As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel TV] A Hawkeye and a Black Widow walk into a bar OPEN SPOILERS

Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
Marvel's recent shows is What If.

We've got Captain Carter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOf08WvhY5M

T'Challa as Star-Lord!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TghrR8ofmUM

and Nick Fury's murder mystery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssvFnucdhfM

OPEN SPOILERS

What if...Marvel had tv shows on Disney+?

Bogart on

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    What if... Disney owned [Marvel TV]

Get your shit together Harry.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    What if... Disney owned [Marvel TV]

Get your shit together Harry.

I'm not saying it's my best work but where was this in the other thread? At least I bothered to have a title.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    *takes OP revision I was working on and crumples it*

Alright then

https://youtu.be/ReJ0scgAm9w

• Options
    McRhynoMcRhyno Registered User regular
    So I asked in the last thread if Disney still owned the Rocketeer because a What If? episode about a forgotten Captain America / Rocketeer team lit my brain up like a Christmas tree...

I, uh, did not expect this:
    https://www.avclub.com/a-new-rocketeer-movie-is-coming-to-disney-plus-with-da-1847587630

PSN: ImRyanBurgundy
  • Options
    Wait! My point still stands! Give me a Tuskegee Rocketeer and Isaiah Bradley movie!

• Options
    cxnggqs0ga01.jpg
    First still of Hawkeye, implies it's set during Christmas

• Options
    VisskarVisskar Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    cxnggqs0ga01.jpg
    First still of Hawkeye, implies it's set during Christmas

I didn't realize Shane Black was doing the Hawkeye series.

Visskar on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    maybe they are like my old neighbors that just never take the christmas stuff down?

• Options
    I mean, I've been in enough people's my age bedrooms to know people just use string lights as lights now

But that lines up with
    Spider-Man
    which is also supposedly set over Christmas

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Nothing I've seen so far leads me to believe that spoiler but I suppose there could be several months of montage at the beginning or something

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Nothing I've seen so far leads me to believe that spoiler but I suppose there could be several months of montage at the beginning or something

Set photos for unreleased marvel movie

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    hmm well I'll be honest I've not been looking at "behind the scenes" stuff

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    This third episode of What If was great! I felt 'meh' to 'bleh' about the first and second episodes though they both had their strong points, but this one I just really enjoyed. Clark Gregg and Samuel L. Jackson were wonderful, and I loved that this episode was doing its own thing. Yes there were still some revisited scenes from the movies, but the story had its own structure and flow and it was well done. The part when the Hulk blew up was actually kind of shocking.

Loved the visual of the Watcher looming in the background. I guess my only real criticism was the reveal in the graveyard scene. It seemed like there was a lot of important stuff that was assumed in the backstory of this alternate world. It was hard for me to get what the story was with Hope. At this point in time, she didn't have anything to do with Fury right? I was totally out of the show for a minute trying to remember if I'd just forgotten that Hope was a SHIELD agent, when I guess that's actually the major change. It's a cool idea but the execution didn't land with me.

Anyway, I'm really happy with this episode and it gives me optimism about the series.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I hate the professional suit look. Don't @ me.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

Set photos for unreleased marvel movie

It's a Spider-ful Life :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Next What If...? coming up:
    What if Doctor Strange lost his heart instead of his hands?

https://youtu.be/hLOfJZqh2n0

The thing that I'm really loving is that I'm seeing a lot of people going "I really liked Episode 1, but not really Episode 3" or "I loved Episode 3! Even though I was lukewarm on the first two." I think this is where an anthology series really shines... a little something for everyone, and everyone's going to love a different thing, and that's okay. :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    True, it's better if they go buck wild on different approaches, rather than a formulaic approach

• Options
    Aww yeah. More Wong!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Worst Groundhog Day, ever.

Basically the same premise as the Guy Pearce “Time Machine” movie… the impetus to invent time travel hinged on the death of his love interest.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was…
    To catch them is my real test, to eat them is my cause!

