As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Where we don't click links we don't know even if our friends appear to send them!

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    That new Pathfinder game really has the shittiest stupidest ad ever keep popping up on my social media feeds. Just a bunch of naked women and female demons dancing on tables. That's the best they could come up with? Kind of makes me figure the game must really suck...
    sounds like your average mobile game ad. which is not a good look, yeah.

Come and play, my lord

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    That new Pathfinder game really has the shittiest stupidest ad ever keep popping up on my social media feeds. Just a bunch of naked women and female demons dancing on tables. That's the best they could come up with? Kind of makes me figure the game must really suck...

Come and play, my lord
    You joke but that game is somehow back, with ads just as bad as ever.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

Come and play, my lord

In pog form?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    McMoogle wrote: »

Come and play, my lord

In pog form?
    No just in actual mobile game form instead of browser.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Have you looked into various roguelikes, especially of the Japanese variety? The whole "a town and a dungeon/tower/cave" thing was practically invented by the Mystery Dungeon series, and it has a LOT of imitators in that space.

It was practically invented by Moria. Diablo 1 was also likely heavily influenced by its further development into Angband, right down to the town portal type spell.

Japan has really carried the torch in terms of commercial products that refine and innovate, but they hardly invented the genre.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I saw a streamer playing it earlier this week and the voice acting is... uh, next level.

So it is a RE knock-off.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I saw a streamer playing it earlier this week and the voice acting is... uh, next level.

So it is a RE knock-off.

It's some very RE1 voice acting. In a good way.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Just as a warning, I have a random person commenting on a screenshot asking for friends list. Be careful out there.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I hooked up my G29 wheel and fired up Assetto Corsa for the first time in quite a while, I forgot how much fun it is to put on some music and rock out while doing hotlaps at the Nurburgring. I kinda want to pick up the newer Competizione, but only having GT3 racing kinda sucks. Modern supercars are great, but there's just something about taking an AE86 or a Supra or a Skyline out on the track. Also it doesn't have mod support, which is pretty nuts, especially considering the glut of mods that are available for the first game.

It sure does look pretty, though.

• Options

Come and play, my lord

I think it deserves an award for uniting the games industry in agreement of a singular idea.

Folks will debate super Mario brothers till the end of time, but they will agree that these games are shit and have shit marketing

• Options
    ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    I hooked up my G29 wheel and fired up Assetto Corsa for the first time in quite a while, I forgot how much fun it is to put on some music and rock out while doing hotlaps at the Nurburgring. I kinda want to pick up the newer Competizione, but only having GT3 racing kinda sucks. Modern supercars are great, but there's just something about taking an AE86 or a Supra or a Skyline out on the track. Also it doesn't have mod support, which is pretty nuts, especially considering the glut of mods that are available for the first game.

It sure does look pretty, though.

I have the first one in my library untouched. Thanks for the reminder.

And oh, snap, I'm reading that it works with my wheel and pedals from the 360 if I get the adapter.

ArmsForPeace84 on
    Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    The Wrath game is certainly more Pathfinder. If you hated Kingmaker this isn't for you. But it does feel like a successful sequel to me, improving on everything. It cleaned up UI including character creation, It has full Turn-Based support, it has way more classes, it (mostly) removes the time limit of Kingmaker. It greatly reduces the management aspect (since you are a Crusader army against demons, not a kingdom), and replaces it with a HoMM style army game. A bit more VO, though unfortunately one character sticks out negatively, and he has a lot of text early on.

It still has some, let's call it old school wrpg trappings. Very challenging optional encounters that you essentially have to cheese. A lot of trash encounters that don't feel challenging, just there to make the game longer.
    Carrying capacity struggles.

If you are struggling with the game, there is a Toy Box mod on nexus that allows anything from minor adjustments (Upping carrying capacity), to completely breaking the game. The game will have mod support on workshop, but for now you have to use the Unity Injector (A separate program that loads the mods in).

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    BREAKER ONE NINE BREAKER ONE NINE YOU GOT YOUR EARS ON THIS IS RUBBER DUCK I'M DOING A DOUBLE NICKEL HAULIN' HOG TO SHAKEYTOWN ON I-ONE-OH KEEP A LOOKOUT WE GOT A BEAR IN THE AIR

WE GOT OURSELVES A

CONVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY
    yshyxilf4rq2.jpg

skow6dx1he1g.jpg

mv50hwacnlxp.jpg

American Truck Simulator has multiplayer now, and it is the best thing ever. @Viking and I joined up and did some cargo runs, made enough money for me to pay off my truck, and I swear we only hit like one or two cars (each). It was a total blast, and I highly recommend anyone who has even a remote interest in driving games or who has a wheel to pick it up. Multiplayer supports up to eight players, which means we need six of you to buy the game.

