As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Geth Hates Me, [chat]

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Something about TERFs just scream retired with internet and nobody to socialize with.

Like I imagine kids with no social circle become neonazis. TERFs are the parents who the neonazi kids never call or visit anymore.

PSN: Honkalot
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    my new vaporizer came today!

it's so teensy and cute

now I have to go buy some flower to put in it eeeee

What'd you get?

I got a potv one

I had a couple of other vapes but they don't seem to have made the move in good shape - neither of them produces vapor any more ;_;

• KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    VishNub wrote: »
    I have an air fryer/toaster oven and it came with a little mesh fryer basket but I’m terrified to actually use it because won’t it just make an apocalyptic mess on the bottom of the oven?

put some foil down

when it's < 450 I use parchment paper because it sticks less

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Something about TERFs just scream retired with internet and nobody to socialize with.

Like I imagine kids with no social circle become neonazis. TERFs are the parents who the neonazi kids never call or visit anymore.

Riley's law: once you start terf posting, you will never post normally again

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Megabyte
    Chanus wrote: »
    man it went from totally sunny to about to storm like fuck in about fifteen minutes

if i lose power two nights in a row someone is getting a sternly worded letter

I can see on the weather radar a huge mass of a stormfront that's going to hit us in the next 1-1.5 hours and it's like, "welp, guess my evening computer plans are shot"

It will then not storm at all.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    It has a tray but polymerized oil is the actual worst

VishNub on
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    GladDOS
    It’s just so weird to create a progressive identity to wrap yourself around that is defined by how progressive you aren’t

Kinda seems like it’s maybe just a rationalization to be a shit

I wouldn’t be surprised to find those TERFs aren’t even all that radical or feminist, especially if shitting on marginalized groups is what gets them out of bed

Atomika on
    Atomika wrote: »
    It’s just so weird to create a progressive identity to wrap yourself around that is defined by how progressive you aren’t

I wouldn’t be surprised to find those TERFs aren’t even all that radical or feminist

Oh youve met my mother in law

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Rihanna Pratchett smacked the TERFs about it too

Metaphorically I mean

ah

shame

vRyue2p.png
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    GladDOS

I wouldn’t be surprised to find those TERFs aren’t even all that radical or feminist

It strikes me as fundamentally dishonest, because it seems so bizarre to want to tell someone else that they're not who they are, but who I tell them they are.

Like, no one really believes that because it's so dumb, so I think anti-trans rhetoric is about delighting in cruelty, and transpeople being a vulnerable target.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

I wouldn’t be surprised to find those TERFs aren’t even all that radical or feminist, especially if shitting on marginalized groups is what gets them out of bed

they are for sure anything but radical

vRyue2p.png
    GladDOS

Oh youve met my mother in law

If her “protection” of women hurts trans women but doesn’t support abortion or equality, that’s pretty shitty feminism

Mother in law who has always cared deeply about the sanctity of women’s sports but strangely never bothered to mention it until this year.

🤔🤔🤔

I can’t imagine what brought that on

GladDOS
    Nova_C wrote: »

It strikes me as fundamentally dishonest, because it seems so bizarre to want to tell someone else that they're not who they are, but who I tell them they are.

Like, no one really believes that because it's so dumb, so I think anti-trans rhetoric is about delighting in cruelty, and transpeople being a vulnerable target.

The most seductive form of selfishness is bad-faith activism

it costs you nothing and makes you feel important and righteous

You can take joy in your cruelty with a clear conscience

GladDOS
    Mother in law who has always cared deeply about the sanctity of women’s sports but strangely never bothered to mention it until this year.

🤔🤔🤔

It's the same intellectual dishonesty as the bathroom argument. Like, we've never checked someone's genitals before to ensure there aren't men infiltrating the women's bathroom to prey on them, but all of a sudden it's a problem? And the solution is not to go after the men supposedly doing that, but transpeople as a whole?

Who the fuck do they think they're fooling?

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Sometimes I think about making just completely inane t-shirts like,

"I own an airfryer because I'm better than you"

But then I assume too much about humanity and their taste so I don't.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
    GladDOS
    Like, I’m not sure someone can accidentally even be a TERF. It starts from a series of provably false bases. Nobody who cares about the truth maintains a belief in bad science.

