As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - QuakeWorld

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2021 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - QuakeWorld

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    So old

I had a similar experience playing Donkey Kong Country the other.. day? Year?

Damn

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • BremenBremen Registered User regular
    This dialog feels so close to home.

The actual comic not so much.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I've played Quake 1, but it was always too hard for me. Or maybe I just sucked at the time.

I had much better success with Quake 2. That game was the game I really cut my teeth on for FPS genres. Quake 2 was a career defining cornerstone game for me, as a lifelong gamer. Hopefully they do a 4K resolution, widescreen format, remaster of Quake 2.

• MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    I spent some time playing Quake III Arena before Unreal Tournament took over my life. I did play the OG Quake but I don't remember it much. I'll keep an eye on this remaster.

Mercade on
    Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • palidine40palidine40 Registered User regular
    That hit me in the feels...
    Also, why is tycho burying gabe? XD

• NekoPanzerNekoPanzer Registered User regular
    I'm like this with Morrowind. I literally can't play the game, because within five minutes of starting it up, I pull a Dr. Strange and preview 17 million possible permutations in my mind. All futures foreseen, I no longer have any wish to continue.

• aarond12aarond12 Registered User regular
    You young whippersnappers. I can play the original Castle Wolfenstein 3D and still remember where all the hidden doors are.

• Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    palidine40 wrote: »

When you really think about it it's the only ethical course of action.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    palidine40 wrote: »
    That hit me in the feels...

These are the old ways.

• lionheartssjlionheartssj Bartertown Chief Merchant BartertownRegistered User regular
    Time comes for us all.

• Erix The RedErix The Red Registered User regular
    Real question: does it have the Nine Inch Nails soundtrack?

• BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    The update restores the soundtracks, yeah. It's great. It also restores the mission packs, which are fun, but the soundtracks for them are so different and so much more "standard 90s video game" that it's a bit off-putting.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I know that if I fired up Everquest I could still get from Felwithe to Qeynos without looking up a map.

• McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Depending when you played, going through Freeport could be a problem - still hated the revamp when I played it on one of the progression servers!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185