As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    HexDex wrote: »
    So the question becomes, how do most people plan to get their Ethereals?

https://maxroll.gg/resources/s24-theme-ethereals

Just level up a class and farm till you get them 6 times?

Or speed cheese method?

I was thinking speed 90s. They might be 10% of the item pool at low level, but I feel like you probably get 10x the items from a GR, or even a t16.

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hrm. If someone wants to jump through the hoops for the “snapshot” method that article talks about I might give it a whirl for the transmogs, but we’ll see how it all shakes out.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    You can't keep Ethereals after the season ends, right? Kills the entire concept for me.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    You can't keep Ethereals after the season ends, right? Kills the entire concept for me.

You at least keep the appearances for transmog if you find ALL of them during the season.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Wait what?

They disappear after the season?

• Options
    Yep.: "...the Ethereals introduced to Diablo III will only be obtainable and usable for the duration of Season 24.".

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    So they aren’t even returning in the next season? Like they just will no longer exist in game after this season (except as previously existing transmogs with a real smoky glow added)

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    They are basically a season effect in item form, I don't see how or why you should be able to keep them

and also, when S24 ends, D2R comes out (I suspect), so you can get the realest ethereals!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Because it would be fun? The reason for everything.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Man, last season I got the stupid "haha you died" wand on Wizard with my CR bag.

This season I get Shenlongs fist. :rotate:

D3 is a trolling mofo. Guess I'll wait till monday to play on PC. Lets see what Switch gives me.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Leveling my Crusader and since I was capped on Blood Shards already with the weekly, I decided to gamble on gloves for stuff that I can cube.

It gave me a pair of identical Necro gloves, so yeah, D3 is great at trolling.

• Options
    Crystal fists on switch. If I were doing HC, that'd be great!

It's fine. I've got family stuff and OMD3 to play this weekend anyway. :lol:

What are folks experiences with the Etherial drops anyway? Common enough or pretty rare? I don't really want to level without a decent cube buff, but I suppose even a low level etherial could potentially provide enough of a buff to lessen the need there.

• Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Crystal fists on switch. If I were doing HC, that'd be great!

It's fine. I've got family stuff and OMD3 to play this weekend anyway. :lol:

What are folks experiences with the Etherial drops anyway? Common enough or pretty rare? I don't really want to level without a decent cube buff, but I suppose even a low level etherial could potentially provide enough of a buff to lessen the need there.

I got an ethereal on my monk around lvl 30 (pure self found solo, no help) and it basically cut my leveling time by at least half.

They’re crazy strong.

• Options
    Is anyone else having absolutely terrible luck with ethereals? I found 3 before p100 and have gone about 8 hours and ~500 paragon since then without any.

• Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    I found 2 before I hit 30 on my Crusader (switch). I didn't find any until I was almost P200 on my Barbarian (PC).

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    Is anyone else having absolutely terrible luck with ethereals? I found 3 before p100 and have gone about 8 hours and ~500 paragon since then without any.

0 so far through getting power leveled by @HexDex . Zero got 2.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I've found one so far, im around paragon 200?

• Options
    edited July 2021
    D3: Did you know that there is a Crusader build that focuses around an energy beam from the sky?

Me: No?

D3: Anyway, here’s a shield that reduces its cooldown and a flail that increases the damage and increase the number of beams

Ion cannon charging

Nobody on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Every Blizzard game needs to have energy beams from the sky. Even Balance Druids in WoW were given Artanis's heroic ability from HotS.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Started Necro last night and found an Ethereal at level 10. The next 20 levels were leisurely strolling around the map while my skeletons one-shot everything the moment they got into draw distance.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I found two almost immediately while getting PLed, but none since (~250 paragon)

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    I'm almost level 70 now on my Crusader (I didn't PL, wanted to "learn as I went" so to speak) and I haven't seen any yet.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Crusaders make me so happy. They make me wonder if the d2 Pally is good, actually (assassin4lyfe).

They also make me want a D4 Warrior with one of their skill trees being Holy and another being more just straight melee, so you can go either way.

