As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Spider-Mandela Effect

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2021 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Spider-Mandela Effect

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    A good title for the strip given the actual contents of the trailer.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    blueArcanablueArcana Registered User regular
    What about "The Spider-Manchurian Candidate"?

• Options
    theBigDiggletheBigDiggle Registered User new member
    just one question, why is Micky closing the eye looking through the scope?

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular

Because Mickey is baller enough to no-scope.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    islingtonislington Registered User regular

Since it is impossible for the artist to have made a simple error, we must assume that its like pirates. Pirates wore an eyepatch to keep one eye acclimated above decks, and one for below swithcing the eye depending where they are, if Mickey is looking through a scope into a lit room, he would close the scope eye, and open the other to keep any eye on his surroundings.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    islington wrote: »
    Since it is impossible for the artist to have made a simple error, we must assume that its like pirates.
    7rdrxaj5uksc.jpeg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    islingtonislington Registered User regular
    islington wrote: »
    Since it is impossible for the artist to have made a simple error, we must assume that its like pirates.
    7rdrxaj5uksc.jpeg

YES!!!

• Options
    brosephene_brosephene_ Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Fruit Fucker is that evergreen cameo that makes me giggle and feel profoundly uncomfortable. It doesn't matter how many years it's been.

cq3frqzgo56a.png
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Gabe would be Mickey's twelfth kill that year. Mickey's only regret was the high cost of his dry cleaning bills, as the bloodstains of the innocent, much like Mickey's sins... Could never be washed away, Aha! :rotate:

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    You know, I was already going to see the new Spider-Man. Tobey and Andrew being in it doesn't in- or decrease the likelihood of that happening. So all this does is ruin the surprise for me. I know most people aren't bothered by spoilers (and kinda judge people who are), but I avoid trailers like the plague for a reason.

I'm not blaming PA for making a comic about it, but if I met whoever leaked that trailer I would give them a very disapproving look.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Gabe would be Mickey's twelfth kill that year. Mickey's only regret was the high cost of his dry cleaning bills, as the bloodstains of the innocent, much like Mickey's sins... Could never be washed away, Aha! :rotate:

I guess him closing the scope eye explains the bloodstains on a sniper. It turns out he's just on the other side of the window.

• Options
    Radiated RoninRadiated Ronin Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Is it sad that I can hear "Boom, headshot!" in Mickey's voice?

I just realized I have created the greatest message notification sound in the known universe.

Radiated Ronin on
  • Options
    Radiated RoninRadiated Ronin Registered User regular
    Alternately:

That was my favorite level of Kingdom Hearts 3, the sniper level.

• Options
    Erix The RedErix The Red Registered User regular
    I'm not blaming PA for making a comic about it

I'll do it. I'll blame them. That's a pretty crappy thing to do. There are a lot of ways to make this comic without mentioning which rumors were confirmed in the leaked trailer.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Still haven't forgiven them for revealing that King Kong dies and that River Tam is made out of chocolate

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Obligatory.

i-DwTVMBd-L.jpg

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    That one aged interestingly.

Who’d have thought that the entire show would release before another book

• Options
    zeromhzeromh Registered User regular
    I'm not blaming PA for making a comic about it

I'll do it. I'll blame them. That's a pretty crappy thing to do. There are a lot of ways to make this comic without mentioning which rumors were confirmed in the leaked trailer.

Same.

Perhaps the leaked footage is a trailer that's going to be released eventually anyway, in which case I was always going to see it. *sigh*

• Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    wow I didn't even notice the laser or the fruit robot the first go around till people mentioned them in the comments.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    wow I didn't even notice the laser or the fruit robot the first go around till people mentioned them in the comments.

I thought I was good at just reading the words and barely seeing the images, but that is some good work.