As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Geth Hates Me, [chat]

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Obviously the HRT won't have time to do much in the way of physical changes by the time I'm in NYC in late August, but I'd still like to try presenting as a lady when I meet friends that week, so I need to like...figure out how to make that happen @_@

like with makeup or whatever

https://youtu.be/vk0fmMEBAN0

this will not at all help but she is hilarious and i love her

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    There's this linguistic thing where Swedish journalism keeps dropping words from headlines, traditionally so the screamsheets could use bigger fonts to make them more visible and hopefully sell more. This crap still lives on.

I present to you the Swedish sentence "Få väljer att använda kondomer", meaning "Few choose to use condoms". That's the normal sentence.

Then we have Journalist Swedish: "Få väljer använda kondomer". Drop a word, get bigger headlines!

Except now it means "Few choose used condoms".

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    GladDOS
    Rihanna Pratchett smacked the TERFs about it too

Metaphorically I mean

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    GladDOS
    Atomika wrote: »
    They need to hurry up and announce the new iPhone so I can trade mine in

This damn thing gets so hot now

Hot like Hansel

This is the phone I've had since 2019. It cost $70

https://www.amazon.com/BLU-Studio-Smartphone-International-Unlocked/dp/B082FQCSCB

I’m tied into the Apple sandbox. Have been for over a decade.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    There's this linguistic thing where Swedish journalism keeps dropping words from headlines, traditionally so the screamsheets could use bigger fonts to make them more visible and hopefully sell more. This crap still lives on.

I present to you the Swedish sentence "Få väljer att använda kondomer", meaning "Few choose to use condoms". That's the normal sentence.

Then we have Journalist Swedish: "Få väljer använda kondomer". Drop a word, get bigger headlines!

Except now it means "Few choose used condoms".

both probably true

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Obviously the HRT won't have time to do much in the way of physical changes by the time I'm in NYC in late August, but I'd still like to try presenting as a lady when I meet friends that week, so I need to like...figure out how to make that happen @_@

like with makeup or whatever

https://youtu.be/vk0fmMEBAN0

this will not at all help but she is hilarious and i love her

I'm not all that interested in fashion but have watched pretty much her entire backlog by now.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    GladDOS
    Few do, though

• Options
    sometimes i read a headline in Swedish and i'm like

no that can't be right

and i lose confidence

but maybe it turns out i am right

• Options

Yeah, I've been using the EchoCorp phone privately as well, but now I really want to start separating that. My last personal phone was the iPhone SE - the first one.

• Options
    GladDOS

Yeah, I've been using the EchoCorp phone privately as well, but now I really want to start separating that. My last personal phone was the iPhone SE - the first one.

The 13 looks to be a really nice bit of hardware. This current phone is three years old so I guess that’s long enough? Who knows anymore.

• Options
    If they wanted to optimize for headlines then "Få använder kondomer" -> "Few use condoms" is right there.

• Options
    i still rock the 8 plus so i can't even do the stupid animal faces

i guess i'll need to upgrade sooner or later

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Megabyte

This damn thing gets so hot now

Hot like Hansel

This is the phone I've had since 2019. It cost $70

https://www.amazon.com/BLU-Studio-Smartphone-International-Unlocked/dp/B082FQCSCB

I’m tied into the Apple sandbox. Have been for over a decade.

I had the 3G and I think wife had an iphone 4 and after that we switched to android cause those OG iphones kinda blew.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Megabyte
    (although it's not fair for me to comment on shitty phones when I have a $80 phone and before that I had a flip phone)

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    GladDOS
    What can an iPhone 12 do that my iPhone 6 can't?
    stupid animal faces

• Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular

i've been looking to upgrade from the 8.

battery life is starting to fade. but i may want to switch over from ATT to Verizon cause I feel like ATT coverage sucks. But only if they can port my number. and only if I don't have to unlock my credit to do so

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    i like that instagram is good for showing me years old tweets i missed

That’s why you always strip the time/date from the image

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    GladDOS
    Should I buy cool stuff tomorrow or should I be responsible and put in savings

• Options
    9a0cdc4tlfmt.jpeg

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I think my bard will hit 10 on Saturday so I get to steal more magic and I can't see why I wouldn't take find greater steed but as a combat pet I wonder if I should take griffon over Pegasus.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    GladDOS
    Tonight's the night for Izzy to saunter into town, push the brim of her hat up with the muzzle of her pearl handled wand, and ask some local cattle rustler if they think they feel lucky.

