As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Finally after like 700+ hours I modded and formad my Mesa p and guns

Oh

Oh I see now

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I could never get into mesa. I tried a bunch of times and it always felt weird needing to stop to use her 4. The game just always feels like it wants you either charging forward or at least running circuits around an area.

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    A guide to mobile Mesa in 4 steps:

1. Bullet Jump high towards your destination.
    2. Mash her 4 while midair
    3. Spin like a top and go BRRRRR
    4. End your 4, land, and repeat.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »

That is exactly how I've always played the frame, the mobility mod for it seems totally useless

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I just bought the Initiate Pack since it's on sale and I gotta say, I like Nidus so far. Is there any tips I oughta keep in mind while playing him? Kinda tempted at the moment to buy his Phryke appearance pack (since I also have a Helminth Charger) but I don't know if it's worth spending most of the Plat the Initiate Pack came with for him yet.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I could never get into mesa. I tried a bunch of times and it always felt weird needing to stop to use her 4. The game just always feels like it wants you either charging forward or at least running circuits around an area.

The Mesa's Waltz augment is very helpful since it lets you move at half speed while her 4 is active. It's not full movement, but it's enough to reposition or walk down a hall mowing everything down.
    But more importantly, you need to play her like you're in a John Woo shootout. Don't just run somewhere and shoot, use bullet jump to dive somewhere and activate 4 in midair. Shoot around you for a bit when you land and then deactivate it to run to the next place you're going to dive from. That's plenty of mobility for what the game asks. If you're stopped using her 4 for for than a few seconds on anything except a lich/sister, acolyte, or a demo unit you may need a better build for her Regulators.
    kralizecc wrote: »
    Nips wrote: »

That is exactly how I've always played the frame, the mobility mod for it seems totally useless

It's situational but can be a big QoL improvement. Sometimes you don't quite land where you want to after your jump and need to reposition a bit. Sometimes you have a hallway full of enemies (e.g. after opening a door) and want to walk down it to get more enemies into range. Demo units in Disruption missions often require repositioning to keep shooting. It's not strictly needed but it can sure be nice.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Owenashi wrote: »
    I just bought the Initiate Pack since it's on sale and I gotta say, I like Nidus so far. Is there any tips I oughta keep in mind while playing him? Kinda tempted at the moment to buy his Phryke appearance pack (since I also have a Helminth Charger) but I don't know if it's worth spending most of the Plat the Initiate Pack came with for him yet.

Same playbook as Inaros, except with way better abilities. To start with, I built mine for survival. Armor, health, Adaptation, Quick Thinking combo. And blendered things for Naramon's affinity buff. Once he was max rank, I traded the QT combo in for power strength and range to cast Ravenous and spam Virulence.

Most public missions that are defensive in nature will see the action taking place far away from the objective. So that's a game of "lock down the hallway" with Virulence. And the rest are practically a race to extraction. So on PS4, anyway, I mostly ran him as a nearly unkillable weapons platform, instead.

Now, I'd probably put a high-crit weapon and Gladiator set on him, minus the Shield one, of course. And in a perfect world, maxed Arcane Grace, which I don't have. Plus, the "minus shield" vault key, since I often forget to equip it when running random missions on the derelicts. Just in case it comes up.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I just did a 20 minute void storm railjack survival, and it looked like the game ate all of my rewards from the mission past the first round? The relics that I spent are definitely gone, but I never saw the rewards from the pop up, I didn't see any of the round rewards pop up, and the game gave me 8 void traces in total. I'm not sure whether it might just be a display glitch.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Finally after like 700+ hours I modded and formad my Mesa p and guns

Oh

Oh I see now

I need to get the galvanized multishot mod for mine (5 forma). At that point, she'll be minimum 650k DPS. I'm... Looking forward.

Edit: And re Mesa's Waltz, I believe it's Exilus-capable, which is lovely, and it most importantly lets you dodge roll while firing. Not so much for the evasion, but for the ground you cover. I was doubtful till I discovered the dodge bit, then it was just a big old QoL bump for me at minimal sacrifice.

dporowski on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    All this Mesa talk reminds me of something: Is assimilate still not an exilus for Nyx? >_>

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    One of the benefits of having the Tennocon Baro stuff in the rearview mirror is, being able to return to some neglected farming. That's off to a real good start, today:
    • Aklex Prime: Building
    • Twin Kohmak: Building
    • Chroma Prime: Building
    • Frost: Components Building
    • Nova: Components Building
    • Valkyr: Components Building

But maaan, is my inbox ever being spammed by Leather Hawkeye. It'd be nice if the game presented us with options to reply, maybe from a list that evolves over time based on how many times he's gotten his assless chaps handed to him. Stuff like "This will end badly for you. I want you to know that." And depending on the extent of the trolling in our response, maybe speed up the interval until his next appearance, for farming purposes. Maybe eventually an option to challenge him to "Bring your acolytes. You will have great need of them."

