As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

youtube sucks, post internet videos here

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    AOL having over a hundred thousand followers on Twitter seems like one of those weird flukes where two historical eras overlap, like Picasso outliving Jimi Hendrix.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I wonder how much by percentage of weight most landfills are comprised of America online free trial disks

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    facetious wrote: »
    oh my god I am watching a twitch stream and someone in the chat talked about missing vine and now chat and the streamer are talking about vine like it's super old like myspace or tamagatchi

I'm fucking old.

The other day I got to hang out with extended family and TikTok came up.

Me and my cousin who is slightly younger. Like 28. We were like "it's like worse vine" and my younger cousin said and I quote...

"Vine was a little before my time" and me and my other cousin turned to dust

Occasionally it hits me that my youngest niece, who turns 12 soon, has never had internet access that wasn’t measured in megabytes per second, and WiFi.

Then I get nostalgic about getting a phone line installed in my bedroom so I could download at 5kps all day.

I could download an entire episode of a show every day !

Today I was rickrolled by my nephew, a meme older than he is

I'm scared to look in the mirror in case all my hair has turned white

I wonder if there's the meme equivalent of that one kid who was really into old bands in middle school. Just sending everyone ancient I Can Haz Cheezburger image macros and wearing a t-shirt with the buttsecks owl's eyes across the chest.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    How cruel of you to will this person into existence

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    O RLY?

sig.gif
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    The sheer power of these beasts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx2fIXB28lY

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Butler wrote: »
    oh my god I am watching a twitch stream and someone in the chat talked about missing vine and now chat and the streamer are talking about vine like it's super old like myspace or tamagatchi

I'm fucking old.

Me and my cousin who is slightly younger. Like 28. We were like "it's like worse vine" and my younger cousin said and I quote...

Occasionally it hits me that my youngest niece, who turns 12 soon, has never had internet access that wasn’t measured in megabytes per second, and WiFi.

Then I get nostalgic about getting a phone line installed in my bedroom so I could download at 5kps all day.

Someday that'll be the equivalent of like, giving your grandmother a CD of Frank Sinatra

"Billy, your grandpa's birthday is coming up. Why don't you send him some of these old memes from back in his day? He'll really get a kick out of 'Numa Numa Boy'."

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    David_T wrote: »

Honestly I'm more impressed by the precision of the dancers and the consistency of the camera moves than the editing

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I saw the license plate "AOL" like a week ago and spent a while trying to figure out scenarios that could have led to that.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    Was it on a Lincoln Navigator?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Butler wrote: »

I'm fucking old.

try not to think about how old the song was before it was a meme, which itself could have graduated highschool and started college before becoming famous in a new contex....

oh sorry we're both turning into dust like we got Thanos'd my bad...

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Rick Roll is eternal.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Rick Roll is eternal.

You're never gonna give it up?

One time I was tasked with providing a summary for a reference services survey at a branch managers meeting. However, I realized that the number of questions would leave a gap on the last page of my charts. And so:

62h8s03n0xjb.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Please tell me those percentages are accurate.

No I don't.
    They are.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

Honestly I'm more impressed intimidated and creeped out by the precision of the dancers and the consistency of the camera moves than the editing

Turning a human into a precision machine puppet is... I don't know how to express it, but I don't like it.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Why does that give me huge anxiety?

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    because you know, deep down, that the tiny rat businesspeople are a reflection of the banality of your own existence

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Why does that give me huge anxiety?

https://youtu.be/R1H9bli79to

#pipe wrote: »

Honestly I'm more impressed intimidated and creeped out by the precision of the dancers and the consistency of the camera moves than the editing

Turning a human into a precision machine puppet is... I don't know how to express it, but I don't like it.

They're professional dancers recorded across multiple shows. Don't be weird about this.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I am a meat puppet.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    because you know, deep down, that the tiny rat businesspeople are a reflection of the banality of your own existence

Nah it's not that. It's the same kind of anxiety I get watching people do that spelunking shit where they crawl through like a 14" tall mouth to a cave that's 30' long and it's pitch black throughout the entire thing. Just this deep, instinctive foreboding.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Nah it's not that. It's the same kind of anxiety I get watching people do that spelunking shit where they crawl through like a 14" tall mouth to a cave that's 30' long and it's pitch black throughout the entire thing. Just this deep, instinctive foreboding.

sounds like good ol' claustrophobia, the fear of santa claus

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

Jesus. That hits really hard, he was the first comedy icon I had who was a peer of mine, agewise.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    That Lincoln one was one of my favorites.

I still say "you have fucked up now" from that bit

Was he in slow jerk?

He was the main one aghast at the slow jerk, yes.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    You never make them touch!

I'm telling the boss!

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    So sad. He had a show on Comedy Central and the WKUK guys were doing live streams together all the time. This fucking blows

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    You never make them touch!

I'm telling the boss!

BOOOSS! BOOOOOOOSS!

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
This discussion has been closed.