As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 5E] Whispered Curse, Day 55- Western Headwind/Monsoon Rains/Open Water

1727375777895

Posts

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Arno takes a few dabs of the Fishy paste, and places it behind their ears. Purple worms are known for being ambush predators, who like to strike from behind, so a good whiff of the stuff near the back of the head should protect them.

    "I'll, *pant* check the place is safe. We're close, gonna get that witch *pant* and protect the crew. Then bed. A long, long time in bed."

    Geth roll 1d20+7 for survival

    Geth roll 1d20+7 for disadvantage

    survival:
    1d20+7 23 [1d20=16]
    disadvantage:
    1d20+7 16 [1d20=9]

    mrpakuGlal
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack creeps along, feeling embarrassed about his earlier performance and trying his best to be quiet as he keeps a eye (and ear and nose) out for danger, "If you're going straight to the bunk, can I have your dinner?" He blanches when Arno applies their ward, "...on second thought, I'm no longer feeling hungry."

    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Perception

    ((OOC: Jack will make the best use of the paste, which is to stay as far away from it as possible ))

    Perception:
    1d20+4 19 [1d20=15]

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    "What? It's just fish innards with some herbs. Michelle even uses this stuff in some of his cooking. Says it gives a nice umami flavor."

    Arno licks a finger.

    "*cough* Okay, bit strong there, maybe wait until it's soup to eat that stuff."

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    ((Missed a whole page apparently.))

    Survival:
    1d20+3 9 [1d20=6]

    AustinP0027 on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    OOC @AustinP0027 I already made the survival check. Maybe you can make the Cha check to keep everyone happy an in high spirits. Or insight, I guess.

    mrpaku
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    OOC: Crap. Somehow I missed a whole page of posts....

    I deleted my stuff above, I'll rewrite with an appropriate check.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak holds his breath as the poison is placed. Thankfully, Urixes is undetected, and the group can escape to the tunnel without catching Wyvern attention.

    They reach the tunnel, strangely an intact one, which causes the Shifter to be uneasy. But as his companions focus on the here and now, he takes the moment of pause to try and think a little further ahead. He pictures their path, and the path of the Curse, as they make their way through. He knew that the witch and the Governer, Can he even be called that anymore?, were ahead of them, but how far ahead would they actually be? Oak tried to picture what he would do in their shoes, if he knew someone was on his tail, but he had a goal to achieve.

    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Insight

    Insight:
    1d20+3 12 [1d20=9]

    mrpaku
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    OOC That just leaves @Denada to tell us a joke to break the tension.

    mrpakuGlal
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Parting from his usual macabre tales, Urixes breaks the tension with the story of the time one of his past selves spent three days as the ship's parrot following an incident with a transmutation wizard. "The crew knew what happened, but I guess it's just in our nature to ignore animals a lot of the time," he looks into the middle distance, still wary of the worms but clearly experiencing a vivid memory, "I ... saw things. Let's just say it's the reason I'm such a stickler for cleaning the decks."

    Edit: Well, this is Urixes, so it probably still managed to sound dark and foreboding.

    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Charisma Check

    Charisma Check:
    1d20+4 11 [1d20=7]

    Denada on
    AustinP0027zekebeauGlalmrpaku
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: Jack and Arno nod knowingly. ))

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021
    GREY MAW- 3rd LEVEL WESTERN TUNNELS -11:02pm
    The Wild Bunch double-times it East up the final tunnel…

    Arno, you’re falling down tired, but your natural instincts remains as sharp as ever! About a mile down the hall, you are able to stop the group before they accidentally stumble onto what looks like another improvised trap. The tripwire mechanism seems to be a homemade combination of religious daggers gathered from a Yuan-ti temple, and a tightly wrapped brick of the same sort of explosive you’ve been finding all over the 3rd Level…

    Arno has gained the following items!

