As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Genshin Impact] 2.1 Releases 9/1.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    So there's been more leaks, including all the details of the abilities for Aloy, Kokomi, Sara, and the Raiden Shogun, as well as some weapons. It's already up on Honey Impact. As always, take leaks with grain of salt... but they have a history of being extremely accurate. There will likely be some numbers tweaks here and there, or maybe someone's ascension stat will change, but the general effects of the abilities are almost certainly going to be accurate. Of course, these characters are all several months, at least, away from release. Going to put very brief descriptions of what the characters do in spoilers.
    Aloy- 5* (freebie) Cryo Bow. Her E skill throws a bomb that drops more little bombs (kinda sounds like a mini-Klee to me). When any of those bombs hit, she gets a coil stack that gives her normal attacks a damage buff, and getting four of those causes her normal attacks to get cryo-infused for 10 seconds. Her burst is just a big single explosion. Seems like she's being designed around normal attacks, which is good so that she doesn't compete with other characters directly. How annoying it is to get those coil stacks is going to depend on how easy it is to get multiple of those bombs to hit; might be a problem in single-target scenarios. Interestingly, she doesn't seem to have any constellations at all. Yet?

Sara- 4* Electro Bow. Oof. Her E skill moves her away and causes her next charged attack to drop a thing that will do an attack shortly after. When that hits, it grants a substantial attack buff to your currently active character based on Sara's (base?) attack. Her burst is an electro AOE that has four more electro AOEs after a delay that confer the same attack buff as her E skill. She also has a passive that restores energy to the party based on her own energy recharge when her E skill thing hits, and her first constellation cuts her aimed charge time by 60% after using her E skill. Certainly very interesting. Given the cooldown of her E skill is the same as the buff duration, she can keep that substantial attack buff up on someone indefinitely.

Kokomi- 5* Hydro Catalyst. Her E skill causes hydro damage and heals the active party member occasionally, both based on her max HP, and makes her wet. Her burst does damage based on her max HP and buffs her for a period, both increasing the damage of her attacks and healing the party based on her max HP. Basically super-Barbara, although super enough that her damage output might actually be solid. Although... she has a passive that increases her healing bonus at the cost of 100% of her crit, so I guess the only thing you can do is build her with as much HP as possible and pretty much nothing else. I'm very interested in the tick rate, AOE, and hydro application of her E skill though.

Raiden Shogun- 5* Electro Polearm. She passively gains stacks of something when your party picks up energy particles or uses a burst, based on the burst's energy cost (the burst part may only be while her own burst is active, unclear). Her E skill is an electro attack that grants a buff to nearby people that causes extra AOE attacks when you do do normal attacks. The duration is very long relative to the cooldown so you can keep that up forever easily. Her burst consumes the stacks of her passive ability to do an electro AOE, and completely changes her normal and charged attacks for a duration. They are electro-infused, do increased damage, and also regenerate energy to your party. She also gets bonus electro damage and the energy regeneration of her burst goes up based on how much energy recharge she has over 100%.

I really gotta do some thinking, since I'm close to hitting soft pity for Ayaka and my last 5* was Qiqi. I do want Ayaka, but maybe guaranteeing one of the others would be better? It's not like I'm desperate for new characters right now, got plenty to work on as it is. I don't exactly have a demand for another electro character, but I certainly don't for cryo either.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    I could possibly get Ayaka if I wanted to but I'm aiming for Raiden now. Ayaka is pretty and all but doesn't really bring anything especially special to any team. Also I happen to have a lvl 1 Skyward Spine gathering dust so it would be nice to get a user for it.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Huh. Baal sounds really interesting, I'll be interested to see how she plays. Kokomi could be fun too, though I don't know how you think you're gonna take Mona's place in the hydro catalyst competition.

If they're releasing another healing focused character, I wonder if mihoyo might look at rebalancing combat to require at least a little thought towards healers.

Edit: also surprised no Yae Miko in 2.1.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Mirkel wrote: »
    I could possibly get Ayaka if I wanted to but I'm aiming for Raiden now. Ayaka is pretty and all but doesn't really bring anything especially special to any team. Also I happen to have a lvl 1 Skyward Spine gathering dust so it would be nice to get a user for it.

Sorry, she's a spear user.

Bennett would love that skyward spine, though.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Sorry, she's a spear user.

Bennett would love that skyward spine, though.

