As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War

• NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    WHY wrote:
    Renzo wrote:
    I really liked all the Demons of Razgriz stuff

Well I liked it, too. I just thought it was a bit overdone. In 4, you could hear radio chatter about "ribbon fighters" and you being fucked if you saw one, but you only heard it every once in a while.
    uhh... you were the ribbon fighter.

Sorry, by "you" i meant from the perspective of ground troops and enemies.

my bad.

NickTheNewbie on
  • TobyToby Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    To be honest I didn't like Zero anywhere near as much as I liked AC5. All of the criticisms directed at 5 are true - it's melodramatic, it's cheesy, Nagase is a whiny cunt - but I found myself wishing Zero had some of these things going just so it had something. The story is lacklustre, the characters are singular - and we never learn much about Pixy at all, even so far as exactly why he
    [spoiler:f569ae0bee]hooks up with the bad guys, I was hoping war had killed his sister or something, pick a cliche[/spoiler:f569ae0bee]
    so in the end when
    [spoiler:f569ae0bee]you fight him[/spoiler:f569ae0bee]
    it didn't really make me feel anything. In contrast AC5 had a bunch of lame people that at least were people.

The game is also much, much shorter than 5 (18 missions vs. 28?) and has much less variety (AC5 has you taking out radar dishes, neutralising chemicals, taking photos, guiding another plane, following another plane, running for your life...). The aces are all exactly the same to fight, which is to say it takes a while longer to get behind them than normal enemy planes, and honestly I can't see how they could have been made anymore exciting. The ace dynamic just seems like a bad idea from the get-go.

The only things that remain are the same gameplay and great music, but it didn't take me more than a few missions in Zero to realise that those were not why I loved AC5.

I sure hope someone else feels the same way.

Toby on
  • PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Whatever everyone may think about Nagase ( I personally think she's one of my favorite game characters of all time), you have to admit she was badass in "White Noise"

[spoiler:8bd89b057d] Shot down over enemy territory, Nagase leads Yuke forces on a chase across a frozen forest, captures several enemy soldiers, rescues the helicopter crew sent to save her, and calls out enemy positions to her squadron.[/spoiler:8bd89b057d]

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Whiniest Man On EarthWhiniest Man On Earth Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    PunkBoy wrote:
    Whatever everyone may think about Nagase ( I personally think she's one of my favorite game characters of all time), you have to admit she was badass in "White Noise"

[spoiler:2208079c4d] Shot down over enemy territory, Nagase leads Yuke forces on a chase across a frozen forest, captures several enemy soldiers, rescues the helicopter crew sent to save her, and calls out enemy positions to her squadron.[/spoiler:2208079c4d]

I totally agree. That was the moment where I was all

:shock:

over Nagase, but at the same time none of that badassitude carried over into the rest of the game. Her personality didn't reflect her actions whatsoever.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
    edited October 2006
    defrag wrote:
    PunkBoy wrote:

[spoiler:07ac647622] Shot down over enemy territory, Nagase leads Yuke forces on a chase across a frozen forest, captures several enemy soldiers, rescues the helicopter crew sent to save her, and calls out enemy positions to her squadron.[/spoiler:07ac647622]

over Nagase, but at the same time none of that badassitude carried over into the rest of the game. Her personality didn't reflect her actions whatsoever.

Heh, it's probably just coincidence, but Nagase is always the first wingman to zoom ahead and engage the enemy in my game. She also has the second highest kill count next to me.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
    edited October 2006
    PunkBoy wrote:
    defrag wrote:
    PunkBoy wrote:

[spoiler:e56784a9b1] Shot down over enemy territory, Nagase leads Yuke forces on a chase across a frozen forest, captures several enemy soldiers, rescues the helicopter crew sent to save her, and calls out enemy positions to her squadron.[/spoiler:e56784a9b1]

Heh, it's probably just coincidence, but Nagase is always the first wingman to zoom ahead and engage the enemy in my game. She also has the second highest kill count next to me.

