As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Lego] Thread

19495969798100»

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Mine just shipped!!! I can't wait to build the set.

Also I'd recommend to wait till August 1 to order anything big (aka $200) since there is a rumored Gift With Purchase of an Ideas Sailboat for purchases of $200 or more. VIPs get access to it from August 1-3 then goes live for everyone else on the 4th. Well that is if you wanted a chance to get the sailboat.
    https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-ideas-sailboat-adventure-40487-official-images/

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Okay, I spent over $500, but I have all the current space sets and the '66 Batmobile. I want to tear them all down, and my mom and daughter don't understand that. I mean... how can I reassemble them if I don't?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    There's no wishlisting upcoming products on Lego.com?

They're releasing a new space shuttle set in August and I know I'll forget about it.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular

They're releasing a new space shuttle set in August and I know I'll forget about it.

I'm sure we will have it covered here in the thread.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options

You can wishlist stuff. Log in there should be a blank heart on the page. On mobile it is right next to the Add it Bag button.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

You can wishlist stuff. Log in there should be a blank heart on the page. On mobile it is right next to the Add it Bag button.

I assume then it's only for stuff that's been released.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Speaking of, roses back in stock.

• Options

I assume then it's only for stuff that's been released.

Nope it works for "Coming Soon" as well. I know since I added a ton of the August 1 releases to my wishlist. Just look for the heart on the page and click it to add.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Oh neat. The Birds of Paradise I forgot I preordered way back are shipping soon.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    The Forge from The Mandalorian is up for pre-order.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/the-armorer-s-mandalorian-forge-75319

I now have 5 boxes inbound from Lego. All the pre-ordered August 1 stuff.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Uhhhh. My dad just asked me how much the big Millennium Falcon costs. I told him and he was like, want to go halfsies. And I was like, it would take up the entire dinning room table, and he was like, so?

I told him to look at the dimensions. I'd love to build that thing but the physical size of it is very intimidating.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Uhhhh. My dad just asked me how much the big Millennium Falcon costs. I told him and he was like, want to go halfsies. And I was like, it would take up the entire dinning room table, and he was like, so?

I told him to look at the dimensions. I'd love to build that thing but the physical size of it is very intimidating.

Its totally worth it. Its a fantastic set to put together.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

Don't let fear rule you.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »

Its totally worth it. Its a fantastic set to put together.

It was my winter project (can't do shit in Chicago winters during a pandemic with a pregnant wife).

It was a really fun build.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

It doesn't take up the entire dining room table. It becomes the new dining room table.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options

You build it and then you avail yourself of the Etsy cottage industry of people who make plexiglass encased tables that go over it which turns it into....a new table for the house!

Win win win situation here.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    I bought this stand to display it and not take up a huge flat area. This will be the biggest set I'll ever buy.*
    https://shop.kingdombricksupply.com/collections/idisplayit-display-stands/products/2-in-1-display-stand-for-75192-ucs-millennium-falcon-mark-2

*Till Lego makes a cooler set that I'll have to buy.

Edit: I went with that stand after researching the heck out of stands (both buildable and acrylic) last year. Most of the acrylic stands out there had you remove the landing gear and I didn't want to have those pieces get lost. The buildable instructions out there were cool, but again I had to remove the landing gear and honestly I didn't trust Lego pieces to support the weight of the Falcon for years. Plus the Lego stores themselves had the Falcon on an acrylic stand and it looked really good.

The UCS Falcon was the most awesome and fun build I did. Plus it has a big sentimental value to me. I bought it when it first came out for pre-order and sat in my house getting moved around for years since I didn't have the room to display it. At one point I thought of building or buying a table to make it into a coffee table display. Then my Dad passed away and suddenly I decided that I would build it since he would joke about building it. Took me a few weeks since I built it while sitting on my bed so my dog could sleep supervise me and make sure I wasn't screwing up. It was fun using a TV table, the Falcon's own box, and the inner boxes to support the manual and various pieces I was working on. But yeah, it is so worth it in my opinion. The thing looks like something Lego would use as a movie prop.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Of course it is out of stock right now.

• Options
    Here's my UCS Millennium Falcon Story.

In 2007 I graduated college and started work as an RN at a hospital in Minnesota. That summer I went with a very pretty girl who I thought was very out of my league to the Mall of America for a date. We did some shopping and ended up at Lego Land.

And there it was. 10179 Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon, released that summer. It was beautiful.

For the first time in my life I had a job, money, and could actually afford it.

But I didn't, because I didn't want to look like childish or lame in front of her.