Skyward Spine is a spear. Skyward Blade is a sword. I happen to have both, actually.

Mirkel on
  • Options
    Bah yes, that's what I meant I made no mistakes what are you talking about?

Yeah, she might really like that spear.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Hmm. I'm up to Ning c2 now from the banner, but I think I'm gonna stop and hold my pity count for Raiden. Ayaka would be really helpful, but...

Edit: Also, I actually had two of the new weapon blueprints, except one of them isn't a blueprint as an item so I didn't know it.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    For what it's worth, the first part of the event takes like 30m to 100% clear as long as you have the teleports open. I agree on the exploration rushing though - I'd have preferred this event have kept to the first island for now.
    I hit the 2nd island like literally only an hour ago and that's with mostly beelining the story in the time I had to play. And then the event promptly jumped over even further out for the next step, so I'm a little grumpy.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    For what it's worth, the first part of the event takes like 30m to 100% clear as long as you have the teleports open. I agree on the exploration rushing though - I'd have preferred this event have kept to the first island for now.
    I hit the 2nd island like literally only an hour ago and that's with mostly beelining the story in the time I had to play. And then the event promptly jumped over even further out for the next step, so I'm a little grumpy.

The event will not care if you wait, as long as you get them done before it expires. You can blitz [hah pun] the entire thing ion the last day and still get everything.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Woo my genshin pull luck has improved. Tried all the banner characters and only really had fun with Yanfei. Pulled her almost immediately. Her animations are great and dropping anvils on dudes just feels great. Really enjoy her moveset.

Also I bought the blessing of Welkin so this is officially the first time I've spent money on a free to play game. It's also the most I've played a ftp game so I guess they deserve my 8 bucks.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    XantusXantus Registered User regular
    Ayaka is pretty and all but doesn't really bring anything especially special to any team.

but she is Lady Jesus! ;D

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/oqabtl/ayaka_is_just_better_kaeya/

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Ayaka is very strong. She has very strong multipliers on her kit. Her burst snapshots. If you have Venti the two bursts combined are an auto delete button. Her entire kit can hit enemies held in his burst.

In normal combat she permafreezes everything combined with Xinqiu.

Shes a super solid sustained high damage dealer that can also be used as a powerful burst support.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Xantus wrote: »
    Ayaka is pretty and all but doesn't really bring anything especially special to any team.

but she is Lady Jesus! ;D

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/oqabtl/ayaka_is_just_better_kaeya/

Kaeya is f2p Ayaka.

• Options
    The only reason I'm considering passing on Ayaka is obviously because I have Ganyu. Even ignoring Ganyu's aimed shots, her burst is completely busted with Venti and Mona, so much that I can't even imagine Ayaka being able to compete. If I used Ayaka, it'd be in a second abyss team without Venti, or maybe in battles against one or two enemies.

Ayaka would be damn near ideal for overworld content, though.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Still remember loads of people going "Cryo Amber? Pfft, skip" with Ganyu

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Ayaka is very strong. She has very strong multipliers on her kit. Her burst snapshots. If you have Venti the two bursts combined are an auto delete button. Her entire kit can hit enemies held in his burst.

In normal combat she permafreezes everything combined with Xinqiu.

Shes a super solid sustained high damage dealer that can also be used as a powerful burst support.

Yes but no boob sword. Gonna wait for Raiden. Speaking of which, the usual place /r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/ had the next patch banners leaked:
    v4gpm0pwamp2.png

Anyways, I did try to get Ayaka with like 100 wishes but got Diluc instead so it's not like I didn't try. Gacha gods decided otherwise and now I'm not going to waste my guaranteed 5* on her any more.

Mirkel on
  • Options
    The Boob Sword.

easily the most ridiculous moment in Genshin.
    i have SO many questions.

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Questions like "does it hurt to do that?" or questions like "can I watch you sheathe it?"

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Questions like "does it hurt to do that?" or questions like "can I watch you sheathe it?"

You should know by now nobody(*) sheathes their weapons, they just toss them aside and they vanish back to Hammerspace.

*(except those samurai enemies, but they don't count)

Mirkel on
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »

I mean the islands are not blocked off, I just ignored the quests and opened up everything, and then went back to the quests once the teleports were open

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    The Boob Sword.

It's an old anime thing about summoning some sort of weapon from your spiritual core.