My wingmen have absolutely no kills. I'm talking less than 5 each. I've tried everything.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I think telling them to attack your target helps things. But I never do. I just play it like I played AC04.

Renzo on
    edited October 2006
    Pixy is the best wingman ever.

NickTheNewbie on
    edited October 2006
    Damn it, you people don't talk about Ace Combat enough.

Remember towards the end of 2 when you flew straight down main street of their capitol city and dropped everything you had around their headquarters?

[spoiler:911aac34b4]Man, that was awesome.[/spoiler:911aac34b4]

[realspoiler:911aac34b4]You remember the part in the terminator when he says, "I'll be back"? Yeah, that was cool [/realspoiler:911aac34b4]

NickTheNewbie on
    edited October 2006
    So, is anyone following the PSP version? Don't have one, so I'm not...

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2006
    Actually, I'm seeing if I can get a cheap PSP just for it. Well, that and the MGS digital comic book. Apparently they're playing the whole war reporter angle again. That's getting a bit old...

NickTheNewbie on
  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006
    PunkBoy wrote:

[spoiler:189e1a182d] Shot down over enemy territory, Nagase leads Yuke forces on a chase across a frozen forest, captures several enemy soldiers, rescues the helicopter crew sent to save her, and calls out enemy positions to her squadron.[/spoiler:189e1a182d]

Agreed. Both Nagase and Chopper were anime-style over-the-top, but it suited the game. And while Chopper annoyed me, I was actually fond of Nagase and her clumsy-as-hell affection.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
    edited October 2006
    apotheos wrote:
    Agreed. Both Nagase and Chopper were anime-style over-the-top, but it suited the game. And while Chopper annoyed me, I was actually fond of Nagase and her clumsy-as-hell affection.

Aw man! My rock n' roll is down there!

man, what?

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • SolSol Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    PunkBoy wrote:

Wait...WHAT?!

Sol on
    edited October 2006
    Sol wrote:
    PunkBoy wrote:

Wait...WHAT?!
    Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception

Renzo on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Okay, I've had AC5 for over a year, and I pop it in today, and for the first time, I see the opening movie. As in, the "trailer" opening movie, not the campaign intro.

And it has pretty much gotten the Hollywood film trailer thing down to a T.

It even includes that Ryan Cabrera song. All they needed was the movie preview guy to narrate and it'd have fit perfectly before showings of "Sky Captain" and "The Grudge".

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    edited December 2006
    WHY wrote:
    Okay, I've had AC5 for over a year, and I pop it in today, and for the first time, I see the opening movie. As in, the "trailer" opening movie, not the campaign intro.

It even includes that Ryan Cabrera song. All they needed was the movie preview guy to narrate and it'd have fit perfectly before showings of "Sky Captain" and "The Grudge".

Heh, yeah. I've always thought that would make a good movie trailer.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
  • Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    PunkBoy wrote:
    WHY wrote:

Heh, yeah. I've always thought that would make a good movie trailer.
    Man, I remember drooling over that trailer for so long. Namco knows what to show you, for sure.

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm a member of AMV.org and I would have paid cash money to have the trailor audio synced up to a bunch of Macross footage.

Hell, there's a game idea...

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • MaterlyMaterly Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So I picked up a 360 and I'm jonesing for a flight game real bad. Any recommendations yet? I know that flight games can be either real terrible or full of awesome and I don't know enough about any of the games out right now.

And for what it's worth, Ace Combat is second to none. Reading this thread makes me want to bust out the PS2 and relive it all.

Materly on
    When life gives you lemons, you squeeze the lemon juice into your enemies eyes and steal his apples - Runoir

materly.png
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Materly wrote:
    So I picked up a 360 and I'm jonesing for a flight game real bad. Any recommendations yet? I know that flight games can be either real terrible or full of awesome and I don't know enough about any of the games out right now.

And for what it's worth, Ace Combat is second to none. Reading this thread makes me want to bust out the PS2 and relive it all.

