As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Used my shiny new Tidus, along with Cor, Porom, and a non-friend CoD to clear Tunneler Lufenia

Would have been a cleaner win if I had a friend CoD with high armor, but Porom is a workhorse so she was able to pull cleanup duty perfectly well

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    So we didn't get Setzer today, instead it's a Terra/Shantotto/Noctis BTs banner with a free pull.

Also Shan and Noctis get to level 80 and Shan gets a rework.

I didn't need anything in the pull, but a couple of LD power stones and a Noctis BT to keep for BT coins? Can't complain.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Not much to pull on, but the salt posts over no Setzer is more value than I expected out of the update tonight.

Gonna have to sit down and poke at the Lufenia after work. hopefully they aren't too much of a hassle.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Managed to clear all of the Equinox Lufenia, weirdly I think the one that was the fiddliest for me was Meridian even though I have basically the cheat code for that Lufenia (Faris)

My parties ended up being
    Gallicinium: Tidus, Cor, Pecil
    Dawn: Ashe, Tifa, Porom
    Meridian: WoL, Galuf, Faris

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    The equinox Lufenia fights are all awful, I'm having a lot of trouble with them. I'm sure I can do them all, just need to figure out teams and do it. They're all very sturdy to BRV damage, starting at 70% resist and going up. The boosted characters, for once, don't automatically solve the fights, either, which is a little rough since I have four of the five of them geared.

Faris is very good for the mariliths, as you say. That's the one I've downed, so far!

The constant spew of AOE debuffs (including HP poison!) from the machine, along with the tanky adds that have their own orbs you can't slow wtf is vexing. Especially since it also clears framed buffs

Big winged guy is fast, has lots of attacks that will straight kill people, constantly purges debuffs, and the orb condition is basically paralyze, but only a few specific versions of it. (Notably, not Terror) Argh!

Fry on
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    It's either "Paralyze" or Ruin's Curse, I think are generally the only ones

Can also be delayed (via actual delays or just constant rebreaks) though, to make those Paralyzes count

My run got a little dicey, probably would have been easier with Shantotto instead of Ashe, but I had Ashe already built and Shantotto is still waiting for more enhancement points so I made due

As for the robit, I don't have anyone that can clear debuffs, so that's why Pecil is there to just brute force regen through the HP poison. Cor makes handling the add robits a lot easier, though Yang would also do the job I suspect. You definitely want to pair them with someone who can manipulate turns well though. Seeing a lot of Terra specifically for that one.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Next Equinox is live. 2 banners: Vaan, Ardyn, Kefka BTs. Setzer, Wakka, Amidatelion LD.

Free pull got me a Kefka BT, nice!

I was one pull short of pitying Setzer's LD before it dropped. I guess I could pull one more time so I could get something from the points, but I also don't need anything else from the banner so bleh.

Good luck on your free pulls!

• Options
    This is actually a slightly better banner for me, since I already had Tidus BT and did not have Ami LD

160 tickets got me Setzer and Ami full kits, along with Wakka LD (don't have his EX though)

Then I was getting ready for the long haul on the triple BT banner, and I got Vaan BT+EX on my third pull, Vaan LD on my fourth pull...

I like Kefka and Ardyn, but considering neither is exactly super amazing right now I feel like I should probably stop while I'm ahead

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Setzer LD off the freebie and I'm done.

Still tho, that triple BT banner is tempting. I really want Kefka BT. But man I might just be better off waiting.

I sure am bad at waiting tho.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    with just an hour left on Reno's LC, I decided to try something profoundly stupid

pyjf273dqfpq.png

dyav0808tf92.png

• Options
    Finally got around to do the Boss Rush fight. Round 2 was probably the worst. I went with Tidus/Yang/Lightning for round 1/pushed round 2 to orb; the trick was not to delay them too much or the orb runs out too fast. I switched teams before the first team hit the turn limit.

The rest of round 2, 3, and half of 4 was Gladio/Cor/Leon. With the pre-emptive hits from Cor, and the countering from Gladio and Leon, it was safe with a ton of longevity due to the number of turns the enemies take.

Team 3 was originally Seven, Porom, and Aerith, but that was miserable. Sabin to the rescue, Seven out, and it was staggeringly easy.

