As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon Unite] Pokemon MOBA on Switch & Mobile / Switch live now!

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Decided I was a little tired of being bad, so I went and bought Medic E..gloss the dandelion.
    Steamrolled through the last rank of Great and now in Expert, and I wouldn't be surprised if "the team without a Medic loses" continues to hold true. Not sure how good the Ult is though, but constant shields seems good.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Decided I was a little tired of being bad, so I went and bought Medic E..gloss the dandelion.
    Steamrolled through the last rank of Great and now in Expert, and I wouldn't be surprised if "the team without a Medic loses" continues to hold true. Not sure how good the Ult is though, but constant shields seems good.

The Ult and the shields have both already been nerfed once, but yeah Eldegoss is real strong if your teammates stick close

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Ringo wrote: »

The Ult and the shields have both already been nerfed once, but yeah Eldegoss is real strong if your teammates stick close

And all I need to sacrifice are all the <0> MVPs I was getting

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    There are moments when I really love this game. Won a game last second with my Greninja. I always rock scoring shield. Had 50 points to turn in (100 under 2 minutes), but there was a Slowbro sitting on the only available turn in location. My team was defending our turn ins, but we were behind. I think it was under 20 seconds.

So I hid in a bush, waited for the countdown to get a bit lower. Activated ult...with buddy barrier, right onto the point. Hit Slowbro, which didn't matter much, and immediately started channeling. The combination of buddy barrier shields and the score shield was enough for me to push through the attacks and score 100 points.

We won by 16. Felt pretty freakin great.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »

And all I need to sacrifice are all the <0> MVPs I was getting

Remember that your Ult allows you to fly over barriers, thus losing any non-speedsters trying to kill you, or zoom right past any enemy defenders who aren't sitting directly on their goal. Pre-Nerf you could then land on a goal and nuke any non-tanks

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Managed to double-KO another Greninja in a duel in quick.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    What is the logic behind which play class gets a victory bonus for getting played? Because for me it always seems to be ranged attackers (100% Alolan Ninetails), which is what everyone is always instalocking anyway. I barely ever get tanks on my team, but the bonus never seems to be tank. Or healer.

Also, what the heck is Cramorant's sustain? Mid game my Wigglytuff and our Greninja jumped that birb on their goal, so they get a shield, fine, but over the course of like 30 seconds that fucker regened through both of our damage output and eventually killed us both, from full, even having spent a third of that time asleep.

• Options
    The classes that get play bonuses are ones you haven't played yet.

• Options
    Glal wrote: »
    Also, what the heck is Cramorant's sustain? Mid game my Wigglytuff and our Greninja jumped that birb on their goal, so they get a shield, fine, but over the course of like 30 seconds that fucker regened through both of our damage output and eventually killed us both, from full, even having spent a third of that time asleep.

Also, I think I've just figured out that this is Focus Band.
    It appears to be 11% HP per second for three seconds at level 20 when you drop to low health, which is insane.
    There's been way too many mirror matches I've had where the opponent has just pulled healing out of nowhere, and it must be this item.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    I can also not for the life of me aim Cinderace's Ult.
    Or anything that requires the right thumb stick honestly.

Given the chance I would also like:
    - Seperate targeting options for the advanced creep and enemy attack buttons (closest and lowest health respectively, so I can position two creeps to get hit by a single attack easier)
    - some way to turn off autoaim and instead follow movement so my mobility moves do not fire me at enemies when I'm trying to flee (Is L mapped to anything in game?)

Although, speaking of mobility moves, managed to win a quick yesterday by almost dying.
    Was attempting to get close to dunk as Cinderace, but misjudged everything and had an enemy between me and the goal and no health.
    So I ran, I think into some bushes before popping back out, through said enemy with a flame kick, and diving the goal
    And the enemy kept 'chasing' me away, ignoring me entirely.

Dunked 100 points, win by 60 or so.

discrider on
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    I don't bother aiming Cinderace's ult, just tap it while near an enemy and let the auto-aim do it for me. And yeah, Focus Band is probably too good. Alongside Buddy Barrier.

Also I am quickly becoming convinced they just need to remove any and all dailies/weeklies/challenges that require MVP. MVP is already kind of handed out to the most popular role on a silver platter, but additionally it makes other modes into fucking wastelands. Like I was running Auroma park a couple times, figuring one of the times I would have to get MVP for a daily, right? Nope. Teammates would rather LOSE the fucking match than risk someone else getting MVP.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    The end score is all, are you playing a tank or support? Get in the trash, what were you even doing all match, play attackers.

• Options
    That said, dunking is a huge part of the scores, so you don't need to necessarily kill enemy Pokemon in order to MVP.
    You just need to get a lot of points somehow.

• Options
    Well, there's two ways of getting score to dunk- killing creeps and killing players. Turns out, attackers are best in class at both of those, too.

• Options
    And as a Defender or Wiggly, if we're going to score on the enemy's goal and we might be contested, I'll usually hold off unless I can dunk quick, so that way I can use my CC to disrupt the enemy and let my teammates score. Despite that, I still frequently come close (several matches I was within one point, and one where I tied but it still went to our Greninja). Used to be I could just pop into VS CPU and grab it easy, but now it seems that VS CPU is just full of people aggressively farming for MVP.

