As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Where we don't click links we don't know even if our friends appear to send them!

• Options
    ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Thanks to Commander Zoom and others for getting the ball rolling on Cinemaware Anthology, I just picked that up. I had Wings already, but I'm intrigued by Defender of the Crown and It Came From The Desert.

A while back, I watched a YT video about some of the stuff that was coming out for Amiga during the NES era, and was floored. I'm anxious to go hands on with it, after I run some honey do's.

ArmsForPeace84 on
    Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I'm incredibly disappointed in Tripwire.

At the same time, I had no idea you could just hide certain publishers stuff from steam entirely. That's a handy thing to know!

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    That's a great statement from Shipwright though.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Just shut the fuck up and make games.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Nah, I prefer these people show their whole ass so I can ignore them forever

• Options

Your favorite musician is a pedophile and the politician you voted for beats her kids. If you ignore everyone who you disagree with you're gonna end up living in a cave completely naked smashing two rocks together for entertainment.

• Options
    Sounds better than giving assholes my money, rocks are pretty cool

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I liked when I didn’t know everything about people I bought stuff from.

But at the same time, when I do it doesn’t stop me avoiding their stuff like the plague.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Awww man, Maneater was a game I was looking forward to playing on my new PC.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    So play it! It's not like one guy is behind it.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    Having played it, you're not missing out on much

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular

Same. It's fun enough, but it's an arcady fun.

I liked the game, it didn't take itself seriously and the shark swimming was decent.

Just not worth the trouble when it's connected to a company that has a ceo with abhorrent beliefs.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah it's not like some peon in the company, it's the dude taking in the most cash per sale with his salary and bonuses

Really easy choice for me to jettison them from my life

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    There are 50 bajillion games coming out every day. I can find a game from a company that's not run by shitheads easily enough, so I might as well put my money towards them.

• Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular

Same. It's fun enough, but it's an arcady fun.

I liked the game, it didn't take itself seriously and the shark swimming was decent.

Just not worth the trouble when it's connected to a company that has a ceo with abhorrent beliefs.

In fairness, Tripwire only published (rather than developed) Maneater I think. Not the fault of those devs - or the Chivalry 2 ones - that their publisher’s leadership decided to air his brain in public.

Depends where your line is - if you pick it up ,some presumably blameless dev gets to keep a paycheque, but the publisher do of course get their cut.

There’s enough good stuff out there already that this wasn’t really on my radar, so eh. Weren’t getting my money anyway.

• Options
    There are 50 bajillion games coming out every day. I can find a game from a company that's not run by shitheads easily enough, so I might as well put my money towards them.

The industry will move on, and everyone is going to forget about it in a month - just like they forgot about Tim Soret, just like they forgot about Sean Halliday, just like they forgot about dickwolves. But if its important to you than its important to you.

In a perfect world any game developer (or company who works with game developers) who used twitter for literally anything other than directly promoting their game would be publicly flogged, but the two best pieces of life advice you will ever get are always brush your teeth before you put your tie on, and never give a shit about anything that happens on twitter.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular

Oh I agree, there's other stuff to play.

But still, it looks fun.

• Options
    ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Looking at my backlog and where it's weighed, I think tomorrow is gonna hafta be Shmup Day. I gotta at least get some of these in the played column, if not completed. Here's hoping most of them have autofire, for the sake of my thumb.

ArmsForPeace84 on
    Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    What the best strip club/ bordello management game on steam?

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    So I’m shopping for digital goods and can’t remember. Is CDKeys a decent site or should I look elsewhere?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    It is a reseller. Avoid.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options

The industry will move on, and everyone is going to forget about it in a month - just like they forgot about Tim Soret, just like they forgot about Sean Halliday, just like they forgot about dickwolves. But if its important to you than its important to you.

In a perfect world any game developer (or company who works with game developers) who used twitter for literally anything other than directly promoting their game would be publicly flogged, but the two best pieces of life advice you will ever get are always brush your teeth before you put your tie on, and never give a shit about anything that happens on twitter.

I don't think this is the case at all. I only played shark game because it was on game pass, but you can bet your ass Microsoft isn't gonna sign a deal with them again after this kinda publicly announced idiocy. The things you say and do have ramifications, freedom of speech is not freedom of consequence, and if you say dumb shit I reserve the right to ignore you. People aren't goldfish who forget so easily, press of a button you can block anyone these days.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Developer returns to game after four decades, discovers and fixes typo so it works

New record for length of time after release that a game gets patched?

