As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Foremother

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2021 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Foremother

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I walked into a deer and stepped on a rabbit during an early morning walk playing Go in that heady 2016 summer. I only got a picture of the deer, the rabbit immediately bolted. I felt very embarrassed about how completely I lost track of my surroundings and tried to play much more responsibly the rest of the summer

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    I walked into a deer and stepped on a rabbit during an early morning walk playing Go in that heady 2016 summer. I only got a picture of the deer, the rabbit immediately bolted. I felt very embarrassed about how completely I lost track of my surroundings and tried to play much more responsibly the rest of the summer

Deer and rabbits don't normally just let people walk into/onto them, maybe they were also playing Pokémon Go.

• Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular

If anyone needs to feel embarrassed, it's the deer and the rabbit.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I have questions:

1) Cell reception in the woods?
    2) Poke-stops / Gyms in the woods?

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Djiem wrote: »

I don't know, I think the rabbit at least might have zero worries about self-image. They have two modes: hide and run. I think they are terrified of everything larger than they are and some things that are smaller.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I have questions:

1) Cell reception in the woods?
    2) Poke-stops / Gyms in the woods?

I've never played either, but early on Pokemon Go just used all the Ingress points. and they were all user added and plentiful. I hear there has been a lot of consolidation and culling since then to avoid "abuses".

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular

We all seemed to be very startled and confused

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    KagatoACKagatoAC Registered User regular
    shouldn't that be more like "please meat, hold still, I am hungry"

• Options
    KagatoAC wrote: »
    shouldn't that be more like "please meat, hold still, I am hungry"

That's Gabe's dialog in the last frame, not the wolf's.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »

I don't know, I think the rabbit at least might have zero worries about self-image. They have two modes: hide and run. I think they are terrified of everything larger than they are and some things that are smaller.

My SO saw a rabbit and a rat in the backyard the other day, rooting around under the bird feeder. They didn't notice each other at first, but when the rabbit saw the rat it immediately starting trying to kick the rat's face in.

• Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    This morning I saw a mouse running in a tiny circle on the sidewalk, like it was chasing its tail. It did this for, like, ten minutes. When I went outside it skittered away a little but kept doing the circles.

This doesn't have anything to do with the comic but I thought it was cute and sad and kinda weird. And I felt left out with all the weird animal stories.

• Options
    ConundrumConundrum Registered User regular
    @RatherDashing89 Careful small rodents present odd behavior like that when they have Rabies.

• Options
    Armored ChocoboArmored Chocobo Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

My SO saw a rabbit and a rat in the backyard the other day, rooting around under the bird feeder. They didn't notice each other at first, but when the rabbit saw the rat it immediately starting trying to kick the rat's face in.

I saw a video that had a rabbit jumping up and dropkicking a goat on the face, but it was only effective at launching the rabbit off the goat's head.

Another one had a tiny hare squealing when it's picked up, but when they put it down it started trying to charge the person that held it.

Armored Chocobo on
  • Options
    Conundrum wrote: »
    @RatherDashing89 Careful small rodents present odd behavior like that when they have Rabies.
    Small rodents (like squirrels, hamsters, guinea pigs, gerbils, chipmunks, rats, and mice) and lagomorphs (including rabbits and hares) are almost never found to be infected with rabies and have not been known to transmit rabies to humans.

https://www.cdc.gov/rabies/exposure/animals/other.html

• Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    To the person mentioning deer it really depends on where you live, the season and some luck. I've had a deer come pretty close to me on more than one occasion. Possibly due to being fed by humans so it loses its sense of being afraid and or slight domestication. Same for rabbits. The rabbit situation was even odder since it hopped towards me while walking my large mastiff who crapped in excitement of his potential new friend (never meal since he only enjoys playing with animals to death but never eats or injures them on purpose) was a struggle to keep him on his harness/saddle and leash.

My other encounter with a deer was while waiting at a red light. The deer full on foot ball line backer tackled my car out of nowhere. People didn't believe the report that I had been hit by a deer not the other way around.

• Options
    To the person mentioning deer it really depends on where you live, the season and some luck. I've had a deer come pretty close to me on more than one occasion. Possibly due to being fed by humans so it loses its sense of being afraid and or slight domestication. Same for rabbits. The rabbit situation was even odder since it hopped towards me while walking my large mastiff who crapped in excitement of his potential new friend (never meal since he only enjoys playing with animals to death but never eats or injures them on purpose) was a struggle to keep him on his harness/saddle and leash.

My other encounter with a deer was while waiting at a red light. The deer full on foot ball line backer tackled my car out of nowhere. People didn't believe the report that I had been hit by a deer not the other way around.

I bet he wasn't even insured.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021

I bet he wasn't even insured.

They really should be. Accidents like that can cost a lot of doe but insurance is only a few bucks a month.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited September 2021

This happened well before I was old enough to be attending, but the Junior High I went to once had a stag wander in through a door that was propped open during lunch time, got spooked and went running around the halls, before eventually smashing out a pane of glass next to a closed exterior door and running back into the undeveloped land behind the sports fields. I mean, we were right near a national park that has deer herds, so it wasn't that weird for one to be around, but it always made me wonder why it came into the building in the first place.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png