Sadly I'm not convinced the Warrior will be in it but we'll see. I think the Druid being a core class is super interesting and likely a lore thing (the first druid was like the brother of the first Necro iirc) but we'll see.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    The funny part was that I was aiming at doing the bombardment build once I got her leveled up, but now I’m considering going full ion cannon build instead

Interestingly enough, both builds appear to be ranked very highly.

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    I started a monk this season and had all 3 ethereals by level 26. Unfortunately there have been no high item level ones though, despite being paragon level 140 now.

I have never done Ulianas before. Lucked into the key legendaries early, and even cubed a Flow of Eternity first try. It's the strongest I've ever been! (Which is not that strong, but still). I am in torment 10, and it's just apply blue hands of Doom, seven sided strike, stuff explodes angrily. CD for seven sided strike is so low it's like seconds.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I finally got an Ethereal... Rapid Fire. Oh D3 never change.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Ulianas is one of the more viscerally satisfying sets, at least imo

I am enjoying innas though; the little water waves from the ally feel so low res and out of place that it’s funny to watch them murser everything

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Got a Chantodo's resolve from Kadala early on, on Xbonx, so I'm aiming my Wiz for a full-on Archonator build via the Vyr's arcana in the Haedrigs gifts. Haven't done one of those in like a year, but I love that playstyle.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    got my first ethereal - Gimmershred

at least I'm a Barb?

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I jumped on this at the end of the weekend to give a shot. The Grandfather is just OP. At least to mid game. I had one drop leveling and one at 70. I have also had two of the throwing axe looking ones drop. Grandfather is nuts though. While I farm out wastes I am doing a WW/Rend build with the welfare set and made an easy treck up to 50s GR at under 100 paragon ish and no real leveled jewels outside of the the first one to 25 as I got up there. I could probably make a run at 70 already with a non standard build once I get some of the last pieces as I was trying to get last night. Got the Channelling shoulder late last night and the bracer for WW/Rend build. Had ambos from a leveling drop. All this without defensive layers outside of Cry, life on hit in paragon and iron skin.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Sure.

It would also probably throw item balance out the window if it became permanent. Those items are bonkers

the transmogs are really...not worth farming for imo. they look like a basic weapon with a bit of glow to it. The D2R preorder Barb transmog looks pretty cool though (probably the first reasonably sized shoulder items Blizzard made in 20 years)

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    (probably the first reasonably sized shoulder items Blizzard made in 20 years)
    If your pauldrons can't pick up satellite TV, what's the point?

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

I need my pauldrons to be large enough to store a full smoked ham on each shoulder.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »

I need my pauldrons to be large enough to store a full smoked ham on each shoulder.

And/or turducken for Tauren or Draenai sizes.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

And/or turducken for Tauren or Draenai sizes.

Tauren pauldron's have room for a gnome chef on one shoulder and a travel sized kitchenette on the other.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular

store? My pauldrons are a pair of smoked hams. They give me +25% damage from HAMmers.

• Options
    I got three more eth’s in a handful of GRs, /shrug.

The 6th was the last of the wiz set, so either Doc or necro next. After that, hopefully I’ll have enough decently rolled ancients that I can just stat-flip and move them over to the dex & str classes.

• Options
    KalTorak wrote: »
    got my first ethereal - Gimmershred

at least I'm a Barb?

so because Gimmershred includes the Ambo's Pride legendary power, I decided to make a WW/Rend build with it, and this just feels like cheating.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    So I've read the skill description a dozen times, and I'm not seeing anything that would explain it; but my Mystic Ally Water Ally's active ability lasts the full 30 seconds of the abilities cooldown (even if I have reduced cooldown).

It's made things...easy? The only legendary I have that even effects mystic ally is Crudest Boots, and it's just a level 16 pair I rolled when I made the Monk.

Did I miss a patch note that said that Water Ally basically lasts forever? I understand that Fire Ally does more immediate damage, but Water Ally is just constant ongoing forever damage, and it's a good amount of damage. I just walk around and everything dies. I can't even keep sweeping Winds up because I don't get any personal hits in.

EDIT: also haven't seen a single etherial. 70 and only 38 paragon (just hit it 70 before bed), but yeah. nada.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    The legendary power and passive skill allotment change. My first grandfather had something different than my second one. So its possible to get an uber ethereal for meta builds but its random.

Jubal77 on
This discussion has been closed.