Personally I think the dailies/weeklies shouldn't be just random bullshit, and should be encouraging people to play in ways that are helpful. Like give us a daily to play lesser played roles.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Just let people queue with a pokemon and have the matchmaker build balanced teams around that. Every single damned MOBA ever has spent years going "no, we can't possibly do that, our playerbase will explode!" and then they finally do it and oh look, it was just fine.

Or at least don't show people's picks until they've locked them in, so I know what roles are locked and what roles are just waiting to see- you can always go back and pick something else, there's zero reason to commit prior. So many times I'll see two tanks chilling, then both will switch out to attackers at the last moment For Reasons.

Glal on
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    How's Blastoise?

• Options
    I haven't grabbed him yet or had a chance to play since he released, but current consensus seems to be positive. Apparently Blastoise is very high damage for a tank and Surf allows you to push enemies an absurd distance while Rapid Spin gives a bunch of defense for the duration, deals good AoE damage, slows enemies, and alters how Rapid Spin/Hydro Pump work during the move. So far people seem to be somewhat favoring Hydro Pump to Water Spout? But that's just following the conversations I've seen.

• Options
    How much is he?

• Options
    8,000 coins, so sort of the standard price.

• Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Hey friends, asking on behalf of a frustrated 8 year old kid. He unlocked Blastoise but is really frustrated because he can't get in a game where he can use him. Is there a trick to quickly selecting a Pokemon for a battle I could show him? He's trying to stay strong after a few matches, but the tears are clearly forming in his eyes.

I told him the only other option is to wait it out a couple days for him to be less popular. :(

• Options
    He can probably press to the left after loading in and mash the button. Pokémon are ordered in your unlock order, so going left should immediately highlight Blastoise if my memory isn’t failing me.

• Options
    Also, hitting x to bring up the big menu might also help

• Options
    You could also start a friendly game instead of a random game in quick or standard battle, and fill the game with bots.
    The bots aren't going to steal your Pokemon.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Blastoise seems a bit ridiculous, Rapid Spin lasts way too long considering the damage it does and you're CC proof the whole time.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »
    Blastoise seems a bit ridiculous, Rapid Spin lasts way too long considering the damage it does and you're CC proof the whole time.

Ya I haven't played the game in a couple weeks, but a friend texted me today to let me know Blastoise was out since he knows I'm a big Squirtle fan. Dude is a boss.

You can either go heavy pushback CC with hydro pump/surf or, my favorite, the rapid spin/water spout combo that lets you basically be a bulky attacking bruiser. Assuming the other team doesn't get ahead of you in levels you can do some real nasty damage.

The only issue I have is that I wish I could cancel out of rapid spin with my Unite move, but that would probably be a bit too OP.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    You could also start a friendly game instead of a random game in quick or standard battle, and fill the game with bots.
    The bots aren't going to steal your Pokemon.

You can also also set him as your favorite Pokemon so that they are the first one selected on the hero pick screen if I recall.

• Options
    Nope, faving a pokemon doesn't seem to do anything except show them on the main menu, as far as I can tell.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    The Blastoise skin is absolute perfection.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
  • Options
    Mobile release tomorrow, right?

• Options
    Those nerfs to Wigglytuff are looking rough. Lower damage and Sing now breaks on damage.

Sylveon and Mamoswine might both launch tomorrow though? And doing the mission for Zeraora will give coins, so that's convenient. Wonder if it will be a full 10k since he's an "expert" level pokemon.

• Options
    You can download the mobile client now

• Options
    Can't play until tomorrow though

• Options
    It’s live. Did not add Mamoswine or Sylveon, which was kind of expected but also strange they showed them off for the mobile release video. Mission to unlock Zera is 32 wins, so if you got him from the switch version that’s easy coins.

There are some new held items, look interesting. I’ll wait until the math people get at them though. The new Gengar skin is cute, Battlepass item though. It’s shorter this time, but so is the number of days available for it.

• Options
    Menus are way more snappy on mobile which is nice.

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Iblis wrote: »
    Those nerfs to Wigglytuff are looking rough. Lower damage and Sing now breaks on damage.
    Woof. So what's even point of Sing then, it's a stun that takes several seconds to take hold?

Glal on
  • Options
    They claim it’s a bug fix and made Snorlax’s yawn the same. I haven’t tried it out yet to see how it works out in practice. I’m kind of annoyed, comparatively Lucario received a very mild (5%) reduction in Power Up Punch damage and by most opinions he was as, if not more, of a problem (he is pretty much in every match at the competitive level because he’s so damned good).

My other observations from this patch are they nerfed coin gain from daily quests and made daily battlepass objectives fill less of the meter. Coins used to be 200 for daily quests if I recall, now it’s 100. Doesn’t require any wins at least? And the daily battlepass objectives now grant 80 points instead of 100 (so completing your dailies no longer is a guaranteed 1 level progression). Progressing in game already felt glacial, so that’s not… great.

As far as gameplay, I’ve noticed Mime seems much more popular now (apparently mobile controls are a big buff for him) and with the influx of new players it feels kind of required to go as a damage dealer to get things done.

• Options
    Yawn is still definitely a great way to root me and let Snorlax and its team catch me.