As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Welp, who knows when my Dominion will get here at this point. GW always ships late, and always the lowest possible tier of UPS, and now it's stuck somewhere in middle America because of an "emergency event" which UPS gives no details about. I should know better than to order directly from GW at this point. I don't think anything I've pre-ordered from them has arrived without some sort of issue.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Stopped by the GW store on Saturday, to pick up the free Stormcast model.

Also decided to pickup the Warcry Sentinels of Order book, so that I could use the very small collection of Stormcast I had collected through Underworlds in Warcry too.

Then I rifled through my pockets and realized I had accumulated a decent amount of unspoken for cash, and picked up a Catacombs box too.

Pile of shame growing :(:D

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Stopped by the GW store on Saturday, to pick up the free Stormcast model.

Also decided to pickup the Warcry Sentinels of Order book, so that I could use the very small collection of Stormcast I had collected through Underworlds in Warcry too.

Then I rifled through my pockets and realized I had accumulated a decent amount of unspoken for cash, and picked up a Catacombs box too.

Pile of shame growing :(:D

It's the pile of potential.
    It is really the pile of shame.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    As someone with an unbuilt Catacombs box, unbuilt Tyranid Swarm (they're on hold until their book), and now the 2nd half of my OBR army, you might wonder why I'm reading the Hedonites book intently

because i too am amassing a pile of shame

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    If it helps the Hedonite book is a little weak, and honestly not very exciting (or excessive!) when it comes to special rules and abilities, it feels like it's paying for the sins of the previous book in a few areas.

Unfortunately the models are ridiculously stunning and very rewarding to paint, which is why I'm working my way through boxes of mortal Hedonites as we speak, which might not do much to help your shame pile situation...

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    My pile of shame is old enough to rent a Ferrari*.

* that's 25+ for non-US folks.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2021

I have a small pile of mid-90s Eldar in a drawer somewhere. Still in blisters.

Echo on
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

That's probably a decent long term asset value investment now.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

It is always nice to keep up with the newest releases.

Hmm browsing through the GW store to see what it would cost to get some Gryphounds or Aetherwings and I stumbled across the Stormstrike box, which has a 15 Stormcast/ Nighthaunt models for a really good price .

So very tempting

steam_sig.png
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    If you want to get the Storm Strike box, now would probably be a good time since I'd bet it's going away soon (the same way that the old Storm of Sigmar box disappeared not long after Soul Wars was released).

c4jnmc4d86o6.jpg

Which, at $33, was a pretty killer deal back in the day.

• TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Is that two paladins and 3 liberators?

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Yeah, the AoS starter sets have often had understrength unit sizes in both AoS 1.0 and 2.0, I assume that's cos of how the sprues were laid out? Fortunately the AoS 3.0 sets all have actual, usable unit sizes in them.

I actually got to play a game (with appropriate precautions) for the first time in, like, a year, which was nice. The new rules seem pretty solid, though there's a lot more fiddly stuff to remember on top of the fiddly stuff your army is already doing.

3h6mq6h88qw0.jpg
    Hedonite Godseekers vs Seraphon Thunder Lizards

qn8qtgvsly3y.jpg
    There was a Bastilodon in that gap there until the Keeper spiked high on mortal wounds for once.

0xm9prf5txfe.jpg
    (Partially painted) Sigvald leaps majestically from the ruins to engage the skink chief in worthy combat.

vchdp9brs9e7.jpg
    Reality cracks as keening Daemonettes pour onto the battlefield en masse!

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeeess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5iXMyORIYc

We got the big vulture beasties like we thought we would.

H9f4bVe.png
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I'll give it about a week after release until there's version posted online as a white chicken

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    El Pollo Diablo.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Ultra mega chicken

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    It having a tail reminds me of raptors, and then my mind went to the silly pants feathers a lot of them had:

changyuraptor.jpg

Alternatively, I wonder how it'd look in a Seraphon army with a spare Carnosaur head (though I suspect the neck would need bulking up).

• McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Greater Krootbuzzard.
    (actually, the whole kroolboyz line would make for a pretty awesome base for a converted Kroot army.)

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    You know what would be crazy?

We've had plenty of fantasy analogs brought to 40K.
    What if an original 40K property showed up in fantasy.
    What if there were AoS Tau and Kroot. Or Taeu and Kryoot. Kruut.

That'd be... something, alright.

H9f4bVe.png
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    It having a tail reminds me of raptors, and then my mind went to the silly pants feathers a lot of them had:

changyuraptor.jpg

I mean, raptors (dromeosaurs) are named after raptors (birds of prey). And as for 'pants feathers', the bald eagle & snowy owl would like to have a word with you:
    c1wdqcv55t3v.jpg
    9f0o8b4zo2kv.jpg

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »

They already did the 40k to fantasy thing with Stormcasts though.

