As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

🖥️🎮 - Boyfriend Dungeon, Garden Story and Axiom Verge 2 out today!

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    SLyM wrote: »
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Even the one with huge, terrifying, anime tits

The one?

The one that's name is one 's away from being the name of a famous R&B group! That one!

It was boring!

And it's actually the most generous gacha i've ever seen. That's how bad the genre is.

It's generous because you need multiple copies for any unit to be useful and there's ten billion of them in the pool

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Zxerol wrote: »
    Okay I'm just got to second phase of lolblizzard for the day how everyone saying they "removed TCP/IP" and shit from D2R and I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. No they fuckin didn't, else the fuck protocol stack they using then, IPX?

This shouldn't bother me so much, but I didn't study dumb shit like the OSI model to let this inaccurate nonsense slide.

Are you mad at Blizzard or people mocking them? Because this is the direct quote Blizzard gave out.

"Q: Will TCP/IP support be available in the Early Access to Open Beta tests?
    A: TCP/IP support will not be available in the upcoming Beta or the final game. After careful deliberation, we will no longer be supporting this option as we identified potential security risks and are committed to safeguarding the player experience."

It is clearly not anyone's fault but theirs for repeating that statement.

Everyone. The person who wrote that, the IGN headline writer, everyone. Go to Networking 101 and read some Wikipedia articles, I will test you later.

Like I already admitted, this is one of those um-actually pedantry shit that I normally don't care about... but it's so dumb!

alt answer: all those hours spent trouble shooting l2tp/IPsec tunnels have turned by brain into IT mush do not listen to me

Zxerol on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Like, yeah I get that it’s a bad name.

But most folks don’t even know what TCP is. IP is a maaaaaybe.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    TheStig wrote: »
    Can d2r players play with D2 classic players? Will all my hacked and doped items still work?

You'll be lucky to be able to even download the old client after what they did with wc3 reforged is any indication, so you know get it now and squirrel away a copy

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Like, yeah I get that it’s a bad name.

But most folks don’t even know what TCP is. IP is a maaaaaybe.

Juggalo family forever!

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Diablo 2: Fuck TCP, we only use UDP over here

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »

You down with UDP?

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular

You down with UDP?

yeah, you know me

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Usain Down Posse

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    What a bad post

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Do I dee pee? DO I DEE PEE? MY FRIEND I INVENTED DP

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Do I dee pee? DO I DEE PEE? MY FRIEND I INVENTED DP

i would have assumed it was a group effort

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    bad posts are a group effort

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Definitely time for a new thread.

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular

You down with UDP?

nah, but go ahead and assume I am

l3icwZV.png
  • Options

You down with UDP?

Who wants to know? You gotta tell me if you're a cop.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    wait before this thread gets locked somebody tell me the name of the gacha game I have been scouring my r&b CDs trying to figure out what it is

• Options
    while i don't know if the game is good i haven't seen no reviews or nothin', Boyfriend Dungeon does seem to be very thoughtfully made in terms of prepping the experience for the player

they straight up say "Hey sometimes this game sends you text messages from a character called Mom. Is that cool? If that's not cool we'll disable it."

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    yeah I'm having a pretty good time with boyfriend dungeon so far

there have already been some pretty funny dialog options and the characters are cute

it does have a bit of an uphill battle by kinda directly being in the same vein as Hades, and action wise it just doesn't feel quite as good from the jump, but the weapon unlocks seem promising

the combat areas and enemies feel kinda plain, but the character art is really nice and the transformation sequences are lovely

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    while i don't know if the game is good i haven't seen no reviews or nothin', Boyfriend Dungeon does seem to be very thoughtfully made in terms of prepping the experience for the player

they straight up say "Hey sometimes this game sends you text messages from a character called Mom. Is that cool? If that's not cool we'll disable it."

My mom is perfectly lovely and I'm not okay with getting texts from her.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    wait before this thread gets locked somebody tell me the name of the gacha game I have been scouring my r&b CDs trying to figure out what it is

I am assuming Destiny Child is it. I know a great many gacha games but that's the only one that's a band name so far as I'm aware

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    On the subject of videogame barks that people do without thinking, today I was preparing food for my 4 cats and abruptly shouted "Summon the Elector Counts!" whilst mincing raw food patties with my fingers. The cats answered this by yowling at me to hurry up. My girlfriend chimed in from the other room with a "They don't know what you're talking about! They never know what you're making references to!"

I very consciously belted back a "I am Karl Franz!" at her. When the cats once again yowled at me insistently, I replied with "No! Not until Hexenstag!"

I could feel my girlfriend rolling her eyes from the other room.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    On the subject of videogame barks that people do without thinking, today I was preparing food for my 4 cats and abruptly shouted "Summon the Elector Counts!" whilst mincing raw food patties with my fingers. The cats answered this by yowling at me to hurry up. My girlfriend chimed in from the other room with a "They don't know what you're talking about! They never know what you're making references to!"

I very consciously belted back a "I am Karl Franz!" at her. When the cats once again yowled at me insistently, I replied with "No! Not until Hexenstag!"

