As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2010年防衛大学校棒倒し[chat]

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    v1yreuydg5e71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=21d8b89e989ad77c3407d6beb6cddc381adda02b

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Boston is also full of people from Boston
    https://youtu.be/FSvNhxKJJyU

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    I don't think Boston even likes Boston

you're kinda relentlessly shitty about boston. it's where I live and I like it.

Everyone’s relentlessly shitty about someone’s hometown here in chat.

If anybody here is from Fayetteville North Carolina I am sorry

sorry that you live there

I genuinely feel bad for people who have to hit their brakes when on the highway and not for turning on to an exit ramp.

jungleroomx on
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    Boston is literally one of the nicest places on this planet. There's absolutely a reason why Boston and its surrounding municipalities are comically expensive to live in, and it's because its nice as fuck here.

Yeah but it’s nice as fuck lots of places.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t like it or it isn’t nice, mind

Having been to Boston several times I thought it was cool to visit but I absolutely could not wait to leave.

East coast traffic alone gives me anxiety. Boston takes DC traffic and kind of makes it worse somehow

The one upside to this past year is that traffic has seemingly improved around the city pretty much across the board. I drove into downtown boston on Tuesday and the worst delay i had was on the north shore cause i got caught waiting for a janky drawbridge gate to come up all the way

• KamiroKamiro Registered User regular

https://visitfayettevillenc.com/planners/top-10-reasons/

Boston is literally one of the nicest places on this planet. There's absolutely a reason why Boston and its surrounding municipalities are comically expensive to live in, and it's because its nice as fuck here.

Yeah but it’s nice as fuck lots of places.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t like it or it isn’t nice, mind

Having been to Boston several times I thought it was cool to visit but I absolutely could not wait to leave.

East coast traffic alone gives me anxiety. Boston takes DC traffic and kind of makes it worse somehow

The one upside to this past year is that traffic has seemingly improved around the city pretty much across the board. I drove into downtown boston on Tuesday and the worst delay i had was on the north shore cause i got caught waiting for a janky drawbridge gate to come up all the way

traffic is back to being a nightmare here

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I just did a wire transfer! For closing costs on our house!

That was nerve wracking! But also cheaper than expected! AND TOMORROW I'M CLOSING ON A HOUSE AHH

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    🙌🏽I HAD MY FIRST TRANSGENDERED APPLICANT 🙌🏽

It sucked because I couldn’t change his gender/sex from female to male.

@credeiki because I remembered we talked about this before and I didn’t know the answer at the time. Apparently we need proof that legally they changed their gender/sex. So he’s stuck with “female” on his certificate, but I told him once he has legally done it, he can try to get an updated cert and see if the service will allow him to do it for free.

I did tell him “look, I’m normally professional during these interviews, but if I may be candid for a moment, I think it’s complete bullshit I can’t just change this for you.”

Other than that, another American on the way

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »

https://visitfayettevillenc.com/planners/top-10-reasons/

It is true, the town is near I-95 and it does in fact contain a lot of reasonably priced hotels.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    I was able to change his name though, so hopefully that provided some comfort.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    v1yreuydg5e71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=21d8b89e989ad77c3407d6beb6cddc381adda02b
    a5nsm79ejsww.png

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    kit's little brown nose is so fucking cute

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Sorry mim, you can be transgender but not transgendered, that is not the preferred nomenclature

Please stay where you are, a salvo of cancellation warheads are on their way

I know you meant well and probably made his day but rules are rules

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular

I mean most people here shit on Cleveland then I shrug and go back to my life

• tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Speaking of, gf really wants to go to California at some point and I told her that my condition for such a trip is that we must plan sufficiently ahead of time that we could get a table at the French Laundry

Then we looked at the prices and I argued that $350 a head is, in fact, a democratization of fine dining for the everyman because it isn't a club where you can only get in with a $15k yearly membership

DO IT!

If you don't do it now, you'd need to make a return trip, so really you are saving money.(Also the 350 probably doesn't include wine pairings, and if you are in Napa, how can you not have the wine pairings)

And this is how I justified spending a mortgage payment for a two meals+winepairings at Noma. Which was worth every penny.

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

Ah the ol' Cleveland Cleveland steamer

nibXTE7.png
    man, watch him in that clip, he's just a machine on the beat. Just perfect.

• SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    Boston is also full of people from Boston
    https://youtu.be/FSvNhxKJJyU

I've been seeing less and less of this particular guy for years now. Like they still exist but it's not as common a demographic around Boston as it used to be.

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    My only understanding of Boston is Good Will Hunting

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

I'm not sure I've heard this. Not because there's reverence for Cleveland, just it doesn't come up much and I get the impression that not a lot of people have been there and they also don't have much cultural context for what it's like.

