As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

youtube sucks, post internet videos here

19495969798100»

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Shaun's point about Britain's cultural export of whinging about trans people makes me sad

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Shaun's point about Britain's cultural export of whinging about trans people makes me sad

The British whinging is being funded by American evangelicals so... purposeful manufacture for export purposes.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

The British whinging is being funded by American evangelicals so... purposeful manufacture for export purposes.

Look, American evangelicals are awful on many things, especially this, but let's not let the British TERFS off the hook by pinning this on our shit.

DJ Eebs wrote: »

Look, American evangelicals are awful on many things, especially this, but let's not let the British TERFS off the hook by pinning this on our shit.

I don't see how pointing out that American fundamentalist groups are funding transphobic organizations overseas absolves anyone who is a part of those overseas transphobic organizations.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

Well it used to be Doctor Who, but now it's only on every other year.

Oh brilliant
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNkgE62uxHA

Relevant.

edit: Also I know it's a joke but I would 100% watch a movie where Jason kills and thus has to become Santa just like his fellow 80s horror icon Tim Allen.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I still think the best possible translation of IOI's Hitman into other media is just the Columbo format

show us the villain first, how they are a horrible person, how they've covered up what they've done and sure they've gotten away with it

and then comes 47 to slowly deconstruct their carefully managed clockwork lives

add to that a few intense action-horror segments where Agent 47 is treated like Jason Voorhees, an antagonist gunning after the bad-guy rather than a John Wick unwilling hero, and you've got yourself a show, baby

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

I don't see how pointing out that American fundamentalist groups are funding transphobic organizations overseas absolves anyone who is a part of those overseas transphobic organizations.

Because if you are not careful, you wind up saying that it's not really their fault, it's because they're being manipulated by outside actors. American dominionists weren't the ones who made mumsnet a hive of villainy, even if they did lend support.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LMr5XTgeyI
    CGP Grey: 💖 The Tale of Tiffany 💖

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    It didn't take long for me to realise that Law & Order: Criminal Intent was just Columbo

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LMr5XTgeyI
    CGP Grey: 💖 The Tale of Tiffany 💖

Yeah, the Tiffany Problem is always a fun thing for people to learn about.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    It didn't take long for me to realise that Law & Order: Criminal Intent was just Columbo

so many crime procedurals have been chasing that Columbo magic for decades in one way or another, to lesser or greater success.

Still holding out hope for a Columbo reboot with Mark Ruffalo in the titular role. It's perfect

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I don't give a particular shit about the Olympics, I think it's corrupt from the top down and it enables human suffering and financial waste on a massive scale

However, I do love Woodkid and music that makes you feel like you can do anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wykqg9712qI

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

so many crime procedurals have been chasing that Columbo magic for decades in one way or another, to lesser or greater success.

Still holding out hope for a Columbo reboot with Mark Ruffalo in the titular role. It's perfect

Leverage comes the closest, I've felt. Need more TV that centers around heists and bastards getting got.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    edited August 2021

Because if you are not careful, you wind up saying that it's not really their fault, it's because they're being manipulated by outside actors. American dominionists weren't the ones who made mumsnet a hive of villainy, even if they did lend support.

Well that's not what I'm doing.

Anyway, CaseyExplosion did aTwitter thread the other day examining the seamless pivot from opposing gay marriage to trans panic. Plenty of good references there if you weren't already aware of the history:

Now, Shaun does a real good video, but something I'd add is that yes a lot of GCs think that trans issues just didn't exist until 2015 because (insert conspiracy theory here) and the reason for is simple:

The religious right lost on marriage equality and changed tactics.

DarkPrimus on
This discussion has been closed.