As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Pokémon] Thread! Sword & Shield OUT NOW!!

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I got Sword and Shield for my daughters a few months back.

Guess who completed both versions, and expansions, and completely filled out their Galar Dex, and then dusted off their old DSi to transfer their pokemon from Soul Silver into Black (and then realized they needed a 3DS to transfer into Bank), and then bought a Pokeball edition 2DS XL off EBay, then bought Y and Omega Ruby and Ultra Sun because why not try for a complete national dex?

Its me. I did that.

Help

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Ok
    discrider wrote: »
    Hey look @Obifett
    A distraction!

discrider on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Guess who completed both versions, and expansions, and completely filled out their Galar Dex, and then dusted off their old DSi to transfer their pokemon from Soul Silver into Black (and then realized they needed a 3DS to transfer into Bank), and then bought a Pokeball edition 2DS XL off EBay, then bought Y and Omega Ruby and Ultra Sun because why not try for a complete national dex?

Its me. I did that.

Help

@ObiFett I'm trying to clear my copy of X. If you need anything let me know.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »

Its me. I did that.

Help

ObiFett I'm trying to clear my copy of X. If you need anything let me know.

Yo, I appreciate the offer. My plan is to literally catch (or breed) them all.

Only things that are gonna be problematic are mythicals. From X/Y, that means unless you've got Diancie, Hoopa, or Volcanion that you'd just be throwing away (which I doubt), I should be able to get everything I need from that gen through just Y.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    hack your 3ds and install PKSM
    it lets you move pokemon from any 3ds compatible game to any 3ds compatible game without those stupid minigames

so anything from gen 4 to 7
    it also lets you edit and make anything in those games, plus inject any events (so that you get a mythical with legit stats and info as if you were there for the event)

but just the moving around feature is great

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    hack your 3ds and install PKSM
    it lets you move pokemon from any 3ds compatible game to any 3ds compatible game without those stupid minigames

so anything from gen 4 to 7
    it also lets you edit and make anything in those games, plus inject any events (so that you get a mythical with legit stats and info as if you were there for the event)

but just the moving around feature is great

I'd appreciate it if you did this for me.

Mostly so I don't have to grind evolution stones please.

• Options
    but how would i

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    but how would i

Look behind you.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    New Pokemon Snap's getting a free update - 3 new areas, all with day and night modes, twenty new pokemon.

https://youtu.be/_gKZ5-8LRKg

One of the new areas shrinks you down so you can be a tiny midget amongst GIANT TERRORS

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    New Pokemon Snap's getting a free update - 3 new areas, all with day and night modes, twenty new pokemon.

One of the new areas shrinks you down so you can be a tiny midget amongst GIANT TERRORS

Awesome, though a shame it looks like the new areas are basically just extensions of existing areas. I was really, really hoping for a power plant like biome :( But hey, free DLC is always cool :3

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Awesome, though a shame it looks like the new areas are basically just extensions of existing areas. I was really, really hoping for a power plant like biome :( But hey, free DLC is always cool :3

I'm deffo hoping we get a paid dlc with even more new areas and new mons (and hopefully full on new biomes)

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    I'm deffo hoping we get a paid dlc with even more new areas and new mons (and hopefully full on new biomes)

Yeah, I would definitely pay for more DLC if it meant brand new art and biomes. I hope something like that still happens.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    yeah, westerners wont like him because hes asian, not because he is a weirdo who is super creepy to women. they got the accurate take lol

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    So that remake of Diamond/Pearl actually looks kinda good?

Still not that big a fan of the chibi overworld look, but everything else seems decent.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Hella new formes in Arceus.
    Also they 100 percent are just using the Breath of the wild engine

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Whoa. Ghost/Water Basculin evolution?

• Options
    Guess there no pvp for Arceus but Sw/Sh is still getting support so thats good

Yay home support!

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Hella new formes in Arceus.
    Also they 100 percent are just using the Breath of the wild engine

If they are, I'm not complaining. If it means we're getting the genuine open world Pokémon game people have been wanting since Red and Blue.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    The setting up at a camp before venturing out and figuring out the best approach to critters felt sort of Monster Hunter-y as well. Looks fantastic though and I'm honestly shocked that today wasn't to delay it.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    I joined lte, but some of these new evolutions and forms look neat. So we've got:

Wyrdeer: A Stantler evolution. I figure the name is Wyrd (Fate) + Weird + Deer.
    Basculegion: A Basculin evolution. I figure it's Water/Ghost, since it's possessed by the souls of the Basculin who died in migration.
    Hisuian Braviary: Flying/Psychic instead of Normal/Flying, I figure.
    Hisuian Growlithe: Was this a Rock type, did they say?