I should probably start on the second batch of Equinox fights before I procrastinate too much.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    I was originally trying to do it with two teams, but I kept just barely running out of time on the 4th wave

So I just rearranged it and used Sabin and Porom for cleanup on a third team

Tidus/Cor/WoL burns through the first two waves pretty easy though

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Wow, Seltzer can make anyone look good. I had Kurasame on my team for one of the Lufenia fights, and friend Setzer buffed him so hard he was actually putting out 200-300k damage per turn, instead of his usual barely anything damage.

• Options
    edited September 2021
    One of the things I'm really hoping for Kurasame C90 is for his EX to start charged at quest start

Maddoc on
  • Options
    The Good: Yuna BT in 40 tickets

The Bad: Yuna LD Pity Pull. Goodbye Gems.

The Ugly: something like 15 Locke EXs, 8 Trey EXs. Can't really see wanting to keep them for extra Spheres; Locke has that stupid sneak condition and Trey is only 5% Atk/Mbrv. At least I can power token them.

Pulling the BT early meant I had to chase the LD. This and Setzer and Cor really drained my gem stash. I did score a second Yuna BT, so yay for more BT tokens. I have enough for 2 BTs; I'm thinking of picking up at least Tidus unless I somehow miraculously get a daily free pull. My other BT pick options would be WoL, CoD, Golbez, Onion Knight, or Y'shtola.

• Options
    edited September 2021
    I went in planning to pity Yuna LD if need be, and got both her LD and BT in 80 pulls

Probably gonna try to get Trey LD because he's fun though, since I'm already so far in

Also, for those options, CoD is a very strong BT and makes her maybe the best friend unit, but also she's gonna be back very soon

Also avoid OK and WoL because they're not very good! (WoL is amazing, but not his BT)

Maddoc on
  • Options
    The Good: Yuna BT in 40 tickets

The Bad: Yuna LD Pity Pull. Goodbye Gems.

The Ugly: something like 15 Locke EXs, 8 Trey EXs. Can't really see wanting to keep them for extra Spheres; Locke has that stupid sneak condition and Trey is only 5% Atk/Mbrv. At least I can power token them.

Pulling the BT early meant I had to chase the LD. This and Setzer and Cor really drained my gem stash. I did score a second Yuna BT, so yay for more BT tokens. I have enough for 2 BTs; I'm thinking of picking up at least Tidus unless I somehow miraculously get a daily free pull. My other BT pick options would be WoL, CoD, Golbez, Onion Knight, or Y'shtola.

Locke is garbage, I can't recommend him right now.

Trey is pretty fun, I'm still using him. Don't know that I'd recommend him without LD though.

If you have more weapon books than you can use, rather than getting extra spheres, you could use all those extra EXes for ingots; just sell the EX+0 weapon for a bonus of five nuggets after getting the ingot out of the book.

• Options
    Good news! You'll probably end up with a bunch more Locke EX'es come January!

• Options
    Man, having WoL just kind of makes Lv250 Shinryu incredibly trivial

Granted, I had the ideal party for it, and Vaan did greater than 50% of his health bar inside of his burst phase

• Options
    Bosses for Rude LC are quite annoying. At 80% and 50%, they hit you with a five turn debuff that prevents you from increasing your BRV. Meaning you mostly can't deal damage while you have that. And they each do that individually when they cross a HP threshold, so if you don't push all of them on the same turn, you will have to cleanse it multiple times. Hope you have someone who is very good at cleansing!

Also I lost a run because the orb requires the enemies to act, and one of them delayed itself to oblivion for no apparent reason, so that's cool

• Options
    Alternatively, Aerith LD will trivialize the debuff phases.

Aerith, Cor, Yuna made it one of the easier Lufenias I've done in a while.

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Ignis can prevent all of the debuffs as well, while also providing Sap for the orb

EDIT: Okay yeah I hadn't tried Cor yet and he is absolutely perfect for this one, Ignis handled the debuff immunity and the orb by himself, but Cor was the MVP for sure

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Always have a soft spot for XI characters, so ended up spending more resources than I'd like chasing Lion LD. Ah well, at least I already have perfect cursed arts for her.

Lufenia was Exdeath LD, WoL LD, and Vaan LD/BT. Exdeath manages the orb, WoL keeps everyone alive, and Vaan go brrrrrrrr until they die. Tried a couple of other teams prior, but this one was pretty straightforward.