"Mobius 1, Engage!'

Zen Vulgarity on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited December 2006

You bastard. His name is Ken Nordine. KEN NORDINE. Not preview-guy. He even recites a scary poem in a song called "The Aging Young Rebel."

At first I found Ace Combat 5 and Zero's anime bullshit annoying (I thought 4's story was the best,) but I guess that's part of AC's charm.

T3h DEMONZ ARE COMING! T3h DEMONZ ARE COMING!

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Cantido wrote:

You bastard. His name is Ken Nordine. KEN NORDINE. Not preview-guy. He even recites a scary poem in a song called "The Aging Young Rebel."

At first I found Ace Combat 5 and Zero's anime bullshit annoying (I thought 4's story was the best,) but I guess that's part of AC's charm.

Zero had anime stuff? What? Must of played a different Zero then the one I did.

See the one I played had these neat live action cutscenes.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Cantido wrote:

The one I played was more like something you'd see on the History Channel.

Well, History Channel International.

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    WHY wrote:

When my son was about three months old I would play the trailer and he would giggle and coo. It was freakin adorable. Now all I have to do is play the song Blurry and he'll start laughing and dancing. (Parents, we're so emotional)

That trailer is freakin awesome and the game is just as good. Zero is great, but I think 5 is the best.

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited December 2006

When I say "anime" I don't mean 2-d and big eyes. I mean in the writing and storytelling. It's corny as hell. It drives me nuts sometimes, but I guess I'll have to learn to like the corniness, like Max Payne, and not to take it too seriously. Here are some of my favorite quotes.

That kind of pilot they call a Demon Lord.

DOES THE DEMON LORD HUNGER FOR MORE SACRIFICES?

We will carry out a new wave of destruction with the power of righteousness!

(Even the narrator pisses me off, who wont shut up about....himself.)

I was absolutely fascinated by the Demon Lord. My heart raced. My palms were sweaty. I was so horny. I thought I was going to shit myself.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    edited December 2006
    Cantido wrote:

When I say "anime" I don't mean 2-d and big eyes. I mean in the writing and storytelling. It's corny as hell. It drives me nuts sometimes, but I guess I'll have to learn to like the corniness, like Max Payne, and not to take it too seriously. Here are some of my favorite quotes.

I was absolutely fascinated by the Demon Lord. My heart raced. My palms were sweaty. I was so horny. I thought I was going to shit myself.

"Oh no! It's the ribbon fighter!"

On the other hand, the kid's letter was really well written.
    Usean kid wrote:
    I was just a child when the stars fell from the skies, but I remember how they built a cannon to destroy them, and in turn how that cannon brought war upon us. War was an abstract idea, nothing more than a show on TV. As a child, I only saw it as something that happened in some far away land… until that final day of summer...One day while on my way to school, I looked up in the skies. A sound like distant thunder in the blue skies far above me contrails drew dizzying circles around in a crazy waltz. A battle in the beautiful skies far away... I could not tear my gaze away from them. A deafening roar and then sharp silhouettes appeared, as if to grazed the hills, and streaked past me. The fighters played the cat or the mouse in turn as they climbed swiftly into the skies. One fleeing plane fell out the skies, spiraling and spewing orange flames to crash by the cape, the same cape where my family lived. Now they only live in my memories of days past. The victor circled around to confirm the kill, and on his craft, there was a large number "13" emblazoned in yellow. I will never forget this. The Allies retreated across the ocean before the onslaught of the enemy. Our little town in the heart of the mainland fell into deep isolation.

The war seemed to unfold in the blink of an eye. I don't remember exactly when the forces from the west occupied my town; I was too busy scanning the skies day after day, waiting for "Yellow Thirteen" to reappear. Before I knew it, everything changed. The language they taught us at school... Our friendly local sheriff "disappeared" and was replaced by foreign MPs. In the beginning, some people secretly tuned into broadcasts from North Point on their parabolic antennas, but as time passed, the broadcasts no longer came in; maybe the satellites were destroyed. All non-military computer networks were shut down. Gasoline was rationed to civilians. Though we lived in the 21st century, we were reduced to using crystal radios and horse-drawn carts.

