As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Probably playing my first game of 3.0 tomorrow as well! I'll be taking Kruleboyz for a test drive.

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I've played a couple of games of 3.0 now, it's fun! But I'd definitely recommend starting at 1k points or less, it took us, like, 4 hours to get through a 2k game, all the different things to remember do add up!

• R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    I, meanwhile, have successfully assembled and basecoated one (1) Annihilator! Stupid adulthood.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Post first 3.0 game:

Being able to easily heal heroes is pretty wild, it makes fights take a lot longer. Yndrasta was basically unkillable.

Annihilators are total beefcakes, especially when paired with the Knight Vexillor's ability to let them deep strike at 7" instead of 9", coupled with rerolling charges and handing out mortals the entire time.

Vindicators seem plain better than every other Stormcast troop choice. Actually moving them is a huge pain in the ass though, they are Barrel of Monkeys models.

Being able to cast Divine Bolt and hang onto it is fun.

I think I'm gonna sell my Kruleboyz instead of building them.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    How many jezzails is a good amount for my Skaven? I have enough 3rd party parts to make 9.

Also thinking of buying some Stormvermin and Hellpit Abominations since I absolutely love those models but do Hellpit Abominations work outside of a Moulder heavy list?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Reading the 3rd Ed. Core book and the world setting description stuff is in depth on a par with many RPGs. If they ever fancied resurrecting a Mordheim style game then they’ve plenty enough to go on in the slums of the city of Hammerhall. It’s pretty much a fantasy Necromunda.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    How many jezzails is a good amount for my Skaven? I have enough 3rd party parts to make 9.

Also thinking of buying some Stormvermin and Hellpit Abominations since I absolutely love those models but do Hellpit Abominations work outside of a Moulder heavy list?

9 is probably more than enough, I can't remember if they're battleline in Skyre or not, but if not 6 is the max unit size anyway.

HPA suffers with having a 5+ save and random movement, but the new monstrous actions and mutations from Kragnos do give it a bit more impact, tossing one in on top of an otherwise solid list won't hurt too much.
    Reading the 3rd Ed. Core book and the world setting description stuff is in depth on a par with many RPGs. If they ever fancied resurrecting a Mordheim style game then they’ve plenty enough to go on in the slums of the city of Hammerhall. It’s pretty much a fantasy Necromunda.

I guess Warcry is as far as they're willing to go down the Mordheim route these days. The second AoS warhammer quest game also had a lot of fun background on Hammerhal.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular

Soulbound, which is Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay but AoS, goes into quite a bit of detail about the Mortal Realms.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    I went to my local GW yesterday and got my son the Battle Honors book. He really started back in December but really is the perfect age to get excited about earning stamps and the little bits of swag. He really wants to play a game on the store tables so I'm taking a day off of work this week so we can play a game of Warcry before school starts back up.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »

Soulbound, which is Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay but AoS, goes into quite a bit of detail about the Mortal Realms.

I didn’t even know that was a thing! You’d think they’d mention it occasionally on WarCom.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    WHF RP is also still a published thing and they don't mention that either, all the ttrpg stuff is licenced off to other companies so I guess they don't want to advertise for then.

Soulbound is really solid though, lots of great lore and your character feels like a real over the top AoS powerhouse.

Damn, knew I shouldn't have hesitated. Finally decided to get a hellpit abomination after help from the thread and stormvermin but the stormvermin sold out.

Hopefully it doesn't take long to come back in stock.

I did manage to grab a Warpgnaw Verminlord from forge world though, finally got back in stock. Haven't ordered anything from forge world since like 2011 though.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Y'all want more Stormcast Eternal units?

How about ones riding dragons?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/02/even-more-dragons-are-coming-to-the-age-of-sigmar-and-now-theyve-got-riders/

6mgog8gr0w2c.jpg

I get Stormcast are popular but looking at the GW website they have 66 entries before all these new units.

Fyreslayers have 16....

SharpyVII on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I know the Stormcast get all the neat stuff but still I am curious about Tyrion if he comes out would it be with a dragon like Teclis and Celennar or his army has them?
    I had a thought since Malerion is still unknown whatever his army is it would be neat to have Driders

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    SharpyVII wrote: »
    I get Stormcast are popular but looking at the GW website they have 66 entries before all these new units.

Fyreslayers have 16....

Ironjawz have nine. :rotate:

Yeah, I get grumpy over this every now and then. I get that they want their poster boys, but when they launched AoS they really squandered a good opportunity to try to establish a bit more balance release-wise.

Technically with the Stormkeep rules a Stormcast army has access to all the 60 odd warscrolls in Cities too!

To be fair the stormcast scroll count is inflated a little by one off heroes and such, but it is unfortunate, especially if you speak to Stormcast players and they often don't want new stuff, just for the stuff that exists to be balanced reasonably against itself!

Decent looking dragons tho, I like these more than the named princes.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The Dok have 18 but most of it are double kits so 7 really but seeing what the realm lords get does upset me The warband for the Idoneth and how it has the things the current army lacks {a lord on foot an elite on foot and animals!} I am curious if they will get any of that stuff when their army book comes out

Are stormvermin really popular now? I got an email at 4am saying they are back in stock and when I checked just now they were sold-out.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The dragon cavalry is nice...and really makes me wish it was a dragon prince on top

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Maybe there will be some later? Tyrion being all martial-focussed and all that.

