As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You must pay $60 to read the same arguments in the [Nintendo] thread

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Magic

oh well that's fine then

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    but then what is in them???

The Power of Friendship.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Magic

Magic and Pokemon are different games, gg.

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    But it's the same - what your ancestors called magic, my people called technology

• Options
    But really, the most important thing is that follower Pokemon are back!

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    talkin' about dead souls like you're showing off a mildly interesting dog dish on the home shopping network.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I've been watching a lot of Pokémon cartoons because my kid is all about it and I think I've come to the conclusion that the Pokémon world makes no god damned sense.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    TheStig wrote: »
    I've been watching a lot of Pokémon cartoons because my kid is all about it and I think I've come to the conclusion that the Pokémon world makes no god damned sense.

What doesn't make sense? When your kid turns 10, a weird professor gives them a deadly wild animal and then they travel around the country by themselves, beating gangsters in fantasy dog fights. Then they become the world champion of fantasy dogfighting and capture God in a PokeBall if they survive

Chall on
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular

Pokemon.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Can't wait to carve open a Wyrdeer to survive the weather on Hoth.

But seriously:
    Looks like rocks.
    Crafting screen appears to be apricorn + rock.

Also Pokemon have 'preferred foods' so as well as jamming random things together to make balls, we're going to jam random things into our Pokemon to heal them.

And based on Wyrdeer's introduction, it sounds like we're also going to jam random things together like Wyrdeer fur to make clothing.
    Probably from drops from battles (like maybe 'Broken Growlithe Horn').
    Hence the first comment; very Monster Hunter.

discrider on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    It's a little sad when you think about how the new Pokemon variants might be extinct in present day (they've written around this before), although we recently got "Corsola can evolve if it dies" and now "Basculin can evolve if its friends die" so I feel kinda bad for Basculegion in a different way.

• Options
    I'm hoping we'll maybe see a slightly less pathetic type of Magikarp since their ancestors were supposed to be stronger

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    It's a little sad when you think about how the new Pokemon variants might be extinct in present day (they've written around this before), although we recently got "Corsola can evolve if it dies" and now "Basculin can evolve if its friends die" so I feel kinda bad for Basculegion in a different way.

Oh no..
    I was only getting mad at Poke Go regionals when I suggested Cursola

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Well in this case it seems like the evos and variants went extinc5 because the region became less hostile so it isnt that bad I guess

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Chall wrote: »
    I'm hoping we'll maybe see a slightly less pathetic type of Magikarp since their ancestors were supposed to be stronger

Magikarp salesman but he lives in a mansion and his asking price is above the money cap.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021
    I'm into the vibe of Legends but those fields looked... Kind of empty

It looked better than it did last time but I still gotta see more before I'm fully on board

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
  • Options
    I'm into the vibe of Legends but those fields looked... Kind of empty

It looked better than it did last time but I still gotta see more before I'm fully on board

The Wild Areas were a solid proof of concept but it was definitely a bummer that there was little to do or see in them. Not every open world game needs to follow the same blueprint, but points of interest do spice things up.

That said the more I watch the trailer the more I'm sold, it looks quite pretty and the music is great so far.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Nintendo of America
    @NintendoAmerica
    WAH! A free demo for #WarioWareGetItTogether is now available on the #NintendoSwitch #eShop! Download now and try out a selection of microgames before the game’s release on 9/10!

http://ninten.do/6013n4bYN

oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDF5xpjGzBs
    Incoming Transmission… … …

In the second half of this video, why is Samus wearing a different suit than the one she started with?
    Shedding light on new mysteries revealed in an upcoming game trailer. Please look forward to it on August 27!

LORE

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Goddamn, that's NEXT WEEK?

or.. is that the video releases next week?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    God I hope the reveal is just that Samus changes suits from a closet and then moves on

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Goddamn, that's NEXT WEEK?

or.. is that the video releases next week?

the release date is october 8th

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Alright, in spite some minor scepticism, the new Warioware rules, I can't wait for the final release.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x3n6ebaxI8
    Want to see the latest game Wario and friends have been cooking up? Want to learn more about the fast-and-fun microgames? Dive into the details of the WarioWare: Get It Together! game in the video above!

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I must possess this.

No one else shall own it.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    The thing that weirds me out in the demo is that everyone's lines in the intro are fully voiced... except for Wario, who gets one or two words at the start of his lines, like he's in a budget Gamecube-era RPG. If it was all silent for everyone, that'd make more sense, at least.

I wonder if that'll change for the full release, and Martinet was just busy.

Enlong on
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

In the second half of this video, why is Samus wearing a different suit than the one she started with?
    Shedding light on new mysteries revealed in an upcoming game trailer. Please look forward to it on August 27!

LORE

I wonder if they're going to do a thing where
    you get halfway through the game and find out you've been playing as the SA-X the whole time

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Hey guys let's send death robots to take care of the evil parasites that can control anything

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Hey guys let's send death robots to take care of the evil parasites that can control anything

May as well, my project to clone an army of jellyfish that can suck the life out of anything fell apart.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    already a little bummed that it sounds like the federation robots just got taken over and that's why they're attacking samus, instead of just being there to attack samus because she's a fugitive

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Butler wrote: »

LORE

you get halfway through the game and find out you've been playing as the SA-X the whole time

Metroid Fusion ending
    I believe you eat the SA-X at the end of Fusion after it gets murked by the Metroid. But it would be kind of neat if Samus now basically had the power to send an SA-X out to do jobs.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    already a little bummed that it sounds like the federation robots just got taken over and that's why they're attacking samus, instead of just being there to attack samus because she's a fugitive

It seems like she's just, working for them again honestly.

Finally make a game post Fusion and just dumping the plot is not particularly surprising honestly.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »

It seems like she's just, working for them again honestly.

Finally make a game post Fusion and just dumping the plot is not particularly surprising honestly.

From the sound of it, it's more that they dropped nuance in localization of Fusion

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    My understanding, from what others have posted, is that this is a mistranslation thing where the original Japanese is talking about multiple different factions within the Galactic Federation and the one Samus butts up against in Other M/Fusion is one specific rogue faction?

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

LORE

Metroid Fusion ending
    I believe you eat the SA-X at the end of Fusion after it gets murked by the Metroid. But it would be kind of neat if Samus now basically had the power to send an SA-X out to do jobs.
    According to your computer AI, the SA-X is able to reproduce asexually, and there are "no less than 10" SA-X on the space station. It would be completely believable for one or more to escape before the station blows up.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »

LORE

Metroid Fusion ending
    According to your computer AI, the SA-X is able to reproduce asexually, and there are "no less than 10" SA-X on the space station. It would be completely believable for one or more to escape before the station blows up.
    But then one of them falls unconscious and the suit vanishes. Gottem.

• Options
    Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    Honestly between Prime and Fusion I think the idea of an evil Samus copy has run it's course.

FC: 1907-8030-1478
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    the idea of an evil Samus hasn’t run its course; it hasn’t even been done right yet

We need a Samus with a jagged mustache and a love of evil schemes. We need a Wamus.

This discussion has been closed.