I moved in with my uncle in town who used to be a taxi driver. Out of gasoline and out of work, my uncle did nothing but to drown himself in drink. I earned my keep by playing the harmonica in the town bar. The one thing I was good at. I'd play for sullen occupation soldiers in exchange for their charity in loose change, and used the money to support my uncle and myself. My uncle trash talked the barkeep who catered to the enemy soldiers, but he never refused the money I brought home. As for myself, I had a crush on the barkeep's only daughter, who was a little older than me. Another day passed, yet still no sign of the fighter plane, Yellow Thirteen, in the skies above our town.

One night, a spirited group made their way into the bar; chased out the sullen army grunts and commandeered the place. Even I knew who they were. The patch on their sleeve was the mark of the proud air force. A loud-mouthed middle-age man went around, announcing each pilot's result for the day, and his running kill record. For those who exceeded five kills, a thorough toasting - and soaking followed. I believe it was their custom to call a pilot an "Ace" once he shot down five planes. After completing the day's review, the same guy - the squadron adjutant - went on to announce, "And now, for our leader's results!" Everyone turned around to look at the quiet man who sat alone, strumming a guitar. I found myself drawn to the music of his guitar "Our Yellow Thirteen bagged three more today, bringing his new tally up to sixty-four kills." With a tentative smile, the man with the guitar turned to me and asked me to accompany him on my harmonica. I brought it up to my lips and he started a new song. I had finally found "him". But by some fluke, it was my father's favorite song, the one he used to play at the end of each day.

A freeway under construction in a wheat field outside of town... When they started construction, I remember how the mayor bragged about it, even though it would completely bypass our town. The freeway became the occupation force's makeshift runway, and the unfinished tunnels, their bunkers. This was their base. They were the elite flight squadron, chosen to protect the cannon. Ironically, the same cannon who was created to shoot down the asteroids, became a catalyst to the war, but when the Allied attacks no longer came, the Squadron was assigned long-range missions that took them to distant battlefields.

I got a knife with intend of using it against yellow 13. I even ripped off pistol of drunken enemy soldier. I thought of the words I would use to confront him and bided my time. Although I harbored these feelings within me, I could never get close to him. His wingman was always by his side. Despite having a gentle demeanor, I could tell that the wingman would never allow danger to get near Yellow Thirteen, even on land. The pillar of their group, Thirteen exuded an air of invincibility. He always chose to fly a five-plane formation. He was a man who prided himself not on his kill record, but on his record of never losing a squadron member. It's difficult for me to describe just how good Yellow Thirteen's flying was, but I witnessed once from the ground. The lead plane of the five-plane formation should have turned the same arc with the same timing as the others... Yet only his plane drew sharp contrails. His heart felt compassion towards the weaker enemies he downed. Some day, if an equal appeared and challenged the limits of his skills in a fight, he would bear no resentment about being shot down. He said this himself, and so as time passed, I found the goodness of a home in their company. Leaving them was no longer an option for me now...

At some point, I realized my uncle, my would be guardian, had vanished. Maybe the secret police dragged him off for some drunken comment he made; maybe he chose to disappear. I didn't have anyone to turn to, so I found myself living as if I was a member of the Yellow Squadron. Everybody in town scorned the barkeep for doing business with the enemy. In reality, he and his family were members of the Resistance, gathering up intelligence information from enemy customers. His daughter protected me... But that was only because of my tender age. The barkeep and his family were the real heroes, while I, on the other end, found a haven among the enemy.