• Options
    I skipped Lion's banner entirely, and was planning to skip the entire Exdeath cycle honestly

And then I got Exdeath's BT on my free daily pull, which doomed me and I pulled Exdeath's entire kit (and got Ciaran's kit along the way)

On the plus side, doing this Lufenia without Exdeath would be pulling fucking teeth

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    I would love to do anything with Exdeath but I seem chronically unable to get his EX. It's been a weird hole in my lineup.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Wow, Piercing Spear+ on these enemies is total garbage, especially for the Challenge Quest. I had the clever thought to put in Edge and have him dodge it, but ha ha, it's Guaranteed Hit.

For the Challenge Quest, you probably need to find a call to deal with it. Something that blocks enemy BRV gain, locks HP attacks, and/or provides significant HP damage blocking (eg WoL). Maybe you can also debuff Init BRV enough to get out from under it?

Maybe Exdeath's innate HP defense is enough, but you probably need to give him Lock to pull the attack, as they seem to prefer other targets. And can he take two of them consecutively? I dunno.

Edit: thinking about it more, you're probably supposed to use Exdeath EX to block those, but I've been getting killed before the tree's EX even charges :X

Fry on
  • Options
    For the Challenge, I think I used Exdeath (LD), Ignis (LD), and Lion (LD). Ignis just healed up the damage now and again and it worked out well enough.

• Options
    Ok got a winning run in, where I didn't see that attack at all. :/

Previously, I was taking one Piercing Spear+ from each of them just after the 80% mark, and it was one-shotting people, that's how much BRV gain it was doing. Not to mention the double HP dump!

• Options
    Sounds like we might have a surprise shenanigan tomorrow. The announcement for Act 3 Ch4 pt 2 says a character is getting their LD weapon and level 80. 2 characters getting their LD boards.

Vivi and Deuce are for sure on the banner. Both are level 80, both have LDs and Deuce already has her board. Vivi will get his LD board, but that means the third bannermate is getting level 80, the LD weapon and LD board.

I think Rydia was on the banner for JP but she didn't get anything, so we are getting something different. My guess is Aphmau getting moved up the schedule a few weeks.

I was hoping to not have to spend anything for this banner but my gems/tickets might be in peril.

• Options
    From the artwork on the announcement I assumed Zidane, but you'd think he'd be getting a BT as well as his LD, so I'm probably wrong.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    411Randle wrote: »
    From the artwork on the announcement I assumed Zidane, but you'd think he'd be getting a BT as well as his LD, so I'm probably wrong.

Zidane gets his LD/BT in like a week, so you're not far wrong :p

I'm betting on a mistranslation for the banner announcement, since Vivi isn't "supposed" to have his LD yet. Though I'd be happy to be surprised! Edit: in the Reddit thread on this topic, SQEX Joshua posted a thinking emoji, so :whistle:

Fry on
  • Options
    Well, given who just got updated to level 80, incoming Aphmau LD!

• Options
    edited September 2021
    That makes sense, the Aphmau/Tifa banner was a special campaign in JP

Hope nobody skipped out on Tifa thinking they'd grab her with Aphmau!

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Aphmau eludes. I'm out of tickets. Debating if I want to dip further in gems. Bummer

Plus side, Exdeath BT get. Can't be bummed about that.

• Options
    edited September 2021
    That reminds me, I wonder if we'll see Zack LD shifted elsewhere

Maybe instead of Mog LD with Raines?

EDIT: Or maybe delay it slightly to put it with Quistis instead of Palom

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Cordus continues to pay dividends

Finished the new Lufenia with Tidus, Cor, Ignis pretty easily, didn't end up using my support at all

• Options
    In the ultimate form of ridiculousness, I now have Exdeath's BT....but not his EX.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    We in the BT+ era now boys and girls!

Free draw got me Zidane's BT but still gotta get his LD to go with it (when the game decides to stop lagging enough to let me pull for it).

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    I've mostly stopped bothering to log in when hype banners drop, because yeah, the login wait is unbearable.

• Options
    Zidane is cool, but Y'shtola is just so broadly useful that I'm prioritizing her for now

Haven't had a chance to really sit down with it, but I'm probably gonna Green her asap