On the other hand, I’m sorely tempted to paint the Knights with one bronze and two brown dragons, and the big leader in gold, and see if anyone gets it.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Are stormvermin really popular now? I got an email at 4am saying they are back in stock and when I checked just now they were sold-out.

Try clicking the email link they give you. Often directs you to a page that has them before they open up to everyone.

TheGerbil wrote: »

Try clicking the email link they give you. Often directs you to a page that has them before they open up to everyone.

I got the email at 4am and didn't see it until 10am.

Just surprised they sold-out so quickly.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »

Fyreslayers have 16....

Warhammer Community just released a sneak peak of the new Stormcast Battletome:
    d5cuhwau6r03.jpg

• KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I just realized I can't ally in Clan Skyre with my Gloomspites.

So much for having mushroomy Stormfiends

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
    Stormvermin went on sale again a few hours ago so I grabbed a bunch. Gonna use some for kitbashes into ratling gunners and warpfire throwers, just need to figure out how.

Stormvermin went on sale again a few hours ago so I grabbed a bunch. Gonna use some for kitbashes into ratling gunners and warpfire throwers, just need to figure out how.

Do you mean stormvermin or stormfiends? I'm guessing the latter in context! In which case the answer to your previous question is a resounding yes, they're very popular now, probably one of the scariest units in the game. Stormvermin, ah, not so much.

The new rumour engine reads Daughters of Khaine to me.
    87vmrg1pr7wx.jpg

Granted I'm biased, and plenty of factions enjoy spikes and drippy blood (could also be a 40k Avatar, or something dark eldar, soulblight, even Khorne...) but I've painted a lot of DoK stuff and that's where my mind went first.

If it was part of an Avatar it would probably be a raised arm with the blood coming from his eternally bleeding fist.
    avatar-of-khaine-horz-e1525667580722.jpg

Personally I think it looks too metallic to be an Eldar Avatar of Khaine. Much more DoK looking.

Do you mean stormvermin or stormfiends? I'm guessing the latter in context! In which case the answer to your previous question is a resounding yes, they're very popular now, probably one of the scariest units in the game. Stormvermin, ah, not so much.

The new rumour engine reads Daughters of Khaine to me.
    87vmrg1pr7wx.jpg

Granted I'm biased, and plenty of factions enjoy spikes and drippy blood (could also be a 40k Avatar, or something dark eldar, soulblight, even Khorne...) but I've painted a lot of DoK stuff and that's where my mind went first.

No, I meant stormvermin. They keep selling out really fast and I'm not sure why.

Fair enough, you confused me with reference to weapon teams, I assumed you were planning on using spare stormfiend arms!

Fair enough, you confused me with reference to weapon teams, I assumed you were planning on using spare stormfiend arms!

Oh, that makes sense. I can see how that caused confusion.

A majority of the time when I see kitbashes to make Skaven stuff people use stormvermin bodies buy yea, I was probably gonna use a mix of left over stormfiend bits with necron bits to make the ratling gunner and warpfire thrower.

Koreg wrote: »

They're not even in the same "grand alliance" (not that grand alliances are really still a thing). Have you ever been able to ally with factions outside your alliance?

• KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    Koreg wrote: »

They're not even in the same "grand alliance" (not that grand alliances are really still a thing). Have you ever been able to ally with factions outside your alliance?

Probably not in Sigmar times. In old Fantasy there were complex "ally charts"

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
    There were some short lived mercenary companies in one of the prior GHBs which could ally out of alliance, and Megagargants still can, kind of, but that's your lot for matched play alliance mixing.

edited August 2021
    Skaven have one of the unique positions (along with OBR) of having NO allies.

Also that GHB handbook from 2020 I want to say? With the ally chart? Skaven also couldn't form strong alliances with any faction even other skaven.

Damn skaven, they ruined skavenblight!

TheGerbil on
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    The game in the Warhammer store was a success. We played a scenario where a treasure token was in the center of the board and who ever had the treasure at the end of turn 3 won. I heavily coached my son on how to beat me but he learned a lot playing his second game of Warcry. The training wheels will be mostly off the next time we play!

Here's about all I'm willing to put on internet of my mini-necromancer. You can see he's plotting my demise from across the table.

LoWUYCQ.jpg

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    Covid is still fucking with the releases, it looks like. I think there were two books supposed to be released/up for pre-order in August.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    There’s still technically one weekend left for august preorders but yeah, not looking good for the alleged swamp Orcs and even shinier sigmarine books that were due, since they weren’t announced yesterday.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    They aren’t out this month or early September it looks like :(

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I like it in Age of Sigmar when these armies are bringing along a magical weaponized ecosystem with them to even the odds.

Sigmarite Citizen (in germanish accent): Ha ha! How are you stinky fish elves going to break into our mighty city when it is thousands of miles from the sea!
    Idoneth unleash a magical sea that lets them ride hordes of giant sea monsters through the air.
    Sigmarite CItizen: Aaargh nein!

Sigmarite Citizen: Ha ha! How are you muddy greenskins going to break into our mighty city when its walls are so big und strong!
    Orruks unleash a magical swamp that swallows the city and its people.
    Sigmarite CItizen: Why don't you go back into your muddy swamp and eat mud wiz your silly goblin friends Aaargh nein!

H9f4bVe.png
This discussion has been closed.