As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] Let Loose

19495969798100»

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    I need someone to explain the new trend of #shorts on youtube, and these like 30 second trailer things marvel and disney and everyone is doing.

Like what's the advertising logic behind it?

google exec: haow come tick tomck make money we do not maek??? video short good make shorp video NOW every one

I didn't know doge was a google exec now

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    I need someone to explain the new trend of #shorts on youtube, and these like 30 second trailer things marvel and disney and everyone is doing.

Like what's the advertising logic behind it?

google exec: haow come tick tomck make money we do not maek??? video short good make shorp video NOW every one

I didn't know doge was a google exec now

Always have been

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Episode 9 of Dave is really good

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    If I don't wear shorts, how else will I show off these nice legs?

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Google's CEO might be Doge but we know it's the Cat illuminati that runs the internet.

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    Also I actually hate shorts, as in the type of clothing. I find them abominable like all things that try to have it both ways

Either wear pants or nothing!!!

Shorts. They are nice. I'm wearing some pink ones right now.

I had my hedge fund dad salmon jons on all weekend.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    First day of Fall Semester with everyone back in classrooms.
    Fred is moving in this afternoon
    So I have the hard choice of leaving work for lunch and maybe not having a parking spot close by and getting soaked this afternoon
    or
    go to the cafeteria which might have a super long wait and be crowded

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Also I actually hate shorts, as in the type of clothing. I find them abominable like all things that try to have it both ways

Either wear pants or nothing!!!

i am also anti-wearing shorts when i'm not just around the house and i pay for my principles dearly from May through September

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Shorts are bad because theyre not jorts

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular

The tonal shift from season one to two is crazy and the fact that everyone is still along for the ride means I hope we keep getting this kind of show.

• Options
    I live in shorts, a t-shirt, and flip flops.

Underwear is usually optional around the house.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    You have to suffer for fashion sometimes, that's what makes it fashion

Alternatively, shorts are ok as long as they're fashionable (just like me they have to be high, tight, and loud as hell)

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    Shorts are bad because theyre not jorts

all jorts are shorts
    but not all shorts are jorts
    - Vin Dad-diesel

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    joshgotro wrote: »

The tonal shift from season one to two is crazy and the fact that everyone is still along for the ride means I hope we keep getting this kind of show.

I'mma be honest I almost stopped watching it the first three eps into season 2. It took a bit for the overall story to become clear. I'm glad I stuck it out because now I'm back on board for S3

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    San Diego has allowed me to embrace shorts

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    global warming is going to make shorts a thing

trendy streetwear shorts
    business cas shorts
    formal shorts

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Elendil wrote: »
    global warming is going to make shorts a thing

trendy streetwear shorts
    business cas shorts
    formal shorts

Maybe this will give the world the motivation to fight it.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was zooming by at warp 1.1

@Doodmann will create the new thread
    @amateurhour is backup

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I have mixed feelings about the concept of authenticity (while not having mixed feelings about people who are snooty about it).

On the one hand, it really is a shame if someone spends their whole life thinking "Chinese food" == fried rice or some greasy tofu mess from PF Chang's. China has like a seventh of humans! It's fucking huge, and if someone has never had Chinese food that isn't just soy sauce and maybe ginger with a bunch of oil, rice, and a protein, then that's kind of a shame, because there are some neat dishes with interesting ingredients (Szechuan peppercorns: amazing). So just from the perspective of being exposed to new things that people might like, it does suck if there's nothing "authentic" they can get, because it's a little limiting.

On the other hand "authenticity" is a super garbage concept. In addition to basically being meaningless, who give a shit if things are adapted to local tastes? That's great, that's exactly what cultural exchange should look like. Honestly, the problems associated with inauthenticity are basically just the problem of corporate monoculture, where your options for Chinese food are frequently that everything is a couple of watered down dishes aimed at the lowest common denominator and homogenized nationwide through corporate ownership of so many points of access. People being shitty about stuff being inauthentic are silly and entirely missing the point, authenticity is good when it provides interesting and maybe superior rare experiences, it's not intrinsically good in any way when it comes to e.g. food.

This discussion has been closed.