As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WRECKAGE — Tactical Carnage

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Fauxile Freaks
    2F

Stumbling under the torrent of blood pouring from the wall, the damned thing lashes out blindly at Geon-Zo, again and again!

Geth roll 2d6-1 for Lash (1 damage)
    Geth roll 2d6-1 for Lash (1 damage)

3F
    Noticing this newborn anomaly standing against the tower’s designs, it sprints, growing and retracting limbs as it puts everything into a charging attack!

Geth roll 2d6 for Lash (1 damage)

In person @Elvenshae would interrupt me mid-sentence, but for this game we’ll just rewind as I’m sure they’ll want to cut that bastard to bits before it attacks.

Lash (1 damage):
    2d6-1 8 [2d6=3, 6]
    Lash (1 damage):
    2d6-1 6 [2d6=3, 4]
    Lash (1 damage):
    2d6 8 [2d6=5, 3]

qmd4k803e84b.jpeg

‘Xim is mauled by the fauxile up on the platform! Thats a loss of 1 tasty black blood

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Ok, so Xim's on 8/12 now then, as Myo only needed 3 to go to full.

For the sake of readability I’ve drawn a counter for ‘Xim in green with a big eye. We can hash out the details afterwards @discrider

That works. Would probably want just red background and whatever colour the eye is.
    @Bursar , what colour are the eyes?

• BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    @discrider it's difficult to say which option among its heritage this reflects, but Xim's eyes are the cool orange of a refreshing Creamsicle.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    As the fauxile near Geon-Zo moves to attack, the purple brute menaces it with The Device! The animate table will not be allowed to attack Geon-Zo or its allies!

No more enemies to go, right? So I’ll just roll both interrupt attacks for 4 damage apiece, +1 Bleed. If the second isn’t needed immediately, we can deal with that.

Geth, roll 2d6 for Objection 1
    Geth, roll 2d6 for Objection 2

Objection 1:
    2d6 8 [2d6=4, 4]
    Objection 2:
    2d6 8 [2d6=6, 2]

Elvenshae on
    Geon-Zo

A manic overkill of epic proportions! You slice, you dice! It’s dead!

R O U N D
    T W O

Fight!

The remaining tumour bursts open with the weight of the blood and the spawn spasming within. It falls hard and heavy, blood rushes out on all sides. One knee on the spongy floor, its featureless face snaps up. It is silent.

dexja7oq42ke.jpeg

It grips its thigh, then rips off a crude but effective organic bone shrapnel projector!

iciu9pkqguwl.jpeg

With an initiative of 1, this ‘guard’ will go last this round.

This being looks incredibly robust, dare you think it, much healthier than any of you!

The tower’s blood continues pouring like a crimson waterfall, spilling out over the dead fauxile and pooling beneath Geon-Zo.

Movement is reduced by 1 through this deep, fast moving blood.

doahbw4z7ypr.jpeg
    57t376ytqi5i.jpeg

Remember to add +1 to all your attack rolls! The Battle Rhythm has begun!

Make use of all the actions possible this round. Have a skim over them again.

The raised platform can be used as cover if you duck against it.

Good luck!

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    ((That gun is super gross

I want it!))

JtgVX0H.png
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Pa'ew takes two shots at whatever's in range, I guess 3F?
    Geth roll 2d6+1 for pistol shot 1
    Geth roll 2d6+1 for pistol shot 2

pistol shot 1:
    2d6+1 6 [2d6=4, 1]
    pistol shot 2:
    2d6+1 4 [2d6=1, 2]

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    edited August 2021
    ((next round I have to reload and probably move again so @Elvenshae can just go ahead with their on-turn action when it comes up round 3))

Tox on
    Tox wrote: »
    ((next round I have to reload and probably move again so Elvenshae can just go ahead with their on-turn action when it comes up round 3))

((They're round 2, while I'm round 3! But yes, I am anxiously awaiting their turn before I decide what to do! Awoo is kind of a coward, especially since their blood got reduced even more earlier. They might either run away entirely, or reload and shoot/keep running. Just so y'all know what I was thinking of before I do it!))

JtgVX0H.png
    edited August 2021
    Its squad mates are in danger, being grabbed and pinned down by the grasping hands coming out of the walls! This cannot be allowed, and so Geon-Zo moves out of the blood pool and hacks powerfully at the grabbing hands holding (Blue Stripes)!

First action to move 2 hexes (reduced by 1 from the blood pool) NE, E
    Second action melee attack the grabbing hands 2G; +1 attack against DR-3(?) for grabbing, 4 damage, +1 bleed

You suck, Geth. :)

Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Unhand him!

Unhand him!:
    2d6+1 3 [2d6=1, 1]

Elvenshae on
    At least you hit!