    - Kriss Knives, x8
    Cost: 3gp/ 1d4 piercing/ 1 lb./ Finesse, Light

    - Explosive Brick- You had to pull out the detonator to foil the trap, but otherwise still functional. A healthy amount of the gunpowder, cut with unknown additives and expertly wrapped in thick paper. TAKE CARE WITH HANDLING!

    In addition, Arno now *REEKS* of the Fishy Paste. The mixture burns a bit at first, but soon you barely even notice it. The same cannot be said of your companions, who continue to inhale the faint whiff of rotten fish for the duration of the journey…


    Jack, as the trek up the tunnel continues, only you make out the distant *BOOMING* sound several miles out, which knocks free dirt and rocks from overhead every time you hear it. As time draws on, the booming noise gets closer and closer…

    At some point after Arno has foiled the shrapnel trap, Jack’s senses start to go *MAD* and he insists that the group halt for a few minutes. It isn’t thirty seconds later that an awful, heaving *TREMOR* shakes the entirety of the tunnel! From fifty yards behind you, the underpass you all just walked through suddenly *BURSTS OPEN* and begins to cave in! The sound is deafening, and even from your distant location, the dust and dirt begins to fill the air until it’s almost choking

    Jack has managed to keep the group silent at a key moment to avoid the monstrous creature's attention…but somehow, he knows that they haven’t seen the last of them



    Oak, you wrack your brain trying to think of what it is you may be running your group into up ahead…

    You think back on the Ship’s Manifest. With Gunn’s soldiers you cut down in the cave, there are probably only one, maybe two of the Far Aeston guard remaining to actually worry about. Of course, Governor Mitchum and “Constance” still have their personal guards in the two remaining Edgar Brothers (if you remember right, one was a Paladin, the other a Sorcerer). And that damnable Cat of theirs.

    There were two others who went missing from the Ship when the Governor’s group did: the map-finder and researcher duo of Iron Mike and Marlowe the Magnificent (you had dinner with them in Villam, a time not so long ago that feels like it’s been sheer ages). They were VIPs escorting the Governor and the Map out into the Expanse. They seemed friendly enough, but they also seemed to be in good with the Governor. Should you be worried about them? Or maybe…for them?

    There was also mention of a “Mad Mage” named Irnas at some point. Hopefully you’ve missed him in your journey through this place. Still, best to be on the lookout…

    Finally, the Wyverns still wander the place. One dead, at least two now sickened…but there would still be possibly seven of the fell creatures still flying around out there. You can hope for less, but you certainly can’t count on it



    Urixes, your attempt at a light-hearted tale fell slightly darker than you’d aimed to make it (several lifetimes of bad habits, after all, take some time to unlearn). Something about your tale sets the group ill at ease: maybe Jack remembers a time as a young wolf he got his leg caught for several, awful seconds in brush and was unable to escape; maybe Arno remembers the bad dream they experienced, finding themselves trapped in a cat form, a sinister young girl’s plaything; maybe, in a strange waking daydream, Oak seems himself as Evvdia’s own parrot for a strange second, and has to brush the strange vision away so he can focus…

    The group’s spirits haven’t been crushed, but they each find themselves slightly distracted, fearing what comes next. (Mechanically, this will result in a slight penalty (-2) to save against Frighten effects for a few hours for the group. I’ll let you know if/when it comes into play!)

    Also, Inspiration to Urixes!



    GREY MAW- 3rd LEVEL WESTERN TUNNELS -11:21pm
    A call comes in over the Sending Stone from the Captain:

    “We’re ascending shortly. Your new fish friends and that Dwarf came through…brought back enough rough lumber and iron to push through all the way to Chaff, Gods-willing. Ril, Crude, and that gull o’ Urixes are still sitting pretty an’ quiet. What’s your current location…? Right, well…see you soon then, yeah? Try not to go picking any fights without us til’ you get back…”

    We can consider this the time you guys can best share information/use potions/prepare equipment for whatever lies ahead! Also, Supplies have increased!


