As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon Unite] Pokemon MOBA on Switch & Mobile / Switch live now!

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    protip: It's so much better in 60 fps mode; I dunno why the terrible janky feeling 30 is the default

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Zeraora feels too strong

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    is there rowlett

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Zeraora feels too strong

It's very strong early and mid game but if you keep together and make sure to have interrupts handy you can basically neutralize it by late game

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Pikachu (Attacker) Charizard (All-Rounder) Snorlax (Defender) Crustle (Defender) Greninja (Attacker) Eldegoss (Supporter) Talonflame (Speedster) Lucario (All-Rounder) Venusaur (Attacker) Mr. Mime (Supporter) Slowbro (Defender) Absol (Speedster) Machamp (All-Rounder) Wigglytuff (Supporter) Alolan Ninetales (Attacker) Cramorant (Attacker) Gengar (Speedster) Garchomp (All-Rounder) Cinderace (Attacker) Zeraora (Speedster)

That is the current list. The types are pretty straight forward to low def high attack to the opposite to just full support.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Zeraora feels too strong

It's very strong early and mid game but if you keep together and make sure to have interrupts handy you can basically neutralize it by late game

It does have some really nice mobility when it gets going - Spark and Wild Charge lets it move like crazy...

Looking forward to the free Ninetails tomorrow morning :D.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    There seems to be a distinction between attack and special attack, but I can't find anywhere the game tells you what your pokemon uses. Do you just have to assume it's the same as in the mainline games? And also know them off the top of your head?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    SLyM wrote: »
    There seems to be a distinction between attack and special attack, but I can't find anywhere the game tells you what your pokemon uses. Do you just have to assume it's the same as in the mainline games? And also know them off the top of your head?

My rough guess? Probably melee/ranged.

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Zeraora feels too strong

It does have some really nice mobility when it gets going - Spark and Wild Charge lets it move like crazy...

The timer on daily stuff actually just rolled over for me a little less than an hour ago, so I just got Ninetails.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    Iblis wrote: »
    Zeraora feels too strong

The timer on daily stuff actually just rolled over for me a little less than an hour ago, so I just got Ninetails.

Praise GMT!

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    The manual target selection with the wheel you select with the right stick has to be the dumbest thing I’ve ever encountered.

Also lucario seems op as fuck and zeraora has nothing on him; just finished a game where at equal levels he’d 1v5 my entire team :o

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Played a bunch of rounds tonight and just unlocked Gengar and Quick Matches. At first I thought regular matches were quick, but quick matches are 4v4 one lane 5 minute rotating maps. Definitely more hectic.

Feeling the "one more match" curse already. I really like Pikachu, Cinderace, and Venusaur so far. Gearing more towards attackers it seems. Ranged with burn or paralyze feels so strong cause you can dance around heroes and DPS.

Also, Zapdos is 100% a priority. We had an afk for the first 6 minutes of a game that came back, and we were soooo far behind. Nah. Zapdos kill immediately at 2 and just took down all of their towers while we had one up still. Easy game.

• Options
    Oh yeah, a zapdos into dunking hard can flip a game quick.

People are being bad about the side objectives in general.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Yeah, having fun with this too. Digging Mr Mime. I love supports that do status stuff instead of healing.

• Options
    Ninetails is neat. Fragile, but a lot of control in the kit.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Zeraora feels too strong

https://youtu.be/yUUYCz4rI4Y

• Options
    Ninetails is neat. Fragile, but a lot of control in the kit.

Oh yeah, I've done one match with Ninetails but it was a lot of fun. Approaching 10K funbucks and debating what Pokemon to grab. Would be there already, but I bought some items assuming I had to do that to fill my loadout out before I realized they were locked until I leveled. Thinking of Garchomp to give me access to an all-rounder since I have one of everything else. But maybe Wigglytuff could be fun. Or having Snorlax for quite a bit cheaper. Suppose there's no hurry, and I can wait until they rotate into the free rotation to try them since I'm still mostly sticking to Eldegloss.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    oh nice there's play with real real people vs bots. i know someone asked earlier. they appear to not be advanced bots but it's something at least.

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Zapdos is the light. Zapdos is the truth.

Just managed to steal one on my Greninja and my team came back and barely won in the last minute of the game.

I'm really enjoying playing this.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    It amazes me how much people are ignoring the whole scoring part of the game.

• Options
    Had my first hilariously bad match, which took longer than I expected to be fair. My team just... refused to work together. Or defend against the enemy team. Like three went bottom, Snorlax went jungle, so I soloed top as Gible (decided to try him out since I realized I'm an idiot and he's in the free rotation). End I held off the three enemies up top for a long time, actually, while my teammates kind of achieved jack and shit. Things got kind of better when I hit Garchomp and became a major threat, but even then it somehow kept coming down to me defending our point, sometimes taking out one of the enemies but ultimately going down before they scored while my team... did I don't even know. They won by about 930 points vs our like... sixty. I tried to take Zapdos to turn the tide, but once again no one joined me and I got ganked. I did finish the match as MVP at least, by a pretty wide-margin.

• Options
    Ninetails is a murder machine has been my first impression.