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Got on this morning and felt pretty lost at first. I still have so much content to clear from all 3 open world areas, plus the new railjack stuff plus these new sisters. And I only got one kuva weapon so I guess I still need to farm those as well. I cannot imagine being a new player and coming into this game with all these systems and resources.

But I did look through my foundry and saw I had a few things only missing one piece. So I have panthera prime, latron prime, zhuge prime, wyrm prime, and Bo prime all cooking. I need to take a look at the current relics to see which primes I can get. I still need Octavia, nezha, inaros, and now gara. I think after that I will look up what I need to do to finish building the 5 or 6 non primes I need.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I'm a bit behind as well. Still haven't done Tempestarii... keep meaning to get back in, but...
    I think the last content I did was the Glassmaker stuff and the Necramechs vs. Orphix.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I'm a bit behind as well. Still haven't done Tempestarii... keep meaning to get back in, but...
    I think the last content I did was the Glassmaker stuff and the Necramechs vs. Orphix.

Yeah I don't even have a mech. I am going to try and finish off all the Cetus content for now. Finish gilding and trashing all the zaws and amps. Then move onto orb.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    So I decided to go all in on the Nidus skin-pack. It looks real nice normally and with enough Mutation going.
    blGdzOeh.png
    uWSyLJ3h.png

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    So I spent a few hours doing slacia to generate a magnetic kuva nukor to try for some galvanized shot shenanigans, but now I'm getting cold feet if I should really valance fusion away my fire one. And for that matter, trying to figure out what to drop to slot it. As it is, I had already dropped hornet strike to fit in my riven (107% damage, 45% Crit damage (the real winner), and a little bit of heat)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    furlion wrote: »
    Got on this morning and felt pretty lost at first. I still have so much content to clear from all 3 open world areas, plus the new railjack stuff plus these new sisters. And I only got one kuva weapon so I guess I still need to farm those as well. I cannot imagine being a new player and coming into this game with all these systems and resources.

But I did look through my foundry and saw I had a few things only missing one piece. So I have panthera prime, latron prime, zhuge prime, wyrm prime, and Bo prime all cooking. I need to take a look at the current relics to see which primes I can get. I still need Octavia, nezha, inaros, and now gara. I think after that I will look up what I need to do to finish building the 5 or 6 non primes I need.

Fortunately, the experience is much more guided for the new player. You even get a shopping list to go unlock the next planet. By the time there are more than a few obvious things to do next, you’re like:

bfl72w6vreq0.jpeg

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Wait'll they get to character creation. ;)

• Options
    god I hate the debt bond drop rate so much

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Cetus and the PoE being available so early is kind of a bad idea. There's nothing really there for brand-new players, but the game doesn't give any indication of that, and once they've entered they're stuck wandering around doing nothing other that being occasionally killed by overpowered enemies. Or if it's at night, by unkillable enemies.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular

Medical ones in particular are the worst, and not worth trying to farm from bounties. Much better to just give it time and buy those from Ticker. The others suck, but are at least vaguely reasonable to acquire as drops.

• Options
    Ranlin wrote: »

Medical ones in particular are the worst, and not worth trying to farm from bounties. Much better to just give it time and buy those from Ticker. The others suck, but are at least vaguely reasonable to acquire as drops.

Ticker has been extremely stingy these last few days

• Options

The Toroid drop rate specifically destroyed any interest in levelling w/e that rep is with Little Duck. Fuck it, nah.

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »

The Toroid drop rate specifically destroyed any interest in levelling w/e that rep is with Little Duck. Fuck it, nah.

Toroids can be pretty annoying, but if you're trying to grind for rep it's better to just farm the spiders. Then you can save the annoying toroids for actually making stuff.

• Options

For VS you’re meant to do the heists, and the little toroids are incidental. It’s just like the quills

The Deimos rep grind is much MUCH more friendly than the others

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Yeah, but you need to turn in toroids to rank up. :P After I spent 3 days trying to get two (2) of one particular toroid for the rankup sacrifice, and got nothing, I decided I didn't want a new amp that badly.

dporowski on
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    So. Just got the Tenet Diplos (dual autopistols):
    +High rate of fire, high damage output and large magazines.
    +Has good ammo efficiency despite that.
    +Extremely high crit chance and above average crit multiplier
    +Innate punch through. Not much, but enough.
    +Lock on fire makes you effective at both short and mid range.

