As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2010年防衛大学校棒倒し[chat]

14546485051100

Posts

  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment The purity of angry tambourine. Registered User regular
    edited July 29
    zagdrob wrote: »
    Being from Michigan I'm somewhat obligated to shit on Ohio when presented with an opportunity.

    But really all the big cities are pretty cool. Toledo is rough in spots but Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, and Dayton are all pretty nice and generally cool places.

    And rural Ohio is no shittier than any other rural midwest place. They all kinda suck.

    I had a really cool ride up 127. Eaton. Greenville, Celina, Van Wert, Sherwood, Bryan. Awesome little sandstone county courthouse main streets..
    Defiance is just to the east so I missed it but what a name.

    SummaryJudgment on
    Because survival is insufficient.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Spool we're old.

    Like I don't already have three of their CDs

    There was a crazy great documentary about them on Netflix I think

  • ChanusChanus Just venting, Not seeking solutions. Registered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    Being from Michigan I'm somewhat obligated to shit on Ohio when presented with an opportunity.

    But really all the big cities are pretty cool. Toledo is rough in spots but Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, and Dayton are all pretty nice and generally cool places.

    And rural Ohio is no shittier than any other rural midwest place. They all kinda suck.

    yeah all of my family is from Ohio if you go back far enough but also all eventually moved to Michigan so by the time i came around i consider myself ethnically Detroit

    so there is an obligation to hate Ohio even if there is no justification

    also i agree with your assessments

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Cleveland has Bone Thugs which says it’s probably one of the best cities imo

    PSN: Honkalot
    Chanusdesc
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    fe37c16a011fa72b0901896857d081474d30276f.jpg

    Winkycredeikispool32ChanusamateurhourSnicketysnickAlexandierAegisronyaRhesus PositiveElldrenskippydumptruckIncenjucarEddyMrMisterYoshisummons
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I've got a quick meeting at 2:30 and then I'm done for the day. I think I'mma do a load of dishes after I unload the dishwasher and then get a little off tilt

    Atomika
  • kedinikkedinik Registered User regular
    oxuih973sy14.jpg

    in light of this absolutely sick triple kill, the civilian losses were deemed acceptable

    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    cB557Rhesus PositiveMrMister
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment The purity of angry tambourine. Registered User regular
    Celina was gorgeous, that's a cool little town.

    Because survival is insufficient.
  • ChanusChanus Just venting, Not seeking solutions. Registered User regular
    Gilgaron wrote: »
    I don't think Boston even likes Boston

    you're kinda relentlessly shitty about boston. it's where I live and I like it.

    Everyone’s relentlessly shitty about someone’s hometown here in chat.

    If anybody here is from Fayetteville North Carolina I am sorry

    sorry that you live there

    I mean most people here shit on Cleveland then I shrug and go back to my life

    Cleveland... at least it's not.. Detroit!


    ok this video is less charitable than I remember also an aids joke and the r word

    please mark your squares everyone playing 2000s bingo

    his first video is definitely more tongue-in-cheek and made with love

    this second one seems like the result of focus group testing where they decided he wasn't shitty enough about how much Cleveland sucks and he was like okay well if it gets me more views i'll do it

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Sorry mim, you can be transgender but not transgendered, that is not the preferred nomenclature

    Please stay where you are, a salvo of cancellation warheads are on their way

    *sigh*

    I'll fire up the machine

    https://postalmuseum.si.edu/collections/object-spotlight/french-cancelling-machine

  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    We'll know when AI is finally good when "this looks like it was written by an AI" turns from an insult into a complement.

  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    fe37c16a011fa72b0901896857d081474d30276f.jpg

    samizdata scientist is a good username, gonna steal that for future use

    Steam, LoL: credeiki
    ElldrenEddyMrMister
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Detroit has a lot more of the east coast attitude than the rest of the midwest.

    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    has anybody ever said anything mean about philadelphia

    eh probably not

    Well yeah chat knows better we don't want to get stabbed.

    Alternately:

    Nobody hates Philly as much as people from philly, we know we can't hope to compete.

