As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Exterior Crocodile Alligator

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited July 2021 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Exterior Crocodile Alligator

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    I don't think that's a human thing. Might be a Florida thing, though.

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Man, my friend who reads PA but hasn't started Loki yet is gonna be mighty confused.

• Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    I often talk of the "distance" of an alternate universe to this one. Obviously it isn't physical linear distance, more like a measure of how much events occurred differently. Like I might say "The universe where I became a teacher instead of a software developer isn't far from this one". Meaning it could have easily happened that way, not much would need to be different.

The universe in the comic is *very* far away.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I often talk of the "distance" of a alternate universe to this one. Obviously it isn't physical linear distance, more like a measure of how much events occurred differently. Like I might say "The universe where I became a teacher instead of a software developer isn't far from this one". Meaning it could have easily happened that way, not much would need to be different.

The universe in the comic is *very* far away.

Can't be that far

If you go far enough you end up back where you started

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    Man, my friend who reads PA but hasn't started Loki yet is gonna be mighty confused.

Well, that would describe me as well, and I wasn't confused. I was too ignorant to be confused. I just thought they were randomly talking about alternate realities and it made it into the script.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular

I just figured it was just a weird setting for a comic, to make a surreal joke. Kinda like when they hatched out of alien cocoons while talking about EA's mascot characters.

• KagatoACKagatoAC Registered User regular
    ditto that, I haven't started Loki because I am waiting for all 6 episodes to be out.

edited July 2021
    Considering the title, I have to post this.

qyxk4fysaavf.png

dennis on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

To be honest this holds up without context

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Multiversal Gabe and Tycho! I am here for this shit. :biggrin:

Reminds me of that stupid ST:Voyager episode where Tom Paris gets turned into a small Axolotl-type creature.
    If the universe is infinite in and of itself, then you don't even need a multiverse for every potential possibility to play itself out. :)

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
    edited July 2021
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Multiversal Gabe and Tycho! I am here for this shit. :biggrin:

And this isn't even the first one!

i-7hMkQf3-X3.jpg

dennis on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The gators and the gals need to team up and fight and/or commit crime.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular

Ooh, right. The thing that happened in Loki.

Now I get it.

H9f4bVe.png
  • NemuriBakuNemuriBaku Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Golden Yak wrote: »

Ooh, right. The thing that happened in Loki.

Now I get it.

Yeah, my guess had been that in Florida an actual human had crawled out of a storm drain and bit someone.

NemuriBaku on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I forgot how amazing lady Tycho's hair was

• LtPowersLtPowers Registered User regular
    Not everybody watches the same stuff, you know?

I mean, it's fine to make a comic that references Loki -- and the comic does work without context -- but for the commentary that usually explains the comic to say that there's context and then not provide it? That's just cruel.

Powers &8^]

• Armored ChocoboArmored Chocobo Registered User regular
    I think that's just Florida Man, the most aggressive Human.

• Emperor MegamanEmperor Megaman Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Without context, i thought the comic was reacting to a news story or something. I then wondered if we where talking about a actual guy eating a actual baby or a baby alligator, (which for the gators would just be the default when saying "a baby"), or something else entirely, but i was not to willing to look it up and find out.

On a side note:female Gabe and Tycho's hair are more fabulous than they have any rights to.

Emperor Megaman on
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    For the record, Lady Gabe and Tycho have their own names" Gabbie and Tyche.

• shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    Coincidentally there was an incident in florida involving a guy killing an alligator.