As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Looking for previous year PAX coins - any advice / suggestions?

coincollectorcoincollector Registered User regular
Hello everyone,

I'm searching for a handful of prior year pax coins (i was late to the party) .

I'm assuming a straight up buy thread isn't allowed here but i guess I'm seeking advice / tips on how i may be able to get a hold of these coins ?

Thanks for reading

• Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    What years do you need? We changed our minds about collecting them.

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    Depending on the year, I would get in contact with Kiddercorp. I believe they keep left over challenge coins that were not sold

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • Options
    DanQDanQ Registered User regular
    I got some extra south ones and maybe an east? What you looking for?

• Options
    ishtra wrote: »
    What years do you need? We changed our minds about collecting them.
    DanQ wrote: »
    I got some extra south ones and maybe an east? What you looking for?

I am sorry for the late response , i was able to track down all but 1 with RILMS' advice , thank you kindly
    RILMS wrote: »
    Depending on the year, I would get in contact with Kiddercorp. I believe they keep left over challenge coins that were not sold

Thank you very much , i did do this and was able to purchase all needed coins except the first year coin

• Options
    Which coin are you missing? Before Kiddercorp, we used Phoenix Challenge Coins

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • Options
    Which coin are you missing? Before Kiddercorp, we used Phoenix Challenge Coins

The only one left i am missing is the Prime 2010 Challenge coin - the one with the Nintendo DS system

• Options
    The very first one eh? I assume Pheoenix made them, but not sure. I couldn't find any mention of them online...

You could ask strebalicious or papaprinny, but I don't know if they are active on the forums any more...

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • Options
    The very first one eh? I assume Pheoenix made them, but not sure. I couldn't find any mention of them online...

You could ask strebalicious or papaprinny, but I don't know if they are active on the forums any more...

Will try that! If you also happen to run across someone who may have it , would appreciate a mention!

Thanks for the tip

• Options
    PDP11PDP11 Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    The Wiki entry for the PAX Aus coins is currently incomplete. I may as well document the PAX Aus coins for future reference. Design of all coins has the text Nullus Anxietas, Welcome Home / PAX Aus <year>, Melbourne, Vic <month> <days>. One side has been dedicated to Melbourne landmarks and icon while the other has been gaming or computer related.

2013 no coins for the first PAX Aus at the Royal Melbourne Showgrounds
    2014 no coins for first year of PAX Aus at Jeff's Shed (Melbourne Entertainment and Convention Centre)
    2015 Plain (plain bright coins for general distribution), no colour coins produced, Limited edition Plain (believe only 6 coins released by Kiddercorp) - Melbourne's Jeff's Shed Tram/International Cricket "Out for a Duck"
    2016 Plain, first year for Colour coins - Melbourne's Exhibition Building/Drop Bear
    2017 Plain, Colour - Melbourne's St Paul's Cathedral/Coat of Arms
    2017 Colour - Limited edition Enforcers Coin - PAX Aus 5 year milestone/E Shield "Cogito Ergo Ludo"
    2018 Plain, Colour - Melbourne's Lunar Park/Mario
    2019 Plain, Colour - Melbourne's Skipping Girl/Microbee computers

PDP11 on
  • Options
    PDP11 wrote: »
    The Wiki entry for the PAX Aus coins is currently incomplete.

All the PAX Aus coins have been listed with photos here: http://wiki.paxcommunity.net/paxwiki/PAX_Challenge_Coin

OtyHMcu.jpg