Gotta catch ‘me all!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    This episode is basically Steins:Gate

• Options
    I’m liking that they are willing to swing hard and go dark with these endings. Although this may be the darkest ending yet. Geez.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Yikes that was unabashedly dark. I kept thinking that the sane part of Strange was going to win, and then he just didn't. Not a direction I expected Disney to go.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Watcher is definitely showing up more and more in these stories. Is it building up to something? Who knows? Uatu canonically interferes in the comics, so…

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Yikes that was unabashedly dark. I kept thinking that the sane part of Strange was going to win, and then he just didn't. Not a direction I expected Disney to go.
    That image at the end where it’s just a pixel that is left in the universe, and Strange Supreme is all alone in a tiny bubble. That’s an image that will stick with me from this one.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    At first I thought this episode was going to be dumb and then the darkness came.

• Options
    Once again, kinda shocked that was actually Rachel McAdams and Tilda Swinton. They sounded off somehow.

• Options
    Once again, kinda shocked that was actually Rachel McAdams and Tilda Swinton. They sounded off somehow.

I found Christine to be visually off without Rachel McAdams’s mole on her chin, so there’s that.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Voice acting is a skill all its own, even da bes actors reprising roles they've done for years can balls it up when it comes to suddenly having to act alone in a booth.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    So the fate of the universe was contingent on Strange getting dumped. Probably a good thing he's an arrogant ass.

• Options
    Yikes, that episode. That said, my comment above about them going buck wild on different approaches to What If seems to be panning out. So we got that going for us.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I'm kind of disappointed that the "twist" wasn't that the second Strange was "our" Strange, but honestly the logistics of making that work with his future movie coming up would be hard enough... and that's before the ending.

This is absolutely though them setting the pieces that the Watcher is an actual entity watching stuff happen, and later on he's going to do something, and I'll betcha he starts pulling these characters for his plan. Like... one could argue with the previous episodes, the Watcher is akin to the narrator in The Twilight Zone, just a voice setting the week's standalone plot up. Now the Watcher is an actual character, and there's going to be some manner of interdimensional plot involving him.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    For half a second I thought opening the barrier to the calamari dimension would bring out Captain Carter. But yeah, I do wonder how interconnected these episodes will end up being.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    So far Team Watcher potentially consists of:

-A hyped up super soldier who actually lives up to her own hype.
    -A space scoundrel who can talk his way out of anything.
    -A sorcerer supreme who is going to be suffering some extreme PTSD, to put it lightly.

I don't know who he'd pull from the Avengers What-If. Despite the different chain of events, most of the principle characters aren't much different from their main versions.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Wizard fights BEST fights.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    So far Team Watcher potentially consists of:

-A hyped up super soldier who actually lives up to her own hype.
    -A space scoundrel who can talk his way out of anything.
    -A sorcerer supreme who is going to be suffering some extreme PTSD, to put it lightly.

I don't know who he'd pull from the Avengers What-If. Despite the different chain of events, most of the principle characters aren't much different from their main versions.

Hank Pym, somehow.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I seriously thought they were gonna call him Mephisto at the end.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    That was incredibly and wonderfully dark. Episode 3 and 4 have really nailed it for me.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    It was an interesting episode, I'm not sure it was internally consistent though. Why did one Strange become obsessed and have to fix it despite being told by the Ancient One, and the other was fine with letting Christine remain dead after being told by the Ancient One. Is the difference just that he saw the world fading into goop? And why was it doing that when he hadn't yet changed the Absolute Point? There's also a book on changing an Absolute Point so at least someone has done it before without turning the world to goop.

Also i think Strange still had the Eye of Agomotto on so he could still presumably go and redo his undo.

I liked the visual changed to Stevil, and that they went hard on the dark ending.

EDIT: Also I wouldn't have chosen the image of the car turning to goop as the last image Stephen saw before turning Rachel down. Made me laugh.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Bleak.

I love it.

Number One Tricky
This discussion has been closed.