As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Digiman

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited July 2021 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Digiman

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    First Gundam, now this. Mike is getting into all the cool shit.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I don't care for Gabe saying he's not wearing pants while literally demonstrating that he's wearing pants.
    Sweatpants are pants, right?

• Options
    NemuriBakuNemuriBaku Registered User regular
    In British slang, pants = underwear and fanny = vulva. 'I do not wear pants, so I fanny pack it' is a real showstopper.

• Options
    TigrerojoTigrerojo Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    Sweatpants are pants, right?

I think the Universal Internet Hivemind has decided long ago that neither sweatpants not cargo pants (the polar extremes of the pant spectrum, as we all know) qualify as Pants™.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    What's funny is that the modern word "pants" (US usage) came from a 16c Italian comedy character named Pantaloon (Pantalone in Italian). He was known for wearing really tight long trousers instead of the knee-breeches that were more fashionable at the time.

bmkbf4bucpsc.png

Thus the most historically authentic pants are yoga pants.

dennis on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    ...So it's a Tamagotchi?

Everything old is new again

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    ...So it's a Tamagotchi?

Digimon is also old. It was from around the same virtual pet fad time. It was different in that it melded Tamagotchi and Pokemon. The pets could have fights. Which is totally on-brand for Gabe.

Considering the fanny pack and the sweatpants, I think they got on a roll of just how many old things they could tie together.

dennis on
  • Options
    palidine40palidine40 Registered User regular
    Got that Saved By the Bell and/or Full House deco on that there fanny pack...

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Aki Maita & co. at Bandai created Tamagotchi in 1996 and Digimon in 1997.

• Options
    BropocalypseBropocalypse Registered User regular
    That 90s-ass fanny pack is ALSO quaint as hell and I love it

• Options
    zero-pointzero-point Registered User new member
    you hope that this a Deep Fake.

• Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    ...So it's a Tamagotchi?

Kinda, has a little bit of a different way of growing the vpet. Digimon requires you to take steps and keeps track of them so they lean more towards a pedometer with gameplay stuff attached to them, where as a tamagotchi doesn't. Otherwise they're kind of the same.

The Vita bracelet is great, but also kind of fails at being amazing. If it was more like a dumb smart watch or even just a smart watch app it'd probably be amazing. Right now it's just kind of an oversized digivice that's wrapped around your arm.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun