As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CYOA] Ardor & Obligation (Epilogue.)

• Options
    TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    A - that aloof street mouser we've always petted but never remembered to mention. Failing that we shold get Dhara. She is strong and probably got some good gear she has made for herself

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Votes for a mercenary beat out recruiting Dhara.

In lieu of a post tonight, I'm going to work on retooling the combat engine, and we'll go ahead and have the next vote now.

These are the mercenaries haunting the taverns and dockyards of Dooreyt. Who catches your eye?

Nevan (Machinist, Lv 20, He/him)
    Attack: 6 +1
    Tech: 4
    Move: 5
    Defend: 5
    Belts: 12
    Nature: Cheerful, Brilliant

Essa (Monk, Lv 21, She/her)
    Attack: 6 +2
    Tech: 4
    Move: 6
    Defend: 4
    Belts: 8
    Nature: Wise, Patient

Akeides (Assassin, Lv 22, They/them)
    Attack: 8 +1
    Tech: 6
    Move: 5
    Defend: 3
    Belts: 9
    Nature: Distant, Professional

Gandry (Beastmaster, Lv 20, He/him)
    & Royal (Mastiff)
    Attack: 3 +1
    Tech: 8
    Move: 4
    Defend: 5
    Belts: 10
    Nature: Impulsive, Kind

Victoria (Sentinel, Lv 21, She/her)
    Attack: 4 +1
    Tech: 6
    Move: 3
    Defend: 9
    Belts: 17
    Nature: Decisive, Proud

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Clearly the only real option here is Gandry so we can all pet Royal, though Victoria's belt stat is impressive enough to get her a close second.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Yeah, we'll take Gandry but we're going to call him Stafford II when he's out of earshot

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Gandry and Royal

• Options
    pga8cr7op231.png

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Consider: Royal could have a belt for a collar.

Plus impulsive and kind is what I’m going for with our crew, as best my votes allow.

• Options
    Throwing party comp conventional knowledge to the wind, the votes are once again a consensus, and the result has been improved. Gandry will now join the party at Lv 22 instead of 20!
    The last of the day's sunlight became a slim line, and then fell behind the buildings on the Stera's west bank. Tia watched from a footbridge crossing the river. The craftsmen and merchants on both sides began to close their shops, and foot traffic began to pick up as those that lived on the opposite side journeyed to their homes.

Her arm hurt like hell. By the time they'd arrived in the city, she'd had to use her silverpetal oil. The curse had been up past the elbow, and the heat was no longer contained by her gloves. She'd made an extra effort to keep a few feet apart from people at all times.

Opta had been horrified to learn what had befallen them. He promised Tia that he'd do everything he could to help. Notably, he'd given her a flask of the mageblessing that he'd paid a local apothecary to concoct from the boda vurga.

Hilda and Atma were resting at the inn. It was a good thing the journey back to Dooreyt was peaceful, in their condition it was questionable if they could even defend themselves. For a certain species of miscreant, a trio of injured women would be a prize worth no small risk.

She had hoped to persuade Dhara to join them, but when she visited the forge the door had been locked, the neighboring shopkeep said she'd had to make a delivery to Runo on short notice. Tia was planning to travel upriver to the west towards Moille. She couldn't afford to wait for Dhara to get back.

She pushed away from the bridge and checked the note Opta had given her. A friend of Opta's whose services could be invaluable. Of course, there was a price tag attached, but that was up to her to negotiate. She was short on time, but at least she had a bit of credit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uORnRSM5JjE
    Tia knocked on the door, and it practically flew open. Opta hadn't told her much about what to expect, but it wasn't this. The man who opened the door was smiling from ear to ear. He was handsome, with a wave of black hair up top, and while he was a fair deal older than Tia, he was younger than she'd expected from the "retired soldier" descriptor Opta had given her. A huge black hound whose shoulders were level with his waist trotted up behind him and put its head under the man's hand - or where his hand would have been, had his arm not terminated just above the wrist.

TIA: I'm looking for Gandry...?
    GANDRY: And here I am! And this here is Royal. Say hello, Royal.

The dog woofed softly.

TIA: I'll be quick, because I have an urgent task I need help with. My brother has been beaten and kidnapped, and I pursue the men responsible. Opta told me you might be able to help me track them down.
    GANDRY: Well, if there's one thing Royal and I excel at, it's tracking people down.
    TIA: I can pay you, of course. If it's a matter of-
    GANDRY: We can talk payment later. If time is of the essence, then we should get started right away.
    TIA: I... are you sure?

Gandry picked up a pack and slung it over his shoulders.

TIA: Did Opta tell you to expect me? How is it that you're already packed?

Gandry smiled. Or continued smiling? Even his resting face had crinkles around his eyes that suggested the hint of a smile.

GANDRY: When you've got half as many hands as most folk, you try to prepare as much as possible when you've got time. I always keep a travel pack by the door just for situations like this.
    TIA: Does this happen often?
    GANDRY: There's no time to waste when it comes to a missing person. Take me to where you're staying, we can talk on the way. Do you have anything that belongs to your brother?

Tia pulled Alexei's sword from her pack. It had flown from Adjin's hands when Tyree had blasted him.

GANDRY: That's good. Leather wrapped handle. Yeah, that'll do. May I?

She handed him the sword, he held it out for Royal.

GANDRY: Get a good sniff, Royal.

Royal did just so.

Returning to Dooreyt has yielded 3 PostTokens, for a total of 7!

Is Royal a boy or a girl?
    A. Boy
    B. Girl

Tell me something useful Gandry knows about the local wildlife. Or something interesting about Royal?
    X. ________

Free Actions
    +Y. Use item (specify)
    +Z. Side quest (specify)

I'm still reworking the status screen to accommodate the stat changes. I've temporarily removed some of the Shop items as part of the combat revamp, they'll return once I can spend some more time on it. Some inventory items have had their effects changed, be sure to check out the updated descriptions.

I've also changed loyalty values for the allies. Some were updated to better reflect their relationship with Alexei and Tia, while Helmuth's was updated to reflect a change in how he feels toward you after being injured trying to help his community.

Status
    Party | Inventory | Allies | Key Items | Quests (2) | Shop

• Options
    B. Royal is a girl, but she's still a good boy.
    X. Gandry knows that a bear can regenerate it's tentacles endlessly, if it has enough food and time to do so. This makes them popular for hunters who specialize in drugging them into unconsciousness to harvest the tentacles, often sold as an expensive delicacy to the aristocrats.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Updated status screen. Belts is now a character stat, though they don't count towards character level, and what purpose they serve is yet to be determined. A few inventory items have been changed to fit the new system.

Status

Delzhand on
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    B. Who's a pretty girl? Is it *Royal*?...yes she is, yes she is!

X. Royal is a very jealous puppers. Once she gets to sniff and know them, she'll look-over the Party and keep an excellent watch in the dead of night out of love for her "Family"...but, any attempt to "sneak" around without her is a thankless chore, since she whines and claws for pets the moment she feels abandoned

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    B

X: Birds are a hoax perpetuated by the empire

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Gandry and Royal followed Tia into the room.

ATMA: Doje!

Royal looked up at her owner, and he nodded. The great black hound approached Atma and received a shower of affection.

GANDRY: You all took a heck of a beating, it seems.
    HILDA: Is that your way of telling us we look like hell?
    GANDRY: Well, you're upright and walking, and that's what really counts!
    TIA: I've explained our situation. Warts and all.
    HILDA: And you're still willing to help?
    GANDRY: I don't judge. Tracking people is a calling.

Hilda shot Tia a questioning look. Tia shrugged.

GANDRY: Some, I'm sure, would argue that Alexei brought this on himself. But it sounds to me like he was trying to put that life behind him. Second chances are rare.
    TIA: Adjin has a two day lead on us. We have to get back on the road.
    HILDA: Who is this Adjin? It seemed like Alexei knew him.

Tia sighed.

TIA: Whitecloak isn't the only mercenary company in operation in these parts. A lot of mercs who either don't make the cut or think they can do better solo will hire out their services at lower rates. Adjin is one of those. Alexei crossed swords with him a few times. Adjin came to think of him as a rival.
    HILDA: But would have known him as Whisper, right? He called you "Alexei and Tia... Margrave"?
    TIA: Yes, that's our house name. Not that there's much value in House Margrave anymore. That's a long story I don't feel like getting into right now. But it does tell me that Durandal outed us, and if Alexei is dead I will personally destroy everything he holds dear.
    GANDRY: Okay, okay, let's take this one thing at a time. Count Aldove's residence is in Moille, right? That's where they'll be taking him.
    TIA: Unless... he tells them that Durandal has the child? In which case they may be heading to Runo. But would they believe him? Surely Durandal wouldn't have mentioned that the child lived.
    GANDRY: Speculation won't get us anywhere. I'll ask around. They almost certainly passed through Dooreyt, and a figure like Adjin wouldn't go unnoticed.
    TIA: Thank you.
    GANDRY: I'll be back in two hours. Get a bit of rest. We'll leave as soon as I get back, assuming I've found aught of value.
    TIA: What of your rate?
    GANDRY: Is there a price you wouldn't agree to for your brother's return?
    TIA: ...No, I suppose not.
    GANDRY: Then don't sweat it just yet. Let me see what kind of risk I'm in for firsthand.

He turned towards the door.

GANDRY: Royal?

Royal stood, licked Atma's hand, and followed Gandry out to the street.

You've got two hours until Gandry's return. What are you doing?
    A. Rest (2 hours, recover 60HP)
    B. Rest (1 hour, recover 25HP)
    C. Rest (30m, recover 10HP)
    D. Procure new weapons (1 hour, Tia, Hilda, Atma ATK +1)
    E. Visit an apothecary (30m, acquire Heal x1, repeatable)
    F. Visit provisioner (30m, acquire 1 random Stuffed Pepper/Mastery Scroll/Vigor Drink/Veil of Night, repeatable)
    G. Eat a good meal (1 hour, Tia, Hilda, Atma Max HP +D10+5)

When Gandry returns, he'll have a better idea which route to take.
    1. Adjin left town towards Moille, he's probably taking Alexei to the Count
    2. Adjin left town towards Moldaba, he's maybe going to Runo?

Free Actions
    +Y. Use item (specify)
    +Z. Side quest (specify)

Status

Delzhand on
  • Options
    As a side note, I want to point out that you can give gifts to Gandry, but you cannot give gifts to Royal specifically. While I can already hear your cries of protest, this is because dogs inherently have MAX LOYALTY to trustworthy people.

• Options
    B.
    D.
    +Z. Take part in a universally played card game called Pulludo.

• Options
    @Endless_Serpents Specify an opponent and choose any 3 cards from a standard playing card deck.

• Options
    Unnamed Salary Man Sat on Bench

k4n49pg8y2y3.jpeg
    ijidp1uox9p6.jpeg
    l2kpd317a8no.jpeg

• Options
    This card game better not awaken anything in me.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Queen of Diamonds vs 5 of Clubs: lose
    Queen of Hearts vs 6 of Diamonds: win
    King of Spades vs 10 of Spades: win

You win!

Pulludo is a simple game. Compare three cards. If the suits are the same color, the high card wins. If the suits are the opposite color, the low card wins. Ties are a loss in either case.

I need to consider the wider mechanics of rewards and challenges. Since this basically boils down to a coin flip I'm not going to create a new system for this. However, the salaryman (of fantasy equivalent thereof) flips you a PostToken for indulging him despite your apparent haste.

Also, where can I buy that deck???

Delzhand on
  • Options
    B.
    D.
    Y - Mage Blessing for Tia.

• Options
    B
    G
    Y Smoky Spices to Gandry the new lad

• Options
    To my understanding they are by Mahdieh Farhadkiaei and sold through, at least, Black Dragon Press, if not also her own site if she has one. It is not a complete deck, unfortunately, but one might make you a good poster.

y0xkctb6fo9q.jpeg
    rjdoutcru4aa.jpeg
    v0nu10se9tl2.jpeg

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    B
    G

• Options
    edited August 2021
    A partial consensus has empowered the result! Instead of a tie between D and G, the party has found time for both.

Tia has recovered an extra 25HP, purchased a Kaiser Claw (+2 ATK), and permanently gained 10 Max HP!
    The Mageblessing reduced curse accumulation from 5% per tech to 2% and raised Tia's Max HP by 12.
    Hilda has recovered an extra 25HP, purchased a (new) Hunter's Bow (+2 ATK), and permanently gained 13 Max HP!
    Atma has recovered an extra 25HP, purchased a Silver Hatchet (+2 ATK), and permanently gained 8 Max HP!
    Gandry appreciates the Smoky Spices! This should make the party's meals more flavorful. Loyalty increased from 1 to 2!
    The road to Moille followed the Stera river northwest. The summer season had begun to bleed into autumn, and the calming weather made for a pleasant journey, all things considered. Royal trotted dutifully at Gandry's side, Atma and Hilda continued their language exchanges, and Tia kept mostly to herself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-oQTu_NXhk
    GANDRY: You can ask if you want to.
    HILDA: Okay. What happened to your hand?
    GANDRY: I was a captain in the imperial army. Several years ago I had my wrist shattered by an enemy sword. The battle was going poorly. I was one of a few survivors, but it was days before I was found and received treatment. By then it was too late.
    HILDA: Please don't tell me it was Sevando...
    GANDRY: No, this was years before Sevando.

Hilda breathed a sigh of relief.

GANDRY: Since I could no longer use a sword in service of the empire, I was... retired. They gave me an award for bravery, which I burned, and a stipend, which I used to purchase a house in Dooreyt and Royal's mother.

Atma stopped to pick up a fallen branch, then hurled it ahead of her.

ATMA: Ja!

Royal ran ahead and picked up the branch, and waited patiently for the group to catch up.

HILDA: Why a dog?
    GANDRY: Her owner was desperate for coin, Nemeria was missing a paw, felt like it was meant to be.
    HILDA: Was she as sweet as Royal is?
    GANDRY: No, actually. She was poorly cared for, and terribly behaved. I kept a jar of treats on the counter, and she knocked it down and ate the whole lot of them. I moved it to a cupboard, she found it again. I moved it six more times, and she sniffed it out every time.

Hilda laughed.

GANDRY: A young girl went missing a few years later. Nemeria and I volunteered to help with the search. We found her quickly, Nemeria led me right to her. We got a reputation, and one thing led to another...
    HILDA: Huh. What about Royal?
    GANDRY: I trust I don't need to explain where puppies come from.
    HILDA: And Nemeria?

Gandry's smile faded, slightly.

GANDRY: That's... still a little raw. Maybe a topic for another time. It's just me and Royal now. But between her natural talent and more consistent discipline as a puppy, we've been able to help more people. I took up studying animal behavior, particularly local beasts.
    HILDA: And now you're helping track down a former bandit and mercenary. A far cry from lost children, eh?
    GANDRY: Dooreyt's not a huge city. I take cases as I find them.

Atma was spinning the branch in the air with her magic, keeping it aloft above Royal's head. Royal leapt for it, and Atma raised it out of reach.

TIA: Don't tease the dog, Atma.
    ATMA: Know dogs, Tia. Not child. Two hundred winters!
    HILDA: What did you say, Atma?
    ATMA: Stafford ask, before. How many winter, me? Two hundred winters Bleda.

Tia raised an eyebrow.

HILDA: Atma... are you bleda vona?

Atma nodded.

TIA: Bleda vona?
    HILDA: ...Native Bledan.
    GANDRY: I'm somewhat out of the loop here. Clue me in?

Outgoing mail from Dooreyt was 6 parcels, for a total of 12. You've got 8 PostTokens saved up, don't forget to spend them! I've added "purchase" to the Free Actions as a reminder.

The road to Moille is long. Royal barks in the middle of the night, rousing the party. What has she detected?
    A. A marsh bear. These creatures are usually placid and can be driven off by loud noises. (difficulty 3, 1x XP)
    B. A river soul or 3. Sometimes drowned souls will take form and accost the living. (difficulty 5, 1.5x XP)
    C. A night stalker. These midnight-black panthers are so stealthy they seem to vanish and reappear at will. (difficulty 7, 2x XP)

Free Actions
    +W. Purchase item(s) (specify)
    +Y. Use item(s) (specify)
    +Z. Start side quest (specify)

Status

Delzhand on
  • Options
    B. I think we'd be able to take the Night Stalker, but we're still pretty injured. Better safe than sorry.

W. I'd like to purchase a pair of mastery scrolls and feed them to Atma to get her on parity with Hilda, level wise. But I'd rather not make that decision unilaterally since the Post Tokens are a group resource.
    Any seconds?

• Options
    B. It’s simply the most interesting encounter. Plus I have this… recollection… something about collecting souls being good for levelling.

