As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fighting Games] 2B for Xmas

1303132333436»

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    I'm really, really enjoying Strive so far. I hadn't really played and enjoyed a fighting game as much... probably since SF3:3S. At least so far the floor ranking system has been great, too. Plenty of well-matched fights, with the occasional person that you know should be one floor up (or is about to go up once they crush you.)

Using mainly Nagoriyuki and I really like his play style.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    I play Giovanna poorly. She is my best character. I am not good at Overdrive inputs.

That said, I'm having a blast mashing buttons and mostly losing but taking a few sets here and there on Floor 4. The things that usually chase me away from a fighting game (waiting to get into matches, lag teleporting, the game being overly reliant on doing intricate endless combos) haven't manifested yet. And that's kinda wonderful.

Fighting games need a game where casuals like me can mash it out with other casuals while beasts and killers eat each other above us. Super low floor, high-ass ceiling. Guilty Gear Strive feels like that game, and the audience showing up for it makes me happy.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Drovek wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »
    I'm considering picking up a fightstick for use with GG Strive but don't have any idea where even to begin. I'm currently using an Xbox360 controller and it's...fine. It's fine. But there were a ton of times playing last night that I'm positive I was dropping inputs I shouldn't have been dropping.

I'm in the same boat of looking for a stick. I'm probably holding off on it at least for a month and if I stick with Strive I'll probably pull the trigger. I'm eyeing the Hori HRAP Hayabusa for Switch (mostly because I play on PC and also happen to own a Switch, and it's slightly cheaper than the PS5/XBox versions.)

Yeah, didn't last that long. :lol:

Ended up with a Mayflash F500 Elite. Already installed the octagonal gate and the feeling is great!

I still need to get used to playing with a stick and start creating some muscle memory for it, but what I like is that I can already do Nagoriyuki's specials on command (I sometimes struggled with the dpad motion in my XB1 controller).

Now I need to work up to the combos I was already doing, but so far RC'ing (on purpose) is much better for me.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    HERE COMES A DAREDEVIL

https://youtu.be/DeTYR57hB44

Goldlewis Dickinson, the Secretary of Absolute Defense and certified Big Lad, is here to hit you with a coffin containing an alien his buddy.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    I absolutely love Goldlewis' design. This is peak Guilty Gear style.

Though I'm surprised that the first DLC isn't a boss character of some kind. I would have though Arksys would have given us a proper boss to fight in the arcade mode at this point.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    It is almost certain we know who the others are now, since they had determined by looking at the files Goldlewis was closest to being done.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I'm super excited to give Goldlewis a go. I pretty much always play super heavyweight characters in fighting games and having more options is great.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    It is almost certain we know who the others are now, since they had determined by looking at the files Goldlewis was closest to being done.

In case anyone hasn't seen the data-mine, the characters who have files but aren't in the game yet are:
    Goldlewis, Happy Chaos, Asuka (That Man), Jack-O, and Jam

Obviously, Goldlewis we are now getting.

Based on previous statements that the DLC #2 will be a returning character that means DLC 2
    is either Jack-O or Jam, and from my understanding Jack-O's model is more complete but Jam has some animations already

They also found files for what will probably be the first DLC stage, which is story spoilers

• Options
    Holy shit do I hate the Invulnerable Move Reversal mission. Took me easily the good part of an hour just to get it and I barely managed it. Every now and then I could string 2/5 but then I would have like 10 fails in a row. The timing is horribly small.
    ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options