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

🤔🤔🤔

It's the same intellectual dishonesty as the bathroom argument. Like, we've never checked someone's genitals before to ensure there aren't men infiltrating the women's bathroom to prey on them, but all of a sudden it's a problem? And the solution is not to go after the men supposedly doing that, but transpeople as a whole?

that said, we actually do keep an eye out for non-femme-presenting people in the women's bathroom, as I can testify from, like, my entire childhood and teenage and young adult phase

(note: our historical unspoken policies around this are a billion times more likely to pick out tomboys and butch lesbians and kind of maybe male-identifying people born with vaginas--not trans women)

Steam, LoL: credeiki
    GladDOS
    An airfryer is just a tiny oven, yes?

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Elki wrote: »
    I started a new game of Conan on Xbox because some friends wanted to try it, and couldn’t find the endowment slider. This turns out to be because of the ESRB.

The way to workaround this (on Xbox, I don’t know how this is on the PS) is to set your region to the UK, restart the console, boot up the game and download the free full-nudity DLC.

I protest.

I was playing this on PC with one of my friends and she was *so happy* the naked guard she put on her balcony's dick flapped in the wind when the sandstorm started

override367 on

🤔🤔🤔

Also, every instance I'm aware of wherein someone actually has been accosted in a women's bathroom and challenged as to the nature of their genitals, they've inevitably turned out to be ciswomen who are either butch presenting or simply not conventionally attractive

It's a toaster oven with a fan.

I like to ART
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    GladDOS
    Honk wrote: »

Mix this with a dash of "I don't understand this 'new thing' the kids are doing with gender, but I heard it's bsd!" And boom

Instant TERF

I think my bard will hit 10 on Saturday so I get to steal more magic and I can't see why I wouldn't take find greater steed but as a combat pet I wonder if I should take griffon over Pegasus.

if you play a small race and the DM lets you take a giant frog as a steed you can use it as a submarine with its swallow feature

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    It's gross that we live in a society where gender is even remotely relevant to taking a shit.

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    I think TERFs in the UK have become aware of the absurdity of the label given they are not at all feminist or radical and are calling themselves Gender Critical (GC) now.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Speaking of hot air we now have one of those ovens where there’s an integrated fan you can turn on. I’ve heard mention of them but don’t know exactly what the USP is - just that they’re referred to as better than standard ovens.

I look forward to learning to do something new with it

PSN: Honkalot
    the only thing that should matter to taking a shit is the kind of shit you take, we should have different facilities depending on the expected severity of the shit

GladDOS
    Doodmann wrote: »

So a convection oven?

GladDOS

Tiny convection oven, yeah.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

its basically like a cast iron pot over a campfire

like a stick with marshmallow over the sun

like a spacefaring cheese stick reentering earth's atmosphere

Bless your heart.
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Fox News is a hell of a drug

my dad mostly deflects and equivocates when politics come up, but if he's in the right mood, he's going to start yelling about the One World Communist-Democrat plan to send IRS agents to our homes to murder us all

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    No gods not masters

only airfryer

I like to ART
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    T-1000
    Echo wrote: »
    If they wanted to optimize for headlines then "Få använder kondomer" -> "Few use condoms" is right there.

Taking the choice out of the people... We have words indeed for people like you

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    GladDOS
    A lot of regular ovens also have a convection setting

I wonder how many of us have air fryers and don’t need them

I think TERFs in the UK have become aware of the absurdity of the label given they are not at all feminist or radical and are calling themselves Gender Critical (GC) now.

Also because the vast majority of the people using the term terf are using it pejoratively

They went through a lengthy period of insisting it was a slur

GC will probably go the same way because I don't think it's possible for them to settle on a self descriptive term that won't instantly start being used as a pejorative by a far larger group of people

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular

As someone who had some Unfortunate Opinions about eg abortion and gay marriage and premarital sex and wrote long essays detailing those opinions for fun, I can state that it is quite possible to engage in that sort of thing without any desire for cruelty.

My mother also hasn't got the slightest inclination towards meanness but hoo boy is she willing to have people suffer for what is "right."

But also also I suspect there's a chance that that is not always the case.

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

On a windy day, I AM an air fryer.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »

On a windy day, I AM an air fryer.

avface?

Bless your heart.
    GladDOS

I have neither an air fryer, nor a convection oven, and have seriously thought I should get an air fryer as a result.

This discussion has been closed.