Cresting over a hill as your engine groans and the sun comes up while Jefferson Starship is playing on the radio and some asshole in front of you in a sedan is doing 50 in a 55 is a game experience I never knew I needed.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Makin' me want a wheel again. Wish they weren't so damn pricey.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    BREAKER ONE NINE BREAKER ONE NINE YOU GOT YOUR EARS ON THIS IS RUBBER DUCK I'M DOING A DOUBLE NICKEL HAULIN' HOG TO SHAKEYTOWN ON I-ONE-OH KEEP A LOOKOUT WE GOT A BEAR IN THE AIR

WE GOT OURSELVES A

yshyxilf4rq2.jpg

skow6dx1he1g.jpg

mv50hwacnlxp.jpg

American Truck Simulator has multiplayer now, and it is the best thing ever. @Viking and I joined up and did some cargo runs, made enough money for me to pay off my truck, and I swear we only hit like one or two cars (each). It was a total blast, and I highly recommend anyone who has even a remote interest in driving games or who has a wheel to pick it up. Multiplayer supports up to eight players, which means we need six of you to buy the game.

Cresting over a hill as your engine groans and the sun comes up while Jefferson Starship is playing on the radio and some asshole in front of you in a sedan is doing 50 in a 55 is a game experience I never knew I needed.

I'm in if we can figure timezones, I wanna try this out. Even if I'll be using an Xbox controller & keyboard.

It'd be nice to have a wheel again but a) pricey as @Pixelated Pixie says, and b) nowhere to put one.

Jazz on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

Don't buy a racing wheel

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Don't buy a racing wheel

Buy a trucking wheel instead.

• Options
    I mean, I can't buy either. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options

You have kids, don't you?

They have kidneys, don't they?

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Don't buy a racing wheel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxLwp1xe_Aw

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular

You have kids, don't you?

They have kidneys, don't they?

I'm sure they did. Last I heard, Pixie has a new GPU...

• Options
    I know one of you has a plastic forge and ardino controllers to slap together for the pink menace

• Options

WE GOT OURSELVES A

yshyxilf4rq2.jpg

skow6dx1he1g.jpg

mv50hwacnlxp.jpg

https://youtu.be/lqYTX7parRw

I have this on one of my playlists and it came on when my wife and I were still dating. She was rightfully mesmerized by the song.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Happy to report WOTR is just as good as Kingmaker with some good QOL changes on top of everything else.

Also seems to be doing better than Kingmaker did at launch so far. So we're probably getting barbarians with laser swords in 2-3 years. Fuck yeah, baby!

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Happy to report WOTR is just as good as Kingmaker with some good QOL changes on top of everything else.

Also seems to be doing better than Kingmaker did at launch so far. So we're probably getting barbarians with laser swords in 2-3 years. Fuck yeah, baby!

That takes 2-3 years? We had those in the '80s.
    k0j9ydodtf8u.jpg

ArmsForPeace84 on
    Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Options

The president of Tripwire thinks Texastan is on the right track with taking rights away from women.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

The president of Tripwire thinks Texastan is on the right track with taking rights away from women.

Related: I just found out you can tell Steam to ignore whole developers from their developer page. :+1:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular

fuckin yikes, ew

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Burn twitter down, nothing good ever comes from it. Guy is going to get destroyed for being pro life, he had to know that...

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Kalnaur wrote: »

Related: I just found out you can tell Steam to ignore whole developers from their developer page. :+1:

And there is no way that metric isn't tracked, because everything is tracked. :+1:

+1 ignoring Tripwire.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

That takes 2-3 years? We had those in the '80s.
    k0j9ydodtf8u.jpg
    The Pathfinder campaign I'm talking about is Iron Gods which introduces a lot of awesome scifi bullshit into the lore.

An alien spaceship crash lands ages ago and now theres laser guns, androids, mechs and other tech stuff. Science vs barbarian warlords. I don't know if DnD does the same thing but I love how you can point to a spot on Pathfinder's globe and theres a nation or place thats just an entirely different genre like a western or like classic horror vampires, werewolves everywhere, etc (Ustalav).

• Options
    edited September 2021
    edit: double post.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Burn twitter down, nothing good ever comes from it. Guy is going to get destroyed for being pro life, he had to know that...

Good. I hope his entire career goes down in flames.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Jazz wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »

And there is no way that metric isn't tracked, because everything is tracked. :+1:

+1 ignoring Tripwire.

thanks to a post over in SE++, I just saw that you can go to the Tripwire page on Steam and ignore their whole catalogue. Saves clicks.
    I hope other people make a cool shark game someday

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    It sucks a lot because they're just a publisher for some games and one of their published games? Chivalry 2. Sure that's not on steam but hooof. I feel bad for the chivalry devs because I aint buying chivalry 2 now because that asshole would get money.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options

Oh man, the comment section is burning him alive. It's actually pretty glorious for a change.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Its got a lot of idiots fired for exposing themselves as assholes over the years.

Twitter has its moments. They let Trump rampage and rally psychos through it for years though so fuck em.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular

How else is he going to fill his cum sock that's labeled "I'm the actual victim" unless he throws himself on the grenade that he threw?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Work-for-hire developer Shipwright Studios, which contributed to Tripwire games Chivalry 2 and Maneater, says it is canceling all contracts with Tripwire

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
This discussion has been closed.