    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    also i finished the tomorrow war. it was pretty bad.

    joshgotro
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Philly was really unpleasant to drive through between the airport and the poconos, when I was there once for work in 2003.

    that's all I got.

  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Urg. Chat medical folks, can I get an opinion on this doctor interaction? I kind of feel like an asshole and I'm not sure if that's warranted or not. It's a bit long.
    Background in the spoiler if you want.
    I have been unhappy with my primary care doc for a while. He doesn't seem to understand the concept of "acceptable side effects"; if I tell him I know I got my meds in because the side effects kicked in, he thinks that's a complaint to change meds. Even if I explicitly tell him otherwise! Also a little more lecturey than I like on weight and diet stuff. The worst part, though, is he never seemed to keep or check notes. He would mention wanting to order tests, then never do it. Or we would cover the same thing multiple times in different visits, not as a "how's that doing?" but as a "oh you're having that?"

    The worst part though, is there is something wrong with my left hip. He initially diagnosed it as bursitis. Then it became arthritis in other visits, despite never mentioning why he thought the change? And the symptoms being on one hip but the arthritis is in both. Any time I'd ask for stronger than OTC anti inflammatories, he would dither and be very concerned about side effects. He announced he was going to be moving to another practice recently, and I had decided not to follow him for these reasons, but hadn't said anything.
    About a month ago I had a flare that had me basically unable to walk, because it hurt so bad. I ended up in the ER. I saw the old doc again because the new wasn't available. When I mentioned the pain was a little less he was "So what do you want to talk about?" and I just sort of boggled. At the end of the appointment, he said he had concerns for a few autoimmune issues, but it was probably sciatica or a pinched nerve. And was once again a pain in the ass about pain meds.

    In the referral to the rheumatologist he wrote this
    ...Please evaluate this very nice transgender woman...

    I replied
    Was it strictly needed to out me in your referral note to the rheumatologist. What about the fact that I am trans is relevant here.

    And he apologized, in a sincere but incredibly profuse and over the top manner. I kinda felt like I had to explain that this wasn't the reason I wasn't going to be seeing him, since I didn't want him to get the wrong impression? This is what I wrote
    For me it's not a huge deal. But it is rude, and other patients might be hurt more by it.

    There is nothing that needs to be done about this one. Just don't do it to other patients without asking. I wasn't planning on continuing care with you anyway since you have been extremely difficult to work with..you don't consult notes about my health from visit to visit so we end up covering the same things over and over, I feel like I can't ask you for pain management, the last visit I'd been in the ER for pain and since the pain was less you were very dismissive at first.

    But after sending another apology note saying he thanked me for the feedback, he retired. Was planning to move to another practice, now he's just quitting. I feel like I may have overdone it? Was I an asshole here?

  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Phoenix I don't think you were the reason he decided to retire, he probably couldn't get his private practice off the ground post COVID

    cptruggedAlexandierSolomaxwell6Rhesus Positive
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Philly was really unpleasant to drive through between the airport and the poconos, when I was there once for work in 2003.

    that's all I got.

    i used to spend the summer in the poconos as a kid (usually alternating with the years i spent the summer in israel). and i was astonished to get older and learn that 'the poconos' is a nice place with resorts and skiing and beautiful outdoors. to my family, the poconos was desolate coal country. tiny, dead towns full of hardcore drug addiction and high unemployment. so for us it was just like, stay with my uncle in a shitty little half-abandoned town so we'd have outdoor space and not be trapped in philadelphia with smothering heat. it wasn't a uh, 'destination' the way i largely understand it to be used by people who spend time in the nicer parts of it.

    spool32MrMister
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong For Workgroups Version 3.11 Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    bad thing about boston: driving. DK is a lunatic who sounds like vee about LA sometimes in terms of the bizarre pride that yeah it's high intensity, yeah you have to pay attention but we're GOOD AT IT and hardly ever kill each other!! no way. bizarre point of view. i am very glad that i drive in a low impact area where i have tons of space and time to change lanes, get to my exit, make turns in the city, find parking etc. i'm sure this is true of nyc also but despite living there for a year i've almost never been in an automobile inside of nyc lel. i've been in cars in boston dozens of times and it almost always sucked. but as i said above i love many things about boston.

