. I would personally go with guilded legion because then you still have all the parts to build the other option in the multi-kit and net yourself a pretty cool looking CoS regiment in the process.

Norgoth on
    Kinda funny in a sad way that they used to be nicknames Goldswords because the kit was so expensive and now it's like 35 bucks for 10 models? That seems pretty okay for GW models. Also they are never available because pretty much everyone doing blanchitsu and other offsprings like that is using that kit.

I was interested in the sort of grill helmets you see in some knights as an option for one paint scheme idea I had, but I can't that kind of thing anywhere, either as a visor or the whole helmet like the Lawbringer in For Honor
    pumdv1ayh1b2.png

edited July 2021
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/12/broken-realms-fiction-the-scales-of-victory/

The seraphon are reawakening the draconith.

Please give me a faction full of dragons please. Basically mega gargants, but dragons. A nice kit that lets you build actual characters instead of nameless ridden beasts.

honovere on
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Scuttlebutt is more dragon elements for Stormcast (flying cavalry and such.) But there is a suspicious lack of dragons in AoS overall, so I certainly wouldn't complain about a full dragon faction.

Stop hogging all the coolest mounts, Sigmar! You already got all the gryphchargers and stuff. (I'm a bit sour because of dragon princes, maybe)

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Warbands for the Underworlds throne!

All of these are painted in contrast.

1pf2xs0tqjie.jpg
    I figured I wanted to do one for each chaos god, and rather then go stereotypical Tzeentch for the sorceress, I went Slaanesh. Then her sister and rival had to be Khorne. Sorceress' original head made her look too much like a man, so I gave her a third-party head. Otherwise everything is stock.

j7qmm4shxy32.jpg
    Went for a winter scheme since these can be taken with my BCR, and hunters are all about that camo. (The rest of the BCR are in garish colors to show off how much fine cloth they've plundered.) Very happy with the Gnoblar. The green is a mix of iyanden (yellow), thalassar (cyan), and apothecary (bluish white), as I don't have a pale green. White clothes is apothecary. Everything is drybrushed pure army painter white.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    I too painted some underworlds:

OuqiBP1h.jpg
    E63Kpt1h.jpg
    More in the spoilers
    L6Gm8sEh.jpg
    u13se9Hh.jpg
    vwgQr4Ah.jpg
    N4JOI3Th.jpg
    6dGhoagh.jpg
    qeHvrzjh.jpg
    Wq0K4UCh.jpg

TheGerbil on
    Huh, next White Dwarf is a Jervis Johnson farewell issue. Looks like he's leaving GW.

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Huh, next White Dwarf is a Jervis Johnson farewell issue. Looks like he's leaving GW.

Yeah I've got the issue already, he's retiring after 38 years with GW. Really Interesting article about everything he's worked on and there's a section where he goes through some of his favourite retro battle reports too.

His first job was a trade sales assistant in 1982 on £4,600 a year.

This discussion has been closed.