    GREY MAW- 3rd LEVEL WESTERN SPIRE, BASE- 11:42pm
    The tunnel finally leads you all to a tower-like structure. At the back of the circular room sits a glass, tubed elevator, shooting up a hundred feet above to disappear into the ceiling. Nearby, poles on either side of the glass elevator function as Yuan-ti “stairs”, climbing up and out of the building to now visible night sky.

    Water drips steadily down the sides of the poles. It’s raining heavily outside.

    In the center of the room, an all-out brawl is occurring. Three hulking, dark haired men, obviously related, are in the middle of a brutal struggle. You recognize Jared Edgar, hurling obscenities before taking cover behind a pillar as a Fireball *BLASTS* out towards him. Strangely, you all find yourselves able to understand the men’s bizarre jargon as they battle between themselves:

    “Come out, ya poncy bastard! Don’t wanna kill ya, just can’t have you hurting the Fair Lady…”

    “Yer brains are scrambled, horse’s ass! She got in yer skull! Snap out of it, fore’ I have to *BREAK* you out of it!”

    “Wish we didn’t disagree on this point, Jerry, I really do. But if you’re really gonna harm a child, I don’t know how you expect us to sit back an’ watch...”


    Jared Edgar curses some more, before looking over and seeing the Wild Bunch arrive. The man looks haggard, but incredibly relieved that you’re all here. You can see he’s traded out his spear for a large net.

    ”Thankgods you’re here! Don’t worry about me…I got them, my brothers would never really hurt me! No time to waste then…I’ll cover you while you climb up, just take care of the little Witch!”


    Wild Bunch, what say you? Jared Edgar says he can take care of his brothers (and he seems just as worried about them being hurt by one of you…) on his own. Do you heed his advice, avoid the melee, and make for a pole to climb? Do you try to intervene somehow on the way past, either with a well-placed support spell or an attempt to break/weaken the Charm? Do you stay and join the brawl? Make your decision and any preparations you need: we are swiftly approaching the end of the Grey Maw…

    mrpaku on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Arno sees the chaos, and the young Edgar they had failed to convince earlier. This is a second chance, and Arno needs to help.

    "He said SNAP OUT OF IT"

    Arcane power flows, and a powerful dispel magic shoots out at the caster Edgar, attempting to remove the charm.

    OOC I've got a potion of Frost giant for Oak, get STR to 23 for an hour, and potion of haste for Jack but it lasts only a minute so don't take it yet.

    Also I have 5 anti-toxin, I'm going to drink one and get adv on poison saves. Further, a potion of boldness will go down the hatch to give Arno 1d4 on all attacks and saves as soon as we see the witch.

    Trying to uneven the odds, with a lvl 3 dispel on the one with fireball spells. It removes any 3rd lvl or lower spell, and I can roll against higher spells if need be.

    Going to use my last lvl 2 to summon a beast. AC 13, HP 30+6(?), hit 1d8+4+2. The ? is because I have "Mighty Summoner" to add +2 hp per hit dice to any summoned fey or beast, but the spell doesn't say how many hit die. So I'm just guessing 3 as that's how much a black bear has.

    Meet Trey

    2d4djcaryvgw.png




    mrpakuAustinP0027Glal
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    The brothers are so focused on each other that they barely even notice your presence. It isn’t until Arno finally yells out that The Sorcerer (Aaron Edgar) turns to look in your direction…and is immediately struck in the face with the rehabilitating magic!

    It takes the man a few moments to find himself again, but as the Paladin (David Edgar) suddenly *DASHES* across the room, shouting for his brother to stand down or be brought down, the Sorcerer reacts out of simple instinct. With a familiar incantation and flick of the wrist, the Sorcerer follows Arno’s lead, striking his charging brother between the eyes with a *HIT* of dispelling arcane energy. The Paladin suddenly sways to a halt, looking dumbstruck and lost.