    Oh it took me several years here to stop having heart attacks at the sheer speed of everything, I don't think your reaction is unnatural and I don't think that city driving is like, good actually or that people should like doing it. And you simply cannot drive a car downtown and park, it's just not possible at this density. Parking is not available. Cars are for picking up people and leaving the city.

    New York driving is easier to navigate because of the grid but its overall even more stressful because there's even more traffic, even smaller lanes, and the pedestrians do not give the slightest bit of a fuck.

    I just get mad when people say Boston drivers are bad, because they are clearly, provably, NHTSA-statistically not. In fact, I would wager than most dense city drivers in general are better at not crashing and not killing people because the environment they practice in every day requires so much more concentration.

    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    Sleepjoshgotro
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    11mp5507s0e71.jpg

    Chanusspool32Casual EddySleepAegisWeavercredeikicB557SnicketysnickemnmnmeRhesus Positivezagdrobsee317Eddy
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong For Workgroups Version 3.11 Registered User regular
    Downtown Philly was the first real city driving I ever did and I was like, shitting my pants the whole time.

    Revisiting it, it's actually quite nice. The lanes are full size? There's parking?????

    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited July 29
    Phoenix I don't think you were the reason he decided to retire, he probably couldn't get his private practice off the ground post COVID

    He was just switching to different already established practice, so that's not it.

    edit: like I'm not saying I was THE REASON or anything either, but still

    Phoenix-D on
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Urg. Chat medical folks, can I get an opinion on this doctor interaction? I kind of feel like an asshole and I'm not sure if that's warranted or not. It's a bit long.
    Background in the spoiler if you want.
    I have been unhappy with my primary care doc for a while. He doesn't seem to understand the concept of "acceptable side effects"; if I tell him I know I got my meds in because the side effects kicked in, he thinks that's a complaint to change meds. Even if I explicitly tell him otherwise! Also a little more lecturey than I like on weight and diet stuff. The worst part, though, is he never seemed to keep or check notes. He would mention wanting to order tests, then never do it. Or we would cover the same thing multiple times in different visits, not as a "how's that doing?" but as a "oh you're having that?"

    The worst part though, is there is something wrong with my left hip. He initially diagnosed it as bursitis. Then it became arthritis in other visits, despite never mentioning why he thought the change? And the symptoms being on one hip but the arthritis is in both. Any time I'd ask for stronger than OTC anti inflammatories, he would dither and be very concerned about side effects. He announced he was going to be moving to another practice recently, and I had decided not to follow him for these reasons, but hadn't said anything.
    About a month ago I had a flare that had me basically unable to walk, because it hurt so bad. I ended up in the ER. I saw the old doc again because the new wasn't available. When I mentioned the pain was a little less he was "So what do you want to talk about?" and I just sort of boggled. At the end of the appointment, he said he had concerns for a few autoimmune issues, but it was probably sciatica or a pinched nerve. And was once again a pain in the ass about pain meds.

    In the referral to the rheumatologist he wrote this
    ...Please evaluate this very nice transgender woman...

    I replied
    Was it strictly needed to out me in your referral note to the rheumatologist. What about the fact that I am trans is relevant here.

    And he apologized, in a sincere but incredibly profuse and over the top manner. I kinda felt like I had to explain that this wasn't the reason I wasn't going to be seeing him, since I didn't want him to get the wrong impression? This is what I wrote
    For me it's not a huge deal. But it is rude, and other patients might be hurt more by it.

    There is nothing that needs to be done about this one. Just don't do it to other patients without asking. I wasn't planning on continuing care with you anyway since you have been extremely difficult to work with..you don't consult notes about my health from visit to visit so we end up covering the same things over and over, I feel like I can't ask you for pain management, the last visit I'd been in the ER for pain and since the pain was less you were very dismissive at first.

    But after sending another apology note saying he thanked me for the feedback, he retired. Was planning to move to another practice, now he's just quitting. I feel like I may have overdone it? Was I an asshole here?

