As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch] Overwatch 2 is Live!

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    The patch went through so bye bye McCree, hello Soldier. Supports still reign supreme.

I haven't noticed anything with McCree, they did say the change would be subtle since they adjusted the falloff ranges as well. I think Soldier's ult change is pretty minor. His normal 100% distance is quite far, so this only affects his ult at extreme ranges, where generally it's easy to hide from. The main change is that you're more likely to kill someone who's poking their head out at sniper ranges.

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    A skilled McCree is still a skilled McCree, as evidenced by my games last night. I'm kinda' hoping this turns into tuning Torb down a bit, as now it takes most hitscans a long, long time to kill his turret from longer rangers - far longer than it takes the turret (which has no falloff) to kill them once in range of it.

Fingers crossed. We'll see. This whole crossplay thing is still absolute bullshit and needs to be reverted.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    not been playing much ow but logged in for a 25min volskaya that led to me immediately turning the game off however

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHl_xyQz8vI

finally nano rat pays off

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I think this patch was mainly to delineate the hitscans a bit. They'll all still operate in their strong distances but be last part-time sniper-y outside of Widow whose supposed to be that.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I love that Bob skin. The Ashe skin that comes with it is pretty good, too.

• Options
    I'd like to know why Mei is always in the service industry. I'm not well read on the lore - is this how she paid for future college to become a superscientist?

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I'm gonna be so behind on skins when I finally start playing again.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I'm gonna be so behind on skins when I finally start playing again.

I never left - my cup runneth over with event skins and I'm at like 99,320 gold right now - when I hit 100k I'm gonna' buy out the entire event.

Finally had some really good games last night. Had an awesome potg on Junkertown defence, Pulse bombing a team through their Zen's trance like 2 feet before they hit the first point, and then we went on to full hold it.

T'was nice.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I just want nerfs. I want Moira's orb to go back to 8 seconds, Damage Boost to be brought down 5% at least (give her faster self heal then), and 76 to lose 5 rounds or get a two second bump on helix. And make all turrets and Bob do less damage or immediately disappear when their hero is killed.

Dolphin Symmetra is classy though.

• Options
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I just want nerfs. I want Moira's orb to go back to 8 seconds, Damage Boost to be brought down 5% at least (give her faster self heal then), and 76 to lose 5 rounds or get a two second bump on helix. And make all turrets and Bob do less damage or immediately disappear when their hero is killed.

Dolphin Symmetra is classy though.

I'm holding out hope that now that console users make up a larger component of "players who count" to Blizz, maybe, Torb and Sym's over-use at lower SR will promt an adjustment.

Ashe's outfit is fine - I like the details in her hair, I like the hat - but this is a grown woman who's wearing floaties on her arms?

Bob's flamingo floatie hat is completely unproblematic to me, but those arm floaties feel weird to me.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    she like float

y u out here judgin... shes floatin...

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    she like float

y u out here judgin... shes floatin...

Idk why. Ashe (or hanzo or widow) reclining on a big dragon-shaped floatie in a pool fits the characters, for me. Upper-classy. Arm floaties just say "idk how to swim and I'm scared."

If Ashe not knowing how to swim is canon that kind of makes it adorable, tbh. She's flailin' around, gasping for breath and manages a "Bob!!!" and gets bonked in the head with an inflatable flamingo.

Chance on
  • Options
    she didnt learn to swim she was too busy uhhh learning about late 1800s era mining explosives

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    ok that skin is absolutely amazing

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    While not pajamei or penguin-mei, it is still a very good Mei.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I did this to a McCree, who then switched to Sombra. Sometimes you can still Ball into Sombra, but... not this one lol. I had to switch to Wisnton but we won.

https://youtu.be/SRAP-yAH_GU

I'm at 8 and 2 right now, it's workin' out.
    McMoogle wrote: »
    While not pajamei or penguin-mei, it is still a very good Mei.

It's a pretty adorable Mei.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    the new sigma skin is fantastic.

• Options
    The Orisa is pretty meh. Forest Spirit is only threatened by Demon.

• Options
    Pailryder wrote: »

unknown.png?width=635&height=467

62 years old

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

unknown.png?width=635&height=467

62 years old

y2c79okefu7u.jpg

Seventy five.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I follow one particular artist on my socials who is completely over the moon with Sigma (and a bunch of yaoi ships with Sigma) and I knew the moment I saw the skin my feed would be entirely uncontrollable

• Options
    pls spoiler ur images of masculine perfection chance not all of us are secure in our appearances thank u

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    pls spoiler ur images of masculine perfection chance not all of us are secure in our appearances thank u

If I must.
    f2ugafjgcuwa.jpg

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    So Jeff left because he wanted to look less guilty than he definitely is, right? Guess I should have known better than to think a guy in the games industry seemed cool

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    No idea.. But Jeff and Afrasiabi were apparently friends at some point, and both were wow guys. I'm sure we'll know more soon

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    This is what the above comments are referring to.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-labor-report/activision-blizzard-sued-by-california-over-frat-boy-culture

tl;dr
    Blizzard was apparently being managed like a frat and was a hotbed of sexism and harassment, bad enough that it drove at least one woman to suicide.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    i hate to think that people can't change but if Jeff was the same as he was from his EQ days,...frat boy might be a pretty apt description. I hope there's enough details to exonerate the right people and condemn those that deserve it. It's tragic to see this stuff happening, pure and simple.