@Tox
    Did you want to roll a Wrecking Die on a shot? A fauxile’s Dodge Rating is 8.

You got one just before the first fight as I recall.

((Not yet but thank you for reminding me! I think I'm saving it for the Welder :evil: ))

Darmak wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    ((next round I have to reload and probably move again so Elvenshae can just go ahead with their on-turn action when it comes up round 3))

((They're round 2, while I'm round 3! But yes, I am anxiously awaiting their turn before I decide what to do! Awoo is kind of a coward, especially since their blood got reduced even more earlier. They might either run away entirely, or reload and shoot/keep running. Just so y'all know what I was thinking of before I do it!))

((I was saying that my round 3is just going to be reloading and moving, so after Guard goes in round 2 / when we start round 3, Elvenshae can basically go ahead and do their round 3 turn, even if I haven't posted mine yet (I'm basically on like Afghani time)))

edited August 2021
    Pa’ew

Your shots skim the flesh of the foul beast as it pounces towards 'Xim! That’s two fury inducing missed shots.

Geon-Zo

There’s just so many arms, and with them attached to the walls, cutting Awoo free was an easy task for your new toy!

More arms grow, from the stumps, from the walls, but you keep on cutting. The Device begins to overheat, almost cooking your clawed hands! The chain of teeth explode off like an impromptu shrapnel grenade, ripping through any attempt to hold on to Awoo or to life itself!

A dirty kill, a weapon down, but the deed is done. There’s nothing but pieces left, cut to ribbons.

tpyl0qiwy7iz.jpeg

Endless_Serpents on
    Awoo

You tall blue drink, what are you made of? Literally and figuratively.

Will you save your own (metaphorical) skin, or be the first to face that rather intimidating looking spawn with the gun you wish you had?

I am Awoo Dor! I'm an experimental swarm of self-replicating nanomachines originally designed to be used in medicine and manufacturing. Luckily I gained sapience and escaped, because if the scientists that had created me had continued their work it would have resulted in a grey goo scenario with me consuming all biomass on the planet. Good job on my part, right?

Awoo takes aim at the new threat (the guard) and fires off the last round in their pistol, then smoothly drops the magazine and inserts a fresh one. Ready for what's next!

Geth roll 2d6+2 for shooty

shooty:
    2d6+2 7 [2d6=4, 1]

JtgVX0H.png
    edited August 2021
    Awoo

You plant a slug right in its head, cracking its skeletal plating!

10/12 blood for the guard!

Guard

Its body briefly vibrates at a rate that leaves after images. Not good.

It leaps sideways, grabs the ledge of the platform with a free hand and flips itself 180 degrees. It lands with legs spread, slightly bent, and it’s weapon held straight towards Awoo.

You didn’t think only you had off-turn actions, right? This one triggers on a hit. Thats Evasive, an ability you yourself can gain, from the Scapegrace class.

kd51dsynphj8.jpeg

It has the high ground. That’s a +1 bonus to attack.

Endless_Serpents on
    a30lg7e1mzol.jpg

JtgVX0H.png
    edited August 2021
    The Tower

The tower knits its wound shut, and the rushing blood eases to a trickle.

The pool of blood has spread out enough that it will no longer cause any movement problems

Cleaner

The cleaner just runs. It doesn’t even climb down the platform, it’s legs are kicking as it runs off the edge and it stumbles out of sight.

You hear a blast, and see a handful of chitin and watery innards fly back into view.

There are more hostiles around the corner. Good intel.

bk1fd8a0sn3u.jpeg

Myo

The fate of this battle, the very existence of this squad, now falls to you.

Can you see any advantages to be drawn from the enemy? Sometimes a strength is also a weakness…

Endless_Serpents on
    we are currently 0/2 on saving things from this tower. :(

Elvenshae wrote: »
    we are currently 0/2 on saving things from this tower. :(

0/3; we lost the Device, too! :P

((@Endless_Serpents I can't tell if you're being cryptic or just dramatic! Hmm.
    My thinking is that Myo can push forward now that the blood isn't impeding movement anymore, and from a certain spot next to Geon-Zo it can take a poke at any of the currently visible foes--and two of them are on higher ground.

"Strength is a weakness," eh...?
    The Grasper's auto-pull and damage is nasty, but nobody but Myo would be in range.
    So far the Fauxlies haven't done anything particularly nasty.
    The Guard's auto-move on taking a hit might be a one-time offturn thing, but if it's forced to trigger again it would move off the platform, leaving space for somebody else to jump up there and rain hell down on it and better still denying it an advantage on its own attack.))

