As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] F-Zero PX II - Race Finale: The New Champion of F-Zero PX is...

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    AHH

I see my confusion

I sent in my build long before my role pm

I just figured everybody else did as well.

38thDoe

I'm tired

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Well my mafia gambit is die village and implicate romantic undead and ahava as mafia. Of which I think only ahava is worrysome with her ranking.

Good luck non crimson racers!

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I think this is the first time I've ever edited a vote post.

ahava

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    I mean sure

But we picked our rigs and names before rules roles were handed out.

So

That would indicate that you were given an ability after you picked your name and build.

Which would, in fact, be a joke.

but yeah def not the king of races, but having fun tho

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I appreciate that you think I'm a better player than I really am, and so think that I could successfully pull off a gambit like you seem to think I did.

The confidence is touching

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Well my mafia gambit is die village and implicate romantic undead and ahava as mafia. Of which I think only ahava is worrysome with her ranking.

Good luck non crimson racers!

I am not buying ahava as mafia. But it'd be "fun" to get completely fooled twice in a row....

38th

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    The reason that we latched onto disc in the first place is because of ahava, really can't understand how thats a mafia move

• Options
    They're implying that I'm a mastermind that's throwing my Mafia members under the bus so I can gain control of the village.

Why Anybody would ever want to be in charge of a village is beyond me.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    38th looks pretty solidly suspicious to me- time for you to go like dust on the wind, friend.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I will join a 38th vote.

Sorry for being so inactive, I have just not had the mental capacity to engage after all the work I was doing for and after the wedding.

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Two hours until the vote closes and Race 5 commences! Make sure you have your tuning settings in before then, and make sure you've posted and voted!

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRG1UixHvos

"We have lost comrades. Bugayev, make the necessary signals to Moscow and to the American ship. We will then dive to a hundred meters. We will take no chance that they will seize our ship. I take full responsibility for this-disgrace! Mark this well, comrades. The fault is mine alone."

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    38thDoe just to prevent shenanigans

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I guess I'll back the 38th Doe vote.

38thDoe

• Options
    I mean

Don't let us twist your arm or anything

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Well, whatever happens tonight is sure to be interesting, I think! Good luck racers!

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    Voting has closed and it's time for Race 5!

Votes and actions submitted before the hour (xx59 and earlier) will count; those made at or after the hour (xx00 or later) will not.

Results and narration will be up in an hour.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    A lot more 38th votes in a row than I would have thought

Steam profile
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    A real...38thRow

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Race car go Vroom, Smash

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options

Well, if he’s not red, I’m pretty much dead

• Options
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    A real...38thRow

Badum tish!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    07s6pg11kqnq.gif

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Race 6: Lightning - Electric Edge

u03opj9lplgy.png

That was no mirage: you've truly witnessed yet another amazing race in the F-Zero PX championship! Mr. Zero here yet again to break down the latest with the penultimate race in the championship. We had one additional withdrawal prior to the race, with Marko Ramius (38thDoe) quietly disappearing shortly following quailfying. Since nobody saw the machine leave the track grounds, rumors have spread that the machine phased into the ground, submerging into the sands of Sand Ocean. The 'classic' style of the racer and machine found its share of fans, who were disappointed by the potential championship winner suddenly pull out of the competition. For those fans, the hunt is on for the whereabouts of the Red October, and their hopes are up to see that unique machine racing on track once again.

Right from the start of the race, there was some explosive action. The Nuka Cola Girl (lonelyahava) rocketed off of the line, in a very literal sense! The Toxic experienced an impressive burst at the start of the race, but quickly found itself off of the track, unable to control its speed on even the first of the Spiral Drift circuit's flowing turns. Despite the fact that she's within the hunt for the overall championship, she's withdrawn from the final race of the championship, and so will not be able to take the overall crown. Better luck next time, and we'll hope to see you on the track again in the future!

The first lap also saw the wraith-like Wight Wail crash out after a close encounter with another competitor. The Wight Wail's pilot, Morty Slick (Alegis), has unfortunately had to withdraw from the remainder of the competition as a result. We've been able to locate the mysterious pilot for any follow-up interviews.

