As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Unilateral

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2021 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Unilateral

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    I've played Uno against myself, but never tried it with a CCG before.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Today in 'Not actually the most embarrassing thing to happen in relation to the Digimon franchise this week'

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Oh gosh. This is me with DnD and wargaming and other things that would be really cool if you had people to play them with.

• Options
    Today in 'Not actually the most embarrassing thing to happen in relation to the Digimon franchise this week'

You can't just drop something like that and then not follow up, dish the goss!

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    There are going to be a lot of small-town nerds* relating to this
    Livin' in a lonely wo-o-orld
    We sat all by ourselves playing Pokéeemooon

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

The director of Digimon Tamers, Konaka (and guy behind a bunch of other well loved properties like Lain, Big O, etc) went off the deep end of the far right recently.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HeiruHeiru Registered User regular
    Signed in for the first time in eight years to say:
    This is the most relatable comic yet. I thought the digi-pet struck a chord, but dang.
    If I haven't played myself and nobody in this card game.
    One day, one day I will play against this man and it will be spectacular. A spectacular loss. On my side. I'll lose. But it'll be worth it.

3DS: 5112-3479-8738
  • Options
    The director of Digimon Tamers, Konaka (and guy behind a bunch of other well loved properties like Lain, Big O, etc) went off the deep end of the far right recently.

Well now I'm depressed. Digimon Tamers is one of my favorite anime (and sci-fi works in general).

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I'm in this photo and I don't like it.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    palidine40palidine40 Registered User regular
    We love and support your Gabe, we've all been where you are...

• Options
    ZobirisZobiris NS, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021

Well now I'm depressed. Digimon Tamers is one of my favorite anime (and sci-fi works in general).

The big takeaway I keep seeing is that "Konaka 20 years ago was really great, and Tamers was very much a large collaborative piece to which he played a part of".

Zobiris on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited August 2021

I was expecting a hard tilt into Japanese ultra-nationalism... but reading these threads it seems he want 9/11 truther, write a stage play with a monster named "political correctness" that has an attack named "cancel culture" right-ish. o_o wow. also seems he has some opinions about Covid-19 too.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    lordkadarianlordkadarian Registered User new member
    I feel him on this, I picked up some digimon cards at the US release, and I just have no one to play with in person, considering selling off my cards since I cannot really play with them :(

• Options
    I thought about getting into the TCG, but the starter decks were almost a hundred euros each at my local store. Probably for the better, I later realized that the cards would use the names and terminology from the US dub, which would be confusing for me and just… bleugh. I watched about thirty seconds of the dubbed version and it made me want to set myself on fire.

• Options
    LtPowersLtPowers Registered User regular
    Jerry dissing Cy-Kill might be the last straw for me.

Powers &8^]

• Options
    Armored ChocoboArmored Chocobo Registered User regular
    I played a lot of solo pokemon and yugioh as a kid....

• Options

If you lose to yourself at Yu-Gi-Oh, does only half of you get sent into the Shadow Realm?

• Options
    T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    I wasn't even aware Digimon had a card game. I thought it was mainly the animes, video games some cool figures and those Tamagachi things.

• Options
    Armored ChocoboArmored Chocobo Registered User regular

If you lose to yourself at Yu-Gi-Oh, does only half of you get sent into the Shadow Realm?

Everytime I did it I lost half of that half.