    You were not the asshole, and definitely did not drive him to retirement. Don't stress about it, forget the guy and move forward!

    JebusUDamateurhourcptruggedNova_CSummaryJudgmentcredeikiRhesus PositiveElldrenMrMister
  • ChanusChanus Just venting, Not seeking solutions. Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    bad thing about boston: driving. DK is a lunatic who sounds like vee about LA sometimes in terms of the bizarre pride that yeah it's high intensity, yeah you have to pay attention but we're GOOD AT IT and hardly ever kill each other!! no way. bizarre point of view. i am very glad that i drive in a low impact area where i have tons of space and time to change lanes, get to my exit, make turns in the city, find parking etc. i'm sure this is true of nyc also but despite living there for a year i've almost never been in an automobile inside of nyc lel. i've been in cars in boston dozens of times and it almost always sucked. but as i said above i love many things about boston.

    Oh it took me several years here to stop having heart attacks at the sheer speed of everything, I don't think your reaction is unnatural and I don't think that city driving is like, good actually or that people should like doing it. And you simply cannot drive a car downtown and park, it's just not possible at this density. Parking is not available. Cars are for picking up people and leaving the city.

    New York driving is easier to navigate because of the grid but its overall even more stressful because there's even more traffic, even smaller lanes, and the pedestrians do not give the slightest bit of a fuck.

    I just get mad when people say Boston drivers are bad, because they are clearly, provably, NHTSA-statistically not. In fact, I would wager than most dense city drivers in general are better at not crashing and not killing people because the environment they practice in every day requires so much more concentration.

    it's not Boston drivers who are bad

    it's the system they have to drive in

    player/game etc

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    i'm totally willing to believe that boston drivers are better drivers. i'm just not willing to do it. i'm pretty sure if i lived in the boston area i would plan my life around it- either only take wfh jobs or pick housing near transit or work and live in a suburb or whatever.

    P10
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Urg. Chat medical folks, can I get an opinion on this doctor interaction? I kind of feel like an asshole and I'm not sure if that's warranted or not. It's a bit long.
    Background in the spoiler if you want.
    I have been unhappy with my primary care doc for a while. He doesn't seem to understand the concept of "acceptable side effects"; if I tell him I know I got my meds in because the side effects kicked in, he thinks that's a complaint to change meds. Even if I explicitly tell him otherwise! Also a little more lecturey than I like on weight and diet stuff. The worst part, though, is he never seemed to keep or check notes. He would mention wanting to order tests, then never do it. Or we would cover the same thing multiple times in different visits, not as a "how's that doing?" but as a "oh you're having that?"

    The worst part though, is there is something wrong with my left hip. He initially diagnosed it as bursitis. Then it became arthritis in other visits, despite never mentioning why he thought the change? And the symptoms being on one hip but the arthritis is in both. Any time I'd ask for stronger than OTC anti inflammatories, he would dither and be very concerned about side effects. He announced he was going to be moving to another practice recently, and I had decided not to follow him for these reasons, but hadn't said anything.
    About a month ago I had a flare that had me basically unable to walk, because it hurt so bad. I ended up in the ER. I saw the old doc again because the new wasn't available. When I mentioned the pain was a little less he was "So what do you want to talk about?" and I just sort of boggled. At the end of the appointment, he said he had concerns for a few autoimmune issues, but it was probably sciatica or a pinched nerve. And was once again a pain in the ass about pain meds.

    In the referral to the rheumatologist he wrote this
    ...Please evaluate this very nice transgender woman...

    I replied
    Was it strictly needed to out me in your referral note to the rheumatologist. What about the fact that I am trans is relevant here.

    And he apologized, in a sincere but incredibly profuse and over the top manner. I kinda felt like I had to explain that this wasn't the reason I wasn't going to be seeing him, since I didn't want him to get the wrong impression? This is what I wrote
    For me it's not a huge deal. But it is rude, and other patients might be hurt more by it.