Myo tries not to notice the various fluids it's splashing through: black bile, a pool of red blood, the overall slick nastiness of the floor. The Guard looms over the squad ahead. Is it... posing? Cheeky bastard. Where did that thought come from?
    That massive gun is pointed straight at Awoo! Protect the squad. That's more like the kind of thought it's used to thinking.

Myo moves ahead and swipes at the Guard, hoping to distract it. Its gaze meets that of the hulking creature even further ahead. There's a *recognition* there.

((Using Myo's Wrecking Die on this attack!)
    Move to the space just west of Geon-Zo. Attack!

Geth, roll 2D6+3 for Brutal spearing on Guard
    Geth, roll 1D6 for Wreck it!

GNU Terry Pratchett
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    edited August 2021
    (Geth refused to play nicely.)

Geth, roll 2D6+3 for Brutal spearing
    Geth, roll 1D6 for Wrecking Die

Edit: Oh, dip, Geth is case-sensitive. I never knew that.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Brutal spearing
    Geth, roll 1d6 for Wrecking Die

Brutal spearing:
    2d6+3 11 [2d6=3, 5]
    Wrecking Die:
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]

GNU Terry Pratchett
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    edited August 2021
    Myo

Some powerful wrecking energy overcomes you! You thrush the spear through the guard then slam them against the platform! Part of it cracks off under your strength! Guard is now at 7/12 blood]

You hear a sudden growl, then a strained hiss as the remaining fauxile falls just out of sight.

The collateral damage from your use of a Wrecking Die has made it so that fauxile is no longer on high ground!

After a moment of shock, the guard vibrates at high speed, and appears on the floor in front of you—it stumbles though. No cool pose this time.

q6ph5y3lsbw2.jpeg

Endless_Serpents on
    Grasper

Arms, too many arms. They really shouldn’t be growing out of walls.

The grasper does the unexpected, and grabs the guard!

ude8nni6uj1x.jpeg

It ends its turn there, having moved the guard with 1 action.

‘Xim

There is a lot going on here. You’re getting a lot of complex scents, visual and audio feedback you’ve never experienced before.

You have an axe though, and a prone fauxile in range of that axe. Looks easier to hit from you vantage point a few feet above it. A great big overhead swing onto it.

Myo just stabbed a thing. Weird to know a name you haven’t heard… Myo just stabbed a thing, and part of you wants to move towards it and chop its head off.

Being alive is strange.

'Xim briefly considers the guard before the Tower pulls it away.
    'Xim blinks.

One down, and this one bit me.

Minion roll 2d6+2 for upstart upholstery

upstart upholstery:
    2d6+2 12 [2d6=5, 5]

edited August 2021
    'Xim grins crookedly from multiple mouths as the furniture squeals.

The.. the only thing missing

Ain't a lot of taste going on.

The table shrinks back as a massive paw attempts to shove it into the nearest maw.

Minion roll 2d6+2 for putting furniture in my mouth and the third damage

putting furniture in my mouth and the third damage:
    2d6+2 13 [2d6=5, 6]

discrider on
    'Xim swishes the flavour of the dead table thing around a bit before removing it.
    He's not sure what was meant to happen, but it doesn't seem to have.

I’m travelling out of signal range right now, so just imagine a wood chipper youtube clip here.

I’m travelling out of signal range right now, so just imagine a wood chipper youtube clip here.

((I was thinking more like this))
    https://youtu.be/BHdnh-56TUM

JtgVX0H.png
    Guard

The last foe standing in this room. But the fight won’t be over once it’s dead. You can hear others taking position. That damned heart beat is getting pretty loud!

The guard, emotionless, silent, fires at Myo twice in quick succession. The bone shrapnel spreads as it’s fired, leaving a cloud of dust in its wake. This weapon inflicts 1 damage to the next target within range if it misses.

The weapon in the guard’s hand opens up, steaming—you know the guard needs to reload.

Geth roll 2d6+1 for Shoot (2 damage)
    Geth roll 2d6+1 for Shoot (2 damage)

Shoot (2 damage):
    2d6+1 7 [2d6=4, 2]
    Shoot (2 damage):
    2d6+1 10 [2d6=6, 3]

edited August 2021
    Myo

You tank most of the bone shrapnel, much of it now sticking out from your layers of armour, but only a single stream of your blood flows from someone deep below them. You took 2 damage, I believe.

Battle Rhythm has increased to +2

Starting from the top, let’s end these fools!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Aeo2BUd04A

Endless_Serpents on
    u6merlgbwi5b.jpeg

199003.jpg?b64lines=WU9VIE1BREUgTUUKIEJMRUVEIE1ZIE9XTiBCTE9PRC4g

GNU Terry Pratchett
    egc6gp2emz1v.png