    Soon, Jared comes out from behind cover, and the brothers all exchange a quick bout of hard to follow, loudly-hectoring rough love: Jared roundly chastises his brothers for being easily led knobs, and both of the Charmed brothers gruffly making apologies for being such simple jackasses. The pleasantries done, the three Edgar brothers turn to your group, expectant and quietly *FURIOUS*.

    Jared nods, a gesture filled with deep respect, at Arno, and then their friends. ”Thanks fer’ finally coming around…looks like I owe you again. So… guess that puts you in charge, right?” Jared Edgar puts away the net and takes back out his sharpened spear, bouncing the tip menacingly inside his palm. He stares up above, as a sudden flash along the sky indicates lightning nearby. ”Shall we? the man says, his voice absolutely dripping venom…

    Paladin David, Ranger Jared, and Sorcerer Aaron have joined the party! With Aloro the Sorcerer and Trey the Great Ape also in tow, that brings the current party total to nine members (not including Mister Fusspot and Hex, of course) You’re going to need all of them for what lies ahead…

    I will be readying the dramatic, long-awaited confrontation with the disguised Witch and Governor Mitchum and should have it ready shortly later today. Once everyone has RPed up to the current moment and checked in with their battle preparations, the Meeting at the Summit will begin…

    AustinP0027
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    CURRENT EVENTS- ELSEWHERE-
    Geth roll 1d6 for Aboard the Whispered Curse
    Geth roll 1d6 for Up Overhead

    Aboard the Whispered Curse:
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]
    Up Overhead:
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Oak gripped his axe as they exited the tunnel. The sounds of battle reached their ears before their eyes, and he started to prepare himself for the worst. Their trip through the tunnel was mostly uneventful, and that worried the Shifter. Arno's discovery of a trap actually helped to calm Oak. Danger was expected, so finding it felt familiar.

    Now, standing outside the tunnel, he was held to inaction for the second as Jared urged the group not to intervene. These must be the brothers that Jared had talked about earlier, and now they were locked in a fight. Obviously magic was involved. Before he could even think of a next step, however, Arno leapt into action. Throwing a spell at the other spellcaster, stopping him in his tracks. Within moments, two potential enemies were now friends.

    Oak could only stare in silence for a moment, before fully turning to Arno. "Well done, lad. Just....damned, Arno, that was perfect."

    OOC: That's both Oak and me saying the same thing. Just such a great play!

    AustinP0027 on
    mrpakuGlal
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    "Yeah, all according to plan. Because I 100% had a plan and didn't just pick an Edgar at random. So, what are we looking at upstairs?"

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021
    The Paladin David sidles up to the front, telling Arno everything he remembers:

    “From what I can tell, it’s just Mitchum, his *FOUL* little girl, and that dopey Wizard and Gnome pair. Murtogg and Mullroy are the only actual Guards still left, after us. Oh! And that dratted Cat, I suppose.”

    From nearby, the Sorcerer Aaron shakes his head in disgust. ”Marlowe and Mike are stone-cold morons. I’d be surprised if either of the shitheels even realized they’d been kidnapped last we left them, much less that they were in actual danger…”

    David nods his head in agreement. ”Yeah, they had them looking into the Map at first, but now that they don’t need it, think the only reason they’re keeping those two chuckleheads around is so that *you guys* don’t get to have them.”

    Aaron steps over. ”They were supposed to meet up with someone she knew up here, a “friend”. Some old Hermit who she had wreck-up the place and ready the Wyverns in advance. After that, I got the impression she was gonna have the wee-Dragons scout out the channels just one more time, looking for any sign of you, or Rax, or the Ship. Think she was pretty *horked off*, that she hadn’t managed to either cripple the Curse or get one of the “Treasures” back from y’all in this whole time…”

    David shrugs his shoulder. ”…think that’s all we got. Plan was, as soon as the Wyverns returned, they’re headed for some tower on the other end of the Half-Moon Mountains to “get the next steps started.” " David rubs his bearded chin, seeing if he’s forgotten anything. ”…the Little Girl did act a bit nervous to meet up with the Hermit. Kept complaining to Mitchum that he might not be too happy to see them…”

    Aaron looks over at this curiously. ”Oh yeah? Mitchum say anything back? Haven’t heard the man speak in days…just lumbering around behind his daughter, like her bigger, *spookier* "pet"…”

    mrpaku on
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    "Hmm," Urixes grunts at the scene of Edgars. He listens quietly as they explain the situation, waiting for the rest of the group to finish their preparations.

    OOC: No prep for Urixes to do. He's ready to go.

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack hunches his houlders as sounds of battle are heard, carefully peeking to see the Edgar brothers going at it. "Ooh, potion?" He lifts it up and peers at its contents, "Fire breath? Oh, haste... well, that's good too I suppose." Would that every potion gave one fiery breath.

    He gets ready for battle, only for Arno to completely disarm the situation. Huh. "You know, that went better than it usually does for us..." With a pet to the griffon he quietly watches the reuinion and strategising, only interrupting at the end, "...wait, the cat really was evil? I thought that was just Arno being Arno. No offense, bud." Well don't that beat all.

    Stepping next to Arno, under his breath, "You're looking a bit worse for wear there buddy, sure you don't want us to take a rest?"

    ((OOC: Response aside, Jack is good to go! ))

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    The team climbs the dripping poles towards the top of the Tower…

    A hundred feet vertically, you come to a small, circular chamber, windows decorating nearly every wall. Two doors, both slightly ajar, sit on either side of the two climbing poles you arrived up. In the near dark of Midnight, it becomes obvious that it isn’t raining quite as heavily as you’d first thought. Rather, a heavy section of tiles and several gutters have broken off from the roof, each landing just-so as to send a steady stream of water down the poles to the room below….(The place is protected, and shelter…but not by much)

    In the center of the room is another pole, which goes twenty feet up and leads to a scenic overlook balcony just over your heads. From there, one would have a fantastic view of the Grey Maw, even with the light rain falling…

    The air feels electric. And not just with the tension. The same as one can smell rain, this group can smell the potential static lightning dancing within the atmosphere around them.

    From outside, along the deck of the summit structure, you can make out a chessboard of different shapes: fish, and snakes. The courtyard is absolutely dotted with them. From somewhere to the Northeast, you can hear a conversation taking place in the light rain. Half of it sounds like an argument…the other half, like a small child attempting to reason with a deranged animal…

    “LIED! YOU *LIED* TO ME! ALL MY LIFE, FOR YOU!…and you’ve REPLACED me?!?” (A man, elderly, possibly senile or deranged. He sounds like he has just suffered the most ultimate betrayal…is maybe mere seconds from violence…)

    A distraught, familiar voice (Marlowe the Magnificent), huffs and puffs and attempts to get a word in, to no avail.

    “…not like that, Irnas, and you know that.” (You’ve heard that voice before…at dinners, following behind the Governor, talking to birds off the balcony of the Ship. But…the inflection and tone are *all wrong*, betraying the creature for who she truly is. No small child speaks like that.) “I’ve simply brought support for our cause…nothing more. If we want to charge *both* of the…”

    “NO! nnn-nn-NO! I’ve heard about you…WHAT YOU DO! The spirts, they whispered, told me…YOU EAT MEN! Swallow, t-t-their Magic…t-ttheir POTENTIAL! THEN TURN ON THEM WHEN YOU HAVE WHAT YOU WANT!” The Mage pants, a deranged man thinking he has finally found Truth. “…and now…you’ll have what you want from ME, won’t you? W-why would you still help fix my mind, when you already…”

