As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [GIF] thread is mourning Stephen Wilhite by arguing about pronunciation (nsf56k)

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Skeith wrote: »
    Sound. Wait for it.

ew1559czjjcn.gif

chamberlain on
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Okay, Todd, calm down.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Young squirrels you find this time of year are cute in their getting used to movements, but makes cycling a coin flip if they will run to the tree next to them or dash across the bike path to some random bush through your high speed bike.

VRXwDW7.png
  • AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    I've been practicing that one for weeks. I'll have the bails compilation out soon.

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Some call the Peds ward that kid is SIIIIIICK

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I'll be honest, I'm a little concerned about the way mom's ankle folded when she went up on the rail

• WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Okay, Todd, calm down.

In the m-m-minds of the m-m-main mattering men the slow-down before the speed-up will add to the art of this artifice! *snif*

In my head Todd started sounding like an older, drug-addled Morty, now.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    I'll be honest, I'm a little concerned about the way mom's ankle folded when she went up on the rail

Probably don't have their boots laced up all the way properly.

My experience is with Figure Skating, but the point of having really tight boots that are laced up past the ankles is that it locks the ankle so you don't get that kind of twisting motion. This is super important when you are skating on your edges and the like, as it transfers the loads past the ankle and to the leg. I remember seeing years back that they had boots that could flex forward and back, but I don't know if those are still in vogue or not.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Sound

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    hey here's a question I probably figured out a long time ago

when a "gif" has sound, is there any way to play it in the actual forum embedding? I just usually click on the thing and enable the voice on imgur

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Right click, select 'unmute'

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I... don't have that

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    I... don't have that

For me it's right click, show controls then hit the unmute on the video

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
    edited August 2021
    Right click, show controls, click the sound icon?
    edit: That reply totally wasn't there when I wrote this.

klemming on
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Botznoy wrote: »
    I... don't have that

For me it's right click, show controls then hit the unmute on the video

Yeah, if you're using Chrome/Edge, you'll have to do this. Firefox has an unmute option in the context menu.

I use a Chrome extension that shows the video controls whenever you mouse over a GIF.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/always-show-html5-video-c/olapbecfjokjlmkkdldjfmdolkkadebm

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    Sound

and she was never seen again

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Someone will definitely add the Skyrim opening to that.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    alternately or in addition to the dark souls "you died"

BahamutZERO.gif
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    holy shit that's super dangerous

ikbUJdU.jpg
    How so? Honestly, I'm from the desert, I am fully prepared to believe that's dangerous, I just don't know exactly how.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    How so? Honestly, I'm from the desert, I am fully prepared to believe that's dangerous, I just don't know exactly how.

You go through it on the way down, you can't get back through it on the way up.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    Wait, did they sink all the way up to the phone there? I thought their feet just got stuck and they plopped forward!

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I figured it was like, a layer of grime and mud on top of the water, and not an actual standable surface, but I'm not sure.

I think she probably just slipped and fell because river mud is slippery as heck
    the mud might also be very soft but it's not like quicksand

BahamutZERO.gif
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    It looks like previously submerged sand that's been exposed to the air from the lake receding, meaning its probably super saturated with water and extremely muddy so jumping onto it like it was a solid surface wouldn't work all that well.

• RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    They say all that was left visible above the sand was a single hand, clutching her phone in a claw-like death-grip.

humans are less dense than supersaturated sand so we actually float above the surface of it

BahamutZERO.gif
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    humans are less dense than supersaturated sand so we actually float above the surface of it

I know a few humans who are pretty dense.

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Once she gets out, she'll have to deal with the flame spurts and the ROUSes

BLM - ACAB
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    Once she gets out, she'll have to deal with the flame spurts and the ROUSes

The rodents of unusual size? I don't believe they exist.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    heart of a champion

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    For a split-second I thought that sound was a seagull about to swoop.

sig.gif
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    "It's cheating to use water bending, Chad"

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    giphy.gif

BLM - ACAB