-Lock on can be wonky at times.
    -Spending way too much time trying to come up with a good "Ambassador Vay Hek"+"Diplos Immunity" pun.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Yeah, but you need to turn in toroids to rank up. :P After I spent 3 days trying to get two (2) of one particular toroid for the rankup sacrifice, and got nothing, I decided I didn't want a new amp that badly.

If you're after specific types of lesser toroids, the location you're fighting does matter, which is easy to forget/overlook.

• Options

If you're after specific types of lesser toroids, the location you're fighting does matter, which is easy to forget/overlook.

If orb vallis doesn't take ages to load (like it does for me) then cave spelunking is also a valid way of chasing toroids.
    While the north of the map has the sites fairly spread out the south of the map have them more densely located and it's easier to memorize which ones where you have the potential to find toroids (asta crater 4 fan, Space Port 4 fan, Orokin Dig site triangle)

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options

IIRC it was the "2% drop off mites" one. Also found in stage 1 of Profit Taker, but after the 4th run through of that phase getting only (the wrong) torids from drops... Nah. I can't overstate how much I hate single-digit drop rates on things found on mobs you can't kill en masse.

• Options
    ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular

For VS you’re meant to do the heists, and the little toroids are incidental. It’s just like the quills

The Deimos rep grind is much MUCH more friendly than the others

Yeah, I decided that since the main reason to get a better amp is to get better at capturing Ents, so you can get an even better amp to get even better at capturing Ents, I really didn't need another faction besides Quills to level for it. By the time I unlock all the waybounds, my void webslinger should be OP, anyway, without whatever parts the duckling sells. Besides, she "doesn't talk to machines." But, oh, here's a laundry list of stuff for them to do to save the Vox.

Agreed, Entrati and Loid are way more chill and entertaining to level up. And I say that as someone who, initially, wasn't feeling the Deimos setting.

Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

IIRC it was the "2% drop off mites" one. Also found in stage 1 of Profit Taker, but after the 4th run through of that phase getting only (the wrong) torids from drops... Nah. I can't overstate how much I hate single-digit drop rates on things found on mobs you can't kill en masse.

You want the crisma toroids from exploiter orb to turn in for rep

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    I got lucky with Toroid farming by having a group from the PC Clan come together and spending around two hours doing nothing but farming in the depths of one of the facilities at full alert level. I think I got all the Toroids I needed for rank turn ins, and used the Exploiter drops to increase rep.

• Options
    All my rep came from Profit Taker's toroids.

My rank up ones were all pretty fast with nekros whenever I got a login/sortie reward for a resource booster.

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    The most efficient and easiest toroids I've farmed were deep in the bellies of the various fortresses at max alert, with avara stealth farming. I used the operator to crank up the alert levels and was never in any danger.

Well, danger of being bored. The only excitement was trying to beat previous records of how many toroids showing pickup on screen at once, I think it was 16.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Have they said anything about how the "cross progress" will work?

I put a somewhat embarrassing amount of money into Warframe on PS4 (bought Mag Prime for instance) and I want to play on PC. But also I know that platform holders want their cut and have absolutely no incentive to let my purchases carry over, so I'm not holding my breath.

• Options
    Isn't that precisely what cross progression is supposed to be?

The only thing that won't happen is if you have a console and a PC (or multiple console, whatever) accounts you cannot combine progress on them into one, even if it's the same login (if that's a thing? I've only played PC.)

You should have no problem playing your current PS4 account on PC with it's current progress whenever they actually release it.

• Options
    Cursed Warframe Facts:
    Limbos helminth power is Banish. Sure, it couldn't be any other option, but this allows you to banish enemies and/or fellow warframes to the limbo dimension. They will not only never suspect it, they won't even know who did it.

• Options
    ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    Cursed Warframe Facts:
    Limbos helminth power is Banish. Sure, it couldn't be any other option, but this allows you to banish enemies and/or fellow warframes to the limbo dimension. They will not only never suspect it, they won't even know who did it.

Warframe is now Among Us. All frames are sus.

Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Had a brainwave that if I give Eclipse to Excalibur Umbra, he would use it and, with Total Eclipse, the damage buff might apply to my spoiler mode.

It didn't, and now I am sad.

I wish there was more progression on these amps, but I guess we're still waiting for Duviri for anything like that.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
This discussion has been closed.