As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Organized D&D at PAX West 2021?

every day's greatevery day's great Registered User regular
edited August 2021 in PAX West
I don't see any organized D&D on the schedule - am I missing something?

D&D was missing at PAX West 2017 and it was very sad, but Adventurer's League organized play came back for 2018, 2019, and Online.

every day's great on

• Options
    FellsrikeFellsrike Registered User new member
    I am excited to play some D&D! So I hope to do something even if there isn't anything official

• Options
    LackeyLackey [E] PAX Tabletop Tournaments Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Sadly there is no D&D Adventurer's League this year. However, if you are interested in running your own one-shot adventure, please come to the Alexandria RPG Library (www.alexandriarpg.com) on the main Tabletop Freeplay 6th floor, next to the round board game freeplay tables, across from Zulu's Games booth.

The Alexandria RPG Library will be bringing our assortment of hundreds of different RPG books from the past 40+ years of roleplaying game history, for you to browse, borrow, use to roll up characters, and play games! We'll have tables set aside for running RPGs (be it D&D or otherwise), and we will have an administration table, where you can fill out and leave a sign-up sheet for other players to come join you for your game.

In 2017 when there was no D&D, we had a HUGE demand of walk-up GMs who wanted to run D&D, and we're expecting the same this year. So please do come by, look over our sign-ups table, and join some games! And if all you've played before is D&D, don't be afraid to try out a new system too!

For GMs like @Fellsrike -- come see us! We will be your best bet to set up table space, and get your game organized and set for a specific time.

Lackey on
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Lackey wrote: »
    bringing our assortment of hundreds of different RPG books from the past 40+ years of roleplaying game history, for you to browse, borrow, use to roll up characters, and play games!
    It's an amazing collection! (Hmm, only now did I realize that it's named after the library of Alexandria!)
    In 2017 when there was no D&D, we had a HUGE demand of walk-up GMs who wanted to run D&D, and we're expecting the same this year.
    I only found out afterward! Definitely going to check this out.

every day's great on
  • Options
    Hmm I miss the 6th floor expo hall, but having tabletop back in the WSCC might not be such a bad thing!

• Options
    Taraka_DarkTaraka_Dark Registered User regular
    Lackey wrote: »
    However, if you are interested in running your own one-shot adventure, please come to the Alexandria RPG Library (www.alexandriarpg.com) on the main Tabletop Freeplay 6th floor, next to the round board game freeplay tables, across from Zulu's Games booth.

The Alexandria RPG Library will be bringing our assortment of hundreds of different RPG books from the past 40+ years of roleplaying game history, for you to browse, borrow, use to roll up characters, and play games! We'll have tables set aside for running RPGs (be it D&D or otherwise), and we will have an administration table, where you can fill out and leave a sign-up sheet for other players to come join you for your game.

Will the Alexandria RPG Library and admin table be running right up until midnight Friday through Sunday and until, say, 5 PM Monday?

Also, from your past experience, what have been the RPG areas' biggest crowd times? Since I'm looking to run some lesser-known games (although I do have some plans to run at least one D&D game), I'm hoping to maybe get some pick-up players when my games start if I don't have full tables.

• Options
    LackeyLackey [E] PAX Tabletop Tournaments Registered User regular
    @Taraka_Dark We just found out today that our evening Librarian who would have been there until Midnight each night has been COVID exposed and has to quarantine, and cannot attend. We're looking to find replacement staff, but as it stands today, we'll only have staff in person there until 8pm. We'll try to work with the Enforcers to get someone to monitor the signup sheet table from 8pm until Midnight, but for now, PAX attendees may need to seat themselves at our tables (we only have 4 tables - we trust all y'all are smart enough and cool enough to make it work).

But from 10am until 8pm, we'll always have 1-2 Librarians on hand to direct people to the signup sheets, and encourage them to join in to new games.

Coincidentally, evenings are usually busiest! from 7pm until around 10pm, after Expo Hall closes and people have gotten dinner, usually crowds wander in to Tabletop.

Here's a link to our signup sheet template. If you like and have time, feel free to make a copy of it, fill them out for the games you'd like to run, and bring them to our admin table Friday morning. We will of course have blank sheets there as well if you'd prefer to fill them out by hand at the show.