Z. Play Pulludo with the souls once they are defeated. Playing this universal card game is very important.

• Options
    B

W yeah get the mastery scrolls like see suggests

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Two Mastery Scrolls have been purchased and gifted to Atma. Atma gained 100 XP, increasing her level to 19!

Status

Delzhand on
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    The party sat around a small campfire in a clearing away from the road, marked by a trail sign. The day's light had faded, and they ate a stew of Gandry's recipe. Royal lay dozing at the edge of the campfire's heat. Atma, who had seemed distant since the afternoon, looked suddenly towards Hilda.

HILDA: What is it?
    ATMA: Slate.

Hilda handed her a small chalkboard they used for studying. Atma drew a bunch of squares, then paused and looked up.

ATMA: What... year is now?
    TIA: It's 236.

Atma grimaced, frustrated.

ATMA: Year from what?
    TIA: Year from... I don't understand.
    HILDA: I think she's asking what was two hundred and thirty six years ago. That's the empire's founding date.
    ATMA: Empire... Cladinelm?
    TIA: Right. Our calendar starts at the founding of the Cladinelm Empire.

Atma considered this, then held up the chalkboard and tapped the squares.

ATMA: Bleda. Year... 20?

She drew a few crude figures holding swords, and above them a tree, which everyone else recognized as the imperial crest.

ATMA: Cladinelm come Bleda. Bleda strong magic, peaceful. Elders not want be part Cladinelm.

She erased the chalkboard with her sleeve and drew a figure with somewhat more detail.

ATMA: Elder say I strong heart. I heart protect Bleda.

She drew a heart on her chest.

ATMA: I just girl, scared. Pray at Hollos, run from Elders. But get catch, put in chain.

She erased the heart from her chest and drew it over her head, then drew a long hexagon around it.

ATMA: Elders take heart out. Magic keep alive, as long as on altar. Heart go to...

She erased herself and drew a large horned bird.

ATMA: ...Obela.

Tia nodded towards Gandry.

TIA: That's the thing we fought in Bleda.
    ATMA: Elders say Cladinelm return, more men, more sword. Want Bleda magic.
    HILDA: From what I hear, the citizens of Bleda destroyed the city rather than let its secrets fall into the hands of the empire.

Atma shrugged.

ATMA: When first sleep, not remember. But wake up, city empty. City broken. No elder, no Cladinelm. Only me, only Obela. Still chain.

She erased the bird from the board.

ATMA: Obela have mind. Protect city. But... 200 year... I want free. No more sleep. Want eat, want travel, want be alive. Even if get old.

She looked up.

ATMA: Alexei, Stafford, Tia, Hilda come. Help me, free me, give heart back. Now Alexei gone, Stafford hurt. Not know healing, not help for Stafford. But astra, help Alexei? I try.
    TIA: I appreciate it, Atma, I really do.
    ATMA: "Don't tease dog." Look young, not know all words, not know empire. But still elder here. Not treat child.

She smiled.

TIA: I'm sorry, Atma. I didn't know.
    ATMA: You not ask, I not have enough words. No harm.
    GANDRY: Wow. What a tale. I don't think I've ever heard anything like it.

Royal stood and sniffed the air, then let out a sharp bark in the direction of the road.

GANDRY: What do you smell, girl?

Three pair of ember-like eyes floated out of the gloom, fixed within darkened cowls. Royal growled, deep and throaty.

GANDRY: River souls... If we don't get rid of them, we won't get any sleep. Try not to let them touch you, if you can avoid it.

The souls drifted closer, the night mist resolving into ragged forms, hovering in the air like wet sackclock dolls.

Combat orders?

As a reminder, you now have full control over who takes what action. Consult the status screen to see character stats!

Free Actions

Status

Delzhand on
  • Options
    Atma:
    Tech
    Defend
    Attack

• Options
    Gandry: Defend
    Hilda: Move
    Tia: Tech

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Hilda: ATTACK
    Tia: MOVE
    Gandry: TECH

xqnur4q2xdtb.jpeg

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    I think everyone's on the same page, but I'll clarify some things real quick:

A character can take multiple actions (as in see's post). Since each action a character takes gains XP, this is a good way to level up specific characters.
    Multiple characters cannot select the same action (basically the same rules before, each of the commands may only be selected once per round).