• Options
    i hate to think that people can't change but if Jeff was the same as he was from his EQ days,...frat boy might be a pretty apt description. I hope there's enough details to exonerate the right people and condemn those that deserve it. It's tragic to see this stuff happening, pure and simple.

I don't know this story ^.^ what's the story of his EQ days?

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    His username was 'Tigole Bitties' and he routinely made longwinded and vitriolic balance complaint threads. He seems to have calmed down a bit as he aged.

E: Here's the most well known one from 2002:
    Fix your goddamn buggy bullshit half-assed encounters.  The amount of time we dedicated to get our keys to see this guy die and take a turn at the Emperor is just sick.  To finally see Blood die only to have the ENTIRE raid DT'd from anywhere in the room was simply an insult.  Blood dies, there are two earrings on the corpse, yet no matter where you are in the room, the Emperor DT's.  So congrats rot on those.  It's cheap enough to make a mob DT in the first place.  But to have his agro radius extend to the entire room is ridiculous.  So let me get this straight -- and this is how you guys envisioned this in San Diego:  You spend months farming keys to get up to the room.  Months farming Shissar Bane weapons (and the recipe is where?).  You kill Blood while dealing with 8 other snakes in the room.  And immediately after that fight you're supposed to engage the DEATHTOUCHING-FROM-ANYWHERE-IN-THE-ROOM Emperor along with the 8 snakes?  Whoever came up with this sheer *fisting* of an encounter can go fuck themselves.  Do me a favor so I don't waste my guild's time on this kind of jackass shit-fest again, send me an email at tigole@legacyofsteel.net when you decide to A) Implement an encounter that wasn't designed by a retarded chimp chained to a cubicle B) Get a Quality Assuarance Department C) Actually beta test the fucking thing and D) Patch it live.  And please for god's sake -- do it in the order I laid out for you.  Don't worry, I won't charge you a consulting fee on that one.  And for good luck you might as well E) Pull your heads out of your asses.  While you're at it rename the game to BetaQuest since you've used up you're alotted false advertising karma on the Bazaar and user interface scam of '01.

Fix the Emperor encounter.  Fix Seru.  Rethink your time-sink bullshit.  Fix all the buggy motherfucking ring encounters (I suggest you let whoever made the Burrower one do this since that dude apparently laid off the crack the rest of you were smoking).  Fix the VT key quest.  Fix VT (just guessing it's fucked up considering your track record).  Don't have the resources to fix this stuff?  Move the ENTIRE Planes of Power team over to fixing Shadows of Luclin AND DO IT NOW.  If you don't fix Luclin, you jackassess will be the only ones playing the Planes of Power.

Yilias on
    Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular

I mean, it's not impossible for people to change, and maybe he was actively trying to change things before his departure.

On the other hand, his departure was rather bizarrely abrupt, and I can't help but wonder if this was a case of Activision-Blizzard trying to get rid of the worst offenders before the lawsuit dropped.

• Options
    that's his most public rant but there were plenty of other comments on the server boards and communities and its been a long time but i'm pretty sure he wasn't a peach in voice chat (i'm trying to remember if they used teamspeak or something else). anyhow, yeah aging does change people in ways but underneath it was a person that clearly had some passion. It can be a two edged sword. It really is just a horrific thing whether he was directly involved or not.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Best case scenario, he looked the other way while women at Blizzard were treated poorly. That's a pretty shitty best case scenario.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I always heard the story Jeff was in one of those hardcore guilds on Everquest that ruined the game with how demanding they were. That South Park WoW episode where the boys are playing in their basement and Cartman calls his mom down when he needs to shit? That was what they did in Jeff's guild, supposedly, and considering they actually worked with Blizzard for that episode, that idea had to have some basis in reality.

Anyway, they didn't fix Lucioball this year, still shitty.

• Options
    I just wrote a bunch of overlage paragraphs about corrupt systems, the tendency to see the potential for positive change as hopeless, and the reality that problems like this, which seem so insurmountably huge, can be addressed and fixed, but 1) you probably already know all that and 2) it's Friday and I finished editing a video last night so I'mma' post that. For all the folks who enjoy Overwatch on consoles, and Tracer, and Edwin Starr.

There are dozens of us! Dozens!

https://youtu.be/Laj671TItAE

This week: Tracer and her egregiously underpowered ult. Next week: Variety show!

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    No there aren't. At most there's like 15, 20 tops.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Yeah, I read that and like wow.

You know for a better part of a decade I've been feeling the entire culture around gaming from fan to corporate is one big poisoned well.