As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

🖥️🎮 - Boyfriend Dungeon, Garden Story and Axiom Verge 2 out today!

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Black book is a dark RPG adventure "oh hm ok, art looks cool"

based on Slavic myths "oh neat i am intrigued"

in which you play as a young sorceress "cool cool"

Fight evil forces "yeah i hate evil, let's go"

in card-based battles "sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    TEXT:
    Let’s mow!

Lawn Mowing Simulator is coming to Xbox Series S|X and PC on 10 August.

Wishlist now: https://bit.ly/30U5pyv

#LawnMowingSim
    "https://imgur.com/MoRnJHc
    Experience the beauty and detail of mowing the Great British countryside in Lawn Mowing Simulator, the only simulator that allows you to ride an authentic and expansive roster of real-world licensed lawn mowers from prestigious manufacturers; Toro, SCAG and STIGA as you manage your busines"
    20210810 Lawn Mowing Simulator (Simulation, Farming Sim, Immersive Sim, Physi)

HPMTr5h.png

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Carrier Command 2 looks fuckin rad as shit. And the VR support looks great as well. Kind of reminded me of that Flagship RTS game that never got made. Though it's apparently still in development, the latest blog post said they're taking the framework they've already got and making a smaller, more linear space sim game like Wing Commander or X-wing so they can make some money and continue working on Flagship itself.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    TEXT:
    Let’s mow!

Lawn Mowing Simulator is coming to Xbox Series S|X and PC on 10 August.

Wishlist now: https://bit.ly/30U5pyv

#LawnMowingSim
    "https://imgur.com/MoRnJHc
    Experience the beauty and detail of mowing the Great British countryside in Lawn Mowing Simulator, the only simulator that allows you to ride an authentic and expansive roster of real-world licensed lawn mowers from prestigious manufacturers; Toro, SCAG and STIGA as you manage your busines"
    20210810 Lawn Mowing Simulator (Simulation, Farming Sim, Immersive Sim, Physi)

HPMTr5h.png

My brother just spent the morning and early afternoon working on a neighbours garden, I'll send him this so he has something to do to wind down.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    One of the many symptoms of realizing you're just a dad at heart is watching a trailer for Lawn Mowing Simulator and getting excited.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    I wonder if it will feature having to stop your mower periodically and stick your hand down its butthole to unclog the grass. But maybe that's just our mower.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCW7ucvmobw

Wario64
    @Wario64
    ·
    2m
    open beta on Steam as well. no cross-play
    Windjammers 2 - Open Beta Trailer (open beta August 11th to August 22nd on PS4/PS5) https://youtube.com/watch?v=OU9lt04akQ0&ab_channel=PlayStation

Brolo on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I wonder if it will feature having to stop your mower periodically and stick your hand down its butthole to unclog the grass. But maybe that's just our mower.

Most mowers do not have buttholes

Is this... is this a lawnmower man situation?

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    got just under 2 hours of playtime in cruelty squad and i'm really waffling on whether I want to keep playing it or refund it

i love the grungy, sickening vibe of it, the way it looks and feels like a mash-up of Hypnospace Outlaw and Dilbert 3. I just don't know if I'm enough of a shooter fan to really get much out of it that I wouldn't get out of watching someone else play it on Youtube. That game is hard, for me at least, and 3 levels in it feels like there's not a ton of variation in the encounters

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    One of the many symptoms of realizing you're just a dad at heart is watching a trailer for Lawn Mowing Simulator and getting excited.

One of my favorite activities is to mow. It’s a weird zen for me

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    never die wrote: »

One of my favorite activities is to mow. It’s a weird zen for me

For me it's sweeping and mopping that's zen. I don't do either very often because I'm a lazy slob, but when I do I enjoy the shit out of them

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Mowing the lawn was always torturous to me because the vibrations would make my arms tingle for a long time afterwards. I refuse to do it ever again.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I'm allergic to grass so mowing a lawn is always a race against the clock to see if I can complete it and get into the shower before breaking out in hives

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

Most mowers do not have buttholes

Is this... is this a lawnmower man situation?

I have a lawnmower that's mulch or bag, it's got a flap covering a hole in the back to switch and you have to stick this plug in the hole. If I don't stick the plug in, grass builds up in the, well, butthole, and you might have to pull it out.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    got just under 2 hours of playtime in cruelty squad and i'm really waffling on whether I want to keep playing it or refund it

i love the grungy, sickening vibe of it, the way it looks and feels like a mash-up of Hypnospace Outlaw and Dilbert 3. I just don't know if I'm enough of a shooter fan to really get much out of it that I wouldn't get out of watching someone else play it on Youtube. That game is hard, for me at least, and 3 levels in it feels like there's not a ton of variation in the encounters

The game only changes in that it gets increasingly more fucked, the later maps are very intricate with all sorts of hidden passages and etc., it also gets weird like three quarters the way through

Id say keep at it until you get the grapple intestine it doesn't feel right unless you can swing around all crazy

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/08/09/humankind-launching-day-one-with-xbox-game-pass-for-pc/
    Humankind, the new 4X game from Amplitude Studios (Endless Legend, Endless Space, etc), will be on Game Pass for PC at launch on August 17th

oh for

god damn it lol

I suppose I'll have to be happy with the fact that I supported them during the beta cycle

edit: or perhaps with the fact that this means I can play multiplayer with MrsMonroe without buying another copy :)

Yeah I don't mind supporting Amplitude. They have a pretty good track record of post launch support. Also it did allow me to play the opendev.