----

Gotta say, I wasn't expecting this spinoff to have regional variants and new evolutions.

Enlong on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Watching the Arceus video.

I love that some of our older ‘mons are finally getting some love with new evolutions and forms. (I’d be tickled if Pinsir/Lapras/Dunsparce caught new forms/evos).

It also looks like you’ll have to dodge Pokémon attacks yourself- it makes me wonder if it’s possible to game over from taking too much damage as the trainer. This might also give an in-universe reason as to why Pokémon don’t attack humans.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Well shit Arceus looks rad as hell.

Making a party based on new forms/world movement skill pokes sounds really fun.

Ah fuck you don't ride your own pokes. Oh well, the rest looks cool!

The battle styles make the idea of using buff skills in regular play much more appealing. Buffing and attacking in the same turn means I won't throw every buff skill in the trash!

Edit: Of course bidoof just walks up to random humans like a dumdum.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    So that remake of Diamond/Pearl actually looks kinda good?

Still not that big a fan of the chibi overworld look, but everything else seems decent.

God I fucking hate everything about the chibi look. It might actually keep me from buying it.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Arceus on the other hand looks incredible! I can't wait!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    So. Team Galaxy. Are we the baddies in Arceus? :rotate:

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Arceus is looking good. I'm glad it looks like it's not running at 10fps anymore like the first trailer :P Other than that though, kind of not worth getting up early for that -_- I think I'm gonna be disappointed every time they refuse to show Detective Pikachu Switch though (which was announced before fucking Snap that is already out and yet we still haven't seen even a logo for this thing!). The Diamond and Pearl remakes are looking at least a little better than before but I still really hate the art style they went with. And I just don't care about any of the other crap :P

Side note - if they are gonna introduce new regional forms and stuff for Arceus, and this is set in the past, does that mean all those Pokemon went extinct? :P

Also this is really stupid, but I was actually pleased to hear the starters were brought from many different regions. I was having a hard time wrapping my head around Rowlet randomly existing in ancient Sinoh for no reason :P

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Also this is really stupid, but I was actually pleased to hear the starters were brought from many different regions. I was having a hard time wrapping my head around Rowlet randomly existing in ancient Sinoh for no reason :P

Pretty sure that info was already known from the first time it was shown.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »

Was it? I don't remember reading that. The impression I got was that they were from this region which just confused me. Either way, I'm glad that is the case. It's a stupid thing to be concerned about but little stuff like that bother me for some reason :P

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »

Was it? I don't remember reading that. The impression I got was that they were from this region which just confused me. Either way, I'm glad that is the case. It's a stupid thing to be concerned about but little stuff like that bother me for some reason :P

That makes sense, it's a weird thing to just have happen for no reason. As for the region specific Pokemon, it could be that they went extinct or are, in the current timeline, just in like an island or cave or something in an unexplored part of Sinnoh. Who knows! Pokemon being extinct hasn't exactly stopped then before.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    I joined lte, but some of these new evolutions and forms look neat. So we've got:

Basculegion: A Basculin evolution. I figure it's Water/Ghost, since it's possessed by the souls of the Basculin who died in migration.

----

Gotta say, I wasn't expecting this spinoff to have regional variants and new evolutions.

They said its head spike is rock. If it evolves into a lion dog statue arcanine it might be Steel fairy or rock fairy

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

----

They said its head spike is rock. If it evolves into a lion dog statue arcanine it might be Steel fairy or rock fairy

It's Rock/Fire currently.

Listed on their website. All the new forms are there so far.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Very curious how Arceus attempts to explain Magnemite.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Have we seen Magnemite in the game yet?

If no; we might not see them, or they might have a regional variant that more resembles natural lodestones.

If yes... shrug!

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Have we seen Magnemite in the game yet?

If no; we might not see them, or they might have a regional variant that more resembles natural lodestones.

If yes... shrug!

Yeah, there was a brief shot of Magneton in the trailer. Looked normal to me.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    They based magnet designs on Magnemite. Why reinvent what nature already did right the first time?

• Options
    I loved everything about Arceus, and shibi style-changed Dawn earned my heart. Plus walking-with-you pokes in new d&p!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Not including ranked battles in either of the new games is interesting. Maybe that means they'll eventually bring every Pokemon to sw/sh or whatever gen 9 ends up being

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Almost all of my issues with the D/P remakes and Arceus have been addressed.

My Hype meter has gone from not hyped at all to Medium hype.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    The setting up at a camp before venturing out and figuring out the best approach to critters felt sort of Monster Hunter-y as well. Looks fantastic though and I'm honestly shocked that today wasn't to delay it.

This game is Poké Hunter: Rise in my mind until somebody physically stops me.