I just had a 14 kill game MVP where the entire other team had 12 kills.

Also I really love venosaurs petal storm ability

• Options
    I had my first match, no item to everyone having a held item

I was playing as Snorlax, my favorite pokemon

and Snorlax spams high range stuns, creates walls, and is very very chunky

I was MVP and we won by like 100 points

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I got to level 5 today and unlocked Bulbasaur (#notVenasaur). I won 4 games and got MVP in one game. Soaking XP is really good, so I just typically do that and then dunk when there's an opening.

It's the early phase of the game, so a lot of bad MOBA players are here and think it's all about fighting. The level differences are pretty huge from what I've seen so far.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Theoretically I know someone should go to the middle area and "jungle" but I have zero concept on who can do that well or how they accomplish that (I know about the buffs at least)

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Theoretically I know someone should go to the middle area and "jungle" but I have zero concept on who can do that well or how they accomplish that (I know about the buffs at least)

I’m not an expert, but I believe generally high damage offensive characters are the ideal here so they can get extra XP and swing team fights/gank enemies. So like Zeraora, Cinderace, etc. If there’s a Garchomp it should probably go to him since his unevolved forms are a little weak, but Garchomp himself is a goddamn monster. So getting Gible to Garchomp ASAP is important.

Edit: I’m not sure on strategy to it yet, but I assume going Ludicolo fast is important due to how his buff speeding up NPC kills. And also I imagine a lot of this will sort of change as people figure out the game and a meta develops.

Iblis on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Talonflame is good stuff, dying is bad stuff. Don't push goals unless you get an opportunity, I guess?

This seems like kind of a cool and novel simple MOBA that no one will be playing in six weeks.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    My very first match, assuming I'm reading the numbers right, I scored something like 300 points. The next highest was 90, and everybody else barely cracked double digits.

...Okay. And I picked Snorlax, and most likely was playing him completely wrong.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Mr Mime's ult - it appears to be 3 pulses of damage, but it also implies it stuns as well. Is it a short mini stun during each pulse? I feel like I've had 'mons walk out of it.

I wish the damage numbers stayed up like 0.25 sec longer.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Shit I need to get into this

I will say though, since Raichu is unlikely to make the roster since Pikachu is there and has no evolutions, I hope Raichu at least makes it as a Pikachu skin.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited July 2021

When you get into a lobby and are picking a pokemon, you can go to 'Battle Prep' where the items are, and a the very bottom you'll see lane choice. When you click that it will tell you where it is recommended for your pokemon to play at. I've found it's mostly Speedsters and gankers that go middle and clear camps for the auras and XP. Attackers go top, and Defenders/Support go bottom.

But honestly you can go wherever you want, it seems all pokemon are well equipped to handle whatever lane you'd like to play in.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Zeraora feels too strong

There's definitely some balance issues, I'll give you that. However that whole team is clumped up and waiting to get ulted. It's like in Dota watching an Earthshaker stroll on in and slam a team of five attacking one hero, you're gonna get the same result.

• Options
    Helpful tip - be sure to investigate the options menu on the main screen, there's a lot more customization there than I was expecting.

For example, you can have "attack player Pokemon" and "attack wild Pokemon" be separate buttons. Helps for team fights in the middle of the map.

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Mr. Mime is a literal god. I just solo held bottom lane against 4 and prevented them all from scoring for over a minute until my team finally rotated and ganked them. Having multiple charges of walls, plus his push interrupt ability is incredible.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    Zeraora feels too strong

There's definitely some balance issues, I'll give you that. However that whole team is clumped up and waiting to get ulted. It's like in Dota watching an Earthshaker stroll on in and slam a team of five attacking one hero, you're gonna get the same result.

sure but unlike ES zero's ult doesn't do extra damage for multiple people, so you can grab an eject button or use bush and then just murder any number of enemies between 1-5.

• Options
    like, there's no major level advantage in this clip

just 3 enemies trying to kill 1 zera who is like welp time to press all the buttons

• Options
    Honestly, that could just be people not hitting A again to resume attacking after a move, it's finicky there.

What really worries me are the permanent stat on goal hold items... if you can get some quick early dunks with someone fast (like Zeraora, actually) and pile on HP and attack for free?

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Fan, a Grand Master player from Heroes of the Storm, tried out Pokemon Unite last night. To say he destroyed people would be an understatement.

https://youtu.be/Yb1O2BaVCiM

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    How's the monetization? I expect there to be some of course, but is it in your face? Will we eventually hit a wall and be forced to pay?

Does it compare to wild rift? That one seems to be a pretty good balance.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    anoffday wrote: »
    How's the monetization? I expect there to be some of course, but is it in your face? Will we eventually hit a wall and be forced to pay?

Does it compare to wild rift? That one seems to be a pretty good balance.

between not at issue (clothing/skins/unlock mons immediately instead of grinding) and a very big problem (upgrading held items) so overall i don't really know yet. you can upgrade items with seemingly earnable in game items or bypass that with cash money and a lvl 1 item vs a lvl 30 item is a huge difference in starting stats for some of them but it's also a couple hundred dollars to skip straight to 30 i assume.

initiatefailure on