As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Star Trek] Keep On Trekkin' (Lower Decks stuff in SPOILERS)

19495969798100»

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Peanut Hamper was an ass.

• TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »
    Turkson wrote: »
    Dr. T'Ana is the best character

You misspelled Shax, Rutherford, Tendi, Ransom and Peanut Hamper.

Those are all great characters, but they are not the best.

oh h*ck
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Dr. T'ana is great in concept but lord would I not like to work with her.

I hope they have an episode where she addresses the concept of humans owning cats. Obviously earth cats would have nothing genetically to do with her people, but it's still got to be odd as fuck to see. Like if we someday meet a species that keeps tiny, naked, non-sentient humans as pets.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

I hope they have an episode where she addresses the concept of humans owning cats. Obviously earth cats would have nothing genetically to do with her people, but it's still got to be odd as fuck to see. Like if we someday meet a species that keeps tiny, naked, non-sentient humans as pets.

They'll probably show that caitians keep housepets that look exactly like humans.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Mancingtom wrote: »

They'll probably show that caitians keep housepets that look exactly like humans.

I dunno, that's reaching too far into Futurama territory. Lower Decks is a comedy but I think that's too surreal for the show.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

I dunno, that's reaching too far into Futurama territory. Lower Decks is a comedy but I think that's too surreal for the show.

A godlike being showed up and Mariner's first reaction was to stuff it into a jar and cow it into making a new tricorder for her.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    the universe is balanced on the back of a giant koala

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    the universe is balanced on the back of a giant koala

that's just science though

rRwz9.gif
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular

A godlike being showed up and Mariner's first reaction was to stuff it into a jar and cow it into making a new tricorder for her.

It had a purple stripe!

• DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited August 2021

you mean Dave Spiegel and his owner Fluffers?
    l2ocqf9s97ud.png

DanHibiki on
  • MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    I know it's a gag, but
    the focus on in-universe music is one of my favorite things about Lower Decks. We're finally getting glimpses of what Federation culture is actually like, a sense of what people might do with their time when they're not a gallivanting across the galaxy.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    frankly, playing blockbuster movies that always end with sex with both the heroes and villains in the holodeck

override367 on
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i've only season the free YT episode 1 of season 2 but i loved that
    leg day was escaping a cardassian prison, and mariner knocking the other woman for doing yoga felt good in-character but also, it feels like mariner reverted back to seasons 1 beginning. maybe it gets explained by losing boimler /shrug

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Yo, it's new thread time, can someone make it? Please include in the title that Lower Decks S2 stuff is to be spoilered.

Geth, close the thread.

rRwz9.gif
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.