I really hope I can get my wife to give it a try. She loved complex board games, but Civ6 seems to be just a bit too much still.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I kinda want to play around with making a video game for the fun of it.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    Aha! Is this our chance?

Oh in the Persona vein, I definitely say "For real?!?" a lot more thanks to Ryuji

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCW7ucvmobw

Wario64
    @Wario64
    ·
    2m
    open beta on Steam as well. no cross-play
    Windjammers 2 - Open Beta Trailer (open beta August 11th to August 22nd on PS4/PS5) https://youtube.com/watch?v=OU9lt04akQ0&ab_channel=PlayStation

Gary Scott sounds a lot more French than I expected 🤔

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    Aha! Is this our chance?

Oh in the Persona vein, I definitely say "For real?!?" a lot more thanks to Ryuji

i will sometimes say "Sheesh!" the way Chie does

• Options
    edited August 2021

Got a 3d printer, so I had to do something for #FinalFantasyTactics Found an Orbonne Monastery model, and got crafting. #3dprinting #FFT #fanart

Brolo on
  • Options
    I was thinking of my favorite video game quotes and I just watched the intro the legacy of kain defiance and am sad now

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Kain refused the sacrifice... *makes horn noise with mouth*

• Options
    I'm always challenging the fates to another throw, a better throw, against my destiny.

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    I've quoted FFT more than once with the "Blame yourself or God" line.

I hear they did away with it in the newer translations, which is a real shame because it really drove home the divide between Delita and Ramza's beliefs.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    L i t t l e m o n e y.

I've always like the announcer barks in Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Third Strike.

"Ain't there someone who can stop this fighting machine??"
    "Nobody blink. Go for broke!"
    "Triumph or die!"

"N-n-now, fight a new rival!"
    "Woah, I get the picture."
    "We await your return... Warrior."

Although Deckard Cain is probably the most quoted game character in my social circles.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Hey do you think EA will leverage the new Dune movie and re-release Emperor: Battle for Dune? No? Man :S

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    L i t t l e m o n e y.

I've always like the announcer barks in Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Third Strike.

"Ain't there someone who can stop this fighting machine??"
    "Nobody blink. Go for broke!"
    "Triumph or die!"

"N-n-now, fight a new rival!"
    "Woah, I get the picture."
    "We await your return... Warrior."

Although Deckard Cain is probably the most quoted game character in my social circles.

"Stay a while and listen."

• Options
    Oh, I also have a group friends that I'll randomly yell "ENEMIES EVERYWHERE" and "GO GO GO" at.

We ever tried to start a podcast called ENEMIES EVERYWHERE but our schedules just didn't line up often enough to be consistent.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Turns out the real enemies, were responsibilities.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Turns out the real enemies, were responsibilities.

And they're everywhere

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the counterstrike "bomb has been planted" is a phrase I have to try very hard not to utter in real life because it pops into my head constantly

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited August 2021

Hard Drive with another line drive.

Speaking of A-B.

Lol, said the scorpion. LMAO.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    wow they're back down to the depths of post-warlords of draenor

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Fishman wrote: »
    Does anyone else randomly quote NPC barks from old videogames while wandering around performing routine chores?

I say a lot of half-remembered dialogue from the goons in the Arkham games. Generally I opt for the stuff they say in the hunter/hunted rooms, though I almost always switch to combat dialogue whenever I play with my cats. My girlfriend has no idea what I'm quoting and at this point she just groans when she realizes what I'm doing. It's great!

Starts at 7:35

https://youtu.be/Hvq7InWUYIc?t=455

I think this is the only video this clip appears in.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Here's a (concept?) trailer for a canceled Duke Nukem prequel game from Gearbox that predates their involvement with Duke Nukem Forever.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

Idris Elba IS: Knuckles the Hedgehog

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    insert hahahah sickos here

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Well that's a real shame. I'm quite fond on Idris Elba's laugh and it's well documented that unlike Sonic, Knuckles doesn't chuckle.

• Options
    I kinda want to play around with making a video game for the fun of it.

I downloaded Godot to play around in and my eyes are already glazed over

This discussion has been closed.