Of course it immediately sold out and the after market price was fucking insane.

Didn't get another crack at it until ten goddamn years later when the 75192 Millennium Falcon came out and I pre-ordered that bastard immediately.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

I'm sure you want all those VIP points, but there are other retailers that have it in stock at msrp if you don't want to wait.

• Options
    Ketar wrote: »

I'm sure you want all those VIP points, but there are other retailers that have it in stock at msrp if you don't want to wait.

Yeah that would be A LOT of vip points.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

In 2007 I graduated college and started work as an RN at a hospital in Minnesota. That summer I went with a very pretty girl who I thought was very out of my league to the Mall of America for a date. We did some shopping and ended up at Lego Land.

And there it was. 10179 Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon, released that summer. It was beautiful.

But I didn't, because I didn't want to look like childish or lame in front of her.

Of course it immediately sold out and the after market price was fucking insane.

Didn't get another crack at it until ten goddamn years later when the 75192 Millennium Falcon came out and I pre-ordered that bastard immediately.
    I'm sorry for sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, but I'm extremely invested in this story now: did things work out with the girl?

(Obvs don't answer if you don't want to.)

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Lego is doing a marvel advent calendar.

It features a lot of fun minifigs in sweaters.

It also comes with a full infinity gauntlet and all it's gems, which means this may be the cheapest way to get all of them! Previously you needed 6 different infinity war sets, or 2-3 endgame sets, I forget which. I think 2. And in both cases, the gauntlet itself was in an expensive set.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Athenor wrote: »
    Lego is doing a marvel advent calendar.

It features a lot of fun minifigs in sweaters.

It also comes with a full infinity gauntlet and all it's gems, which means this may be the cheapest way to get all of them! Previously you needed 6 different infinity war sets, or 2-3 endgame sets, I forget which. I think 2. And in both cases, the gauntlet itself was in an expensive set.

Yeah I might get that one. Especially since the Star Wars ones tend to get stale after a few. There are only so many tiny X-Wings they can make.

Also I think two of the days have pieces that are compatible with the two Hall of Armor sets.
    There is a gift wrapping station and a wreath which really look like the can be connected to the Hall sets. They have a very similar design.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    They got in the blacksmith ideas set as well as the vader's meditation chamber and the probe droid at work I am seriously tempted to get all three but it means I have to mule all three home

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    do you get employee discounts on Lego?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    All the new Lego sets are available now for general public and the site is queued. I picked up Armored Marauder (needed more baddies), the Mandalorian forge, and the Bro Thor sets.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    They got in the blacksmith ideas set as well as the vader's meditation chamber and the probe droid at work I am seriously tempted to get all three but it means I have to mule all three home

I really hope that means something different than what I'm thinking.

If not, uhh, make sure to stretch first at least

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    All the new Lego sets are available now for general public and the site is queued. I picked up Armored Marauder (needed more baddies), the Mandalorian forge, and the Bro Thor sets.

Let me know if your order worked. I have tried three different orders with the Forge and all three never went through.

Picked up a bunch of the new stuff and the sailboat. Fish Tank is already backordered. Surprised the castle isn't.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular

Let me know if your order worked. I have tried three different orders with the Forge and all three never went through.

Picked up a bunch of the new stuff and the sailboat. Fish Tank is already backordered. Surprised the castle isn't.

Order doesn't show on website and haven't gotten email but they did charge my card.

• Options

Order doesn't show on website and haven't gotten email but they did charge my card.

Yeah, I had the same thing. I'm thinking that the Forge is broken somehow. The second CS rep we chatted with online said they would alert their web team to check out when they return to work on Monday.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Delduwath wrote: »

I'm sorry for sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, but I'm extremely invested in this story now: did things work out with the girl?

It absolutely did not for many many non-Lego related reasons!

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »

It absolutely did not for many many non-Lego related reasons!
    :sad:

• Options
    RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    Ordered the Seinfeld set, Bro Thor's New Asgard, Iron Monger, and the Mandalorian Forge sets. Picked up the GWP Sailboat and Shang-Chi polybag.

Depending on how things pan out by Tuesday with my VIP Points, I may have enough for a $50 coupon and might pick up some more things like the Creator Castle, Creator Ferris Wheel, Moff Gideon's Imperial Cruiser, and/or the Guardians's Benatar ship.

Just so much to buy! Damn you, Lego!

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

I really hope that means something different than what I'm thinking.

If not, uhh, make sure to stretch first at least

I walk or ride a bike so to mule it is the term of hauling goods via backpack

I do get a discount

• Options
    RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
This discussion has been closed.