I could feel my girlfriend rolling her eyes from the other room.

goddamnit

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I'm having another go with Pillars of Eternity. Never made it very far the first time. Playing on easy and just going for enjoying the story and trying not to think about builds and gear and leveling too much.

Playing a dwarf just because they have the best beard options.

Playing CRPGs on Easy is a goddamn revelation and I wished I had done it sooner.

I had a blast with BG1+SoD because I wasn't completely sweating over the perfect build.

Not every game has to be fucking your shit up like Dark Souls.

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular

You down with UDP?

Can't confirm nor deny.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Clearly the only TCP/IP implementation they'll tolerate is IP Over Avian Carriers.

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular

Earth, Wind and Sire

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    I'm having another go with Pillars of Eternity. Never made it very far the first time. Playing on easy and just going for enjoying the story and trying not to think about builds and gear and leveling too much.

Playing a dwarf just because they have the best beard options.

Playing CRPGs on Easy is a goddamn revelation and I wished I had done it sooner.

I had a blast with BG1+SoD because I wasn't completely sweating over the perfect build.

Not every game has to be fucking your shit up like Dark Souls.

I've just come to realise I don't enjoy the combat in these games, so anything to make that part take up less of the game is preferable. There is just too much shit to read and remember if you're not familiar with DnD. Like my wizard has eight spells that all affect different stats and have different resistances and every fight I have to hover over the enemies and then hover over all the spells to see what does what and oh god it's not fun.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    I remember dying a lot on divinity original sins easiest modes and I was like come on! Like their narrative difficulty was just too frustrating for me

Prohass on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    DOS2 was better in that respect, I got like 50 hours in on easy before the combat started grating on me with difficulty. But then, that game does seem to suffer from "get every single drop of combat XP on the map or slowly suffocate".

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I'm thinking I might restart again actually, before getting too far in. I made my PC a priest because I thought that was this game's version of a cleric, which is what I played in BG. But he's squishier than I'd like, and also I got a priest NPC really early.

I want someone who can cope with being on the frontline and maybe has a few cool skills but doesn't require lots of ability management. I'm thinking maybe barbarian or cipher?

• Options
    I played Cipher and really enjoyed it. However, I built it as a ranged class, but you can def play it as melee.

You get a bunch of cool abilities so it's not a class with only a few buttons available to push, but their focus mechanic means you're going to alternate between casting abilities and doing regular attacks to build up your meter so it's not like you're going to have to spam abilities to get anything done.

It also felt really appropriate with the game lore seeing as ciphers are all about soul magic and souls are kinda a big deal in PoE

• Options
    edited August 2021
    The main thing putting me off cipher is I know you get a cipher NPC and apparently they're pretty good? And I prefer not duplicating a class that's already in my party, which makes barbarian appealing because I don't think you get one of those.

I guess I'll probably end up building both and playing each for a while to see which I like better.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I'd definitely recommend Pillars of Eternity combat on easy. The first dungeon it throws at you is brutal. And the mechanics aren't super easy to grok if you're not used to them.

Barbarian is fun as hell, just remember that you can't treat Int as a dump stat for them. It controls length of buffs and also size of AoE, and those 2 are big things for Barbs.

The other good option is a paladin, you'll get a really awesome 2hand paladin later. But the nice thing is you can build them differently so that you're both running overlapping auras. Also paladin has a cool mechanic where there's a "paladin defense buff" that runs at a base line but can fluctuate up or down depending on you making story and dialog choices that match up with your Orders beliefs. So if you pick the order that values hostility and violence, threatening people and solving problems with your sword... your buff goes up! But then if you save a puppy and give a widow money, it decreases.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    I'm thinking I might restart again actually, before getting too far in. I made my PC a priest because I thought that was this game's version of a cleric, which is what I played in BG. But he's squishier than I'd like, and also I got a priest NPC really early.

I want someone who can cope with being on the frontline and maybe has a few cool skills but doesn't require lots of ability management. I'm thinking maybe barbarian or cipher?

That was my biggest pitfall with Pillars of Eternity 1 as well, too used to the way certain classes work in D&D.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    Just saw your post.

The cipher you can get is one of my favorite party members.

The other fun melee you can do is a chanter with a big fuckoff huge sword. There's an npc chanter but he's kinda meh.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Star Citizen has been in development for 9 years

Feels like just yesterday

• Options
    Pillars of Eternity 1 did a bad job of explaining how certain jobs worked or maybe I just foolishly skipped the tutorial because I had no clue how chanters worked and wish there was an option to just let the game make up decent chants for me

• Options
    Pillars of Eternity 1 had the issue that you either made up some adventurers at an inn to get a full party, which was kind of unsatisfying but was probably expected, or you did not have a full party for quite some time.

Pillars of Eternity 2 was better about that unless you played used a bad Pillars of Eternity 1 save.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited August 2021

Absolutely cannot deal with all the twists in this game trailer

The worst thing about trailers like this is you can be like, okay, I WILL play that game, that looks wild!
    ... and then it's NOTHING like that.

their entire marketing strategy is the hope that some morbid curiosity folks will try and like the game, and eventually spend money

I have to assume it's working because they keep doing it

TheySlashThem on
This discussion has been closed.