As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Ascent] - Cyberpunk palate cleanser

13»

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    I found an augment/thing/whatever that converts all damage to digital damage. Though wanting to give up a slot for a more useful thing for that one fight might be interesting.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Ugh my game save has a crippling bug in the second main mission. Where you need to kill 4 full chromes, only 1 spawned and nothing I've tried has gotten them to respawn. Searching around and it seems I'm screwed unless they can patch it and I'll need to make a new save game :bigfrown:

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    m!ttens wrote: »
    Ugh my game save has a crippling bug in the second main mission. Where you need to kill 4 full chromes, only 1 spawned and nothing I've tried has gotten them to respawn. Searching around and it seems I'm screwed unless they can patch it and I'll need to make a new save game :bigfrown:

I had the same problem, solved it by quitting to menu and reloading the game to force the spawn. had to do it a couple of times.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    None of the 4 spawned for me. Took fully killing the game to fix.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Viking wrote: »

I had the same problem, solved it by quitting to menu and reloading the game to force the spawn. had to do it a couple of times.

Yep had the same issue. Had to exit, and reboot it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    The intro is done and I'm fighting Flying Tigers.

This game has a level of twitchy, tactical action that makes it far more entertaining for me than traditional Hack n' Slashers.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Viking wrote: »

Yep had the same issue. Had to exit, and reboot it.

I tried all the various suggestions today and basically my indent is sitting at level 15 because I killed so many dudes walking back and forth between the zones, exiting the game, reloading, doing full side quests, etc. and nothing worked. Annoyed I'll need to hunt down all the loot tucked away in corners but my skill with the controls has improved and I got through the tutorial way quicker than I did the first go around. Stopping at level 3 in order to join my buddy tomorrow and play together.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Yeah I think I'm going to have to put the game down for a bit. I like it a lot but the UI is a mess and it's buggy as hell. I'm willing to come back again though which is really saying something.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I hope they fix the codex achievements at some point cos I would enjoy getting 100% achievements for the game

• Options
    I noticed that many of the tshirt and weapon skins I'd been collecting yesterday on my new playthrough disappeared. So many silly little bugs (and big ones too, like co-op basically breaking all quests on pc gamepass) but so much fun

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    I noticed that many of the tshirt and weapon skins I'd been collecting yesterday on my new playthrough disappeared. So many silly little bugs (and big ones too, like co-op basically breaking all quests on pc gamepass) but so much fun

Losing t-shirts and weapon skins is annoying. It will actually permanently save the last one you selected on your character, even the collectable ones, as long as you never try to select a different one after they disappear from your list.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    What's a good mix of armor to pick up while doing the Gear Up side-mission? Is there any sort of defense that's preferable to focus on early game?

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    I don't think you have to buy anything for that mission, just talk to the vendor. I just kept the creds to spend later.

Personally I just ignored the stat bonuses and focused on keeping ballistic armor high unless there was some particularly damaging element fight. The boss you fight when you get sent back to the deep stink was the first time I felt like elemental armor would help me.

The only negative affect of dieing is losing your tactical charge so you end up with plenty of opportunities to mess with armor of you find yourself in a particularly sticky fight

• Options
    Carpy wrote: »
    I don't think you have to buy anything for that mission, just talk to the vendor. I just kept the creds to spend later.

Personally I just ignored the stat bonuses and focused on keeping ballistic armor high unless there was some particularly damaging element fight. The boss you fight when you get sent back to the deep stink was the first time I felt like elemental armor would help me.

The only negative affect of dieing is losing your tactical charge so you end up with plenty of opportunities to mess with armor of you find yourself in a particularly sticky fight

That was the most challenging fight of the whole game. The final boss was pretty challenging as well but the rest never really felt terribly difficult. All in all, it was a fun little game (despite the multiplayer bugs I was plagued with) and was a perfect game pass play-and-put-down title.