As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Extraction. Exploitation. Tubes. [Satisfactory]

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Im excited for the Northern Forest rework as well. Reminds me of Northern California.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Before update 4 I'd built all the way up to making Nuclear Generators

I'm on my second go, maybe 25-30 hours in and the game has me daydreaming about what I'm going to do next when I get home.

Currently working towards unlocking mk4 Belts which I badly need to improve the flow of coal to my steel production.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
    Forgot how involved Aluminum production is. Getting Bauxite trained in and routing everything through my factory took a good couple hours. Just got it set to kicking out scrap before I had to work.

Gonna need to add a 4th floor to the factory soon. And start looking for new sites to start producing things elsewhere. Plenty of pure iron, multiple limestone nodes where I am But only one pure copper node

edited August 2021
    Set up a much larger offsite aluminum line and am also bottling nitrogen. Valves came in really handy, allowing me to run the waste water from production back into the alumina line without it throttling the scrap line.

Now I just need to extend my train line over there and reorganize storage at the main factory. That's tonight's project :)

And noticed my power is fluctuating a lot. No doubt my fuel generators are the cause, most likely the ones running fuel after my rubber and plastic lines.

Mulletude on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited August 2021

YES!

YES!

THANK YOU!

Peewi on
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I love their dumb ass videos. The pipe reveal is still my favorite.

Does anybody use the little cart? Am I missing it's purpose?

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Does anybody use the little cart? Am I missing it's purpose?

It's for getting around factories. It has terrible traction on ground but it works very well on foundations.

edited August 2021
    I've used one, just seems faster to run?

Recently acquired the hover pack and that's been a joy for building. Except for when I flew out of range of my power poles and plummeted to my death haha

Mulletude on
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I was playing a couple weeks ago and discovered (or felt) that going run -> crouch slide -> jump gave a little speed boost compared to flat running.

So yeah, Satisfactory is now Warframe for me.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    When setting up coal generators, do you basically have to provide them with more water than they consume to make sure they stay filled? I have a setup where I thought I was being clever by merging main pipes and providing exactly as much water as needed, but in reality a few of the generators keep turning off from lack of water.

Peewi wrote: »
    When setting up coal generators, do you basically have to provide them with more water than they consume to make sure they stay filled? I have a setup where I thought I was being clever by merging main pipes and providing exactly as much water as needed, but in reality a few of the generators keep turning off from lack of water.

You're adhering to the limit of water you can put into your pipes, right? 300/m for a mark 1 pipe and 600/m for a mark 2.

You're adhering to the limit of water you can put into your pipes, right? 300/m for a mark 1 pipe and 600/m for a mark 2.

Yes, I'm aware of the capacity of pipes.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021
    no, they use exactly the amount they say they do. if the math says you're providing the precise amount called for and they're still shutting down due to lack of water, it's either because you did the math wrong (and it sounds like you did it correctly) or because there's a head lift issue.

Shorty on
    edited August 2021
    I'm pretty sure I've got pumps in all the relevant places.

I set it up a while ago and I'm just now coming back to the game.

I think I'm just gonna finish up my current project of getting nuclear power up and running and then I'll redo all these pipes.

EDIT: Also, this is built in the spire coast area, so I look forward to buildings being inside cliffs once update 5 hits.

Peewi on
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I've got pumps in all the relevant places.

I set it up a while ago and I'm just now coming back to the game.

I think I'm just gonna finish up my current project of getting nuclear power up and running and then I'll redo all these pipes.

EDIT: Also, this is built in the spire coast area, so I look forward to buildings being inside cliffs once update 5 hits.

pumps can be super finicky, you may wanna try a water tower

ikbUJdU.jpg
    162 hours played (137 on my main save) and I've finally got nuclear power running for the first time.

37F4F5AAFA8A5A3DF3531B4C17893ABD6EC6B280

It's a secondary factory with a separate power grid from my first one, but I just doubled my power production with the first nuclear power plant coming online.

I hope you have a good nuclear waste storage solution because that stuff piles surprisingly fast.

I hope you have a good nuclear waste storage solution because that stuff piles surprisingly fast.

If I've done the math correctly, with the impure uranium node I'm using right now and the recipes I've got at the moment, I can sustain 6 nuclear power plants.

That's 60 uranium waste per minute, or 8 min 20 sec for a full stack, or 6 hrs 40 min to fill an industrial storage container.

So if I chain 5 containers that will take over 30 hours to fill.

If I've done the math correctly, with the impure uranium node I'm using right now and the recipes I've got at the moment, I can sustain 6 nuclear power plants.

That's 60 uranium waste per minute, or 8 min 20 sec for a full stack, or 6 hrs 40 min to fill an industrial storage container.

So if I chain 5 containers that will take over 30 hours to fill.

That handles the volume, but how about the radioactivity? The area and lethality of the radioactive materials grows the more of it is concentrated in one place. (A full container will burn through a filter in seconds)

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Back to my original save, working on a big Heavy Modular Frame build that'll take 2 iron worth of nodes, 2 coal worth of nodes, the excess polymer resin i've been sinking up until now from my aluminum and power plant and combine all of this into 27 Heavy Modular Frames a second.

Which is of course leading to an escalating chain of things like "So i should build this train station over here to bring in concrete and also wire so i can use the 3rd set of iron and coal nodes i've got to make motors..."

Oh satisfactory.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    Anyone want more cosmetic items?

https://youtu.be/uZ25Omg31OA

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Definitely. All the cosmetics. ALL of them. No more than that. MORE

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    It already takes me ages to make things somewhat functional.

If there's also a bunch of options for making things pretty, that further complicates things.

I need really to be able to click and drag walls and foundations.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    It already takes me ages to make things somewhat functional.

If there's also a bunch of options for making things pretty, that further complicates things.

More cosmetic options are always good imo, right now its pretty easy to make things that look impressive but it's hard to make something actually look nice

2x39jD4.jpg
    Here's 20 minutes of going over the new cosmetic items and a few new ways to build stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZGq-W7r2sk

Zooping is a nice QoL feature, even with it being limited to one dimension it should speed up building foundations.

I'm a bit confused about the bit with the quick switch. It's already in the game as a radial menu, but in the video he seems to be cycling through options one at a time.

Zooping is a nice QoL feature, even with it being limited to one dimension it should speed up building foundations.

I'm a bit confused about the bit with the quick switch. It's already in the game as a radial menu, but in the video he seems to be cycling through options one at a time.

You can just tap E now instead of going into the radial menu.

I loaded up the game to check before posting and it seemed to just open the menu for the brief moment I held the button.

Entirely possible that I tapped too slow, I suppose.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Soft clearance/hard clearance is an amaaazing change

2x39jD4.jpg
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Soft clearance/hard clearance is an amaaazing change

between this and zooping it fixes like 90% of the issues I had with cosmetic building and laying foundations.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    "golf" is an interesting thing to tease

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

I loaded up the game to check before posting and it seemed to just open the menu for the brief moment I held the button.

Release 5 isn't out yet.

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    All that cosmetic stuff, soft and hard clearances, "zooping",

this update is going to be amazing

Elvenshae wrote: »

Release 5 isn't out yet.

I interpreted "now" to mean "now". I guess it actually meant "in update 5".

Sorry, I didn't realize I made it sound confusing. My bad.

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    The biggest question about Soft/Hard Clearance is what will Let's Game It Out do with it

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    The biggest question about Soft/Hard Clearance is what will Let's Game It Out do with it

He hasn't done anything with Update 4 yet, so I don't know if he's going to go back to Satisfactory.