There was plenty of additional jostling across the rest of the race, and a few additional close calls to boot. It was poor luck for Frederick Clemenceau, who misjudged the final set of technical curves on the last lap, and failed to finish the race. Lancaster Honshu was caught up in traffic, and despite their 2nd-place start, eventually ended in just 12th place. Points are still points, however, and they're still in contention for the overall championship.

On the other side of the coin, the star of the day was Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau in the Tequila Sunset. Despite a couple of poor performances in the previous two races, Costeau looked clear-minded and focused, quickly carving through the field in the first lap before boost power came online, ending up in 2nd place. Dr. Charles Acula put on a similar performance, putting their machine into 3rd place. Taking the race victory this time out was Sparky Dave. Their uncannily mechanical precision let them get to the front of the pack while others struggled in places behind. All three of the podium finishers are in a strong position to take the championship, with just one race to go.

The next race is a return to a track from last year, Lightning's Electric Edge. This highly technical circuit is a worthy finale to decide the championship. In contrast to the flowing curves of Spiral Drift, Electric Edge features many sharp, right-angle turns. Only just over half the field has make it to this final stage, so any pilot able to complete the entire calendar will still have some amount of achievement to take back with them. Eight pilots still have a chance to take the championship, and from them, only one racer will rise above the rest and close out the championship with the first-place trophy. You won't want to miss the finale!

Race 5 Outcomes:
    1st - Machine: Metal Tick 9001 / Pilot: Sparky Dave (3cl1ps3) - 100 points
    2nd - Machine: The Tequila Sunset / Pilot: Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau (SLyM) - 90 points
    3rd - Machine: The Undying Machine / Pilot: Dr. Charles Acula (Lucedes) - 81 points
    4th - Machine: Steel Spear / Pilot: Richard 'Hotrod' Hotroddington IV (premium) - 73 points
    5th - Machine: The Mean Machine / Pilot: Dick Dastardly (Cythraul) - 66 points
    6th - Machine: Now This is Podracing / Pilot: Anakin Skywalker (TehSpectre) - 60 points
    7th - Machine: Big K / Pilot: Dr. K (Virgil_Leads_You) - 54 points
    8th - Machine: Like They Used To / Pilot: Skullo-X (Romantic Undead) - 49 points
    9th - Machine: Shadow Pouncer / Pilot: Lula Luna (MamaWolf) - 44 points
    10th - Machine: Blue Streak / Pilot: Toto (kime) - 40 points
    11th - Machine: White Breeze / Pilot: Gust Greenver (JaysonFour) - 36 points
    12th - Machine: Double Indemnity / Pilot: Lancaster Honshu (Endless_Serpents) - 33 points
    13th - Machine: Deadman Switch / Pilot: Bomb Zimmerman (Auralynx) - 29 points

Did not Finish:
    Machine: The Red October / Pilot: Marko Ramius (38thDoe) - 0 points
    Machine: Toxic / Pilot: Nuka Cola Girl (lonelyahava) - 0 points
    Machine: Wight Wail / Pilot: Morty Slick (Alegis) - 0 points
    Machine: The Green Ghost / Pilot: Frederick Clemenceau (JusticeForPluto) - 0 points

Eliminated Players:
    Machine: The Red October / Pilot: Marko Ramius (38thDoe)
    Machine: Toxic / Pilot: Nuka Cola Girl (lonelyahava)
    Machine: Wight Wail / Pilot: Morty Slick (Alegis)

Race Conditions: Lightning - Electric Edge features many sharp, right-angle turns, limiting the amount of passing that can be performed. The maximum number of passing points that can be rolled in Technical and Balanced sectors is 7. (This will not apply during qualifying.)
    4 Laps x {Technical, Balanced, Technical, High Speed}

In addition, due to the reduced number of players on track, there will be a flat x0.85 multiplier to speed for all passing point rolls made in all sectors during the race. (No changes will be made to passing point rolls for qualifying.)

