Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Books Full o' Comics - New Comics for 1/30/08

13»

Posts

  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    NOV072136 AVENGERS INITIATIVE #9 $2.99
    NOV072137 CAPTAIN AMERICA #34 $2.99
    NOV072165 MIGHTY AVENGERS #8 $2.99
    NOV072166 NEW AVENGERS ANNUAL #2 $3.99
    OCT073296 BLACK SUMMER #5 (OF 7) (MR) $2.99

    DarkPrimus on
    wpyz0Y5.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    DMAC wrote: »
    Wildcat wrote: »
    IMAGE COMICS

    SEP072008 SUBURBAN GLAMOUR #3 (OF 4) $3.50

    How is this? I remember thinking the art in a preview I saw looked interesting but then I forgot all about it.

    I really liked the first issue, though my LCS managed to not get issue 2 therefore I can't really say how the story is progressing. There are a couple of previews on McKelvie's blog, if that's any help.

    Wildcat on
  • Bob The MonkeyBob The Monkey Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    itt zombieasuma is a fuckwad

    Bob The Monkey on
  • mugginnsmugginns Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    NOV070187 BATMAN #673 $2.99

    Not a huge week for me

    mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    NOV072209 YOUNG AVENGERS HC $29.99

    Hello now what's this

    Is this the whole thing? Because that would be super-nice

    SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

    PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

    AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    According to Amazon it collects 1-12 and the YA Special one-shot.

    Munch on
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Awesome

    SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

    PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

    AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User
    edited January 2008
    Was that the one-shot that showed all the characters' origins?

    ZombieAsuma on
  • DMACDMAC Moderator mod
    edited January 2008
    Wildcat wrote: »
    DMAC wrote: »
    Wildcat wrote: »
    IMAGE COMICS

    SEP072008 SUBURBAN GLAMOUR #3 (OF 4) $3.50

    How is this? I remember thinking the art in a preview I saw looked interesting but then I forgot all about it.

    I really liked the first issue, though my LCS managed to not get issue 2 therefore I can't really say how the story is progressing. There are a couple of previews on McKelvie's blog, if that's any help.

    Hmmm. I'll have to see if my shop has any of the issues. Thanks.

    DMAC on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Wait, Black Summer STILL isn't done?

    Is the art at least not eye gouging?

    The Muffin Man on
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Munch wrote: »
    According to Amazon it collects 1-12 and the YA Special one-shot.

    Oh god I think I may have to buy this, damn you marvel, damn you!

    smokmnky on
  • SASA Registered User
    edited January 2008
    Wow there sure are alot of LOST mentions in Marvel this week.

    SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • DMACDMAC Moderator mod
    edited January 2008
    SA wrote: »
    Wow there sure are alot of LOST mentions in Marvel this week.

    Yeah, it's a planned product placement/promotion thing. I like Lost and I like comics but I can't say I'm a big fan of this sort of marketing. :?

    DMAC on
  • SASA Registered User
    edited January 2008
    Meh I just saw the Oceanic logo like twice and "find815.com" written on a sticky note.

    So it wasn't a big deal.

    Just as long as its a rarity and doesn't become super obnoxious.

    SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    USM, Green Lantern, and maybe Captain America.

    Me Too! on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Okay there's a 616 version of Geldoff now, there needs to be a 616 Kong to be Pete's buddy

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Batman was mad good today.

    Does anyone know if Grant Morrison wrote the Bruce Wayne Nanda Parbat stuff in 52? Do the roots of this "event" go back so far?

    Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • SASA Registered User
    edited January 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Okay there's a 616 version of Geldoff now, there needs to be a 616 Kong to be Pete's buddy

    Hm? Where?

    Also, did anybody pick up that Spider-Man mini yesterday? I want to know if it was any good.

    SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Zeromus wrote: »
    Batman was mad good today.

    "I'm Batman. I protect people by going out and beating up other people"

    Bloods End on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    SA wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Okay there's a 616 version of Geldoff now, there needs to be a 616 Kong to be Pete's buddy

    Hm? Where?

    He was one of the new Initiative kids being trained by Taskmaster in the newest issue

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SASA Registered User
    edited January 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    SA wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Okay there's a 616 version of Geldoff now, there needs to be a 616 Kong to be Pete's buddy

    Hm? Where?

    He was one of the new Initiative kids being trained by Taskmaster in the newest issue

    Guess I gotta go back and reread that one before I bag and board it.

    SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    OCT073296 BLACK SUMMER #5 (OF 7) (MR) $2.99

    Avatar said something got screwed at the printers, so that is why it is so late. I guess they had to reprint every issue or something.

    DouglasDanger on
    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User
    edited February 2008
    So here's my final actual haul for what I ended up buying at the comic book shop today (I actually went to two shops to help find everything).

    New Avengers Annual #2, Batman #672-673, Countdown: Arena #4, Avengers: Initiative #8-9, Death of the New Gods #5, Superman/Batman #44, Mighty Avengers #8, Suicide Squad: Raise the Flag #2-4, Young Avengers: Patriot, Countdown #13, Green Lantern #27, Captain America #34, Action Comics #861, Countdown to Mystery #4-5, Thunderbolts #118, Checkmate #21-22, Black Adam: Dark Age #6, Immortal Iron Fist 4-6 & 8-12, Immortal Iron Fist Annual.

    Yeah I think its a pretty sweet haul. My roommate and I also pitched in together and got the entire DC Armory Line. I think I like the Nightwing & Flamebird ones best.

    ZombieAsuma on
  • HayasaHayasa Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Hey guys.

    My interest in comics is waning, now that She-Hulk is much less funny (I did not sleep with Juggernaut!) and Ant-Man finished its run

    I'm getting Ms Marvel, New Avengers, and I think 2 more issues of Iron Man to get through. Any more recommendations for `teh funy'? Oh, and Deadpool doesn't do much for me.

    Hayasa on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Ultimate Spider-Man

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Blue Beetle

    Garlic Bread on
    jhvudn9gtqri.jpg
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Yes, that.

    Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Hayasa wrote: »
    Hey guys.

    My interest in comics is waning, now that She-Hulk is much less funny (I did not sleep with Juggernaut!) and Ant-Man finished its run

    I'm getting Ms Marvel, New Avengers, and I think 2 more issues of Iron Man to get through. Any more recommendations for `teh funy'? Oh, and Deadpool doesn't do much for me.

    The current Howard the Duck mini is pretty funny, Ambush Bug has a mini-series coming up that'll be funny, Ant-Man's appearing in Avengers: Initiative and has retained most of his humor and personality despite the change in writers, Mighty Avengers is often hilarious thanks to Ares, Blue Beetle's usually kind of funny, The All New Atom is a lighthearted kind of book, Booster Gold's usually very witty, The Spirit has a comedic tone most of the time, The Flash is more charming than funny, but it's still evokes a grin pretty often, X-Men First Class is good comedy/action stuff, and Punisher War Journal's basically a black humor book half the time.

    Really, there's not a whole lot of pure comedy books out nowadays, but there's a lot of books that blend humor with action to pretty great effect. Generally speaking, anything by Dan Slott, Gail Simone, Jeff Parker, Fred Van Lente, Matt Fraction, Geoff Johns, or Brian Bendis tends to have at least a little humor in it, due to how they handle characters and dialogue.

    Munch on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Astonishing X-Men is often hilarious.

    Mai-Kero on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Yes but there's only the Giant-Size left before the Whedon/Cassady run is over

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    All-Star Batman and Robin is pretty hysterical.

    Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
13»
Sign In or Register to comment.