I wouldn't be opposed to a Tyranid analog but I guess they could largely come over as-is. Fantasy Genestealer Cult would be pretty rad.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    That model is one of their best.

Can't believe how much they are knocking it out of the park with these new sculpts.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

changyuraptor.jpg

Alternatively, I wonder how it'd look in a Seraphon army with a spare Carnosaur head (though I suspect the neck would need bulking up).

8ofgsj1d9mao.png

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

I wish I had more AoS themed terrain. I have fuck tons of 40K stuff. I really need to look into AoS terrain sets.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »

They already did the 40k to fantasy thing with Stormcasts though.

I wouldn't be opposed to a Tyranid analog but I guess they could largely come over as-is. Fantasy Genestealer Cult would be pretty rad.

Fantasy Tyranids are just Ogors, surely

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    Stragint wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »

I wish I had more AoS themed terrain. I have fuck tons of 40K stuff. I really need to look into AoS terrain sets.

I just have the graveyard and stormvault from warcry
    I also have the realm gates and I forgot the name of that dragon inscrolled ruin I also have the blasted hollowheart set
    We use the realm gates for both 40k and AoS I do want the get the souldrain forest for killteam and in general but we really should stop using the trees worth more than dope

The AoS terrain kits are quite nice, I especially like the little bits of scatter scenery from the stormvault range, but a lot of it suffers (imo) from only letting you build L-shaped ruin segments for the most part, but that's true of a lot of GW scenery. The Warcry stuff is a little more flexible in that regard.

But there are also plenty of places which do great 3d/resin printed scenery these days, which can be quite reasonably priced.

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    99 pages. Wow

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    So I'm feeling a bit hesitant. I want to kitbash the Wight King from the new Start Collecting box, but one thing I want to do is swap out the chest piece, but it comes with arms attached to it. So I'd have to cut the arms off and attach them to my desired chest piece, but it's got the paulders and the shape is odd, and now I'm worried about fucking it up.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    If you want to get the Storm Strike box, now would probably be a good time since I'd bet it's going away soon (the same way that the old Storm of Sigmar box disappeared not long after Soul Wars was released).
    c4jnmc4d86o6.jpg

Yep, I jinxed it, out of stock online

Better for my backlog this way though to be honest

steam_sig.png
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    So I'm feeling a bit hesitant. I want to kitbash the Wight King from the new Start Collecting box, but one thing I want to do is swap out the chest piece, but it comes with arms attached to it. So I'd have to cut the arms off and attach them to my desired chest piece, but it's got the paulders and the shape is odd, and now I'm worried about fucking it up.

Green stuff and/or extra armor bits can cover up a lot of mistakes.

• R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    One of my group, actually the only one who hadn't played AoS yet and didn't have any AoS minis, ended up ordering Dominion because he loves the Kruelboyz so much.

Best part is I traded him a bunch of paints I don't use and a bit of cash for the Stormcast half, so I have some new beefcakes to stoke the hunger of the Backlog Dragon.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    c4jnmc4d86o6.jpg

Amazon has it for $36 if you wanna give Lord Bezos a tithe.

c4jnmc4d86o6.jpg

Amazon has it for $36 if you wanna give Lord Bezos a tithe.

<_<

>_>

I actually ended up going that route, someone was selling if for slightly more than MRSP but it had free shipping, so came out cheaper than the other options I could find.

I was mildly tempted to get the new AOS 3.0 box in the same price range, but the new Kroolboyz don’t match up with any models I already have, meanwhile the Storm Strike matches up with both my Nightvault Underworlds teams.

steam_sig.png
    Late last week I debated about getting the DoK, Realm Lords and Necron books my debate was is the voucher program worth it? Today I got them alas I don't have the time this week to really read them
    The various city/states of the realm lords sound like prescription drugs.
    Has every day got you down try Ymetrica today
    Do you feel like not yourself Iliatha is there for you
    Ask about Zaitrec today it's magic can go a long way.

z6v8to63340k.jpg
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/22/arena-mortis-returns-to-warhammer-underworlds-with-hungry-hazards-and-unpleasant-universal-cards/
    Huh they are continuing area for underworlds
    I wonder how it will work since 1v1 is not as exciting as my brother has banned me from playing Vortemis as all I did in a few games was spam summon blue horrors and pew pew with magic in a corner

I don't understand the point of arena. Why not just play regular underworlds?

This discussion has been closed.