Race 6 will close Tuesday, September 7, 2100 PDT / 2400 EDT / Wednesday, September 8, 0400 UTC / 1400 AEST.
    Qualifying results will be posted at Tuesday, September 7, 0400 UTC, 0900 PDT / 1200 EDT / 1600 UTC / Wednesday, September 8, 0200 AEST.

Reminder: this is the final race of the game! The player with the most points at the end of the race will be declared the champion, and win the race not just for themselves, but the rest of their faction. If you would like to submit a quote to put into the narration if you end up being champion, please include that in your orders for today. Race logs will be going out over the next half hour!

Standings after Race 5:
    1st - Machine: The Tequila Sunset / Pilot: Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau (SLyM) - 321 points
    2nd - Machine: Metal Tick 9001 / Pilot: Sparky Dave (3cl1ps3) - 305 points
    3rd - Machine: The Undying Machine / Pilot: Dr. Charles Acula (Lucedes) - 287 points
    4th - Machine: Now This is Podracing / Pilot: Anakin Skywalker (TehSpectre) - 268 points
    5th - Machine: Double Indemnity / Pilot: Lancaster Honshu (Endless_Serpents) - 265 points
    6th - Machine: The Mean Machine / Pilot: Dick Dastardly (Cythraul) - 250 points
    7th - Machine: Like They Used To / Pilot: Skullo-X (Romantic Undead) - 239 points
    8th - Machine: Steel Spear / Pilot: Richard 'Hotrod' Hotroddington IV (premium) - 226 points
    9th - Machine: Shadow Pouncer / Pilot: Lula Luna (MamaWolf) - 224 points
    10th - Machine: White Breeze / Pilot: Gust Greenver (JaysonFour) - 214 points
    11th - Machine: The Green Ghost / Pilot: Frederick Clemenceau (JusticeForPluto) - 211 points
    12th - Machine: Deadman Switch / Pilot: Bomb Zimmerman (Auralynx) - 193 points
    13th - Machine: Big K / Pilot: Dr. K (Virgil_Leads_You) - 178 points
    14th - Machine: Blue Streak / Pilot: Toto (kime) - 161 points

Race 6 Scoring:
    Place - Points
    1 - 100
    2 - 88
    3 - 78
    4 - 68
    5 - 60
    6 - 53
    7 - 47
    8 - 42
    9 - 37
    10 - 32
    11 - 28
    12 - 25
    13 - 22
    14 - 20

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    That should be all of the race logs out. Let me know if I missed you!

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Who attacked me.

Be honest.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Toto
    Lets give it the best we got!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    ooooo

oh sweet release
    thanks y'all

OOooOOOO

• Options
    Yeah not surprised 38th is village with the way that bandwagon took off

Steam profile
  • Options
    Sketchy List

SLyM for multiple reasons.

He's near constantly winning or nearly and is in the #1 spot by a fair margin.

I bet he has something extra going on.

I also know Endless_Serpent was targeted by at least 3 of us as a rival last night, but managed not to crash. Real lucky rolls? It's certainly possible but even with poor showing tonight, he's still in the title picture, even if (like me) things have to mostly go perfect for him to win. If there hadn't been a concentrated effort to crash him, he'd probably would be higher on the current standings.

hmmmm

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    I was hit
    7 times
    by 3 racers.

Looks like I’m out of the runnings, I’ll get nowhere with that many folks after me.

Good luck everyone!

Edit: I didn’t even see TehSpectre’s post. So yeah, that’s a thing.

For all those I have spoken to, I haven’t mentioned attacking anyone ever. I’ve only discussed voting options, and at times, have voted due to your requests.

So take from this race what you will.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    yesssssss, now all i have to do is not get murdered by the mafia on the last day, just like i did in the first FZero phalla!

what could POSSIBLY go WRONG?

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Who attacked me.

Be honest.

Apparently me!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    Who attacked me.

Be honest.

Apparently me!

Ah, my nemesis, thanks!