    “You’re being unreasonable, Irnas,” Constance whispers consolingly, voice dripping with honey. “People exaggerate, stories start to tell themselves! There has to be some trust of good intentions if we are to….shit. Shit, they’re here.” (You can feel it…the Little Witch senses you somehow…) “…well, maybe for the best. Two birds…*COME OUT, WILD BUNCH! COME OUT AND PL-A-AY!* Bring your men and the Sword, and maybe I won’t just *KILL* this sonuvabitch right here…”

    Much louder this time, a distraught Marlowe the Magnificent, bellows and pleads and attempts to get a word in to no avail…



    Wild Bunch, please make a Perception Check to learn what you will of this battleground in the spare few seconds you have to take it in (I’ll update you in-character if you wander by a point-of-interest you missed here in the course of the fight, but this roll is to see how much of the potentials in the field you’re able to glean *IMMEDIATELY* by a casual glance

    Then…please tell me what your group’s plan is here. Do you all walk out to greet the Witch in the open, honorable and heads held high? Bring her the sword, but have some trick involved? Do some of you go, or all of you? Maybe just one of you? And how do you suggest to utilize the three Edgar Brothers and the Wild Magic Sorcerer at this time?

    I’ll let everyone check in with their thoughts, but please be ready to make an Initiative Roll at some point in the near future…you will find the Witch less than patient…


    743r4wlyk9k4.jpg

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Perception

    Jack speaks under his breath, "I assume we're not just surrendering the sword, right? Anyone have a clever trick we can use? I could pretend to be handing her the sword, then stick her with it and yell A-HAH SO HAVE IT, but I suspect she would expect that."

    Perception:
    1d20+4 12 [1d20=8]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    JACK
    - The ion-charged atmosphere at the peak of the structure invites ready, steady lightning (Bolts of lightning will hit the tower, the Fishsnake statue, and anything outside up here, including the nearby Whispered Curse, with a 1/6 probability)

    - Down the channel to the Southeast, there is the distant din of battle; familiar voices calling out. Through your wolf senses, you can taste the sudden the smell of burning wood, flesh, and smoke is just starting to hit the air. The Captain must have finally burned through her “Distraction”; the Curse is using their last play to draw the Wyverns off of the Ship…

    -Through the lightly-pattering rain and the dense field of statues, Jack’s keen ear places the location of the speakers and others nearby:

    tk3dfv1m9d9h.jpg

    Glal
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+7 for perception

    Geth roll 1d20+7 for perception disadvantage

    Arno gulps down the potion of boldness. "I say we go in loud, I'd try to dispel Marlow if Arrone can get Iron Mike. Then pile on Iraks and the witch."

    perception:
    1d20+7 26 [1d20=19]
    perception disadvantage:
    1d20+7 8 [1d20=1]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    ((OOC: Gooooooooooood that disadvantage... ))

    mrpaku
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    "Agreed. We kill the witch and anyone we can't break free from her control. No playing nice. She won't get that sword, Jack."

    Geth, roll 1d20 for Perception Check

    Perception Check:
    1d20 11 [1d20=11]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    "No quarter. She doesn't get to play with any more lives." Oak says gruffly, before downing the strength potion.

    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Perception

    Perception:
    1d20+3 4 [1d20=1]

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    OOC: We're all so focused on the witch that we've all apparently got massive tunnel vision.

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    ARNO
    There’s a lot to take in, and the climb up has Arno’s head swimming:

    - The atmosphere is ion-charged, and structures in and around the summit could be hit at *any moment* (Bolts of lightning will strike the tower you’re in, the Fishsnake Spout, and anything outside up here, including the nearby Whispered Curse, with a 1/6 probability)

    - Distant smoke to the Southeast indicates that the Captain has burned through her “Distraction”. The Wyverns must have returned, and needed to be driven off from the Curse. Is the Ship alright? Are your Shipmates?


    URIXES
    Urixes find himself unable to think straight, mind reeling as he can't stop thinking of how close the hated Rival is to being within his reach...

