As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Escape Velocity

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2021 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Escape Velocity

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    For those not in the know, Kill Team is some Warhammer 40k nonsense. Gabe's response is reasonable and correct.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Given that Gabe has fallen down the proverbial rabbit hole with regard to obsessing over Gunpla models, I'm not so sure he's got any sort of leg to stand on here.

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Maybe Tycho should have talked about those

• Options
    BropocalypseBropocalypse Registered User regular
    That ejector seat probably sees a lot of use

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    God what I wouldn't give for an ejector seat when my in laws are visiting.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Or at holiday family events.

• Options
    Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Given that Gabe has fallen down the proverbial rabbit hole with regard to obsessing over Gunpla models, I'm not so sure he's got any sort of leg to stand on here.

The difference is that Gunpla are cool and obsessing over them is inherently noble and righteous. Same goes for his latest obsession, Digimon.

• Options
    ironheadironhead Registered User regular

The difference is that Gunpla are cool and obsessing over them is inherently noble and righteous. Same goes for his latest obsession, Digimon.

Chad: My awesome obsessions.
    Virgin: Your lame obsessions.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    What if. Kill Team, but played with gunpla models

Bropocalypse on
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    Or at holiday family events.
    Thanksgiving would have a race to get to the ejection seat in every household.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I love that he has a seatbelt and helmet. Because god forbid he falls off his couch cushion once he's in the lower atmosphere. Safety first!

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited August 2021

The difference for Gabe (the character) is that he doesn't like math in games, unless it's something that gets his kids learning math (see the comic where Gabe Jr is learning MTG). They did a comic where he said what he loved about Gunpla is that it scratched the art-hobby itch miniature games did, without the gameplay he didn't enjoy.

For the record, I think both are cool.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular

Those are in 40k. They are called Tau

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »

This can't be true. Off the top of my head people have told me 40k has Space Nazis, Zerg, Space Nazi Elves, Illithids from the Chaos Dimension, and Space Kobolds

I feel like I would've remembered Anime Robot Fighters. (Those are in RIFTS)

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Ringo wrote: »
    Moridin889 wrote: »

This can't be true. Off the top of my head people have told me 40k has Space Nazis, Zerg, Space Nazi Elves, Illithids from the Chaos Dimension, and Space Kobolds

I feel like I would've remembered Anime Robot Fighters. (Those are in RIFTS)

Well, that's because the Tau robots aren't very cool looking, so it's sorta whatever

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Tau Battlesuits are less like Gundam and more like the mini-mecha in Exosquad or a Masamune Shirow series like Appleseed. They also have more traditionally-sized mecha, but those retain the same aesthetics as the battlesuits.
    7yt1kn21rcch.jpg

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png