“It won't be long now, it won't be long 'til it begins,” the barkeep's daughter confided to me. As a member of the Resistance, she eagerly awaited the Allied counterattack on the mainland. "What will happen to these people when the Allies come?” I asked, to which she frowned. "We'll run them out... This is our town!" But I knew she didn't mean that from the bottom of her heart. Thirteen had captured her heart. I knew this from the way she shot jealous glances at his wingman. As other pilots rotated out of Yellow Squadron, Yellow Four, Thirteen's wingman, always stuck by his side, even on land. The only female pilot in the Squadron, she had Yellow Thirteen's absolute trust as his wingman. Yellow Thirteen seemed oblivious to all this, and instead reviewed the "promising" enemy pilot's performance from yesterday skirmish. "He is so close. If he manages to stay alive for just a while longer, that pilot could be a worthy opponent.” But when there were no such enemies to look forward to, Thirteen's eyes were sad.

Bombs were delivered to their base. This meant that an enemy who had to be fought by those means, was close at hand. The Resistance blew up the Squadron's runway. Yellow Four suffered light shrapnel wounds. Though the runway could be fixed, the complete loss of reserve supplies was a heavy blow. Logistics support became infrequent following the Allied operations. I knew this because Yellow Squadron's crew chief bellyached about this all the time to me. "I won't complain if I buy the farm while I'm airborne, but I can't stand being taken out while I'm grounded." Now I understand Thirteen's feelings. Reports of the Stonehenge air raid came in. Yellow Four went up with the others. With no bombs, her plane was light, but her plane was in bad shape. It needed an engine replacement badly.

Though he lost Four, Thirteen never openly showed his sorrow, but I found out. He was alone, quietly gazing at the handkerchief Yellow Four left behind. When he felt my eyes upon him, he said, "No matter what, she can't complain. She went up with her plane in disrepair. Pilots are responsible for their planes." He then when on and spoke of the time when they first met. He spoke of when she was just a girl, before he trained her, before she became a fighter pilot. His words weren't directed at me in particular; he was keeping a precious memory alive by speaking those words; the hint of perfume on her keepsake handkerchief.

Yellow Squadron's pilot turnover ran high. The skilled ones went in to shore up other units while rookies with little air time transferred in. Yellow Thirteen posted an Allied paper faxed over by Headquarters. It praised the pilot who destroyed Stonehenge. Thirteen said to everyone, "Look! Here is something worthy of praise. Even among the enemy there are men like this. Not all of them are despicable bastards who rob our wings through cowardly sabotage." I stared at the barkeep's daughter as she winced at those words. The Allies were coming to our town...

As the Allies advanced, the retreating Erusian Forces from the east filled our town. The AA gun crew set up their positions atop the hospital, and Yellow Thirteen smoldered with quiet anger over their tactics. Nights were long with the town's mandatory blackouts. The barkeep's daughter tried to plant laser transmitters for detonating explosives. She got caught. It was Yellow Thirteen. He knew she was responsible for planting the bomb on their runway as well. The face of the enemy whom he hated belonged to someone close to him. "Get out of our town, you fascist pig!" Those were the words from my mouth. I've never seen his face twist so painfully. "Do you hate us that much?" We couldn't shake or nod our heads in reply. It seemed like an eternity passed before he said, "Go!" and released us. The next day, there was no change in his attitude. As usual, he made his requests to the squadron crew chief. "The poor fuel quality is affecting thrust." As soon as the Allied Forces drew near, the Resistance would end the blackouts over the city.

Singing... The town was free at last. During the night raids, the AA gunners had strafed the town in an attempt to shoot down low flying aircraft. The town militia now rounded up these gunners. "They" retreated as well, and now their quarters stood empty. After what seemed like a long absence, Allied aircraft soared overhead. I wondered if the fateful enemy Ace, the one Yellow Thirteen longed to meet, was among them. What would happen if they ever came face to face? I fell in with the routed Erusians and followed after the Squadron.

