As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Lego] Thread

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Did the Batmobile yesterday and now want to make a little stand for the Ecto-1 I have. It's the same size as the batmobile and would look great on a little rotating stand with the info card.

I wonder if I can make one in photoshop...

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I may have lost my dang mind.

gwidykcxg8df.jpg

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I may have lost my dang mind.
    gwidykcxg8df.jpg

But you got Lego.
    Fair trade, in my books anyway.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Gratz! I did the same with the Lego City Arctic (1) sets.

Fair warning: Assembled lego takes up a LOT of room. Plan ahead. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I already have a Lego brand cinch bag to store the disassembled pieces in.

Edit: I still have 5 more sets on the way.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    You haven’t lost your mind until you buy a second space station and modify them to all connect together.

I mean uh not that I did that. Uh. Nope. Someone else. Yup.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    I'm, uh, not sure Lego understand what the word "city" means.

Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    AkimboEG wrote: »
    I'm, uh, not sure Lego understand what the word "city" means.

Look, you could see the city from the arctic wastelands in the art! It's like Yellowknife or Anchorage or something!

... now, what'll really fry your noodle is the jungle city sets with the volcanoes.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    The same city not only has a space port more active than Cape Canaveral, but also several aquatic research centers and a thriving racing scene

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    It's really Lego City State with a Overseas Empire.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    The "city" in Lego City is Courescant.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Lego City Undercover was also an amazing game for a GTA clone. :D

• Options
    RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    I believe the prevailing joke is that Lego city is a veritable police state given just how many police sets appear in the City theme. That all the fires that must be put out given the prevalence of so many firefighting sets too.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Also they must starve in LEGO city because there's not a damn farm anywhere in sight!

(Still salty the tractor is more of a bulldozer or snow plow than actual tractor. CMon!)

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Did y'all see they unveiled the Marvel CMF line? They look amazing, arm n' leg printing, duel molding, the whole thing. All pulled from the Disney+ shows, so some mild spoilerth if you're not caught up!
    vbrxx7j8nywd.png

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2021/07/26/lego-collectible-minifigures-marvel-studios-series-revealed-news/

There's a rather funny error - White Vision has a yellow gem, it should be blue. The first Vision minifig from the AoU sets had the opposite problem - blue gem instead of yellow. :P

Only minor complaints are that the Loki Gator is missing a crown, and Bucky and Sam both rocking the new shield seems like a missed opportunity for another accessory.

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Dammit I'm gonna buy a shitload of those

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Also they must starve in LEGO city because there's not a damn farm anywhere in sight!

(Still salty the tractor is more of a bulldozer or snow plow than actual tractor. CMon!)

I'm not sure which tractor your talking about but the ones I looked up look like tractors!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    webguy20 wrote: »

I'm not sure which tractor your talking about but the ones I looked up look like tractors!

Probably this one.

1jjdsnj1942p.jpeg

Looking at it more, yeah, it does seem more like a construction frontloader (vs. a bulldozer) rather than a tractor.

On a related note, I pulled the trigger on this set:

3ysohf4bmwlr.jpeg

I've been on a bit of a construction vehicle kick and already built the hook crane and (real) bulldozer sets. I plan to convert the wrecking ball vehicle into a heavy duty excavator, and keep the frontloader as is (maybe beef it up a bit with extra pieces so it'll match the excavator in size).

The dump truck is kinda puny so I was looking at larger dump truck sets but may end up MOCing my own. Finally, I want to pick up the yellow cement mixer. Ultimately, my plan is to get six construction vehicles to represent the same alt mode vehicles that the Constructicons (of Decepticons/Transformers fame) ended up adopting as their disguises.

Not that I want to combine them into Devastator or anything (the MOC engineering to pull that off is beyond my skill) but it makes me happy to see the vehicles those lugheads were based on in Lego form. Having two out of the six (soon to be four out of the six) is a good start!

Raiju on
  • Options
    samskinnersamskinner Registered User regular
    I don't like Lego at all...

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    samskinner wrote: »
    I don't like Lego at all...

I don't believe you

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    That construction set looks awesome! Anyway, you can tell the tractor isn’t a bulldozer because it’s red.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    IiEdSLp.jpg

ooh is that a new hair option?

• Options
    Raiju wrote: »

Probably this one.

1jjdsnj1942p.jpeg

Looking at it more, yeah, it does seem more like a construction frontloader (vs. a bulldozer) rather than a tractor.

3ysohf4bmwlr.jpeg

I've been on a bit of a construction vehicle kick and already built the hook crane and (real) bulldozer sets. I plan to convert the wrecking ball vehicle into a heavy duty excavator, and keep the frontloader as is (maybe beef it up a bit with extra pieces so it'll match the excavator in size).

The dump truck is kinda puny so I was looking at larger dump truck sets but may end up MOCing my own. Finally, I want to pick up the yellow cement mixer. Ultimately, my plan is to get six construction vehicles to represent the same alt mode vehicles that the Constructicons (of Decepticons/Transformers fame) ended up adopting as their disguises.