    There is nothing that needs to be done about this one. Just don't do it to other patients without asking. I wasn't planning on continuing care with you anyway since you have been extremely difficult to work with..you don't consult notes about my health from visit to visit so we end up covering the same things over and over, I feel like I can't ask you for pain management, the last visit I'd been in the ER for pain and since the pain was less you were very dismissive at first.

    But after sending another apology note saying he thanked me for the feedback, he retired. Was planning to move to another practice, now he's just quitting. I feel like I may have overdone it? Was I an asshole here?

    I doubt this person is crying in their million dollar home too much. Also I doubt they retired because of your email.

    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • ChanusChanus Just venting, Not seeking solutions. Registered User regular
    the real problem with boston drivers is they are so traumatized by the crucible in which they are formed it leaves them completely unsuited to drive anywhere else

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Philly was really unpleasant to drive through between the airport and the poconos, when I was there once for work in 2003.

    that's all I got.

    i used to spend the summer in the poconos as a kid (usually alternating with the years i spent the summer in israel). and i was astonished to get older and learn that 'the poconos' is a nice place with resorts and skiing and beautiful outdoors. to my family, the poconos was desolate coal country. tiny, dead towns full of hardcore drug addiction and high unemployment. so for us it was just like, stay with my uncle in a shitty little half-abandoned town so we'd have outdoor space and not be trapped in philadelphia with smothering heat. it wasn't a uh, 'destination' the way i largely understand it to be used by people who spend time in the nicer parts of it.

    yeah, my impression was that it was hamptons-adjacent in intent but I only went there to see longhaul truck depots and light manufacturing bullshit so idk where any of the good parts were.

  • cptruggedcptrugged Aim For The Top! Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Urg. Chat medical folks, can I get an opinion on this doctor interaction? I kind of feel like an asshole and I'm not sure if that's warranted or not. It's a bit long.
    Background in the spoiler if you want.
    I have been unhappy with my primary care doc for a while. He doesn't seem to understand the concept of "acceptable side effects"; if I tell him I know I got my meds in because the side effects kicked in, he thinks that's a complaint to change meds. Even if I explicitly tell him otherwise! Also a little more lecturey than I like on weight and diet stuff. The worst part, though, is he never seemed to keep or check notes. He would mention wanting to order tests, then never do it. Or we would cover the same thing multiple times in different visits, not as a "how's that doing?" but as a "oh you're having that?"

    The worst part though, is there is something wrong with my left hip. He initially diagnosed it as bursitis. Then it became arthritis in other visits, despite never mentioning why he thought the change? And the symptoms being on one hip but the arthritis is in both. Any time I'd ask for stronger than OTC anti inflammatories, he would dither and be very concerned about side effects. He announced he was going to be moving to another practice recently, and I had decided not to follow him for these reasons, but hadn't said anything.
    About a month ago I had a flare that had me basically unable to walk, because it hurt so bad. I ended up in the ER. I saw the old doc again because the new wasn't available. When I mentioned the pain was a little less he was "So what do you want to talk about?" and I just sort of boggled. At the end of the appointment, he said he had concerns for a few autoimmune issues, but it was probably sciatica or a pinched nerve. And was once again a pain in the ass about pain meds.

    In the referral to the rheumatologist he wrote this
    ...Please evaluate this very nice transgender woman...

    I replied
    Was it strictly needed to out me in your referral note to the rheumatologist. What about the fact that I am trans is relevant here.

    And he apologized, in a sincere but incredibly profuse and over the top manner. I kinda felt like I had to explain that this wasn't the reason I wasn't going to be seeing him, since I didn't want him to get the wrong impression? This is what I wrote
    For me it's not a huge deal. But it is rude, and other patients might be hurt more by it.

    There is nothing that needs to be done about this one. Just don't do it to other patients without asking. I wasn't planning on continuing care with you anyway since you have been extremely difficult to work with..you don't consult notes about my health from visit to visit so we end up covering the same things over and over, I feel like I can't ask you for pain management, the last visit I'd been in the ER for pain and since the pain was less you were very dismissive at first.

    But after sending another apology note saying he thanked me for the feedback, he retired. Was planning to move to another practice, now he's just quitting. I feel like I may have overdone it? Was I an asshole here?