There's a character in Darker than Black s2 who pulls a PTRD-41 anti-tank rifle out the same way. Plenty more examples where that comes from.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I kind of don't understand why she uses a polearm though, since zhongli already is there and also in the cinematic she pulls out a sword. It seems....strange

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    The Boob Sword.

It's an old anime thing about summoning some sort of weapon from your spiritual core.

There's a character in Darker than Black s2 who pulls a PTRD-41 anti-tank rifle out the same way. Plenty more examples where that comes from.

And in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    it's probably because there's already two lightning sword characters now with keqing and electro traveler. I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to even out the weapon/element balance... swords have the most characters atm.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    cursedking wrote: »
    I kind of don't understand why she uses a polearm though, since zhongli already is there and also in the cinematic she pulls out a sword. It seems....strange

The lore of the ability implies pulling out the sword is a ridiculously powerful special attack. It wouldnt be anywhere near as special if she just used a sword anyway cos its like oh its just another sword.

Also polearms are a very traditional japanese weapon so she's using the two most popular weapons.

It's also just more interesting.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Omg we have a fairly levelled elemental mastery lisa that we upped just for killing oceonid. Didn't go crazy or anything but she's fully capable of doing 5k electro charged per tick.
    The third island where it's always raining? Lisa is a long range 5k sniper every few seconds and all I have to do is mash and stay away from them.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    it's probably because there's already two lightning sword characters now with keqing and electro traveler. I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to even out the weapon/element balance... swords have the most characters atm.

You saw they're doing another hydro catalyst, right? :wink:

• Options
    Hydro/Spear is the cursed combination that will never happen.

• Options

Given how many pyros and cryos there are I don't think they give a damn about weapon/element balance. And if the banner leaks are right, there's 6 new women in a row so they don't really care to balance that either.

• Options
    edited July 2021

Given how many pyros and cryos there are I don't think they give a damn about weapon/element balance. And if the banner leaks are right, there's 6 new women in a row so they don't really care to balance that either.

I'm angry Gorou isn't in 2.1, and no sign of Thoma at all. I need my pyro Childe.

Shadowfire on
  • Options

i'm very aware!
    i actually really want kokomi ;D
    or mona..
    I just want to enable super yanfei vaporizes without having to use barbara >.>

• Options

i'm very aware!
    or mona..

Xingqiu?

• Options

i'm very aware!
    or mona..

Xingqiu?

My wife complains about Ganyu being cheat mode on Dvalin every week, but I watched a Yanfei/Xingqiu super crew melt him in five seconds from the ground. They're a happy team.

• Options
    Finally got around to building up a Whiteblind for Noelle. It's hard to say how much of an upgrade it is over the Serpent Spine since I lost some crit rate even after rejigging my artifacts, but boy. There's something special about seeing a normal attack crit for over 20k. I could get used to this. With her burst and the weapon's buffs up, she's breaking 5k attack now.

• Options
    Crit hits for 20k and unkillable is a pretty awesome place to be, nice!

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Xingqiu works with everyone but is particularly devastating with Yanfei. His burst syncs up perfectly with her three hit combo-charge attack so the charge attack is the attack that vaporises. You can just set off his burst and spam that rotation on Yanfei over and over and almost every charge will vaporise.

It's ridiculous.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Did Inazuma bounties for the first time, much better now that they removed the three pointless tracked "clues". They have much more interesting additional powers now too, not that my Zhongli + Xiao + co. team had much trouble but earlier on before I assembled a team of 5*s I might've.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    One thing that's slightly annoying - especially now that you can choose your prefered region for dailies - is that you very rarely fight Inazuma enemies in those dailies. It's a lot of the usual 'destroy hilichurl towers', and so on.

Give us that extra chance to get some local mats from the drops instead! Support the handguard samurai genocide.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Watching Tenten's full analysis of Ayaka, for the whole video I was getting the impression of "She's really good, but not as busted as Ganyu and wants to be paired with the same characters, so maybe redundant for me since I have Ganyu already". And then he basically closed the video with "Replacing Diona with Ayaka in the Ganyu team and getting big damage out of both of them is possibly the strongest team in the game".

I don't think that changes my plan to pass on her, but I love watching videos like this because they often cover team compositions that I never considered. The same thing happened with Rosaria, where I thought she might be redundant with Kaeya until I saw teams that used both of them.

• Options
    Ayaka is also a lot of fun to play.

Like I acknowledge Ganyus strength but shes as boring as a bag of rocks to me.