Yellow Thirteen's body vanished into the blue skies, never to return to earth. Only a single handkerchief fluttered down from the sky where he disappeared. The faint scent of perfume. The barkeep's daughter and I had followed the Squadron this far. Each of us had our own thoughts as we buried that handkerchief. It no longer matter to me whether that was Thirteen's or Four's grave. Their memories blurred together as one and left the realm of reality like a dream. The terms of surrender were accepted that day and the war was over.

The once familiar scent of burning jet fuel has long since faded away. What was once Yellow Squadron's runway is now just a local highway again. I write this letter to you now... I know it must have brought him unexpected joy to have an opponent like you, at the end of that meaningless war. At least that's what I want to believe. Only you...the pilot who shot him down, can confirm this. And so I write to you...

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    WHY wrote:
    Cantido wrote:

"Oh no! It's the ribbon fighter!"

On the other hand, the kid's letter was really well written.
    Usean kid wrote:
    TL;DR

How old was the kid, like, sixteen?

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited December 2006
    I was thinking more around 12-13.

Besides, the letter itself was supposed to have been written years later.

er.. edited one stupid mistake.

Der Waffle Mous on
    edited December 2006
    WHY wrote:
    I was thinking more around 12-13.

Besides, the letter itself was supposed to have been written days later.

Still, long fucking letter, dude.

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited December 2006
    Thanks for posting the script. Sav'd.

Renzo on
    edited December 2006
    "Mobius 1, Engage!'

Haha, love that line

Materly on
    When life gives you lemons, you squeeze the lemon juice into your enemies eyes and steal his apples - Runoir

materly.png
    edited December 2006
    Has anybody tried to enable progressive scan in ACZero? Wikipedia says it should work but other sources say otherwise. And I currently don't have an HDTV to test the theory out.

NickTheNewbie on
  • wenchkillawenchkilla Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Guys, guys.

I bought a PS2 for AC04. I am not in the least bit exaggerating. Now, what's better, 05 or Zero?

Also,
    Materly wrote:
    "Mobius 1, Engage"
    Haha, love that line

wenchkilla on
    gamingsig.jpg
    PSN/XBL: dragoniemx
    edited December 2006
    Man, but Mobius 1 is a dick if you're not him. Like, he will fuck your shit up.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I liked Zero more than 5.... although... it's a tight battle for sure.
    Never played 4, but, I want to... I just have too many games to get to right now. It's insane.

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I don't understand why people thought the final boss of AC0 was hard. I was online checking things out, and was reading people who couldn't beat him, or took hours to do so.

I was amazed. I was on hard difficulty, had gotten the game like 3 days ago, and died once on the end boss. Figured "ok, that didn't work", then proceded to beat him. Re-played the game, and when I got to him, I beat him in some un-godly quick time on... what, ace difficulty I believe?

But damn. All this talk makes me want to boot up AC0 again. I need to save up the money to buy every single plane. I have plenty of nice ones, and plenty of ones I like... but I should do a run of the game in a Mirage 2000 or something and try to rack up money to finish my collection.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Ok, hot shots. All this talk made me dig this game out again, and I still can't beat the last guy (not being able to go back and replay any missions isn't helping). I get past the first phase. I occasionally past get the second phase. The third phase has me stumped. I can't get a hit when attacking from the proper direction without getting the crap shot out of me, and he dodges my missles if I fire in time to dodge his missiles.

After reading online a little, I'm disappointed that the prevailing tactic is so antithetical to what I've been playing by the entire time - I'm all about grabbing someone's six and blasting them, not lining up to shoot at each other over and over like British infantry in the 1700s.

Edit: Finally got the bastid, but it felt like a hollow victory since it just wasn't my style, man. Please tell me I'm not the only who give his TV a big middle finger at the end...

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Took me about 2 tries to figure out what I was supposed to do. I beat him on the third try.
    It's not rocket science and forcing you into that situation is rather neat for the final climax.

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
    edited December 2006
    Yeah you kind of have to go against your insincts and blast the final boss head on while trying to avoid his missiles at the same time.

Also, more flight games on the 360 plzkthnx

Materly on

materly.png