As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pokemon Unite] Pokemon MOBA on Switch & Mobile / Switch live now!

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    So uh, I have like 1 switch friend. Who wants to be friends?

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    i love cramorant

broken image link
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Is there some way to see if a move is using atk or s.atk?

I feel like I shouldn’t give Cramorant both a float stone and shell bell, but I don’t know what its attacks are.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    akjak wrote: »

I feel like I shouldn’t give Cramorant both a float stone and shell bell, but I don’t know what its attacks are.

in-game, no, not really. people have done a bunch of testing already to figure out who has what, so you can look it up

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Useful tip: Go to options and you can turn on a UI for where you're at on boosted attacks.

Edit: Slobro's Telekinesis is a pull too if you hit the button again. Read your move descriptions carefully! I just had a ranked game and I clowned all over the enemy team with him. Poor guys. (It may help that I have a lot of level 10 items now)

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    So anyway, now that this game FINALLY exists (seriously... Pokemon MOBA has been so obviously low hanging fruit since MOBAs existed.)...

More clothes, more skins, let my pokemon get shiny if they win x battles, MORE POKEMON

tcimum1tek1a.gif

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Make the main menu more readable and traversable first.
    Like why is a second set of menus stuck behind X

• IblisIblis Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »

Cramorant is Special Attack based entirely, outside of it's non-boosted basic attacks.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
    discrider wrote: »
    Make the main menu more readable and traversable first.
    Like why is a second set of menus stuck behind X

Also that menu is horribly slow. Also pokemon selection is kind of awful.

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Gengar just kind of..... infinitely rests Hex off of Sludge Bomb.

It's super broken because the enemy pokemon may not even be able to target you because of the blinks

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Absol has delighted me.

What is this I don't even.
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    Gengar just kind of..... infinitely rests Hex off of Sludge Bomb.

It's super broken because the enemy pokemon may not even be able to target you because of the blinks

That is what apparently kept blowing me the fuck up in that match that I posted about yesterday. I went from never seeing Gengar to seeing him on both teams in the small number of matches I had tonight, so I assume the secret is out.

Power-Up Punch can just fucking delete people when charged. Plus you immediately turn around and CC them after it with an auto (it charges it), then you use your other move to reset it... then you do it again, CC them again... and honestly they were probably dead halfway through the combo. I kind of feel bad when I blast out of a bush and dunk 60-70% of someone's health in an instant.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    imo a big thing i'm noticing about the big zapdos swings is that a lot of people get to the point where they push a lane up to the enemy central goal and then just...kind of hang around, walking in circles, hoping to just have more points magically appear in their pocket

if you don't have anything to dunk you're just wasting time dicking around over there, and the enemy team can just use the superjump to jump over you without you noticing, kill zapdos, and then get a bunch of X2 point dunks

liEt3nH.png
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    Oof. I’m assuming it does this based on how
    many people report you or; I don’t know. But I lost internet during one normal game; came back and I had 4 penalty notice notifications for a total of 40 points each and dropped from 100 to 60 :o

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    So far my experience is like

Me solo: every game is a roll and i feel bad steamrolling little kids.
    Me grouping with friends: I get a taste of my own medicine and i don't like it.

edited July 2021
    ...Lucario feels like cheating. So very much. Extremespeed. Dash AoE. Resets on hit. Limit 1 reset per target... but if they're grouped up? I'm going to dash 3-4 times and delete so much HP. And of course I'm moving to all sides, so I'll dodge attacks just because of that. And then I Close Combat after it to unload even more AoE.

And of course, this is if I'm not using Power-Up Punch as an assassination button instead. It's just dumb, Lucario's moves are all great, his boosted attack has a stun, and his passive makes him tougher at low HP or something, I dunno.

Some of this is probably that he's not on free and is 10k coins, so he doesn't show up much. But he can have two dash moves and one of them resets the other (and theoretically, I think Bone Rush can cause double Power Up Punch resets with the right timing), one of them resets itself, and one of them cools down faster by hitting anything (and it's per hit, and the other button attacks are both multi-hit...).

Running with Scope Lens, Muscle Band, and Float Stone on him all at 10 atm... actually part of this is probably nobody having bonus HP/defense on items, at least not enough that I can't snowball off easy early kills.

Polaritie on
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonUnite/comments/oqnp34/this_is_why_i_play_wigglytuff/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Hahaha. I've been thinking of grabbing Wigglytuff because I tend to lean support anyway, so this is tempting me. Still probably wait a bit and see what's on rotation next week.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    oh wow i misread the "when you score a goal get x" items.

i thought they were temp boosts not stats that stack to the end of the match

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I play Wiggly with the heal on specials leftovers and spiked helm and I don't use rollout often but it's nice to give people whitney ptsd. Rollout double slap is deadly.

edited July 2021
    Yeah, I'm not sure how fast they add up, but they're the snowball items. Without base stat numbers it's hard to compare them.... oh huh, Serebii now has some of that.