• Options
    Well there are 14 racers left.

(SLyM) - 321 points
    (3cl1ps3) - 305 points
    (Lucedes) - 287 points
    (TehSpectre) - 268 points
    (Endless_Serpents) - 265 points

--- unlikely
    (Cythraul) - 250 points
    (Romantic Undead) - 239 points
    (premium) - 226 points
    (MamaWolf) - 224 points

--- Cant win first, as under 100 pts to beat 321
    (JaysonFour) - 214 points
    (JusticeForPluto) - 211 points
    (Auralynx) - 193 points
    (Virgil_Leads_You) - 178 points
    Toto (kime) - 161 points

We can vote out 1, and maybe bang up some others.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Is it too petty to vote for TehSpectre?

• Options
    I hope kime comes in 1st.

• Options
    Welp. I don't regret voting to 38th. I gave my reasoning. Anyone who thought ahava could be Crimson is a silly goose. Sucks that 38th couldn’t be convinced to lay off, as I would have switched to someone else if they had, but they were insistent so I had to believe they were working against the village.

Can’t say I’m really surprised ahava got ‘merced. By they way she was talking though, I think she’s actually relieved, lol.

Current list of personal suspects in order of overall Standings (I am not a seer or otherwise an authority):

SLyM should be dead, or at least way lower in the rankings by now, yet they're not. Has avoided multiple bandwagons. I really think we need to vote them off.

3cl1ps3 – mainly posting RP silliness, but not otherwise meaningfully contributing to village discussions. Clearly paying attention to the race, but doesn’t seem to care enough about the rest of the players to contribute. Also, their name is Eclipse! I mean come on, if MrBlarney was feeling cheeky and wanted to fudge the die rolls for the sake of his theme, 3cl1ps3 would be who he would do it for :D

Lucedes – similar to 3cl1ps3, very low-profile in the thread, not contributing to the discussion a whole lot, but obviously doing well in the race, so they’re clearly paying attention.

Endless_Serpents – a lot of people I’ve been talking to are suspicious of them, but it’s generally a gut feeling and overall nervousness about not being able to get a read on them, but they’re doing well in the race so could be a threat. Also, I attacked them three times last night, and I know I wasn’t alone, yet they’re still sitting pretty

Cythraul was third on 38th vote which would be a good move by a Mafia to get a bandwagon started on someone they know is not them. Plus, Ahava suspected them as well

Mamawolf for this quote, immediately after I cast the tie-breaking vote for discrider:
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    Not trying to defend, but doesn't Disc always post random stuff/vote that doesn't make sense until later in game when we look back and go "oh yeah"

Strikes me as a Mafia trying to steer people away from her teammate before a bandwagon starts.

The following players I still suspect to a degree, but they’re lower in the rankings and are unlikely to win:

JaysonFour – Really under the radar. Sneaky sneaky

JusticeforPluto – still suspicious for the last minute simulvote with Locus, even though Locus ended up village – also worth noting that I’m pretty sure they have now crashed twice and are still alive somehow

Auralynx – Gizzy tried to vote them off the day she died, but no one listened; also was the 4th to vote on 38th

Virgil_Leads_You – feels personal. Has done nothing but vote for me. Doesn’t participate in village discussion. If they’re a villager, they’re not a helpful one, seems to be playing the game for themselves.

Players that I haven’t included here are either cool, or not really worth worrying about :-p

• Options
    Curse your overt and inevitable betrayal!

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    romantic undead, I think your opinion on how dead I should be is clouded by the fact that you attacked me for one race.

you're literally the only one who ever has.

I have been racing very inconsistently, bouncing between very low (particularly in qualifying) and very high, which is basically exactly what we need to win. Will I do well or will I do badly? I don't know, and critically the mafia doesn't either. If we force them to murder me or waste attacks when I was gonna have a bad race anyway, great. If they don't murder me, I might crash and burn as well. Or maybe I do well and win it for the village? We've had multiple discussions about how it's important to keep things unpredictable over the course of the game, and the last day is where that's most important.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)