The whole of my impression of the place is the drew carry show and that viral cleaveland tourism video which seemed like it was made by a local who was joking/frustrated with local government.

• GilgaronGilgaron Registered User regular

Cleveland... at least it's not.. Detroit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I just did a wire transfer! For closing costs on our house!

That was nerve wracking! But also cheaper than expected! AND TOMORROW I'M CLOSING ON A HOUSE AHH

<3 Congratulations! I hope the extra space and the privacy will help take off some stress with kiddo.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
    what a loss

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    man

reading marvel comics from the start is like doing ancestry.com

you start going along a branch and then it's like oh well i have to fill in this other branch that joins here

and then while you're on that branch you're like oh there's this other branch

i am basically reading backwards in time

also thor #1 is thor #126 because thor #1 is actually journey through mystery #83, which is when journey through mystery starts being called journey through mystery with thor, and thor is first introduced, which runs until #125 until they just decided to start calling it thor

they're all like this

Allegedly a voice of reason.

• TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Chanus wrote: »
    man

you start going along a branch and then it's like oh well i have to fill in this other branch that joins here

also thor #1 is thor #126 because thor #1 is actually journey through mystery #83, which is when journey through mystery starts being called journey through mystery with thor, and thor is first introduced, which runs until #125 until they just decided to start calling it thor

they're all like this

You could tell me anything about comics in the 70s and I would believe it with no hesitation

I mean not that you'd ever lie on another topic but

Tumin on
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    what a loss

its funny, I really only know ZZ Top from Sharp Dressed Man

and then I listened that that La Grange clip and went OOOOHHHHHH

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
    man

they're all like this

9l2p3lrm5lp7.png

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    other things about cities:

i like that philly has a great food scene. i've heard a chef-owner talk about how many super talented restaurant folks in nyc and boston will go to philly for their first place because it's so much cheaper and they can spend more money on recipe development, the physical space etc. lots of cool, young, creative restaurants. on the other hand- philly will probably always be soured for me because i lived in such rough neighborhoods there. just too many memories of absolute dogshit-scary places.

bad thing about boston: driving. DK is a lunatic who sounds like vee about LA sometimes in terms of the bizarre pride that yeah it's high intensity, yeah you have to pay attention but we're GOOD AT IT and hardly ever kill each other!! no way. bizarre point of view. i am very glad that i drive in a low impact area where i have tons of space and time to change lanes, get to my exit, make turns in the city, find parking etc. i'm sure this is true of nyc also but despite living there for a year i've almost never been in an automobile inside of nyc lel. i've been in cars in boston dozens of times and it almost always sucked. but as i said above i love many things about boston.

having been in nyc as a teenager i'd almost completely forgotten the smell. last time i visited nyc in the summer i was just floored by the fetid garbage stench on sidewalks and on subway platforms. unbelievably wretched. but also i loved being able to google like, cameroonian restaurant and probably find multiple results. really hard to replicate that in this country, but for maybe LA.

• zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Being from Michigan I'm somewhat obligated to shit on Ohio when presented with an opportunity.

But really all the big cities are pretty cool. Toledo is rough in spots but Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, and Dayton are all pretty nice and generally cool places.

And rural Ohio is no shittier than any other rural midwest place. They all kinda suck.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    what a loss

Don't forget their bitchin' BTTF3 cameo

are YOU on the beer list?
    Kamiro wrote: »
    man

they're all like this

9l2p3lrm5lp7.png

pause for a moment to appreciate the brilliance of illiterate Charlie mistaking Pennsylvania for Pepe Sylvia

Gilgaron wrote: »

Cleveland... at least it's not.. Detroit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

ok this video is less charitable than I remember also an aids joke and the r word

please mark your squares everyone playing 2000s bingo

what a loss

YESSSSSS dude. Dude. They are so fucking good! Pure uncut texas roadhouse. Unbeatable.

I knew I picked the right clip for people to go wtf I thought they were a joke band holy shit

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    The Ascent was pretty fun so far.

Strong Crusader: No Remorse vibes.

This is the first Xbox exclusive deal since 2014 that has me sad. I’d like to play it on the tv not a pc.

PSN: Honkalot
    I watched the video of that Opera singer reaction that Echo (I think?) posted.

And now I'm watching her other videos, mostly her reactions to metal songs because it tickles me having an opera singer who generally hasn't listened to any metal giving her reactions and observations. She's been very excited so far.

Also an excuse for me to listen to metal which I love but never listen to anymore

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Spool we're old.

Like I don't already have three of their CDs

are YOU on the beer list?
This discussion has been closed.