As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    It’s just moneyball. Sex pests are just an undervalued commodity. You would be stupid to pass on the benefits here.....

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Well the Rangers just bought out DeAngelo so…..

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Best part of the draft was Bob McKenzie, drinking margaritas at his cottage and spoiling the draft picks before they were announced just to show he still could.

:so_raven:
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

incredibly dumb but i had a sensible chuckle

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    So, are the drafts pretty much over? Other than trades and waiting to see who actually takes their draft contracts, are teams at least partially set for October?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    So, are the drafts pretty much over? Other than trades and waiting to see who actually takes their draft contracts, are teams at least partially set for October?

Free Agent frenzy starts Wednesday, so rosters can look pretty different then.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Alright, last question for a minute. How much are tickets normally when they aren't being scalped? All of these tickets are hundreds of dollars minimum, and thats ignoring how ridiculous the first game of the season is.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Alright, last question for a minute. How much are tickets normally when they aren't being scalped? All of these tickets are hundreds of dollars minimum, and thats ignoring how ridiculous the first game of the season is.

depends on the team

like 15-20 years ago i could go catch a Caps game when the Red Wings came to DC for like $30 but then the Caps got good and tickets shot up to like $85 in a year

i have no idea what they are now but i assume even higher

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    really depends on the team. Are you trying to go to a game for a team that sells out every game? yeah tickets will be $$$

are you trying to go to a Tuesday night game in Florida or Arizona? they have enough incentives (food, parking etc) where the ticket might end up being basically free.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Chanus wrote: »

depends on the team

like 15-20 years ago i could go catch a Caps game when the Red Wings came to DC for like $30 but then the Caps got good and tickets shot up to like $85 in a year

Looks like they're starting at $80 and going up to $200 for a single game.

ED: For the Caps, I mean.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »

depends on the team

Looks like they're starting at $80 and going up to $200 for a single game.

I don't know what your situation is but it may be worth looking to see if they have any multi-game packs available. Some teams will sell packages of 3-4 games where the per game price ends up being a bit cheaper. You can then go to all the games in the package, or split the cost with someone.

Hell I know people who do that for season seats for the Oilers. There's like 10 of them who split the cost of two tickets, and then they literally hold a draft for the games.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    My brother and I bought 4-game packs for the Flyers one year. And I ended up being too busy to go to more than 1 of them. :bigfrown:

But that's more my time management than the ticket packs.

• Options
    Jayricho wrote: »
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Well the Rangers just bought out DeAngelo so…..

Funny you should say that.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    And on that topic, what could possibly go wrong?

Jayricho on
  • Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Is there any chance Az can build around the like 15 draft picks we have to have a good team in 5 years? Do the draft slots we got have good players we can pick? Or are we just gonna train someone on how the NHL works for a year or less and trade/sell them again. I just want to go see a good game/team. :(

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    MAF to Chicago.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    And practically for free.
    Stupid Hawks, don’t help Vegas clear space! That’s nearly a Landeskog sized cap opening.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    Other things:

James Neal, Braden Holtby, and Martin Jones are bought out by Edmonton, Vancouver, and San Jose.

a number of signings but I'll highlight that Ovi has signed a 5 year deal to stay in Washington until he's 40, at basically the same cap hit he was at before, 9.5.

If he plays until the end of the deal, he has a very good chance of breaking the goals record. he's 168 away. Needs an average of 33.6 goals per season to do it.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    And ovie resigned with the caps for the same cash, 9.5M per, for his 35-40 year old seasons

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Fleury apparently found out over Twitter and is not happy.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Whose name will be on the sword later this week?

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Prime Minister Justin Trudeau coming in with some Canadiens takes too
    Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said today the Montreal Canadiens showed a "lack of judgment" by drafting an 18-year-old who was fined recently for sharing sexually explicit photos of a woman without her consent.

Trudeau is the latest high-profile figure to criticize the NHL club over its decision to select Logan Mailloux for its first-round pick in Friday's entry draft.

"As a life-long Habs fan, I am deeply disappointed by the decision," Trudeau told a news conference in Moncton, N.B.

"I think it was a lack of judgment by the Canadiens organization. I think they have a lot of explaining to do to Montrealers and fans right across the country."

• Options
    Oh ffs

They're also interested in Virtanen too.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    NHL scheduling decides that the best way to get Opening Day ratings is to make the new kids fight it out in the schoolyard.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Sounds like Halak and Luke Schenn are coming to Vancouver, Getzlaf going to the Oilers.

Lol:

Corvus on
  • Options
    Chicago traded Seabrook (Long term IR) to Tampa for Tyler Johnson. Tampa was looking for more cap space.

Chicago is trying to... do the weirdest tank job ever? Pick up trade deadline bargaining chips?

• Options
    Oh, duh. Something to distract from the sexual abuse coach they gave a recommendation letter to for a high school position

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Chicago with MAF and Tyler Johnson is suddently a much better team.

Honestly, with Towes and Kane 2 years out from UFA and both on the wrong side of 30 I'm betting that they're going to go for it this year, and then really start to tear it all down.

EDIT: and also they signed seth jones forever so...

wunderbar on
  • Options
    Until they started making moves this offseason, their entire roster 3 years out, would have been: Riley Stillman and his 1.35m cap hit. I guess they maybe think they can go for bust for the next 2 years before the real tank/rebuild, but I don't know if these moves help them.

I really disagree with the prospect/picks given up for Seth Jones as the apparent centerpiece of their rebuild.

• Options
    Landeskog signs with the Avalanche at 8x$7 and a 4 year full NMC/4 year partial NMC

• Options
    Fucking finally

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    I love how The Canucks have been penalized for years for a legal contract that violated no rules when it was signed but other teams can get around the cap by trading players everyone knows will never play again and getting cap credit for slapping them into IR.

• Options
    Also. Mike Gillis, former Canucks GM is now the VP of the players association and likely to succeed Don Fehr so the next CBA negotiation should be fun.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Huge sigh of relief. Now with Landy taken care of I don’t have to anxiously be checking my phone all day at work. Though it does make me curious what Sakic is going to do about the goalie situation. I’ll be surprised to see Grubauer back also.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Kinda surprised Tampa managed to offload Johnson so cheaply.

A 2nd round pick a couple of years down the road plus Vinik paying a contract that will be on LITR and not count towards the cap.

Julien BriseBois has done a pretty damn good job since he's taken the reins from Yzerman.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
  • Options
    Curious to see how Grubauer does in Seattle. I think it’s safe to say he’s not looking at another Vezina finalist season.

• Options
    Jayricho wrote: »
    Curious to see how Grubauer does in Seattle. I think it’s safe to say he’s not looking at another Vezina finalist season.

Doesn't that make like 4 goalies at this point? I thought Driedger was going to be our starter?

• Options
    Yeah it was a confusing move. Nobody's really sure what Seattle is doing.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
This discussion has been closed.