    I think that was a perfectly reasonable interaction on your end. I definitely don't think you the asshole. You explained your point without any obvious malice. You were just explaining your interactions with his service and they were unsatisfactory. Ain't nothing wrong with that. And I think what you said out passive outing like that was also completely reasonable.

    You were a reasonable adult here. No doubt.

    spool32amateurhourcredeikiKanaRhesus PositiveElldrenMrMister
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong For Workgroups Version 3.11 Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Urg. Chat medical folks, can I get an opinion on this doctor interaction? I kind of feel like an asshole and I'm not sure if that's warranted or not. It's a bit long.
    Background in the spoiler if you want.
    I have been unhappy with my primary care doc for a while. He doesn't seem to understand the concept of "acceptable side effects"; if I tell him I know I got my meds in because the side effects kicked in, he thinks that's a complaint to change meds. Even if I explicitly tell him otherwise! Also a little more lecturey than I like on weight and diet stuff. The worst part, though, is he never seemed to keep or check notes. He would mention wanting to order tests, then never do it. Or we would cover the same thing multiple times in different visits, not as a "how's that doing?" but as a "oh you're having that?"

    The worst part though, is there is something wrong with my left hip. He initially diagnosed it as bursitis. Then it became arthritis in other visits, despite never mentioning why he thought the change? And the symptoms being on one hip but the arthritis is in both. Any time I'd ask for stronger than OTC anti inflammatories, he would dither and be very concerned about side effects. He announced he was going to be moving to another practice recently, and I had decided not to follow him for these reasons, but hadn't said anything.
    About a month ago I had a flare that had me basically unable to walk, because it hurt so bad. I ended up in the ER. I saw the old doc again because the new wasn't available. When I mentioned the pain was a little less he was "So what do you want to talk about?" and I just sort of boggled. At the end of the appointment, he said he had concerns for a few autoimmune issues, but it was probably sciatica or a pinched nerve. And was once again a pain in the ass about pain meds.

    In the referral to the rheumatologist he wrote this
    ...Please evaluate this very nice transgender woman...

    I replied
    Was it strictly needed to out me in your referral note to the rheumatologist. What about the fact that I am trans is relevant here.

    And he apologized, in a sincere but incredibly profuse and over the top manner. I kinda felt like I had to explain that this wasn't the reason I wasn't going to be seeing him, since I didn't want him to get the wrong impression? This is what I wrote
    For me it's not a huge deal. But it is rude, and other patients might be hurt more by it.

    There is nothing that needs to be done about this one. Just don't do it to other patients without asking. I wasn't planning on continuing care with you anyway since you have been extremely difficult to work with..you don't consult notes about my health from visit to visit so we end up covering the same things over and over, I feel like I can't ask you for pain management, the last visit I'd been in the ER for pain and since the pain was less you were very dismissive at first.

    But after sending another apology note saying he thanked me for the feedback, he retired. Was planning to move to another practice, now he's just quitting. I feel like I may have overdone it? Was I an asshole here?

    I doubt this person is crying in their million dollar home too much. Also I doubt they retired because of your email.

    If anything I bet the apologies being so effusive and over the top was related to the already pending retirement. Feeling relaxed, magnanimous, wanting to go out on a positive note.

    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I don't think Boston even likes Boston

    you're kinda relentlessly shitty about boston. it's where I live and I like it.

    Everyone’s relentlessly shitty about someone’s hometown here in chat.

    If anybody here is from Fayetteville North Carolina I am sorry

    sorry that you live there

    since it's a little too big to inline this is me every time i remember that place
    https://media.tenor.com/images/507a960d092d49c3d1a14b321fc614f9/tenor.gif

    Bless your heart.
  • KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    the real problem with boston drivers is they are so traumatized by the crucible in which they are formed it leaves them completely unsuited to drive anywhere else

    so boston drivers are the fremen of the world, you say

    Chanus
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Urg. Chat medical folks, can I get an opinion on this doctor interaction? I kind of feel like an asshole and I'm not sure if that's warranted or not. It's a bit long.
    Background in the spoiler if you want.
    I have been unhappy with my primary care doc for a while. He doesn't seem to understand the concept of "acceptable side effects"; if I tell him I know I got my meds in because the side effects kicked in, he thinks that's a complaint to change meds. Even if I explicitly tell him otherwise! Also a little more lecturey than I like on weight and diet stuff. The worst part, though, is he never seemed to keep or check notes. He would mention wanting to order tests, then never do it. Or we would cover the same thing multiple times in different visits, not as a "how's that doing?" but as a "oh you're having that?"

