As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

🖥️🎮 - Boyfriend Dungeon, Garden Story and Axiom Verge 2 out today!

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    no, that is not idris elba

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    no, that is not idris elba

whadda ya mean?

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Hey do you think EA will leverage the new Dune movie and re-release Emperor: Battle for Dune? No? Man :S

I was in the top 25 Harkonnen in EBFD. I won some Red Alert 2 mousepads from playing it!

It's probably the best I ever have been, or ever will be, at a video game.

broken image link
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    im just a little surprised that they didn't have anything they could cobble together and put out, especially what with the having notice that the lawsuit was coming

They probably do, but if you want to distract, it has to be something people get excited for. Another diablo 2 remake trailer isn't going to do anything. I’m not sure Diablo 4 stuff would work either.

Unless Blizzard was sitting on Starcraft 3 or WoW 2, nothing they put out would distract from what is going on.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    based on the backer key I just received, and the nintendo nindies stream tomorrow, seems like boyfriend dungeon might be launching very soon

also... the tone of the backer email almost seems apologetic, so I wonder what state this game is actually in

here's hoping for the best!

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    That is "this movie bought my summer home" quote if I ever saw one.
    I hope it is as enjoyable as the first one was.

steam_sig.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    That's an Aardvark, not an Echidna

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    So you're saying Arthur is in the Sonic canon

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    So you're saying Arthur is in the Sonic canon

He was my Sonic Forces OC pls donut steal

• BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Off the back of the Convo about random game barks I sent my friend without context the Kirov Reporting clip from RA2 only for him to respond with the rocketeer voice clips.

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    the carrier command 2 game has a hell of an aesthetic, I love how it looks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNHavtJvQ7M

I remember trying to play the first Carrier Command waaaaaaaay back when and I appreciate that this one includes touches to remind me how ridiculously in-over-my-head little 8-year-old fishman was.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Is Carrier Command a spiritual sequel to Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising

because that game ripped

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Is Carrier Command a spiritual sequel to Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising

because that game ripped

It's more Hostile Waters was a spiritual sequel to Carrier Command.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBJ0q52bXJM

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    it was kinda surprising that blizzard didn't release a bunch of trailers around the time the lawsuit information was coming out

They don't have any games coming out any time soon, so they likely don't have a lot of polished footage lying around.

the diablo 2 remaster is coming in September

76w8vmv5iigi.png

Pretty sure the devs emphasized recently that there'll be no delay

one should note that the devs are not Blizzard, so

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Black book is a dark RPG adventure "oh hm ok, art looks cool"

based on Slavic myths "oh neat i am intrigued"

in which you play as a young sorceress "cool cool"

Fight evil forces "yeah i hate evil, let's go"

in card-based battles "sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

It was part of the recent demo season on Xbox - I liked it. The card play is similar to Slay the Spire, and in between fights you travel across a map and deal with events, some of which depend on how closely you've been following the things you learn about local myths and legends.

It might still be up if you want to try it out.

edited August 2021
    TEXT:
    Hellblusser is a hot, fast-paced first-person rogue-like. Play as a young prince who is traveling to hell to extinguish it. Swing your sword, play with fire, and collect the tears of your enemies.
    20210811 Hellblusser (Action, RPG, Action Roguelike, Dungeon Crawler)
    TEXT:
    And lastly we have Seed of Life from @leonardointera

In this epic adventure game you play as Cora, the last known survivor of Lumia. The only hope to save your homeworld is to activate the Seed of Life & rekindle the sun.
    Request a game key: https://requestkey.net/7chm7z
    Seed of Life is an epic adventure game about the persistence of life. You're Cora, the last known survivor of Lumia, a dying planet. Your only hope to save your homeworld is to activate the Seed of Life and rekindle the sun once again. Will you be the light that conquers the darkness? 20210811 Seed of Life (Puzzle Platformer, Action, Emotional, Color)
    TEXT:
    #NARAKABLADEPOINT comes to PC on Aug 12, 2021.
    Pre-order now to get a NEW HERO: Yoto Hime and Exclusive Items.
    Enjoy the TRIO BUNDLE special offer with up to $11.98 OFF at: http://bit.ly/3pGv3T2
    Don’t miss out on the Final Beta starting Jun 16, 10 AM PDT – Jun 22
    #E32021 @E3
    NARAKA: BLADEPOINT is a 60-player action Battle Royale offering players insane mobility powered by parkour and grappling hook, a vast arsenal of melee and ranged weapons, and a roster of characters with powerful abilities—transform yourself into a gigantic Vajra Warrior and crush your enemies!
    20210811 NARAKA: BLADEPOINT (Battle Royale, Martial Arts, Multiplayer, Survival)
    TEXT:
    Glitchpunk is a top-down sci-fi action game inspired by #GTA2 and #Cyberpunk that launches for PC on #Steam. Here's the release date, gameplay details, system requirements and more!
    Inspired by classic top-down action games, Glitchpunk lets you brawl, shoot and drive your way through a dystopian future. As an android bounty hunter in a brutal world of gangs, cults and corporations there’s plenty of work for you. Lock and load, let her rip!
    20210811 Glitchpunk (Early Access, Cyberpunk, Action, Automobile Sim)
    TEXT:
    Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 will be released on August 11th on PC and August 12th on consoles! !🤩
    Check on our discord how to get a 10% loyalty discount🤩🚗

Discord:
    https://discord.gg/3WuZ4dJ7QP

#Playway #PLW #Poland #PL #Gamedev #Games #CMS21 #CarMechanicSimulator2021 #Simulator
    Work your way to a service empire. Get your hands dirty in a highly realistic simulation game that pays major attention to details. Pay a visit to a new Auction house and buy cars in various conditions. Expand your range of services by investing in a new work space and equipment.
    20210811 Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 (Simulation, Racing, Automobile Sim, Sandbox)

Brolo on
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Every time I think the most generic possible title has already been discovered something like Bladepoint comes along and teaches me a lesson in "what was that game? Came out a couple of months ago? I can never remember its title".