• Options
    VishNub wrote: »
    i like that instagram is good for showing me years old tweets i missed

That’s why you always strip the time/date from the image

i actually hate that they do this because it makes the original more difficult to find and i'd prefer to link the original than some meme site's screenshot if i can find it

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    When will there be an iPhone that works with the Pencil.

• Options
    or if it's two in a row like the above then i'll just link the screenshot because who has time to link two tweets

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I thought air fryers used the oil that is just naturally dissolved in the air

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    its super easy to port numbers now as long as your not under a current contract then it gets annoying because you have to buy out your contract first

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Kamiro wrote: »

i've been looking to upgrade from the 8.

battery life is starting to fade. but i may want to switch over from ATT to Verizon cause I feel like ATT coverage sucks. But only if they can port my number. and only if I don't have to unlock my credit to do so

yeah verizon does have good coverage

you pay for it though

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    GladDOS
    emnmnme wrote: »
    stupid animal faces
    Also, it can do the cool thing where you can find the exact location of your AirTags within 20 feet, pointing directly to it on your screen. This has been useful to me recently, as my keys somehow ended up buried in a moving box. The camera is also stupidly awesome.

What the iPhone 6 can do that the iPhone 12 can't is have an actual Home button to click. Stupid bezel-less screens with a camera bumper.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Winky wrote: »
    I thought air fryers used the oil that is just naturally dissolved in the air

i guess it depends on your house

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    GladDOS

The 13 looks to be a really nice bit of hardware. This current phone is three years old so I guess that’s long enough? Who knows anymore.

Phones advance so slowly these days it don't even matter, it's going to be pretty much the same

• Options
    GladDOS
    I don't regret upgrading to a 12 from my 8, but I regret losing that Home button and the thumbprint ID thing. Face ID just sucks balls.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    stupid animal faces
    Also, it can do the cool thing where you can find the exact location of your AirTags within 20 feet, pointing directly to it on your screen. This has been useful to me recently, as my keys somehow ended up buried in a moving box. The camera is also stupidly awesome.

What the iPhone 6 can do that the iPhone 12 can't is have an actual Home button to click. Stupid bezel-less screens with a camera bumper.

Buying a faceid only phone during the time of masking was not my best impulse

VishNub on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    GladDOS
    I don't regret upgrading to a 12 from my 8, but I regret losing that Home button and the thumbprint ID thing. Face ID just sucks balls.

My faceid has been good in the right light but nothing beats my Galaxy Note's thumbprint reader. I'd have an unlocked phone before it even reached my face.

• Options
    GladDOS
    Apple has stopped updating my music library from iTunes to iTunes Match from my PC for some fucking reason and their tech support people do not answer.

• Options
    man it went from totally sunny to about to storm like fuck in about fifteen minutes

if i lose power two nights in a row someone is getting a sternly worded letter

• Options
    GladDOS
    stupid animal faces

Buying a faceid only phone during the time of masking was not my best impulse
    Oh, I set up an alt Face ID unlock with a mask on, and it seems to work okay. It also unlocks if the linked Apple Watch is nearby instead, as well, so it's not AS much of a nuisance as it could be. Still miss my iPhone 8's Home button, though.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    I have an air fryer/toaster oven and it came with a little mesh fryer basket but I’m terrified to actually use it because won’t it just make an apocalyptic mess on the bottom of the oven?

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Megabyte

Phones advance so slowly these days it don't even matter, it's going to be pretty much the same

Plz buy UWB device

Such a dud technology for every use case...

Tumin on
  • Options
    I have an air fryer/toaster oven and it came with a little mesh fryer basket but I’m terrified to actually use it because won’t it just make an apocalyptic mess on the bottom of the oven?

put some foil down

• Options
    usually they have a removable bottom tray you can take out and clean

This discussion has been closed.