    - The atmosphere is ion-charged, and structures in and around the summit could be hit at *any moment* (Bolts of lightning will strike the tower you’re in, the Fishsnake Spout, and anything outside up here, including the nearby Whispered Curse, with a 1/6 probability)

    - Distant smoke to the Southeast indicates that the Captain has finally burned through her “Distraction”. The Wyverns must have returned, and needed to be driven off from the Curse. There probably won’t be a lot of time before they return to the fray. Is the Ship alright? Are your Shipmates?

    - Urixes can just make out the location of the people nearby, through the dark and the statues…

    9oxzxzhusyx8.jpg


    OAK
    Oak perceives...that he's bloody well, completely-fuckin' *DONE* with all these backstabbing manipulators messing with him and his crew! It just...*ARRRRGH*!

    - The atmosphere is ion-charged, and structures in and around the summit could be hit at *any moment* (Bolts of lightning will strike the tower you’re in, the Fishsnake Spout, and anything outside up here, including the nearby Whispered Curse, with a 1/6 probability)

    - You get...nothing else: your vision is tinted red, and your ears are already buzzing. Oak is simply too *PISSED OFF* to think clearly at the moment…

    OOC: To clarify…DM is hearing that the group is going with the “Guns’ A Blazing” option. Is this correct? If so, everyone please roll an Advantaged Initiative Roll. Current Map for the situation:
    FULL MAP-
    5ouj2ekalczz.jpg
    WESTERN SPIRE- WILD BUNCH
    uq5uwt5vhw1p.jpg
    NORTHERN OVERLOOK- ENEMIES AND HOSTAGES

    AustinP0027
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    "Right then, time to take down a hag!"

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+4 for Initiative

    ((OOC: Those sure are Jack rolls ))

    Initiative:
    2d20k1+4 10 [2d20k1=[6], 3]

    Glal on
    mrpaku
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 2d20k1+2 for Initiative

    Initiative:
    2d20k1+2 17 [2d20k1=[15], 12]

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Geth roll 2d20k1+2 for Initiative

    Initiative:
    2d20k1+2 20 [2d20k1=[18], 7]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 2d20k1+2 for Initiative

    Initiative:
    2d20k1+2 17 [2d20k1=[15], 14]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    FAYE’S CREW- Faye, Pretty Kitty, Mitchum, Private Mullroy, Private Murtogg

    Geth roll 1d20+1 for Faye’s Crew


    EDGAR BOYS- Paladin David, Sorcerer Aaron, Ranger Edgar

    Geth roll 1d20 for Edgar Boys


    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Irnas the Hermit


    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Aloro the Eladrin

    Fayes Crew:
    1d20+1 5 [1d20=4]
    Edgar Boys:
    1d20 5 [1d20=5]
    Irnas the Hermit:
    1d20+2 20 [1d20=18]
    Aloro the Eladrin:
    1d20+2 10 [1d20=8]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Nervous at the sudden and unexpected intrusion, the Hermit takes a few paces back, crossing his hands across his chest as he murmurs a quick incantation. A faint, blue light envelops the elderly mage, wrapping itself around his body like a glowing shroud.

    The Little Witch goads the emotional man. "Now's your *big chance*, Irnas...these people have the Sword. Take it from them...and it's yours!"

    Irnas's jaw gapes, and his eyebrows climb several inches up his forehead. "And you...you...you won't replace me?"

    The sinister little girl smirks, and gives a barely perceptible, slow *nod* to the towering shape of the Governor behind her...

    Irnas the Hermit has personally applied "Mage Armor". He hesitates for a few moments, unsure of himself...

    OOC: Initiative Order! Turn to Arno ( @zekebeau ), Oak ( @AustinP0027 ), or Urixes ( @Denada ) when they are ready!
    1. Irnas the Hermit
    2. Arno/Oak/Urixes
    3. Aloro the Eladrin
    4. Jack
    5. Faye's Crew
    6. Edgar Boys

    bgi96io7885w.jpg

    mrpaku on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak was already angry, the familiar red fog closing in as he thought about how many people on the Curse have been jerked around by this witch and her pet Governor. The feeling of electricity in the air builds on his own personal excitement to finally be able to face down the threat directly. No more chase, no more hiding, just running into each other until one side doesn't walk away.