And in case you've got the galaxy brain idea of maxing out a single character, just remember that you can also theoretically level Aerith up to 99. Take from that what you will 8-)

• Options
    Lost power due to a storm, and I can't run the combat engine from my phone. The outcome will have to wait a little longer.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP2_8Gt4fIk
    The trio of souls spread apart as the coalesced, each one slightly different. The one closest to Hilda grew lanky, and it's sackcloth body tattered and frayed. It whipped out an ectoplasmic tentacle, snaking around Hilda's waist, constricting as it moved. She put an arrow through it, center mass, and it dissipated, fading away to mist, except for its eyes.

The other two moved towards Gandry. One of the souls twisted and warped, growing long, clawed appendages. Royal leapt between the shades and her master, baring her fangs. She snarled and snapped, almost a completely different dog than the gentle pup who'd played fetch with Atma just hours ago.

The two remaining souls hesitated.

Sensing weakness, Atma pulled together enough astra to create two small twisters, and sent them hurtling towards the river souls. The twisters merged, pulling in both souls, and shredding their essence, scattering effervescent cloth in all directions.

Only the eyes of the trio remained. The glowered dejectedly, but retreated back towards the river.

GANDRY: They won't be back. It takes them time to accumulate enough elemental astra to form bodies.
    TIA: There wasn't much to them, was there?
    HILDA: They seemed real to me.
    GANDRY: Oh, damn. One of them got you, huh?
    HILDA: It's fine, it doesn't hurt at all.
    GANDRY: No, I don't imagine so, but I, uh, be prepared for some vivid dreams tonight.
    ATMA: Yujani, in Bleda. "Lake Ghost". Plenty at night come.
    TIA: Then it's just as well we got you out of there before sundown.

Hilda looked at Gandry.

HILDA: Vivid dreams, huh?

Tia earned 30xp!
    Gandry earned 30xp!
    Hilda earned 30xp!
    Atma earned 15xp!

@see317's actions struck the killing blow. The enemy dropped a Unique Seashell!

Combat Log

Hilda tossed and turned. The old lady in Moldaba gazed at her, through her. Her wares, the Ardor totems, danced on her market stall table, animated like marionettes.

CRONE: One call to you, yes? You take!

Hilda found her arm reaching towards the platform involuntarily. She was not in control, and she moved like molasses. Her mind screamed at her, telling her not to touch the statues.

But there was no helping it. Her body moved of its own accord. She reached out her slender, dark fingers, and closed them around one of the carved figures.

She brought it close and inspected it.

Who has Hilda picked up?
    A. Hypurr: Ardor of Dreaming Sapphire, the blue gigan
    B. Athmaub: Ardor of Four-fold Wing, the dragon empress
    C. Cas: Ardor of Infinite Sight, the winged wheel
    D. Angka: Ardor of Earth's Breath, the sunset horns

Free Actions

Status

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Delz, Are you going to adjust the levels on the sidequests? It seems like all the levels went up about when we recruited Gandry. The party members were all low single digit, and Gandry was 20+. Now we're all high teens near 20 with Gandry at 22.
    Just wanted to see if the side missions were still lvl 8 and lvl 6. If they are, we should probably drag Gandry along and take those off the board, once we rest to recover HP anyway.

Hilda picked up A. Hypurr: Ardor of Dreaming Sapphire, the blue gigan
    3qydmv3lqc3d.jpg

see317 on
  • Options
    Character level is now the sum total of a character's base stats, so it doesn't compare 1:1 with difficulty.

Encounters thus far have only had one stat, a generalized "power", used for all comparisons. Essentially, a level 8 encounter is a level 32 (8 atk, 8 tech, 8 def, 8 move) enemy with 8 HP.

The change to stats is neutral at best, but more likely a slight nerf. The party is slightly minmaxed in favor of offense, so an lucky roll by even a slightly weaker enemy could still smoke you.

So I might convert the quest difficulty to encounter level, but that won't be a change to the actual challenge.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    The combat log didn't show any HP gain for Gantry's defend vs move?

discrider on
  • Options
    The numbers aren't outcomes, they're how many dice get rolled. It's always possible to roll 0 successes. Maybe I'll add that info to the display for next time.

• Options
    Any further votes? Dreams may not be just dreams!