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Wow, anthro rabbit version of shadow complex.....probably egs timed exclusivity

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Your favorite musician is a pedophile and the politician you voted for beats her kids. If you ignore everyone who you disagree with you're gonna end up living in a cave completely naked smashing two rocks together for entertainment.

It's almost impressive, watching you weave this strawman in real-time. What I can't figure out is why you're so incandescent about this.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    It is a reseller. Avoid.

Thanks for the quick reply - I'll look elsewhere!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Burn twitter down, nothing good ever comes from it. Guy is going to get destroyed for being pro life, he had to know that...

Ah yes, Twitter is the problem here. Not the man celebrating millions of Texan women having their rights violated.

Yup, just Twitter.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    there I was in chat, innocently asking about Partisans, a neat looking Commandos-esque strategy RPS game, when suddenly I was....
    GIFTED BY A PIXIE MONSTER!
    LmxV1Qj.jpg
    Much thanks @Pixelated Pixie for Partisans! <3<3

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

There's Monster Girl Club Bifrost. Dunno how well it stacks up against some of the staples of the genre, but it seems alright.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

It's almost impressive, watching you weave this strawman in real-time. What I can't figure out is why you're so incandescent about this.

Incandescent is a pretty big stretch, it's more just being tired of idiots saying dumb stuff on twitter and people immediately frothing at the mouth over it. You're like kindergarteners gleefully running to tell the teacher on someone. I don't understand why you people are so desperate to be mad at someone who doesn't agree with you, but lucky for you there is a neverending parade of idiots on twitter who will happily feed your desire.

Some random game developer's opinion on [anything] literally does not matter, but people like you just had to streisand it and now the entire "gaming community" has seen it. Good job.

• Options
    PoseidonPoseidon Registered User regular

Your favorite musician is a pedophile

Musicians and priests have common interests after all.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Incandescent is a pretty big stretch, it's more just being tired of idiots saying dumb stuff on twitter and people immediately frothing at the mouth over it. You're like kindergarteners gleefully running to tell the teacher on someone. I don't understand why you people are so desperate to be mad at someone who doesn't agree with you, but lucky for you there is a neverending parade of idiots on twitter who will happily feed your desire.

Some random game developer's opinion on [anything] literally does not matter, but people like you just had to streisand it and now the entire "gaming community" has seen it. Good job.

There's a difference between some rando insulting your favorite game/car/movie/color and a person who stands to profit from your purchases saying "women's rights are being taken away, isn't it awesome?"

Getting mad about the former is stupid.

Not getting mad about the latter is disgraceful.

He deserves all the attention this brings him. Something something sunlight disinfecting...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular

I'm not sure what you're expecting the industry/buyers to do here? Sean Halliday was fired from CD Project and has taken cover with the right-wing arse The Quartering. Tim Soret is still a dev with 0 released games who was trying to ride Gamergate to get some extra eyes on his game but I dunno what we can do, not buy the 0 games he has put out? And whatever your stance on dickwolves I wouldn't lump it in with this, there's a difference between a terrible joke and actively supporting a law that punishes nearly half the population.

I mean we can all hide behind extreme nihilism if we want to be cute but there are definite results and consequences happening here, otherwise alt-right chuckleheads wouldn't be moaning about the effects of cancel culture.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular

There's Monster Girl Club Bifrost. Dunno how well it stacks up against some of the staples of the genre, but it seems alright.

Yakuza 0 maybe?

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »

Yakuza 0 maybe?

Yea, the cabaret club minigame is actually really good.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    signature.png

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    Thank you @Orivon for Final Fantasy IV Chunky Pixel Edition! <3<3<3 I have never actually played through it so I am super looking forward to it! Also that comment is not ominous at all...
    bsw5qdpdlmqj.jpg

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Malakaius wrote: »
    Thank you @Orivon for Final Fantasy IV Chunky Pixel Edition! <3<3<3 I have never actually played through it so I am super looking forward to it! Also that comment is not ominous at all...
    bsw5qdpdlmqj.jpg

Final Fantasy IV destroyed my brain in 1991 as to how amazing RPGs could look, sound, and play. Insanely, we got Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy IV, and Secret of Mana after that in what I like to refer to the golden era of JRPGs.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    I remember Encased catching some interest when it was first revealed but seems to have completely fallen off everybody's radar.

Seems to be a pretty neat Fallout inspired scifi CRPG. Comes out on the 7th so bad timing with the new Pathfinder game that just came out but I'm looking forward to diving in tomorrow.

https://youtu.be/thvJ3SEffv8

https://youtu.be/keYTKLhhL4s

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
This discussion has been closed.