    Oak charges ahead, keen on meeting the enemy head first.

    OOC: Not burning rage yet as I'm not sure I'm in range to give/take damage.

    Oak will dash. So 80ft of movement towards the enemies. He'll end behind one of the statues for a spot of cover while everyone else catches up and he can start to see where individual enemies are.

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    q3kkmqin21uo.jpg

    Oak, your mad dash through the field of statues has taught you the following about this battleground:

    Starting next turn, you may Hide as a Bonus Action inside the field of statues, as long as you are 1. Five feet from a statue at the end of your turn, 2. Further than five feet away from any enemy combatants, 3. Not in direct line of sight of a foe. If you attempt to hide in an already occupied area, you and the enemy will become aware of each other's location at the end of your turn.

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Arno and Trey race full speed in the same direction as Oak, ready to give the big guy assistance.

    Trey: AC 13, HP 36, attack same as spell attk, hit 1d8+6.

    "oh, this is a lovely spot to hide from incoming fire. Also for the enemy to hide, if they haven't already put a bunch...aw phooey."

    Geth roll 1d20+2 for hide

    Geth roll 1d20+2 for disav

    OOC: Arno and Trey both have 30ft move speed.

    hide:
    1d20+2 21 [1d20=19]
    disav:
    1d20+2 18 [1d20=16]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes follows Oak's lead, rushing out and taking up a position of cover near a statue. But he's got range, and he's gonna use it.

    (( A couple of eldritch blasts at the witch to open things up, then I'll attempt to Hide behind a statue. ))

    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Eldritch Blast 1
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 1
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Eldritch Blast 2
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Force Damage 2
    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Stealth Check

    Eldritch Blast 1:
    1d20+8 28 [1d20=20]
    Force Damage 1:
    1d10+4 12 [1d10=8]
    Eldritch Blast 2:
    1d20+8 21 [1d20=13]
    Force Damage 2:
    1d10+4 8 [1d10=4]
    Stealth Check:
    1d20+2 6 [1d20=4]

    AustinP0027mrpaku
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d10 for Crit Damage

    Crit Damage:
    1d10 1 [1d10=1]

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Arno and Urixes, as you made your way through the doors, you noticed a mechanism just outside the tower, seemingly connected to the Water Elevator inside…
    Some sort of flow device to fill the machine. Well-made, but delicate in key areas. Could be easily destroyed, making an awful mess of water everywhere up here, eventually
    ”Constance” chuckles darkly as she sees pinpricks of arcane light *FLASHING* from across the field of statues. But she isn’t laughing long…the Warlock’s aim is scarily on point. Both Blasts catch the Little Witch right between the ribs, smashing and shoving her into the railing, mere inches from a steep fall (-11 damage (resistance) ). The little girl’s mouth curls into a cold, inhuman sneer. Nearby, that cat of hers has fallen from her arms to the stone below, caterwauling horribly as it turns to look in the direction of the Tiefling…

    OOC: Nearly out of range for those Eldritch Blasts, but with rolls like that, I pictured it as the D&D equivalent of sinking two shots on the Witch from half court. Nicely done! Turn to Jack ( @Glal !)


    Following just on the Wild Bunch’s heels, Aloro takes cover behind the same statue as the Warlock, donning a magical *GLOW* of armor and attempting to press herself down into the ground behind the engaged Tiefling…

    b15lve4naro8.jpg

    Aloro has applied “Mage Armor”!

    Geth roll 1d20+1 Stealth (Aloro)

    Stealth (Aloro):
    1d20+1 9 [1d20=8]

    mrpaku on
Sign In or Register to comment.