So Lucario's attack stat ranges from 165 to 440 with level. Attack weight is 6/9/12 per goal. It basically wants you to score lots of little goals, which is tricky sometimes. It's probably really dumb on the quick battle map with neutral goals. But at rank 20, you need around 1.5 goals to get an extra level's worth of attack. So that can get out of hand.

They don't have Sp. Atk scaling up yet, but the base level for Ninetails is only 50. The specs add 18 per level at 20. So uh... no idea how that scales but...

Also, flat stat bonuses on the items are going to only really have an impact in the early game it looks like.

Polaritie on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I need friends!
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Useful tip: Go to options and you can turn on a UI for where you're at on boosted attacks.

Edit: Slobro's Telekinesis is a pull too if you hit the button again. Read your move descriptions carefully! I just had a ranked game and I clowned all over the enemy team with him. Poor guys. (It may help that I have a lot of level 10 items now)

boosted attack gauge?

I have no idea what I'm doing so this thread is helpful but is there a wiki up yet?

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    you can also separate the attack wild mon and attack enemy mons buttons now i just have to remember to use it

• DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    I've only been Rollin with Charizard but man is he strong and this game is actually fun

• DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Oh my God I change my mind, Crustle is amazing

Crustle is the most "call an ambulance but not for me" energy

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I can't decide if I like this or not. It still rubs the terrible MOBA salt in the rage wounds, when for example people call lanes and then the one guy who didn't call does stupid shit and bullies into the lane he wants.

At the same time it's also so simple and feels pretty unbalanced. Can't decide if it rates worth playing in that capacity.

But it's fun, quick, and I don't have to go watch youtube videos to figure out current meta strats, which it definitely has going for it.

What is this I don't even.
    I must like it, cuz I started yesterday afternoon and I’m level 12 and Great 2 in ranking.

I also bought the Snorlax hoodie outfit so…

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    It's just like

good or bad, this shit is over in 10 minutes, and that's nice

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I played Crustle once and felt fucking useless, just did not jive with me at all

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    First ranked Match.
    Venusaur, MVP, 80 points to enemy teams like 50 AVG, kill Zapdos, leading all the way, lose somehow.

No idea where they got the points to destroy like 3 gates in the last minute.

discrider on
    edited July 2021
    It's just like

The most important part. Most MOBAs the games take forever to lose.

Polaritie on
    you can also separate the attack wild mon and attack enemy mons buttons now i just have to remember to use it

oh that's nice... in the options?

It's just like

this is how I feel. it's impossible to care THAT much too and I hope it stays that way... it just feels so fast and loose, but it's fun and cute and button mashy so it's satisfying enough.

I hate mobas generally but this one I guess takes itself as unseriously as I feel towards the genre (not to say it isn't good or competitive in any way, just for me I could never approach it seriously beacuse I didn't have 4 people doing the same with me and I'm not bashing my head against a random group wall when there's that much info to learn). it just feels perfect for me.

been mostly playing fighting games lately, dropped into project diablo 2 here and there as a relaxing alternative but their new season just started and unite won me away. it's also pretty shiny so watching streams, even tho what I saw was someone losing dramatically because his team messed up lol, really made me wanna grab it. free, also, of course.

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Just downloaded this and played one game + the tutorials

Why the hell can the AI play as Squirtle in the tutorials, but as far as I can tell I can't?

This is some bullshit I tell you what.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Also, I'm playing as Eldegoss and they seem real good?

Like I just stick behind somebody else and unless the other team deathballs into us I can just keep us alive forever it feels like.

Just constant shields and heals going out every couple of seconds.

edit: It's very possible I'm just playing against bad people since I just started, but also I would put money down on being bad myself.

H0b0man on
    FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    Just downloaded this and played one game + the tutorials

Why the hell can the AI play as Squirtle in the tutorials, but as far as I can tell I can't?

This is some bullshit I tell you what.

i hear Squirtle is the next pokemon to be added.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I've been doing Pikachu as much as possible, but when that isn't because my team is like 3 Attackers, I've been going Slowbro and having a lot of luck

I don't think Slowbro even has a bad build, necessarily. Scald is a surprising amount of poke damage, Surf is great disruption, Amnesia makes you tankier while also boosting damage, and Telekinesis can snatch someone out of a fight for like 3 seconds and it isn't even an ult that is crazy.

• KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Random thought of no consequence: one of the things that struck me as "off" was the Aipoms and the Lillipup fleeing for their lives in the opening cinematic. Now, that is more or less what they do in the actual game, but it's an odd tone for a Pokemon game-- the collective headcanon that players have developed notwithstanding, the games have fairly consistently presented wild Pokemon as tending to attack from the wild grass, or at least otherwise being willing participants in whatever battles may occur. Seeing the "farm" Pokemon being gleefully hunted down by the trainers' Pokemon was kind of disturbing.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.