    The worst part though, is there is something wrong with my left hip. He initially diagnosed it as bursitis. Then it became arthritis in other visits, despite never mentioning why he thought the change? And the symptoms being on one hip but the arthritis is in both. Any time I'd ask for stronger than OTC anti inflammatories, he would dither and be very concerned about side effects. He announced he was going to be moving to another practice recently, and I had decided not to follow him for these reasons, but hadn't said anything.
    About a month ago I had a flare that had me basically unable to walk, because it hurt so bad. I ended up in the ER. I saw the old doc again because the new wasn't available. When I mentioned the pain was a little less he was "So what do you want to talk about?" and I just sort of boggled. At the end of the appointment, he said he had concerns for a few autoimmune issues, but it was probably sciatica or a pinched nerve. And was once again a pain in the ass about pain meds.

    In the referral to the rheumatologist he wrote this
    ...Please evaluate this very nice transgender woman...

    I replied
    Was it strictly needed to out me in your referral note to the rheumatologist. What about the fact that I am trans is relevant here.

    And he apologized, in a sincere but incredibly profuse and over the top manner. I kinda felt like I had to explain that this wasn't the reason I wasn't going to be seeing him, since I didn't want him to get the wrong impression? This is what I wrote
    For me it's not a huge deal. But it is rude, and other patients might be hurt more by it.

    There is nothing that needs to be done about this one. Just don't do it to other patients without asking. I wasn't planning on continuing care with you anyway since you have been extremely difficult to work with..you don't consult notes about my health from visit to visit so we end up covering the same things over and over, I feel like I can't ask you for pain management, the last visit I'd been in the ER for pain and since the pain was less you were very dismissive at first.

    But after sending another apology note saying he thanked me for the feedback, he retired. Was planning to move to another practice, now he's just quitting. I feel like I may have overdone it? Was I an asshole here?

    You did not cause this doctor to retire or do anything wrong

    Likely his issues were due to being a tired, old-ass doctor who wanted to retire. Or maybe he always sucked as a doctor

    If your doctor sucks and your insurance allows (AND you have enough doctors around), you can and should shop around until you find someone you like

    spool32credeikiKanaElldren
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Phoenix, if your super power is to get people to retire early, do you work internationally?

    Phoenix-DbloodyroarxxthatassemblyguyRhesus Positive
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    driving in downtown philly is pretty alright. honestly not much worse than like, 'main street' in most small-mid size american cities.

    driving in high density urban neighborhoods like south philly, tho... haha. if you don't live there, it's really shocking for people to encounter the absolute ubiquity of double parking. people will double park for an hour, for two hours, for six hours. sometimes when you combine that with areas that get a lot of commercial deliveries (like the delis and restaurants near the italian market), you'll see triple parking where the road is just blocked for a couple minutes. i've never been to a city in my life that is like philly in this way.

  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I knew I picked the right clip for people to go wtf I thought they were a joke band holy shit

    How?
    How?
    How?
    How?

    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    Sleepspool32
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    People tend to suck at their jobs when they don’t want to do them anymore, doctors are not an exception

  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment The purity of angry tambourine. Registered User regular
    edited July 29
    spool32 wrote: »
    I knew I picked the right clip for people to go wtf I thought they were a joke band holy shit

    Oh no, like, I never thought they were a joke band I just couldn't associate any particular tune with them

    Aside from the aforementioned Sharp Dressed Man which fuckin' slaps

    SummaryJudgment on
    Because survival is insufficient.
    Solomaxwell6spool32
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    If a road has more than 4 lanes here it's a hassle

This discussion has been closed.