Not that I want to combine them into Devastator or anything (the MOC engineering to pull that off is beyond my skill) but it makes me happy to see the vehicles those lugheads were based on in Lego form. Having two out of the six (soon to be four out of the six) is a good start!

Yeah, it's that one.

I just am bitter because I got a new job related to farming, and I have a desk for the first time in my life, and was like I'm gonna put some sweet farm related lego on it.

And there really isn't much, which was a surprise!

So instead everyone's going to have to stare at the Seinfeld set.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

Probably this one.

1jjdsnj1942p.jpeg

3ysohf4bmwlr.jpeg

Yeah, it's that one.

I just am bitter because I got a new job related to farming, and I have a desk for the first time in my life, and was like I'm gonna put some sweet farm related lego on it.

You can always remove the front loader part on that set for display. You can also get this one for your desk since it is small.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/mini-claas-xerion-42102

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options

Probably this one.

1jjdsnj1942p.jpeg

3ysohf4bmwlr.jpeg

Yeah, it's that one.

Go big. Go Technic. :D

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Before the pandemic my office at work used to be where I would display my favorite completed sets (Voltron, Saturn V). Now that I'm working mainly from home, I'm fretting that I don't have a place to display/store the NES I'm getting for my birthday.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    You haven’t lost your mind until you buy a second space station and modify them to all connect together.

Did you already post that? 'Cause I want to see it.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    That tractor, except for being red, looks almost exactly like my dads current tractor. Thats why i asked.

Now I would love a 2500ish piece technic classic tractor, with functioning PTO.

tq9it4403i7d.jpeg

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

Did you already post that? 'Cause I want to see it.

I think I did somewhere in this thread.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Disaster!

The mailman delivered my Shuttle set (60078) yesterday, after 7pm, way after he normally delivers mail. Since he stuck it in the mailbox, and it didn't fit, he left it half out of the mailbox and it got rained on. I don't know if it was that, or the heat from being outside so long, but my stickers did this:

pcclp9ec6d1k.jpg

When I went to peel the sheet away from the plastic bag (it was stuck to it) the transparent layer of the stickers remained stuck to the bag, and the backing came away.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Use the lego site and send in a ticket. You'll get replacements in a week or two.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Heffling wrote: »
    Use the lego site and send in a ticket. You'll get replacements in a week or two.

I think this is the page:
    https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/replacementparts

Edit: If not, here is their service page. https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    That's it, I've used it recently and had the missing parts in about a week. One of the items missing was one of the long pneumatic tubs on RD-0 and they set me the entire bag with all 3 tubes, so that was nice.

• Options
    That tractor, except for being red, looks almost exactly like my dads current tractor. Thats why i asked.

Now I would love a 2500ish piece technic classic tractor, with functioning PTO.

tq9it4403i7d.jpeg

That's awesome! I'm going to get it and maybe leave the plow part off so it looks like that one.

• Options
    edited July 2021

Probably this one.

1jjdsnj1942p.jpeg

3ysohf4bmwlr.jpeg

Yeah, it's that one.

There's actually a small seasonal Halloween set that includes a (spooky) tractor and detachable wagon (Halloween Hayride - it's out of stock on the LEGO shop at home site but can be found online elsewhere like eBay and such):

l74cbowtw24q.jpeg

There's also the Harvester Transport that was a fairly recent release but just got retired (again, sold out on the Lego site but can be found online elsewhere):

dntbuynguiy3.jpeg

Those two jump out at me as the most recent farm sets.

Edit: Spelling.

Raiju on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    There's also some fun MOCs if you are into that kind of thing. This one stood out for me
    https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-42016/DreamsOnlyOwnsMakers/farm-mocs-series-machines-harrow-add-on-by-theveteran/#details

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Dammit. I redeemed some points that were expiring a couple of months ago and forgot until today, when I wanted to place an order and realised the £15 discount I would have gotten expired last week.

Fucksticks.

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    Dammit. I redeemed some points that were expiring a couple of months ago and forgot until today, when I wanted to place an order and realised the £15 discount I would have gotten expired last week.

Fucksticks.

Contact their customer service, I bet they will still honor it.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular

Probably this one.

1jjdsnj1942p.jpeg

3ysohf4bmwlr.jpeg

Yeah, it's that one.

There's actually a small seasonal Halloween set that includes a (spooky) tractor and detachable wagon (Halloween Hayride - it's out of stock on the LEGO shop at home site but can be found online elsewhere like eBay and such):

l74cbowtw24q.jpeg

There's also the Harvester Transport that was a fairly recent release but just got retired (again, sold out on the Lego site but can be found online elsewhere):

dntbuynguiy3.jpeg

Those two jump out at me as the most recent farm sets.

Edit: Spelling.

I would also really consider the upcoming pickup truck:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/pickup-truck-10290

LEGO-10290-Pickup-Truck-12-1024x653.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.