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    but cyberpunk 2077 is already glitchpunk

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    edited August 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9krkg1GIo0
    Nerf: Legends is a new first-person shooter inspired by Hasbro's Nerf toy line. It's scheduled to release in October 2021 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.

Players will have the chance to gear up with a variety of existing Nerf weapons from the Mega, Ultra, and Elite lines. Developed by GameMill Entertainment, Nerf: Legend's intense single-player campaign will feature a multitude of challenges and boss battles across 19 different locations. Alternatively, players can hop into 4v4 team-based, or eight-player free-for-all online multiplayer matches to put their skills to the test. Nerf: Legends will also support cross-platform play, and it's available to pre-order now.

what about a game where everything gets nerfed

Brolo on
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I can’t tell from that trailer if you actually fire nerf darts that stick to stuff, which is like nerfs entire thing

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Their main line these days don’t have suction tips, the top line isn’t even darts at all anymore

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    I still feel like they should’ve had that anyway, and like the big cool visual thing could’ve been seeing a battlefield absolutely covered after a match like splatoon

Prohass on
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Their main line these days don’t have suction tips, the top line isn’t even darts at all anymore

What is it?

edited August 2021
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Rival uses a dimpled ball type, the backspin on the ball lets it fly further and generally straighter than a nerf elite dart, but the foam rounds are light and wind can really throw them off if you're playing outside

aBCtT3h.jpg
    Nerf Hyper rounds are a bit smaller, and made out of a rubber that bounces more. They're generally less accurate, but you can fire a lot of them as long as you don't have feeding issues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lELIMmoAkeU

yeah the nerf rival perses is probably the best performing blaster that nerf makes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_E618FxP4c
    its successor, the nerf hyper mach 100 has more capacity but also introduces a bunch of issues with accuracy and feeding issues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5tQCej_doY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG47rxyT7D0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WekzTeOrqUI
    non-nerf blasters by Dart Zone have really taken over for enthusiasts in the past few years though
    the best of these fire half-length darts, they generally fly further and more accurately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-LIb6P77GM
    my personal favorite is the worker swift, a half-dart rifle with a long barrel - it gets a huge amount of air volume so it shoots really hard, and kinda looks like a hyperion rifle

Brolo on

What is it?

They were small yellow balls and now they’re smaller yellow balls, more like Junior air soft now

I got the larger/previous ball gun for my kids last Christmas and they’re awesome but they will sting the fuck out of you at close range, so with kids you gotta be careful.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Top of the line Nerf weapons use a charged gas system to fire 4mm self stabilised bladed flechette darts

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I wanna know what percentage of garbage island are these masses of Nerf ammo.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »

All my nerf darts wind up in cemeteries with my targets.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Top of the line Nerf weapons use a charged gas system to fire 4mm self stabilised bladed flechette darts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeZXskcr1OM

you actually can get gas powered dart blasters - they're generally converted from airsoft/paintball kits, but so far haven't really caught on, since you now need to buy compressed gas canisters, and the loading mechanisms need to have very tight tolerances which make using foam darts kinda tricky, so they're prone to jamming

edited August 2021
    I have now thought about the phrase Nerf Culture and I wish I hadn't

It's like those elite super engineered water rifles with the digital display that got posted that one time

They had dude demoing them with a waterproof GoPro in a mansion that had a dedicated water rifle shootout/pool course

It's a very specific brand of american hedonism that fills me with nihilistic angst

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    Glal wrote: »

darts are generally pretty reusable, and you actually can get bio-degradable foam darts from third party manufacturers

the hyper rounds specifically are pretty terrible for even just finding the things if you're playing in grass - they're small and green, and tend to fall below the grass line, so if you're lucky you might get back like a third of what you've launched. they're also made out of a weird plastic/rubber mix so I doubt they'd degrade at all

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Rolo why did you have that comprehensive nerf ammo post just ready to go

2x39jD4.jpg
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Look, when you're livin the Nerf life, you're always ready to go

JtgVX0H.png

i like nerf blasters and nerf-related things, I play pretty regularly with my nieces and have helped them build and upgrade their toys

as hobbies go I don't really see it as particularly worse or better than say, spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on electronics and computer components to play a military shooter

That worker swift looks rad. I am much more into the single shot/non battery powered nerf guns.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

i like nerf blasters and nerf-related things, I play pretty regularly with my nieces and have helped them build and upgrade their toys

as hobbies go I don't really see it as particularly worse or better than say, spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on electronics and computer components to play a military shooter

No I'm not judging then hobby, nerf guns are neat

It was just a surprisingly thorough post

2x39jD4.jpg
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

Reminds me of when I was into paintball, but seems more approachable and less painful.

Paintball was fun but dang is that an expensive hobby to play even at the recreational competitive level I was at.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Thanks @Brolo now I want that worker swift...

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Also, you can 3D-print your own awesome Nerf guns.

Elvenshae on
This discussion has been closed.